Blue Nile

Flexibility
4.7
Jennifer
03/18/2017

I was anxious about buying my ring online, but now I am so glad that we did. It is perfect, the service was impeccable and we got a great deal! There is no way we could have gotten something so nice without Blue Nile and we will DEFINITELY be going back for our wedding bands!

[Private]

I spent a lot of time searching for an engagement ring for my girlfriend. After going to various local stores (Zales, Jared, Diamonds Direct, etc) I was discouraged as I wasn't enamored with what I was finding. I jumped online because I had seen several facebook mentions of the store, so I decided to go to their site. You can pick out diamonds based on cut, color, clarity, etc. You can also select a setting and in many cases the metal for the setting. I selected a .50k ideal cut H color IF diamond and had it set in a white gold pave setting with an additional 1/4k in diamonds set into the band. It is freaking beautiful. I am so excited to propose it isn't funny. Initially I had ordered something different and wanted to cancel and redo my order. I emailed late at night, then called. I got in touch with an awesome rep and she handled the issue immediately. I also had someone email me to confirm the changes. Very professional set up and very simple and easy experience.

In terms of value, I'm amazed. I easily saved $800 comparative to other vendors, maybe more. The setting was on a special sale ($600 less than it usually listed for, though this had no bearing on my decision; it was literally the perfect setting for her) and the diamond was less expensive than many other places, not to mention I got to pick and choose and select the one with ideal percentages and such. When I looked at other internet retailers, I was literally shocked because the same or similar settings were $400-$500 more expensive than the original list price.

Services Used: Jewelry

We are absolutely pleased with Blue Nile! We'd heard great things previously, and when my fiance proposed with a Blue Nile ring, I was over the moon. I probably shouldn't be allowed to drive with it on my finger, because I'm a safety hazard from staring at it! :P They made it so easy to get insured, and I was very impressed with the paperwork that came with the ring and the honesty they had with the quality of the ring as well. We will be using Blue Nile for our wedding jewelry, as well.

0.6

Blue Nile falsely advertises their diamonds. They sent us an email (after we paid for the diamond) that the diamond is available for a considerably higher price and sent us alternative diamonds that cost way more than what we paid. We even spoke to a sales representative before making the purchase. So now we have paid them several thousands of dollars only to be told BY EMAIL that we would have to pay more for the diamond.

MrsBest2B
06/18/2016

My FH got my engagement ring here and he claims he got a great deal and the service was great. However, I think their sizes run a bit small. When my then boyfriend/now fiance asked me to get my ring finger sized, I was told by a local jeweler that I was a 6.5 so that's what he ordered. It was so tight that we had to send it back and get a 7. Then while trying on wedding rings locally with another jeweler (not where I originally had my finger sized), all of their 6.5 rings fit perfectly so I think BN sizes run small. The turnaround for the new ring went great and I had the ring back in 10 days with excellent service.

Also, while my fiance felt the quality and price was better than where he shopped, I went to a local jeweler to look at wedding rings and I felt their prices were actually better and will likely be purchasing my wedding ring from them.

Emma
06/11/2016

Blue Nile made my decision easy.
In terms of value, professionalism, and flexibility on payment, no one is better.
I can not say enough good things about my experience with them over the phone.
Blue Nile is hands down the best customer service experience of my life.
I was able to apply for their 12 months interest free credit card while they reserved my selected diamond for 72 hours. I ordered a 3.75 ring size which ended up being too big and the process of sending it back for a resize to 3.5 was totally painless.
My fiancé absolutely loves her engagement ring! She says "it's perfect" constantly.
Of course we will also be getting the matching wedding band very soon.

[Private]

Extremely helpful sales staff, especially considering there is no store front. Items arrived promptly and perfectly packaged in discreet packaging. We will be shopping with Blue Nile for our wedding bands and most future jewelry!

[Private]

I was a little hesitant to buy from an online store, especially one from overseas however Blue Nile were great with the customer service and manufacturing times (it took them 10 days to make where as here in Australia everywhere would take up to 6 weeks!). They were also a lot cheaper than the stores here, and the ring has been valued at twice the price I paid.
I love that you can choose your diamond then your setting to make your own ring.

Services Used: Jewelry

The quality of this ring is amazing!!! So glad my fiancé reached out to Blue Nile. I love their merchandise. Can't wait to marry him. :)

[Private]

My fiancé bought my engagement ring through Blue Nile and had a wonderful experience. And the ring is beautiful! We will definitely be getting our wedding bands through them.

Services Used: Jewelry

Amazing!! Simply stunning! Forget the token "Blue box" and go to Blue Nile! Seriously, my ring is fabulous! Don't worry about it being on the internet either, they are very professional and honest.

Recently Married

My future hubby searched high and low and loved picking out the exact diamond I would be getting. He also felt like it was an extreme value at the end of the sale. We also bought the matching wedding band and it was so easy- they send along a card with the matching band serial number

Recently Married

My Fiance chose my ring from the vintage collection at Blue Nile and I could not have asked for a more beautiful ring. It is dainty, elegant, and timeless. The diamond is breathtaking. It is so clear and sparkles like I have never seen. The engraving down the sides are beautiful and the reason we chose to go with the matching wedding band with inset diamonds. I cannot wait for the matching band and I am so excited to wear these rings. I am also choosing to go with Blue Nile to purchase his ring because their prices and quality are so great. So glad my Fiance found this place!

Services Used: Jewelry

I needed the ring to be sent overnight but forgot to check the box. After I submitted my order, I called customer service and asked them to change it. The lady was having problems with her computer and had to put me on hold a couple times. She felt so bad that we waived the upgraded shipping charge. The jewelry is absolutely stunning. I love my ring!!!

Recently Married

We loved my engagement ring and the experience Blue Nile allowed us to have. They were flexible and willing to let us order a custom size wedding band to match my engagement ring. Over all great quality and experience!

Services Used: Jewelry

I love my Blue Nile engagement ring and will be using them for the wedding bands. The bad things is having to pay $75 for shipping to have the ring re-sized.