Blue Nile

Blue Nile

Education, Guidance, Diamonds & Fine Jewelry

Jewelry: Custom Accessories, Custom Engagement Rings, Custom ...

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was anxious about buying my ring online, but now I am so glad that we did. It is perfect, the service was impeccable and we got a great deal! There is no way we could have gotten something so nice without Blue Nile and we will DEFINITELY be going back for our wedding bands!

• Wedding: 03/18/2017
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are absolutely pleased with Blue Nile! We'd heard great things previously, and when my fiance proposed with a Blue Nile ring, I was over the moon. I probably shouldn't be allowed to drive with it on my finger, because I'm a safety hazard from staring at it! :P They made it so easy to get insured, and I was very impressed with the paperwork that came with the ring and the honesty they had with the quality of the ring as well. We will be using Blue Nile for our wedding jewelry, as well.

• Wedding: 09/10/2016
0.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

Blue Nile falsely advertises their diamonds. They sent us an email (after we paid for the diamond) that the diamond is available for a considerably higher price and sent us alternative diamonds that cost way more than what we paid. We even spoke to a sales representative before making the purchase. So now we have paid them several thousands of dollars only to be told BY EMAIL that we would have to pay more for the diamond.

• Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My FH got my engagement ring here and he claims he got a great deal and the service was great. However, I think their sizes run a bit small. When my then boyfriend/now fiance asked me to get my ring finger sized, I was told by a local jeweler that I was a 6.5 so that's what he ordered. It was so tight that we had to send it back and get a 7. Then while trying on wedding rings locally with another jeweler (not where I originally had my finger sized), all of their 6.5 rings fit perfectly so I think BN sizes run small. The turnaround for the new ring went great and I had the ring back in 10 days with excellent service.

Also, while my fiance felt the quality and price was better than where he shopped, I went to a local jeweler to look at wedding rings and I felt their prices were actually better and will likely be purchasing my wedding ring from them.

• Wedding: 06/18/2016
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Blue Nile made my decision easy. In terms of value, professionalism, and flexibility on payment, no one is better. I can not say enough good things about my experience with them over the phone. Blue Nile is hands down the best customer service experience of my life. I was able to apply for their 12 months interest free credit card while they reserved my selected diamond for 72 hours. I ordered a 3.75 ring size which ended up being too big and the process of sending it back for a resize to 3.5 was totally painless. My fiancé absolutely loves her engagement ring! She says "it's perfect" constantly. Of course we will also be getting the matching wedding band very soon.

• Wedding: 06/11/2016
Emma
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Extremely helpful sales staff, especially considering there is no store front. Items arrived promptly and perfectly packaged in discreet packaging. We will be shopping with Blue Nile for our wedding bands and most future jewelry!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I was a little hesitant to buy from an online store, especially one from overseas however Blue Nile were great with the customer service and manufacturing times (it took them 10 days to make where as here in Australia everywhere would take up to 6 weeks!). They were also a lot cheaper than the stores here, and the ring has been valued at twice the price I paid. I love that you can choose your diamond then your setting to make your own ring.

• Flexibility: 4.5

The quality of this ring is amazing!!! So glad my fiancé reached out to Blue Nile. I love their merchandise. Can't wait to marry him. :)

• Flexibility: 5.0

My fiancé bought my engagement ring through Blue Nile and had a wonderful experience. And the ring is beautiful! We will definitely be getting our wedding bands through them.

• Flexibility: 4.5

I love my Blue Nile engagement ring and will be using them for the wedding bands. The bad things is having to pay $75 for shipping to have the ring re-sized.

• Wedding: 07/25/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My engagement ring is gorgeous and I can't wait for my wedding band to arrive. I'm so in love with my set and my FH sas he had a great experience working with them. He was able to create a custom engagement ring setting for me that is absolutely stunning. I'm so happy!!!

• Wedding: 07/18/2015
Chrissy
0.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

My fiancee bought my ring from Blue Nile. I didn't like the quality of the stone so I asked him to exchange it. Well they gave us such a hard time with the exchange when they got the stone back that it left a bad taste in my mouth and I ended up using James Allan instead. They have pics of the diamonds online and everything. Also, they have much better customer service than Blue Nile had. If you are going to use Blue Nile be very very careful and make sure you know about diamonds because my fiancee didn't.

Anonymous
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Quality of their product has gone downhill. I have had 2 settings fracture. The first after only year, with several stones falling out and being repaired over a 6 month period. BN decided that the ring was defective and helped me pick out a more "durable" setting. Stone fell out of the new setting after 6 months, and 3 weeks after that repair, the ring broke in half. Was told that I must be doing something wrong. I have a desk job and don't do manual labor, don't wear the ring while cleaning or at the gym. They agreed to give me a partial refund on the setting, minus a 20% restocking fee. Check reviews....a lot of others have had problems with rings fracturing.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I absolutely LOVE my engagement ring from Blue Nile. It was so much more affordable than going to a local/chain jeweler...we got so much more for our money! Could not be happier! :)

sckyle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am sooo happy with my engagement ring my fiancé purchased from Blue Nile. He is not a shopper so I did all the research, picked out the ring I wanted and he ordered it. We got it through FedEx today, the day they said it would come. I ordered a .52 carat H SI2 princess cut diamond with the tapered cathedral setting. It is absolutely perfect. I was very nervous ordering online and not seeing the ring in person. I picked out a similar ring from zales, but I am so glad we went with Blue Nile! My fiancé saved almost $1,000 on this ring, and the diamond from Blue Nile is better quality than the one from Zales. Win-Win situation. The ring fits perfectly and looks colorless and flawless. I couldn't be happier. Thank you Blue Nile!

• Flexibility: 5.0

My fiance bought my engagement ring from Blue Nile and had a great experience! He changed settings 3 times in the process and they did not put up a fuss at all! They were super helpful in helping him select what he was looking for, as well as providing great quality!

• Wedding: 05/30/2015