Blushing Bride

• Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Private User 1 Reviews
I would never recommend Blushing Bride to anyone. What they say about the customer service is completely and unfortunately 100% true. The owner is so rude it is jaw-dropping. The overall atmosphere is unfriendly, and when one of my bridesmaids was an hour late to her appointment she was actually yelled at by the owner. It was completely uncalled for and unprofessional. The owner made us feel so uncomfortable and actually used profanity, calling my MOH an ignorant b**** when she wanted to make a Sunday appointment and they had a disagreement on the phone. There is NEVER an excuse for that type of behavior. When you are in this business, you should always be warm and welcoming. The Blushing Bride is a sorry excuse for a bridal shop-- they are one B away from Better Business Bureau. Or maybe all the B's stand for how often they call their clients the B-word. Please save yourself the trouble and take your business elsewhere.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The dress I bought from Blushing Bride for my daughter's wedding was actually the second time I had bought a dress from there, having purchased one 7 years ago for my son's wedding. Both times their staff was so helpful and professional. Sandy went above and beyond for me by adding a few pearls to the dress to match my jewelry for my recent purchase. I have already recommended this shop to friends. - Sandy
Wedding: 08/24/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0

Anonymous 5 Reviews
I really enjoyed working with them on my dress. They were able to order my dress and have it custom fitted to meet my expectations! We also ordered our tuxes from there- it was nice to have the same place do both!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I would recommend Blushing Bride to anyone that is getting married. I went there just to look at dresses, because I wasn't 100% sure what I was looking for. When I went in the dressing room to start trying on dresses, I seen one hanging there and before i even put it on I new it was "the dress". Everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. I purchased my dress, the bridesmaids dresses, and we are getting the Tuxes from there. I am very happy with the service I have had everytime I have gone into Blushing Bride.
Wedding: 05/26/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Blushing Bride has the nicest people working for them. I have been there several time and they always have a smile on their face and really love putting brides in beautiful bridal gowns. I trust them to be the ones to order my bridal gown and take care of me from start to finish. They are truly the best and go above and beyond, which is rare to find these days. Most stores that I went to did not offer customer service and to find some one who is truly interested in the vision you have for your wedding is refreshing. Don't look anywhere else!
Wedding: 10/08/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I love the blushing bride. i think that some brides out there mistake the help for rudeness when infact they are just trying to help. I would like to ask each of these brides what infact was so rude about your visit specifically. I encounter these women who work there and they always know my name and i enjoy my experience there everytime I go in which is a lot because I trust them so much. I always drop in to ask regular wedding questions and ask their advice and they always have atleast a referral for me if not an answer. If you want to be treated well, you should go to the Blushing Bride and let them work with you instead of being so defensive and judgemental yourself
Wedding: 10/01/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My daughter got her wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses at Blushing Bride. Because I am short and round, I was going to have a dress made for me to fit me perfect. I had a hard time finding a dress I could afford with sleeves that didn't look like a grandma's dress. With 3 weeks left before the wedding, the person custom making my dress totally dropped the ball. At my first fitting, the dress was the wrong fabric, only similiar to what I had wanted and looked worse than a grandma of the bride dress. I called Sandy at BB in a panic. She had me come in and try on some samples, sold me a beautiful sample dress and is altering it to fit my body in time for my daughter's wedding. The ladies at BB are second to no one! They saved the day!!!
Wedding: 09/24/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After going to 6 bridal salons, this was the first one that actually brought me dresses within my budget. Every dress they brought was under the budget and stunning, which I was extremely thankful for!
They were very helpful and honest (not just trying to sell me the most expensive dress!).
I ended up buying my dress here! They recommended a great seamstress and gave me a new lace for the corset since mine was a little frayed.
We liked them so much that my mom came back and bought a mother-of-the-bride dress here too and they were very helpful to her as well.
Wedding: 01/08/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Overall I was very happy that I chose to purchase my wedding gown at Blushing Bride. Jamie was always super helpful and really spent a lot of time with me at each of my appointments. The only reason I didn't give a perfect score was because I was not 100% impressed with the seamstress's work. But overall I would recommend Blushing Bride. There was a nice selection of gowns and the prices were definitely fair.
Wedding: 12/31/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the moment I arrived at Blushing Bride until I picked up my gown from being preserved after the wedding was over. I was always treated with the utmost of respect and sincere genuine kindness. These ladies definately know how to make a bride feel special and took care of me, my 8 bridesmaids, 3 mothers, 2 flower girls and 19 tuxedo rentals with such ease. I knew that everyone would look wonderful and trusted them to do so. If I could do it all over again, I would a million times with these ladies. Exceptional Service Every Time!
Wedding: 10/02/2010
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
I'm the maid of honor in a girlfriend's wedding where there are three additional bride's maids. I received a call that my dress was ready & went to pick it up. Before getting the dress out of the plastic, I realized that the consultant had ordered the wrong dress. The owner was helping me, and I alerted her to the problem. Instead of apologizing & trying to remedy the situation, she blamed me for not double-checking the dress the consultant ordered (unfortunately I don't have their dress numbers memorized). Then she blamed the bride for having so many bride's maids (a total of 4) & ordering two dress styles. As the owner & I were having a cordial disagreement, her daughter interrupted & then yelled at me about the problem & my reluctance to accept it. I work in the industry and can honestly say that 1) if they can't handle ordering four dresses, they shouldn't be in it, and 2) an employee should never yell. I never raised my voice & didn't warrant that disrespect. Awful experience.
Blushing Bride responded with the following comments:
We tried to help Jessica in this situation, but can't sure that the error is ours like she claims. All of our paperwork says that we were to order a certain style bridesmaid dress for her (in 3 places as a matter of fact). It isn't that we can't order 4 different dresses, because we order many more varying styles, but the fact is that the bride had 2 girls, then a week later, another girl and then 2 weeks later another girl that we added to the list after the initial order was placed. The fact of the matter is that Jessica signed a contract for a special order to order the dress that was made for her and that our paperwork shows that we order the correct item. I tried as the manager and the other daughter of the owner to call the company and try to exhange the gown, they would not do so without another order which means forfeiting the deposit on the dress and placing a new order for the gown that she claims was to be ordered instead. This was not something that she wanted to do. Instead she came back in and paid for the remainder of her dress and took it as is.
Wedding: 04/03/2010
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had an amazing experience with Blushing Bride! It is an adorable bridal boutique with a large inventory of amazing dresses to accomodate a wide range of budgets. I felt no pressure from the consultant to purchase my gown, and the owner is always around to share her bridal expertise. Several shops in the St. Louis area carried my dress, and I chose to purchase from Blushing Bride because of the excellent customer service. I highly recommend Blushing Bride.
Wedding: 06/27/2009
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I had a great experience with my initial consultant. She was polite, patient and had a great eye for styles. She actually pulled the dress I wore in my wedding off the rack after only seeing a few that were close to what I wanted but not exact. The rest of the staff was always friendly and ready to help as well. My only negative experience which made me seriously consider buying my dress elsewhere was the behavior of the owner. She was quite rude to myself and my guests the first day we were in there trying on gowns. I figured she was having a bad day but when we returned for my second try on as well as at my measuring and pick up appointments, she was just as rude. I felt bad for my consultant because she felt the need to appologize for the owners behavior multiple times. She had to be possible the most unpleasant woman to work with and I am in a profession where unpleasant people are not hard to come by. I would have purchased somewhere else but my consultant was so wonderful I did not want to do that to her. I would recommend the shop if you can stear clear of the owner.
Blushing Bride responded with the following comments:
would like to say that everyone has bad days, but we weren't at the time. The bride came in for her appointment late and didn't want to leave the store with her group and continued wanting to try on bridal gown for more than 30 minutes after closing and everyone who was working that day was on overtime. Brides need to realize that we have families to go home to as well and when we are late it puts a kink in our plans. It isn't about being in a bad mood, it's about common human decency, when we tell a customer we are closing the store 4 different times and they are still refusing the wrap things up, we tend to get a little cranky.
Wedding: 04/25/2009
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had a very good experience purchasing my wedding dress from Blushing Bride. The store has actually moved to a larger, new space in O'Fallon, Illinois and the new store is very nice. There are large dressing areas and mirrors and seats for your admirers! The service was also excellent and the staff is very knowledgeable about what kind of dresses look good on different body shapes, skins colors, ect. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.
Wedding: 10/11/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had an overall very good experience. I got a dress at a sample sale for a discounted price. My mother-in-law and I went on a Monday afternoon and we had the place to ourselves.
Wedding: 08/30/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I found THE dress at this shop, and went back several times to try it on so thati could be sure. They were nice and friendly and honest. I would recommend this shop! the staff are accomondating and the store is amazing.
Wedding: 05/03/2008
 618-257-7600
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire