Bold American Catering

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

Bold American did a fantastic job on our wedding day! We couldn't have asked for a better vendor throughout our engagement- Michelle and her team were very prompt, gave us great advice and recommendations based on our ideas, and the food was AMAZING. Our guests said it was some of the best they've had, which meant a lot coming from our crowd :)

I would highly recommend Bold to anyone looking for a professional and personal experience!!

Services Used: Catering

The food was absolutely incredible! All the guests at the wedding said they were stuffed by the end because they kept going back for 2nds and 3rds!

Private User
Recently Married

Working with Bold was a true pleasure...they were so easy to work with...very professional and helpful and the food was delicious!

Services Used: Catering

Bold American catered our daughters wedding. We had passed hors d'oeuvres and a Mediterranean display. The dinner was a plated dinner with guest choice of chicken, short ribs or salmon. Mini dessert display. One word describes the food. Phenomenal! The presentation of the display was impressive. Crab cake, mini tomato soup w/grilled cheese, fried goat cheese ball and carpaccio were delicious. No knife was needed for the short ribs. The salmon, cooked to perfection and the chicken w/sweet potato biscuit was delicious. The apple pie pops, homemade peanut butter cups w/gold dust and chocolate covered cheese cake were also delicious. We had no complaints. We had late night sliders and fries. I missed those, but the guests that ate them said they were delicious!
Service was elegantly done. We did not realize that the food service would be butler style (not served on trays). That was a pleasant surprise.
We worked with Michelle Segura. She was wonderful! So easy to work with. Patient with my neverending questions and changes. She followed through with everything we asked for. At the final tasting, we asked for some changes in seasoning of the food. Truthfully, I thought it would fall through the cracks, but Michelle made sure they were done!
Bold American was instrumental in making our daughter's wedding a night to remember.

Services Used: Catering

You cannot go wrong with Bold American Catering. They made my wedding out of this world, delicious. I made the mistake of sampling their food first out of 3 caterers I had selected and the other 2 companies did not stand a chance. BAC has a vast array of food choices and all are delectable. I worked with Molly Irwin and she bent over backwards to work with me on pricing, on making my menu perfect, etc. The staff were professional and genuinely cared about my big day. People (me included) raved about my wedding day food, and it truly matters if your food is good or only okay, good food is 1/3 of a great party. I had shrimp and grits, the macaroni and cheese bar, and the garlic mashed potatoes with beef stations, and for dessert, I had krispy kreme pan fried donughts with a maker's mark sauce topped with vanilla ice cream and nuts. Don't tell me that doesn't sound fabulous. They also provided all my linen needs which was a huge plus. You cannot go wrong with this company, you will never be disappointed. Everything you eat, will be a good life choice.

Private User
Recently Married

Even though, as the bride, I didn't eat much...what I did eat was delicious. Friends and family raved about the food during the reception and after the event. I know we (my husband and I) enjoyed boxed up leftovers. I am a huge fan of the southern fried chicken!!!

Services Used: Catering

Oh Bold American. I tell everyone I know how splendid you are. Your chefs, your servers, your managers and teams... everyone is kind, genuine, helpful and a joy to work with. I always get so excited when clients or friends use your catering services because that means I get A WONDERFUL and tasty meal! I love how unique your menu items are. Shrimp and grits in a small cast iron pan!??! Absolutely! I love how they come up with the most delectable and special menu items for each couple they work with. Customized personal pies with ice cream?! No problem!!! They even have a staff member solely designated to serve the bride, groom and their parents. VIP service on your wedding day takes such a stress off of the happy couple and let's them focus on each other! I love how they take care of their customers!! If anyone can execute a seamless and yummy event... it is Bold American

Services Used: Catering

Really great food - catering is pricey but at the end of the day everyone seemed to enjoy the food.

Services Used: Catering

The wedding was WONDERFUL! The venue was stunning and the food amazing. Mia and her team did an outstanding job! So many of our guests RAVED about everything from the incredible, friendly service to the yummy food (the little potato appetizer seemed to be a favorite) and of course the beautiful venue. I heard over and over that this was truly the most beautiful, fun, creative, well put-together wedding they had ever attended! That says a lot for your team at King Plow and Bold American! Sue and Vickie - the VIP servers were great!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I worked with Mia for my reception at the Biltmore Ballrooms. Mia was GREAT! Very responsive, personable, and professional. Since the wedding, we have gotten so so many compliments from all the guests about how great the food was. I have received several comments saying "That was the best wedding meal I have ever eaten". Highly recommend using Bold American for food!

Ashlynn
05/17/2014

The process with Bold American was great from start to finish. They literally took care of every detail and not to mention the food was excellent. My wedding guests are still talking about how good the food was at my wedding months later. I highly recommend Nicki and the Bold Catering team, she was a pleasure to work with and very responsive to all my catering needs.

Services Used: Catering

WOW, YUM! Awesome service! Family and friends at our wedding were telling us all night (and in our guest book) that the food and service was fantastic! All staff we encountered were very friendly and professional (from the initial email contact form down to the day of... a span of about a year). Super responsive and quick on email replies from anything like what sides we could order, what drinks are served in the beer packages, to sending updated quotes with updated head counts... any question always answered thoroughly and quickly. The floral/decor department was also very easy to work with! The whole time I had diagrams, pictures, and notes on how the rooms would be set up and it was even prettier in person on the day of. I was blown away. They are so talented! So happy we decided to go with Bold! A friend who is a wedding photographer told us a few months before that she had photographed weddings where Bold was the caterer and said they were always on par... it was no different for our day. Very happy with Bold and would recommend to anyone!

Services Used: Catering

Bold was our caterer and our guests said it was the best food they have had at a wedding! The food was just as good as our tasting and we had a hard time narrowing down the menu since there were so many good choices. The first thing I commented on when I walked into the reception was how good the food smelled. Our guests loved our southern stations and I'm so glad we had Bold cater our wedding!

Services Used: Catering

AMAZING. I love Bold American Catering! Megan Wentz and Erin Moore could not have been more pleasant to work with. From the initial quotes and discussions, to the tastings, and ending with the night of- could not have been better. Their service was great and every detail I asked that they execute was done to perfection. And the food was every bit as amazing as I expected. Also, we were provided a VIP server to make sure that we had drinks and food throughout the night, including food to go for after the reception. Couldn't have been a better experience. Would highly recommend.

Services Used: Catering

Bold American Catering is the only way to go when planning your wedding or special event!! I am still getting calls, texts and messages about how unbelievable the food at our Oct. 12th wedding was! The options are endless and the staff is impeccable. Nicki Collins is a sweetheart and so much fun to work with! From the beginning, she helped us choose the menu most fitting for our large wedding at Puritan Mill and was so quick to respond to all of our questions. Our initial visit went flawlessly and we never even had to meet with another caterer before deciding that Bold was the perfect fit! We attended a tasting open to new clients at first to get an idea of what we wanted and then as we got closer, they planned a private tasting that was so much fun! There were so many options and types of food that we had some very hard decisions to make. Nicki arranged a sit down tasting for us where the head chef conversed with us and described all the items we had chosen for our menu. The food is simply amazing!!! That was one of the most fun things we got to do with our family during the planning process and my fiancé Kaleb was one happy guy when we left the tasting! They customized a menu for us based on our guest size, venue and style of the event and we couldn't be happier with how our choices turned out. And the best part...they sent us off with 2 huge bags of food!! Our guests raved about the food all night long and we were so very pleased with how everything was executed. I highly recommend Nicki and the Bold Catering team…if you want an event to remember, book Bold!!

Bianca
06/08/2013

Everyone at Bold American is extremely professional and easy to work with. People can't stop ranting and and raving about how delicious the food was at our reception. The scallops were a hit! Thanks to everyone who came together to make our day so special.