Boston Common Band + DJ Combo

Boston Common Band + DJ Combo

The most award winning Boston Wedding Band | 80s 90s, Top40 , R&B + Classic Rock

Boston, MA 02116 | map
Agency or Band: Band
Band size: Large (6+ musicians)
Genres: 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Blues, Classic Rock, Country, Da...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I could have given this group 100 stars, I would have. The band was absolutely OUTSTANDING! You can do NO wrong here, trust me. For the guests who didn't dance, they watched on the side while the band put on a great show. They were super interactive with the crowd and I wanted to continue to dance the night away. I honestly cannot say enough about this group, you will not be disappointed. They learn a song for you at your request, and truly play to the crowd. And they play everything under the sun- from Michael Jackson to Kim Carnes. If I could have them play at every event, I would. Go see them, you cannot go wrong here people!!!!!! I have guests still coming up to me nearly two weeks later saying that they were the most outstanding wedding band they had ever seen. Cheers!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

BOOK THIS BAND. I can't describe how amazing they made our night. The dance floor was never empty, and people are still telling us how they'll never forget the band's performance. The instrumentalists were truly talented, the singers had incredible energy, and they all worked together for a spectacular show. I wish I could re-live their performance over again!
On top of the actual musicianship, working with the band leading up to the wedding was great. They added no stress to our already-busy schedule, and made sure to get everything perfect.

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Boston Common + DJ Shyne were absolutely amazing - they did THE perfect job of getting people on the dance floor and keeping them there. Their energy was amazing and contagious. They did such a great job of engaging the crowd, young and old. I got so many compliments on the "band + DJ combination" and would absolutely recommend them to anyone who's looking for an epic wedding dance party!

Boston Common Band + DJ Combo responded with the following comments:

Meghan & Tyler -- It was our pleasure... you guys totally rock and we couldn't have been more happy to perform for such a wonderful group of people!!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This band is amazing. They are so professional and responsive. They spent a lot of time working through exactly what we wanted and understanding our music preferences. They learned a grateful dead song and not well known country song for us and performed them perfectly. They knew how to read the crowd and played a perfect mix of old and new songs. In addition, we had a schedule issue due to timing of the food and they handled it expertly. I would recommend them to anyone. All of my guests raved about them!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Boston Common Band did a terrific job for our July 5th wedding - they made sure to spend plenty of time discussing the plans over the phone, were extremely thorough and professional, and were overall just a GREAT Band that every guest at our wedding loved. Everyone commented on how there was not one person sitting down - they truly got EVERYONE involved and the crowd was just electric due to the Band's awesome energy. From the intro's to the song selections, they knew exactly how to make it an unbelievably fun night. They even had some break dancers which was a great and unexpected addition to the fun. Highly recommend them!!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Band, DJ
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough great things about our experience with the Boston Common Band!! Throughout our lengthy wedding planning process, Jonathan and Josh (DJ J-Boogz) were always quick to respond and provide helpful feedback to any of a wide variety of questions I sent their way. Josh was super on top of making sure that people were where they needed to be for entrances, speeches, etc. and coordinating other last minute changes on the day of our wedding. Knowing that he had everything under control allowed me to relax and enjoy every moment of our big day! Most importantly, the band's performance was phenomenal!! I can't count the number of guests who have raved about how much they loved the band! They even managed to get a few of those guests (who NEVER dance) up off their chairs and onto the dance floor!

If you're looking for a band for your wedding, you won't be disappointed by the Boston Common Band!! Their professionalism and amazing talent will make your wedding planning process that much easier and ensure a great party for your guests!

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This band is great. They really read the room and play music that keeps the energy high and the crowd happy. The DJ is the combo package is awesome - he kept the wedding moving and played great music during the band's break. Everyone complimented me on the music and everyone was dancing all night!

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The BCB has a great set up in that the package includes 8 band members plus a DJ. The DJ plays during the band’s set breaks. They also have a keyboard player who played during cocktail hour for us. The band is extremely talented, and the DJ was also great at getting people out on the dance floor. They are very well organized with a great online system for sending them your schedule, song requests, do-not-play songs, etc. My husband had a call with DJ Shyne a week before and he helped us further figure out our entire timeline. DJ Shyne was also the MC and did an amazing job – didn’t butcher anyone’s name, timed the entrance songs perfectly. He even helped us transition from “My Girl” to gangnam style for the father-daughter dance –not an easy thing to do but he really made it work! My only small complaint was that there were a number of songs I put on our “must play” list which were never played, as far as I know. This could happen with other bands as well, not sure! I call it a small complaint though because overall I was so pleased with our choice of music, the band is so talented and played some great stuff! I should also mention that the DJ took care of our lighting for us in the venue, so we had some great uplighting, which he matched perfectly to my wedding colors. Highly recommend!

• Wedding: 10/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Boston Common Band was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding. I think every single one of our 172 guests came up to us and said that they were unbelievable. They truly took our wedding to the next level. What an amazingly talented group. If you are looking for a great wedding band that will make your event unforgettable, look no further.

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Boston Common Band was fantastic! I was a little nervous since I hadn't actually gone to see them play, but the moment they started in on the first dance song, we knew it was going to be great! They played to the crowd and everyone at the wedding was up and dancing. I would recommend them to anyone.

• Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Boston Common Band was the best decision I ever made for my wedding! My husband and I couldn't have been happier with everything they did for us that night. From the vocals, to the lighting and to the overall sound of the band, just awesome. They kept our wedding guests entertained from the moment they walked into our venue until the moment they walked out! All guests were up and dancing the entire night. They were super easy, flexible and so much fun to work with. They were able to accommodate a pianist for our cocktail hour, live band and DJ all in one night, the ultimate perfect combination. Guests to this day keep saying how awesome the band was at our wedding. My family loved them so much that my brother booked them for his wedding this upcoming summer. Can't wait to party it up with them all again! I highly recommend them to play at any big event, you won't be disappointed!

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
Michelle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Boston Common Band was by far the best band we could have chosen for our wedding. They were recommended to us by a family memeber who had seen them perform at a wedding the year prior, saying it had been the best band they had ever seen at a wedding.
Our wedding was a small wedding (70 people) but the band from start to finish had the entire party out on the dance floor! They performed the best combination of classic and new hits, that had people of all ages dancing up a storm! The DJ (Josh) who MC'd the night for us, did an amazing job of keeping the party going during dinner and when the band was in between sets. We would/will highly recommend the Boston Commond Band to many of our friends and family who will marry in the future.

• Wedding: 04/20/2013
Services Used: Band, DJ
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These guys seriously ROCK!!!! We used the Boston Common Band for our wedding and I am trying to put the words together on how absolutely amazing this group is! Their Band and DJ package was the perfect choice for my wedding.

Planning our reception with the DJ was simple, fun, and really settled my nerves! I knew he had control of my event weeks before our big day! His announcements were perfect, and let me say that some of the names in my bridal party are fairly difficult to pronounce.

The band performance was unbelievable!! The songs they played kept people dancing all night! We didn't need to request a single song, they knew exactly what my guests wanted to hear to keep them going.

We also booked our up lighting with them, and the venue was beautiful beyond my imagination! The stage setup, lights and overall neatness of the band made my reception pictures look amazing! I would highly recommend this Band/DJ package to anyone! They are exceptional musicians, and true professionals. I'm so happy we booked them!

• Wedding: 02/17/2013
Services Used: Band, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Manny
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These guys are so fun and added so much to my wedding. I have to cop to a little bit of hesitation in signing with them based on the website. My husband and I do not fall in the typical demographic for first time bride and grooms, we are both in our 40s, and I was concerned that the band would not be able to read the room. I could not have been more wrong. In fact, I don't see how we could have possibly done better than Boston Common. They would be amazing for any age group, their repertoire is that expansive.

These guys (and girl) are not only great musicians and supremely talented, but they can dance! At one point, the dance floor was a little sparse, so a couple of the members of the band/dj team got out and totally got down to try to rile up the audience to get on the dance floor. They didn't just do their job, they went over and beyond.

As far as organization and flexibility, they were great. Jonathan and Jeff (DJ Shyne) were both great to work with and it is completely evident they know how to do this gig better than anyone.

For those brides who are looking for a band who doesn't sound like a wedding band, these are your guys (and girl). They are a level above.

• Wedding: 01/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot even begin to describe how great our experience with Boston Common was. From the moment we first spoke with them they were professional, organized, understanding and very easy to contact and quick with responses. The planning phone calls before the wedding were very helpful and was one less thing we had to worry/stress about leading up to the wedding.

Then came their performance at the wedding... Amazing! They played so many different types of songs, and the dance floor was packed from start to finish. The instrumentals were fantastic and I would definitely recommend adding the saxophone. The male and female vocals were outstanding, we were amazed how they could sing so many different types of songs.

This may seem biased, but I can honestly say they were the best wedding band we've ever seen, and we were so lucky to have them be a part of our wedding.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Band, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

BCB - Thank you so much for the amazing job your band did at our company holiday party! You and DJ Shyne were very flexible and easy to work with. Being able to incorporate the band, DJ & uplighting was awesome and looked so professional and perfect! We highly recommend this band!

• Wedding: 01/08/2013
617-840-5580
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards