Blue Nile
Education, Guidance, Diamonds & Fine Jewelry
Jewelry: Custom Accessories, Custom Engagement Rings, Custom...

Profile   Reviews (754)   FAQ

• Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
My fiancee bought my ring from Blue Nile. I didn't like the quality of the stone so I asked him to exchange it. Well they gave us such a hard time with the exchange when they got the stone back that it left a bad taste in my mouth and I ended up using James Allan instead. They have pics of the diamonds online and everything. Also, they have much better customer service than Blue Nile had. If you are going to use Blue Nile be very very careful and make sure you know about diamonds because my fiancee didn't.

Private User 1 Reviews
I am sooo happy with my engagement ring my fiancé purchased from Blue Nile. He is not a shopper so I did all the research, picked out the ring I wanted and he ordered it. We got it through FedEx today, the day they said it would come. I ordered a .52 carat H SI2 princess cut diamond with the tapered cathedral setting. It is absolutely perfect. I was very nervous ordering online and not seeing the ring in person. I picked out a similar ring from zales, but I am so glad we went with Blue Nile! My fiancé saved almost $1,000 on this ring, and the diamond from Blue Nile is better quality than the one from Zales. Win-Win situation. The ring fits perfectly and looks colorless and flawless. I couldn't be happier. Thank you Blue Nile!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My Fiance got my engagement ring from Blue Nile. He used a family diamond so he purchased the setting only. They made the process extremely easy for him, and it came in 2 days. The ring is absolutely gorgeous and of very high quality. We plan on purchasing the matching wedding band from Blue Nile as we are very pleased with their quality and service.
Wedding: 05/29/2015
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have had such a great experience with Blue Nile. The quality of the diamond is close to PERFECT and that goes for the customer service as well. I have dealt with the customer service a couple of times and every time I called, i received consistent answers and great service. I will definitely be ordering my wedding ring from Blue Nile when the time comes. I would highly recommend this company for 5 star service, responsiveness, professionalism, value, and flexibility. Thank you Blue Nile
Wedding: 05/15/2015
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My ring was everything I could of dreamed and more. Blue nile were very accommodating when I had to send back for resizing. They are so quick to respond to emails. Their products are exceptional.
Wedding: 09/27/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Barbara 4 Reviews
My fiancee purchased my engagement ring from Blue Nile and it is beautiful! He was able to get a higher quality diamond here than elsewhere for the same price.

In addition, they offer free ring resizing in the first year. I had my ring resized twice-- the first time was incredibly easy to arrange by email and I had my ring back within a week. The second time I did not receive a response to my email, so I did end up calling to arrange the resize that way. It took a little over two weeks to get my ring back the second time. Each time the ring looked like new and it now fits perfectly.
Wedding: 09/13/2014
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
I had the worst experience ever on Blue Nile and I still don't have an engagement ring for my fiancee. They have the worst product. I think that they get the bottom of the barrel diamonds from dealers and the customer service was horrific. I returned 4 diamonds and then gave up because they were all "problemed" stones. I've been waiting months and months to get my money back so I can purchase another diamond for my fiancee. All I can say is stay away. Run Run Run the other way. I was so excited in the beginning to get my engagement ring from Blue Nile, too.

KatieInKW 2 Reviews
I absolutely love my engagement ring from Blue Nile. It's insanely sparkly. I get compliments on it almost daily. My fiance said they were great to work with and ordering was a breeze. I've recommended them to many people.
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When I was shopping for the ring the prices for brick and mortar shops and online retailers was so different I decided to give the online thing a go. Mostly compared James Allen and Blue Nile as those were the two sites that seemed to have the most reviews and info available. Both businesses had excellent customer service responding to my multiple emails on the same day and my calls were always handled professionally, provided the information I wanted, and I felt treated me like a valued customer. I admit I liked James Allen's site better as there's pictures of the actual diamond, while the best I could find for Blue Nile's was the pictures included on the GIA certificates. In the end I went Blue Nile as I needed a custom size ring that James Allen couldn't provide and didn't feel like ordering the ring and diamond from different vendors. I was expecting to pay a little extra for the ring to be custom sized, but they did it free of charge which I appreciated. I ordered on a Monday, the ring shipped on Friday and I had the package in my hands the following Monday. I have read that some people don't like the packaging Blue Nile ships with, but in this case I really don't mind. It came as a nondescript UPS package with no vendor label anywhere on the outside packaging. (Pretty useful as my fiancee had to sign for the package). The ring itself looks amazing, probably better than what the sample pictures show in my opinion. The diamond is perfect and exactly what I was expecting after viewing so many in store. I admit I was extremely anxious about paying so much for a ring sight unseen, but the whole process was extremely easy, customer service fantastic, and the product exceeded my expectations. I would order from Blue Nile again in a heartbeat.
Wedding: 01/25/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I absolutely love Blue Nile. My fiancé purchased my engagement ring from there, and I am in love with it. The customer service is out of this world amazing and very knowledgeable. We're purchasing our wedding bands from Blue Nile and love that all the rings can be engraved.
Wedding: 01/18/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I love my engagement ring and we will be purchasing our wedding bands here as well! Great selections, prices and customer service!
Wedding: 12/21/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
I've purchased 2 signature ideals from Blue Nile this week and have the first one in-hand. It came next day delivery. I was a bit nervous to be buying an expensive product sight unseen, but when the first ring arrived I was thrilled. The quality was far superior to anything I had seen locally and the price was excellent.
I loved the amount of sparkle, but then I thought... if it looks this beautiful, a larger stone would be even more fantastic. So I decided to go up in size.

After seeing how "it all works" at Blue Nile I have complete confidence that this second stone is going to be fantastic.

I think you must take the time to educated yourself about cuts, then really look at the 4C's and the % details in descriptions of the diamonds you are considering. You will know exactly what you are getting.
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  2.0
They sent us a stone that was set poorly and we return it. That was a month ago and still no credit to our credit card.
Found much better quality at James Allen and better prices too.
Wedding: 12/15/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Love, love, love my gorgeous Monique Lhuillier engagement ring! My fiance started his research early and made sure he understood everything about diamonds (huge THANK YOU to L Hancock at onlinediamondbuyingadvice.com!), so he was very confident in his diamond choice and purchase. It took about 7 weeks for the ML ring to be made to order, but it was worth the wait. Now we are getting married at the end of the month and I cannot wait to show off my engagement ring and band. Blue Nile's service is amazing and quality is awesome. Would definitely recommend.
Wedding: 11/30/2013
1.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  0.5
On the morning of 12/5/2012 I ordered a ring. A few hours later I called Blue Nile to cancel the order. I was told the payment would be immediately cancelled. Around 8pm on 12/5/2012 I received a shipping notice that my ring had shipped! I thought maybe it was just a computer glitch and didn't call immediately. On 12/6/2012 I received another email indicating my order had been delivered... There was no delivery at my home. On 12/7/2012 i checked my bank account and saw the charge for the ring. I immediately called Blue Nile and they told me my payment couldn't be "refunded" for up to a week even though I had called in to CANCEL the order and never actually received anything to return for a refund! It is now 6 days later and I am still out a LOT of money from Blue Nile. They said the shipping label was created 2 minutes before I called in to cancel the order which is why they are processing as a return. Regardless of their technology issues, I the customer should have never been charged for a ring that in fact never shipped and that I NEVER received.

Blue Nile is on the verge of ruining my 12/12/12 engagement plans. Thanks for nothing!
Wedding: 11/12/2013

Anonymous 10 Reviews
I love my engagement ring from Blue Nile! I had gone to several jewelry stores, and couldn't find the ring that I wanted, and then there it was on Blue Nile. I didn't have any trouble picking my ring out online, and could not have been more please with the result. Their return policy makes buying from them online risk free, and their prices were competitive with, or better than, most of the jewelers that we visited in person. If we can find the wedding bands we want on Blue Nile, we will order them there as well.
 800-242-2728
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire