Boca Ciega Ballroom, St. Pete Beach Community Center

Boca Ciega Ballroom, St. Pete Beach Community Center

Tampa Bay's Best Kept Secret!!

7701 Boca Ciega Drive
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.5 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This location set the theme immediately! Blue skies, water front, tropical trees, reception on second floor overlooking the ocean and beautiful white buildings, there was dolphins that appeared at my wedding, simply AMAZING it all fit with my flamenco/tropical wedding. Stephanie was great to work with. She was always there to help me with any questions or concerns. Prices were sweet and very straight forward, no secrets. I also loved the fact that you don't have to have a licensed caterer or bartender. In my wedding I had a friend of a friend that took care of it, and wow did I save! I did however get caterers due to the amount of guest.

Brides, before booking your venue please check this place out, you don't want to regret later!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Stephanie is awesome and this venue is awesome! My husband and I didn't want a cookie cutter beach wedding or a hotel that pumps out 6/7 weddings per day. This venue allowed us to pick our vendors, decorate it any way we liked and the building is all yours! No mass weddings, no restrictions to design or caterers, you can truly make it your own! They set the bar high! The bay behind the the building is breathtaking! We fell in love with the spot immediately, it is a nice hidden gem in St Pete Beach!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding at the SPBRC and it was absolutely beautiful. We were lucky enough to have gorgeous weather despite it being June in Florida - and we received so many compliments from our guests on how gorgeous the location was and how much they enjoyed their experience. Apparently there were even dolphins jumping in the bay during our cocktail hour! It doesn't get much better than that :)

From my first tour of the venue, I knew I wanted to have our wedding there, The outdoor courtyard was spacious enough to accommodate our guests and overlooked the water (without having to deal with the sand!), and the view was spectacular from the cocktail hour and inside the ballroom as well. Once I confirmed with the groom, it was so easy to reserve my date, put down my deposit, and work with Stephanie throughout the process of planning our wedding. She was quick to respond to every email, and anytime I called, every staff member was pleasant, friendly, and quick to assist. Huge added bonuses included being able to choose my own vendors (which helped enormously with budget) and plenty of parking for all of our guests.

Everything was supplied for our wedding as requested, and all went off without a hitch! I have absolutely no complaints - everything related to the SPBRC was stress-free! What a gem!

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The best decision I could have ever made in my life. Scenery is beautiful of the water the whole building is yours for the best price!! I got so many compliments to my choice and Stephanie is the best of the best !!!
I would recommend everybody who is getting married to book this venue so worth it!!!

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The venue was great. The Boca Ciega room was fantastic. It had a great view of the water. and after the room was setup and decorated it was Beautiful. The staff was great to work with. The only problem we had was that the elevator broke while the vendors were setting up, but they had someone out there to fix it within 30 minutes. I would recommend this venue.

• Wedding: 05/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so glad we chose to have our wedding at the St. Pete Beach Community Center. This venue is gorgeous! Wrap around balcony and windows overlooking the water, nice ceremony space, and you get to work with the amazing staff. Stephanie was amazing to work with! She was quick to answer any question we had. She had amazing suggestions, that made our wedding just that much better. Although we had rain and tornado warnings the day of our wedding it couldn't have been better or more beautiful. My cousin even booked it as her wedding venue! I would recommend this venue to everyone!
Stephanie, I can't thank you enough for the amazing service you provided us with! We are so grateful we were able to meet and work with you. I can't wait to have more events there!
Stacey & Daevid

• Wedding: 04/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was a beautiful setting for an April late afternoon wedding. The staff was professional, courteous, and accommodating. We had a few changes in the set up of the ballroom once we started decorating the tables. Dan was very accommodating in making the small change.

We had plenty of room for our 100 guests, DJ, Photo booth, sweetheart table, cake table, gift table, beverage table, appetizer and food tables. The dance floor was large enough for everyone to dance.

With this venue sitting on the intercoastal waterway, the view is beautiful from all views, and you don't have to deal with the sand.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was such a beautiful location for a wedding. Their event staff are kind enough to set up all the tables and chairs for you ahead of time.

I always received responses to my emails and phone calls the same day. Thank you for making my wedding day wonderful!

• Wedding: 03/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with both Stephanie and Dana in planning for my wedding. Both girls are extremely helpful and sweet! I absolutely loved working with both of them!!! Highly recommend this venue and staff! It was PERFECT!!!

• Wedding: 01/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This venue was amazing for our November wedding! We wanted to have a waterside ceremony but not in the sand so we opted to the inter-coastal side and I could not be happier. This truly is a hidden gem. The views that you get from the water at night and even during the ceremony with the bridge in the background are very unique and give you a sense of truly being on the water. The staff at the center were helpful from start to finish and this venue is very affordable. You do have to bring in your own caterers and bartenders so this is a perfect venue for the DIY bride. I would highly recommend this venue to ANY bride :) I couldn't have picked a better venue for our wedding. It is very convenient to have the ceremony downstairs and then your reception right there upstairs. We had about 140 guests and we all fit comfortably! Perfect!!!

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From start to finish, the experience of renting the community center was great. I believe Stephanie is THE most "reachable" person. On task with every question, concern, ect., very professional, yet approachable. Day of wedding ceremony and reception all chairs in place for ceremony, all tables and chairs exactly placed as we asked for the reception, even the room temperature was perfect!!!! Facility VERY CLEAN. Only comments we and our guests had were positive! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!.

• Wedding: 09/27/2013
Tonya
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Pictures do not show how pretty this venue is. My wedding photos turned out amazing due to the awesome view and scenery. The wedding planner Stephanie is very professional and prompt. Wonderful experience working with her and could not have been happier!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
Jessica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I couldn't have asked for a better location to hold my wedding reception! The St. Pete Beach Community Center was perfect. We didn't want to spend a ton of money on renting a location when there were so many other expensive things we had to think about. I also wanted a really pretty location that I didn't have to spend a ton on decorating. We worked with Stephanie who was great! She answered all our questions and was always willing to let us come by to try out our tablecloths, or set up our centerpieces or test out our floor plan so we could get an idea of how everything would fit. I would definitely recommend this venue!

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nice venue. Get the beach theme without the sand.

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
Tameshia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with the staff at the St. Petersburg Beach Recreation center was very helpful. I did not have a planner and they helped me out tremendously with the many questions that I had. The day of the staff was amazing in helping to set up and clean up. The place is beautiful and all my guests were amazed by the setting of it all. I highly recommend getting married here! I'm so happy I did and couldn't imagine any where else in St. Pete that would compare.

• Wedding: 06/21/2013
Lauren
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The St. Pete Beach Community Center was the first venue my husband and I looked at to get married. We fell in love with the place immediately. We were expecting 150+ people at our wedding, in which we needed a large venue, easy access for disabled family members, and a place that offered an area for both the ceremony and the reception. The St. Pete Beach Community Center offered everything we needed. When we first booked the venue, we booked it with Kelly, but a few months later Stephanie DelMonte took over coordinating and she was excellent! We went to the venue several times to conjure ideas, and measure the upstairs patio. We measured all the railings, so for future brides the railings were a total of approximately 334 ft long. We had our dress rehearsal at the venue, and while we were rehearsing there were dolphins swimming in the bay. Which completely shocked our wedding party, and sold them on the place. The venue turned out absolutely beautiful with our colors in red, black, and white! I was really happy, though I wish we could have had our reception run later (because of city limits we had to be completely cleaned and out by 12:00 am), but I don't think I would have lasted that long anyways. For those brides who want a feel of the beach without the sand, this venue is perfect! I couldn't of asked for a better venue!

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
727-363-9245
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards