Blooms By The Box

Value
Flexibility
1 Review
Recently Married

This is the best way to get wedding flowers, especially if you're on a budget!!! They were fresh, lasted for ever and even though they couldn't get one type of flower I wanted, they got me a nicer alternative for the same price! The flowers shipped overnight and included detailed instructions so that even if you know nothing about floral care you'll be set! I will use them for other events and can't say enough nice things.

Services Used: Flowers

Flowers were perfect! Delivered on time and in great condition. Very convenient and at an awesome price!

Services Used: Flowers

If you are doing your own flowers, Blooms By The Box is definitely the way to go. I price shopped several wholesale flower sites and this one was by far the most affordable. And all of the flowers I ordered were very well packaged and look great by the time they were able to sit and rehydrate for a few hours.

Recently Married

I was very happy with my decision to go with bloomsbythebox.com for wedding flowers. The prices were great, and they were very responsive whenever I had a question.

Services Used: Flowers

Blooms By the Box was perfect for what I wanted. I ordered a purple wildflower pack to make small table arrangements (to accompany a lantern for the centerpiece) and bouquets for myself and my bridesmaids. The pack made it easy to select the assortment and they were delivered right on time. My matron of honor and I were able to do the arrangements in an afternoon and they came out beautifully. It was a great way to save money and still achieve the look I envisioned.

Services Used: Flowers

I've arranged flowers in the past for other events I've planned, so doing flower arrangements for my wedding was no big deal. However, the city that I live in has a wonderful wholesale flower market-- the town I got married in did not. Instead, I opted to order flowers online. I preferred Blooms by the Box to other vendors because I could order flowers in smaller (~10 stem) amounts as opposed to 100s of stems at a time as offered on other wholesale flower sites... meaning I could get a bunch of different textures and colors for my arrangements.

I ordered flowers from Blooms by the Box, with a delivery date set for the Wednesday before my wedding. I ordered 11 bunches of orange spray roses,10 stems white football mums, 1 bunch goldenrod, 1 bunch peach hypercium berries, and 1 bunch monte casino aster. I collected green filler from my in-laws' yard. This, along with a separate order of 10 hops flowers (Black Creek Hops on Etsy) and 5 king protea (WholesaleTropicalFlowers.com) was enough for 10 hops Boutonnière, 3 corsages, 2 bridesmaid bouquets, bridal bouquet, 16 centerpieces (roses only), and another ~10 arrangements for the bar/gift table/other tables.

The flower bunches arrived wrapped in plastic sheaths. The more delicate flowers (mums) were wrapped in netting. The entire order was in a freezer bag with ice packs. Although they claim the flowers look "sleepy', they arrived pretty healthy looking to me :) I put them into buckets with water along with the plant food they sent along. By the next day, the flowers had started to open up. They were completely open by Friday/Saturday... perfect for my Saturday wedding! I could not be happier about how the flowers for my wedding turned out! The entire order ended up being ~$300 with shipping. With my other two orders (hops and king protea), I ended up spending ~$430 on flowers for my entire wedding! :)

Services Used: Flowers

The flowers that we ordered from Blooms By The Box were fantastic! If you are up to the challenge of arranging your own flowers (or have friends/family willing to volunteer) This company is a GREAT way to save money and still get incredible results!

Services Used: Flowers

Choosing Blooms by the Box as our wholesale florist was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We knew from the beginning that we wanted to arrange our own flowers, and we went with Blooms based on their reviews and customer service. We made 8 bouquets, 10 boutonnières, and about 20 small table centrepieces. We did this for about $600 and had a large amount of flowers leftover. My biggest concern was how they would arrive but they were nicely wrapped, very healthy, and they arrived on time. It is important to know that arranging flowers does take time and organization, but if you have family and friends willing to help, it can be a lot of fun. I watched several videos on their website beforehand and did a dry run at home with locally bought flowers and supplies. Then my bridesmaids, fiance and I arranged during a brunch on the porch the morning of the rehearsal dinner. I cannot recommend it more. Afterwards, we didn't need to bring all of the arrangements home, so we ended up leaving them for people in the neighborhood around our venue and met a lot of sweet people that way. If you aware of the time and preparation necessary before arranging your flowers, all will be great. This is a trustworthy company.

Kristi
10/19/2013

I have to admit, I was hesitant to use an online service to order my wedding flowers from, but I took a chance and couldn’t have been happier with the flowers that I got from Blooms by the Box. They were packaged very carefully (with cold packs included to keep everything fresh during shipping ) and arrived right on time. I ordered a variety of yellow and white wildflowers and fillers (mostly daisies, mums, alstromeria and goldenrod), as well as one of the wedding DIY supply kits (with flower food, tape, scissors, pins, etc.). DIY flowers ARE a bit of work, but not bad if you have plenty of help (luckily I have friends who are very good at this sort of thing). Also, the info and tutorials on the Blooms by the Box website are SO helpful. If you follow the instructions and prep the flowers as directed a day or so before the event, they’ll open up a bit more and look great by the time you’re ready to go.

Rachel
10/12/2013

I was incredibly nervous to order my fall wedding flowers online! Also very concerned about them being shipped from NJ to MN the week of my wedding... But everything turned out great! The flowers were beautiful, the printable guide helped me to order the proper number of stems, I had a wonderful team of helpers and I saved a ton of money. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Flowers

We used Blooms by the Box for our recent wedding and I couldn't be happier. We ordered the Rustic Wildflower Pack along with extra wildflowers to make simple mason jar arrangements. The flowers arrived on time (late morning Friday), giving us ample time to prep them for my Sunday wedding. The flowers were packaged really well and were perfect by Sunday. I would highly recommend them.

1+ year ago

My husband and I wanted to keep our backyard wedding as low cost as possible, and one of the ways we did that was by making our own bouquets and centerpieces. Our colors were White, Lavender and Forest Green, and Blooms by the Box was the only vendor that not only would deliver in our time frame (I was a bit behind in ordering....), but had Lavender Cool Water Roses that fit out price range.

I HIGHLY recommend them; and this is from someone who was really hesitant to order online.

Services Used: Flowers

Flowers were beautiful. The customer service is excellent and they are very helpful. DIY Flowers can be overwhelming but as long as you follow the directions they provide and do your own research, it's not impossible. It's cost effective and a great way to add your very own special touch.

I ordered the following:

-for Centerpieces-
Mini Carnations Orange
Rose Miracle Orange 40cm
Lemon Leaf

Everything except the Lisianthus arrived in PERFECT condition for our July 5th wedding; there were no brown spots or drooping heads on any of the flowers in the box after rehydration. I was very nervous about ordering garden roses for the bouquets after reading other Weddingwire reviews for Blooms by the Box; however, all the garden roses were beautiful, even after the wedding! We cut all the flower stems under water and followed the rehydrating instructions when the flowers arrived on Wednesday, then we arranged them on Thursday, and they looked great at our Friday night wedding.

1+ year ago

UN. BE. LIEVABLE. I only wanted SIMPLE SIMPLE flower arrangements - huge bunches of white hydrangeas. I ordered 60 stems and they were the biggest, most vibrant, healthiest flowers I have ever seen. They lasted for days before and after and were absolutely lovely. I also ordered the flower care pack and it was a great bargain. Fantastic. Will definitely use again.

Services Used: Flowers

I ordered the flowers for my wedding from Blooms by the Box and had an AMAZING experience! Ordering was easy, the shipment arrived exactly when they said it would, and the flowers were all beautiful. They also have a lot of great resources/info for brides planning to DIY wedding flowers on their website that I was able to utilize. I recommended them to my sister-in-law for her wedding right after mine, and she had a great experience too.