Blue Sky Films

Value
Flexibility
Recently Married
0.2

I booked Blue Sky films for my January wedding after reading their stellar reviews and seeing their spectacular example videos. They were responsive and attentive, showed up on time the day of, and the two videographers were unobtrusive and professional.

Then it all went downhill. I was told it would take some time and to expect to wait 5 months for the finished product. This seemed like a long time, but you can't rush quality, so I let it go. Sometime between my January wedding and now, their office closed. I never received an communication from then until I checked in mid-June. I was told that due to "personell changes" there had been some delay in my processing. Despite repeated requests, I have still not been given an ETA as to when I will receive my video. I was promised my raw footage more than a month ago, and have received nothing.

There is never any answer on their phone, and when I stopped by their offices, it is in shambles and clearly no longer operational. After some back and forth, they have now simply stopped responding to my emails or phone calls. I am left out the $2800 I paid them, with no video, and, more importantly, no way of getting the footage for my special day. I am so upset, and I have no choice but to pursue legal action. I am heartbroken.

11/22/2014

Erin and Dia were great to work with! They were down to earth and put as right at ease the moment they arrived. Even before the wedding, Erin was great, taking the time to call me to get an idea for the flow the day of and answering any questions that I had. I didn't want any day of surprises.

We never had to re-shoot scenes, we wanted everything to be natural. They weren't obtrusive during the ceremony or reception and once everything got started, I didn't even realize they were there, which is exactly what I wanted.

I would highly recommend Blue Sky Films!

Emily
1 Review
09/20/2014
0.0

A word of caution to brides: DO NOT HIRE BLUE SKY FILMS!!!!! I signed a contract for them for my September 2014 wedding. After the wedding, my videographer (Dia Hancock) told me there was a 4-6 month wait for the video. In March, I was told it would be ready in April. In April, I was told May. In May, I was told that I was "next in the queue." When I tried to follow up last week, I got a bounce back email from Dia. I figured she left the company so I called the main phone number. The phone rang and rang and rang. I couldn't leave a voicemail for anyone because the mailboxes were full. I tried emailing every address I had for them. Nothing. I went to find their Facebook page. It's deleted. I went to their offices and there's a sign on the door prompting people to call David (the brother of the owner, Martin Andrews). I've called and emailed him and got zero response. A man who shares office space with Blue Sky told me they are in the process of moving out and has no way to get in touch with them. He showed me a room where they were storing their equipment. It looked like a scene from "Hoarders" - boxes filled with equipment haphazardly strewn about and tangles of wires. I have no idea if the videos are underneath the pile of mess. And I have no idea if my footage still exists, or if it's lost or damaged. I never expected to be in this situation given that I thought Blue Sky was a reputable company. They got amazing reviews on WeddingWire when I booked them. It's as if they completely disappeared - with 75% of their fee! I know I'm not alone; the man at the office told me he gets about 6-10 angry women a week looking for Blue Sky. I spoke to another client who got married in March 2014 and they STILL don't have their video, either. At this point, I am just desperate to get my raw footage. I just want my memories. I want to watch my dad's speech and be able to see me reciting my vows to my husband. I have no idea if I'll ever see that again.

Angela
06/14/2014

I can't say enough about Erin from Blue Sky Film, she was AMAZING. She climbed over fences, dodged cow s**t, and laid in wet grass to get the most amazing shots. She was so sweet and accommodating. She also worked amazingly with our photographer, she even offered the light off her camera so that we could get one last night shot. They are the best...totally worth any price!

1 Review
1+ year ago

Words cannot express how pleased I am with the overall service of Blue Sky Films. My extended Highlight Film was FABULOUS, and my family and friends cannot stop talking about it. It was so creative and it really captured my entire wedding. I loved how the video told a story.

Thank you so much Erin for providing me and my family with an awesome quality of service. You have given us a lifetime of memories. YOU ROCK!!!!!

Services Used: Videography

When I first started looking for wedding videographers I knew the type of video I wanted. When I saw samples of Blue Sky Films's other weddings I cried. Picking Blue Sky Film to do my video was the easiest decision I made the entire wedding planning process. Alex met with my mom and I first and he was sweet and sincere and made me feel comfortable picking Blue Sky Film. Tonya was our primary videographer and video editor. She took time to meet with us right before the wedding to get an idea of who were are to better understand what we wanted out of a video. I just clicked with Blue Sky Films so easily and it showed in the video. My wedding video is phenomenal. I cry every time I watch it and it really depicts the dream wedding I had been planning my entire life. I cannot thank Tonya, Alex, and Blue Sky Film enough for giving me the gift they gave me. Thank you.

Ilene
11/30/2013

The videographers were Tonya & Dia for the wedding. Although we don't have the finished video yet I must comment on their work. They were on the ball the whole night capturing all the highlights of the wedding. My daughter informed me that upon Tonya's arrival she saw the couple doing their "First Look". She dropped everything on the ground, picked up her camera, & started shooting. She wasn't even on the clock yet! She rated high in my books for that alone! Would highly recommend!

Services Used: Videography

I can't say enough great things about Blue Sky Films. We are so happy we made the decision to have them film our wedding. From the beginning Samantha and the team were patient with us as we decided which coverage and end product would be best for us, and they were flexible on cost which is hard to find in the wedding industry. Erin and Jackson were prompt and so friendly on the day. It was a joy to have them with us. And in the end Erin creatively put together the most amazing director's cut! I get giddy all over again when I watch it. She really captured the emotion of the day and it's so fun to be able to relive it over and over again. Thank you so much!!

Services Used: Videography

By far the most professional, patient, understanding, and responsive vendor on the market. Not only were they supportive of every neurotic request of an eager young couple, they accommodated a wild bridal party, crazy family members, and the herd of kids as if they were simply a part of the family, all while capturing our most memorable moments on film. If anyone is looking for videography services for their wedding day, this is their first and last choice. Their finished product far exceeded our expectations!!

Veronica
08/31/2013
4.1

Our videographer was a bit abrasive when it came to how she wanted us to act for the video; I understand that she wanted her shot to make us a great video, but she wanted a lot of staged shots from my groom and I. A bit expensive, I'm not sure their product will be worth the amount of money we paid for them (We were told we won't see our video for SIX months after the wedding... still waiting).

4.7

We had the most fantastic experience with Blue Sky Films. Our videographer, Tonya, was really out of the way and never obtrusive. She got some really fantastic shots and our highlight reel made me want to cry- it was that beautiful. She was really great about staying in touch with me re: music choices to make sure she got the most footage in and that it went well with the song picks. I would, without a doubt, recommend her and blue sky films to any couple getting married.

Services Used: Videography

Julie, with Blue Sky Films, did the videography for my daughter's wedding. The planning stage was easy, with Julie responding promptly to our emails and questions. Julie captured all of the important wedding moments, seeming to be everywhere at once! We were sent a wonderful highlight video, in a timely manner, followed by an excellent full-length version. Their prices are reasonable, too. We highly recommend Julie and Blue Sky for weddings and other events. Their work is excellent!

Services Used: Videography

I have seen many wedding films and no one has come close to the talent of Blue Sky. They are meticulous and detailed oriented. They truly understand how special that day was to you and capture it perfectly. They think of things you couldn't have imagined. I can't say enough great things about this group of people. Thank you again Blue Sky!

Services Used: Videography

Rebecca and I had an amazing, magical wedding day! It was beyond words...I can't thank Tonya and her team enough for capturing those memories in such a beautiful, intentional way. Every time we watch our video we are taken back to that magical day and those magical feelings. We are sure to watch it over and over for years to come!

Services Used: Videography

THANK YOU so much for an amazing video that captured our wedding day perfectly. We are so happy with it and would definitely use blue sky again. The quality is amazing and everyone has been so nice to work with. Very responsive and professional. Thanks again, Blue Sky!

Services Used: Videography

Blue Sky Films is worth every penny!

A wedding means you will shell out a ton of money for subpar service to a host of indifferent vendors and with most people not having a 50K + budget you may think a videographer is not worth one more cost on your already tight budget -- wrong. If you go with Blue Sky Films it's the best choice. Their works speaks for itself already if you look at any of the amazing videos you see on their website. What you can't see on a website is how amazing they are to work with too. I had plenty of vendors the day of the wedding that I had to babysit and disappointed me. Blue Sky's filmmakers - Tonya and Samantha - were both calm, on top of it and a pleasure to have around on my big day. You might think this is a given, but it's not always, especially with wedding service providers who just crank it out like a production line and all you get the day of is a TV dinner that looks vaguely like the meal you tried 3 months ago with pristine appearance.

From working on a contract with Alex, to meeting with Tonya before the wedding and the day of with Tonya and Samantha, I have been nothing but impressed and pleased with my decision. If you can swing it, swing it, your guest don't need a champagne glass with your names on it or another pack of "mint-to-be," save your $$ and get a top-notch video to remember the best day of your life. And while you're at it, do it right and get Blue Sky Films already!