Boston College Club

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I cannot say enough good things about the BC Club (and their special events team of Sara and Chelsea). From our very first visit, we fell in love with the gorgeous space and the jaw-dropping views of the entire city of Boston. In addition to being a gorgeous space, the staff (I worked with Sara and Chelsea throughout my planning process) is incredible and made my wedding planning process a breeze. Both Sara and Chelsea were incredibly responsive and professional, going above and beyond to make sure we had the perfect day. They are true experts - never pushy and always helping you to make the best decisions based on their experience. I still can't get over how beautifully everything came together on our wedding day! I can easily and honestly say that not even one little thing went wrong on our wedding day - due in large part to the work of Sara, Chelsea and the rest of the staff at the BC Club.

In addition to the superior service and stunning views, the food at the BC Club is delicious! If you're looking for food that is something much more than run of the mill wedding catering, the BC Club is a great choice. Our guests continue to rave about the food, service and ambiance.

Like I said, I can't say enough good things about the BC Club, but the price is also fantastic. We looked at several other venues in Boston, and the BC Club is by far the most affordable choice for a venue in Downtown Boston. We were able to get every little "extra" thing we wanted and then some.

We had the best night of our lives at the BC Club!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are so many things I could say about the Boston College Club and how amazing it was having our reception there. The space is beautiful and the views were amazing. The food was incredible and the service was great. The entire staff made my new husband and I feel so special and everyone made sure that all of our guests were taken care of. Sara, the special events coordinator, was fantastic to work with. She was so responsive and was always quick to respond to the (many!) emails I sent her. She made the entire planning process fun, from the tasting to picking out linens. Sara and the entire staff at the BC Club made our wedding day so easy and everything was so smoothly. I would highly recommend the BC Club to anybody planning a Boston wedding!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Being two BC alums, what better place to have a reception than the Boston College Club. From the moment my husband and I toured the venue, we knew it was perfect for us. The panoramic views of Boston were stunning, the food was fantastic and I didn't have to worry about bumping into another bride because we essentially had the entire top floor to ourselves. The BC Club Events Manager, Sara Lavanchy, was fantastic and really went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. Sara was very responsive on email and always made us feel at ease during the wedding planning process. She made our tasting a lot of fun and gave us some great ideas when it came to setting up the room and selecting our linens. Sara also made sure to be there the day of the wedding and stayed through the dinner portion of the night. To clarify, Sara is not required to attend the actual weddings, but she cares about her clients and wants to ensure that everything runs smoothly.

1 person found this review helpful
Recently Married

We absolutely LOVED everything about the BC Club. Sara Lavanchy, the wedding coordinator, was incredible. She was very responsive to emails, flexible about things we wanted and didn't want, and set the place up beautifully. We visited many locations, but the second we walked in here we knew it was the place for our wedding. Absolutely beautiful....

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We looked all over Boston for our perfect wedding spot and had trouble finding the charm and view we were looking for at an affordable price, until we stumbled upon the Boston College Club. It provided the exact atmosphere we were looking for, at a price that actually allowed us to be able to afford a wedding on a Saturday night in the city. The view is amazing. The decor is classic New England elegance. And the service was personal and top-notch. The staff were so flexible in meeting our special requests, allowing certain aspects of our special day that no other vendor would allow. They also provide free parking - such a nice bonus for our guests - and the entire floor to ourselves on the wedding day. The wedding coordinator on staff is very professional, confident, and experienced. She was able to answer all the questions we had for her, and those we didn't even think to ask. Overall, we had an amazing wedding, thanks in large part to the services and staff at the BC Club.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough good things about the BC Club. We got married in July with a lot of out of town guests and everyone was blown away by the views. You can see every part of the city and the Boston Harbor. Also, the food is delicious. Sarah was wonderful and easy to work with and made our dreams come true. As for the price: there's no way you get more for your money in Boston anywhere else.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the BC Club in July 2014 and it was hands down the BEST night of our lives! Everything was fantastic - the room was so elegant, the food was delicious, and everyone was so easy and pleasant to work with. Sara was excellent from beginning to end. We had no idea what we were doing when we started the wedding planning process, and she couldn't have made things easier for us. She helped us lay out a plan to fit perfectly within our budget at the beginning, and was very helpful and accessible with everything we needed during the planning process. She also coordinated the food/wine tasting and arrangements with the wedding cake vendor. On the day of the wedding, she had the entire setup taken care of with the other vendors...and even saved the day when she fixed my dress after the bustle broke in the middle of the reception!

The view is absolutely unbelievable and just got nicer as the sun went down. We had about 150 people, and the space and dance floor were perfect for that number. Everyone raved about the place for days - and had a bunch of our friends and family tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to!

We also had a few people with food allergies, and the staff took care of them without a problem. Definitely the best night of our lives at the BC Club and wish we could do it all over again! Highly recommend to anyone considering it - our day was incredible and wouldn't have changed a thing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The B.C. Club was the perfect setting for our wedding reception. The views are unparalleled in the city, but even more impressive was the service (impeccable), food and drink, and the ease with which everything seemed to flow. It was so well-organized and the attention to detail by Sara, the event planner, made our day just perfect. Guests are still talking about what an amazing venue it was and what a beautiful reception it was. I can't say enough about our experience here.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
1 Review
1+ year ago

We had our September 2013 wedding at the BC Club and had the best day of our lives! We could not be happier with the whole experience and highly recommend this venue. From the first site visit, to the tasting, to post-wedding follow up, Sara was incredibly responsive and helpful, but most of all we appreciated her honesty. She does not try to persuade you in any particular direction but instead listens to what you want and makes thoughtful recommendations that suit your budget.

The BC Club is an incredible venue and I'm sure you will agree as soon as you take in the view!. The view is breathtaking and only got more beautiful as the night progressed. Although the view is certainly the main event, the BC Club is a very elegant venue on its own with probably has the nicest bathroom I have ever been in! The BC Club also has beautiful chairs and linens that you are free to use but we opted to rent chivari chairs and linens that matched our theme. The result was gorgeous and Sara coordinated the rental on our behalf which made it very easy.

The staff is super friendly, professional and take pride in what they do. In particular, I appreciated the fact that a special meal was prepared for my sister (who has a food allergy) and that one particular server (the fantastic Javier!) made sure she was well taken care of. The food here is fantastic and definitely not your typical wedding food. We received many compliments on the food from our guests!

My husband and I would recommend the BC Club to anyone planning a wedding and have many beautiful memories from our wedding that will last a lifetime!

1+ year ago

We had the best night of our life and the most gorgeous wedding at the BCC! The service was amazing and so was the food. Sara made sure everything ran like a well oiled machine, checking up on us a few time during the night. The servers were so amazing and even made sure to make a plate of appetizers for us to enjoy in peace in the back room. If I had to do the whole day over again, I would absolutely choose the BCC again. Thank you so much for making it so special!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was fantastic. From the food to the service to the view of Boston to the size of the dance floor, this venue had everything that we wanted for our wedding day and more. Sara did a wonderful job in organizing everything and running everything. She is so responsive and was so easy to work with. The food was spectacular and we loved how big the dance floor was. I wish we could live the entire night over again - we wouldn't change a thing!

2+ years ago

We had our wedding in June of 2013 and had an absolutely perfect experience with the BC Club. Sara Lavanchy coordinated everything from the intiial visit and quotes, to coordinating the vendors, arranging for the tasting, catering, cake (through Konditormeister) and all of the important details leading up to the wedding day. She always had time for my questions and responded to everything promptly and in a friendly, calm manner. She's a true pro and I knew we were in good hands with Sara! I had been to the BC Club many times, but it felt even more beautiful and special for the wedding. The 360 views of Boston are spectacular and was appreciated by both out-of-towners and locals who'd never been there. The decor and atmosphere in the lounge area as well as the ballroom was festive and elegant. We had 170 guests and it was a perfect fit, both for tables and the dance floor. Our guests raved about the food, which is far better than the typical wedding fare, as well as the impeccable service. All of the staff are friendly, professional, and take their jobs very seriously. We were even lucky enough to have a gorgeous sunset, which made the views even more beautiful! We have incredible memories from the BC Club and would recommend it without hesitation for a wedding!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
3.5

We loved the location - its in downtown boston in the financial district and was really beautiful! Even the decor is pretty nice - we fell in love with how elegant and not cheesy it all looked.

The food was alright - we had an Indian wedding and they were willing to do an indian fusion menu for us which was nice. However, the Indian items were ok. The non-indian items I heard was alot better. Perhaps we should have just gone with their regular menu.

The thing we did not have a great experience with is their service. The planner we dealt with was not as available as I thought she could have been. They claimed to be really responsive yet many times it took her a while to write back. She was great in person when we went in to meet but otherwise I felt there was attitude and perhaps they are just busy. Now, at the actual reception, the bar had 1 bartender although there were so many guests waiting in line for drinks. There seemed to be plenty of service folks standing around - not sure why they couldn't jump in to help. Instead, we had a staff member pull the groom aside to tell him someone under 18 was trying to get alcohol - i'm sorry, i thought that was their job to check, not the groom's. Just generally speaking - alot of our guests told us the staff came off a little rude, which is obviously not something you want to hear.