Blooms By The Box

Value
4.1
Flexibility
4.1

I ordered greens and white roses for my wedding and they were absolutely stunning. I have never seen more beautiful roses... They were gorgeous when they arrived but when they opened... No one could stop talking about them. My wedding was 8/15 and they were delivered 8/14... It's 8/26 and my house is still filled with gorgeous arrangements. Can't believe it - will never buy flowers elsewhere. I am so grateful... Thank you!!

Services Used: Flowers

We LOVED Blooms by the box! After seeing quotes for flowers, we knew a professional florist was way out of the question. Of the several online-retailers I looked at (Blooms, 50Flowers, Costco), Blooms had the best flexibility with the small bunches of flowers, and prices were so reasonable. Here's what we did:

-We purchased ~$400 worth of flowers, which were approximately 300 stems.z We spent another ~$30 on supplies (HIGHLY recommend the simple DIY kit with the shears, flower food and flower spray). We purchased floral tape, floral wire, all ribbon and jars from places like Michael's and Joann's since it was cheaper with various coupons.
-Purchased assorted alstroemeria, spray roses, carnations, and baby's breath.
-Highly recommend getting flowers like alstroemeria and spray roses since they have multiple blooms per stem, which really stretched our dollar! Our bouquets looked beautifully full with an under-average number of stems in each bouquet.
-28 assorted centerpieces: 12 centerpieces using regular 16 oz. mason jars (had ~10 stems), 12 centerpieces using 8 oz mason jars (had ~4 stems), and 4 centerpieces using 32 oz. mason jars (large bunches of baby's breath)
-11 boutonnieres
-5 corsages
-5 bridesmaid bouquets (~10 stems)
-My bridal bouquet (~20 stems)
-An alter piece made up of all the leftover flowers!

Our flowers looked incredible and the shipping process was fantastic. Putting everything together the day before the wedding took ~2.5 hrs with 6 helpers and was WAY easier than I thought--the DIY videos helped! Because of the heat in my area on ship-day, Blooms upgraded my shipping to priority a.m. delivery at no charge. Flowers arrived on ice packs, very tightly packed. We followed the unpacking instructions precisely and our flowers perked up within ~8 hrs of rehydrating with food. After hydrating (took ~2hrs to cut the stems, de-leaf with 2 people), all the flowers looked wonderful. Amazing customer service and an outstanding deal!

1 person found this review helpful

After researching the many online bulk flower sites I chose Blooms by the Box due to selection. I was ordering dahlias, but other sites do not let you choose more than one color without it costing more. Even without free shipping, ordering 100 dahlias here was much cheaper and I got to order a variety of colors.
They arrived sleepy and wilted, like they warned. Within an hour of being in fresh water they were awake and gorgeous.
I loved that they track the shipment so I had a good guess when they would arrive.
I would absolutely order from them again. My centerpieces and bouquet were perfect.

Recently Married

Flowers arrived on time and looking beautiful! They were out of one flower and called to offer a substitute of any flower I wanted! Great vendor and great price for DIY arrangements

1 Review
Recently Married

This is the best way to get wedding flowers, especially if you're on a budget!!! They were fresh, lasted for ever and even though they couldn't get one type of flower I wanted, they got me a nicer alternative for the same price! The flowers shipped overnight and included detailed instructions so that even if you know nothing about floral care you'll be set! I will use them for other events and can't say enough nice things.

Services Used: Flowers

Flowers were perfect! Delivered on time and in great condition. Very convenient and at an awesome price!

Services Used: Flowers

If you are doing your own flowers, Blooms By The Box is definitely the way to go. I price shopped several wholesale flower sites and this one was by far the most affordable. And all of the flowers I ordered were very well packaged and look great by the time they were able to sit and rehydrate for a few hours.

Recently Married

I was very happy with my decision to go with bloomsbythebox.com for wedding flowers. The prices were great, and they were very responsive whenever I had a question.

Services Used: Flowers

Blooms By the Box was perfect for what I wanted. I ordered a purple wildflower pack to make small table arrangements (to accompany a lantern for the centerpiece) and bouquets for myself and my bridesmaids. The pack made it easy to select the assortment and they were delivered right on time. My matron of honor and I were able to do the arrangements in an afternoon and they came out beautifully. It was a great way to save money and still achieve the look I envisioned.

Services Used: Flowers

I've arranged flowers in the past for other events I've planned, so doing flower arrangements for my wedding was no big deal. However, the city that I live in has a wonderful wholesale flower market-- the town I got married in did not. Instead, I opted to order flowers online. I preferred Blooms by the Box to other vendors because I could order flowers in smaller (~10 stem) amounts as opposed to 100s of stems at a time as offered on other wholesale flower sites... meaning I could get a bunch of different textures and colors for my arrangements.

I ordered flowers from Blooms by the Box, with a delivery date set for the Wednesday before my wedding. I ordered 11 bunches of orange spray roses,10 stems white football mums, 1 bunch goldenrod, 1 bunch peach hypercium berries, and 1 bunch monte casino aster. I collected green filler from my in-laws' yard. This, along with a separate order of 10 hops flowers (Black Creek Hops on Etsy) and 5 king protea (WholesaleTropicalFlowers.com) was enough for 10 hops Boutonnière, 3 corsages, 2 bridesmaid bouquets, bridal bouquet, 16 centerpieces (roses only), and another ~10 arrangements for the bar/gift table/other tables.

The flower bunches arrived wrapped in plastic sheaths. The more delicate flowers (mums) were wrapped in netting. The entire order was in a freezer bag with ice packs. Although they claim the flowers look "sleepy', they arrived pretty healthy looking to me :) I put them into buckets with water along with the plant food they sent along. By the next day, the flowers had started to open up. They were completely open by Friday/Saturday... perfect for my Saturday wedding! I could not be happier about how the flowers for my wedding turned out! The entire order ended up being ~$300 with shipping. With my other two orders (hops and king protea), I ended up spending ~$430 on flowers for my entire wedding! :)

Services Used: Flowers

The flowers that we ordered from Blooms By The Box were fantastic! If you are up to the challenge of arranging your own flowers (or have friends/family willing to volunteer) This company is a GREAT way to save money and still get incredible results!

Services Used: Flowers

Choosing Blooms by the Box as our wholesale florist was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We knew from the beginning that we wanted to arrange our own flowers, and we went with Blooms based on their reviews and customer service. We made 8 bouquets, 10 boutonnières, and about 20 small table centrepieces. We did this for about $600 and had a large amount of flowers leftover. My biggest concern was how they would arrive but they were nicely wrapped, very healthy, and they arrived on time. It is important to know that arranging flowers does take time and organization, but if you have family and friends willing to help, it can be a lot of fun. I watched several videos on their website beforehand and did a dry run at home with locally bought flowers and supplies. Then my bridesmaids, fiance and I arranged during a brunch on the porch the morning of the rehearsal dinner. I cannot recommend it more. Afterwards, we didn't need to bring all of the arrangements home, so we ended up leaving them for people in the neighborhood around our venue and met a lot of sweet people that way. If you aware of the time and preparation necessary before arranging your flowers, all will be great. This is a trustworthy company.

Kristi
10/19/2013

I have to admit, I was hesitant to use an online service to order my wedding flowers from, but I took a chance and couldn’t have been happier with the flowers that I got from Blooms by the Box. They were packaged very carefully (with cold packs included to keep everything fresh during shipping ) and arrived right on time. I ordered a variety of yellow and white wildflowers and fillers (mostly daisies, mums, alstromeria and goldenrod), as well as one of the wedding DIY supply kits (with flower food, tape, scissors, pins, etc.). DIY flowers ARE a bit of work, but not bad if you have plenty of help (luckily I have friends who are very good at this sort of thing). Also, the info and tutorials on the Blooms by the Box website are SO helpful. If you follow the instructions and prep the flowers as directed a day or so before the event, they’ll open up a bit more and look great by the time you’re ready to go.

Rachel
10/12/2013

I was incredibly nervous to order my fall wedding flowers online! Also very concerned about them being shipped from NJ to MN the week of my wedding... But everything turned out great! The flowers were beautiful, the printable guide helped me to order the proper number of stems, I had a wonderful team of helpers and I saved a ton of money. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Flowers

We used Blooms by the Box for our recent wedding and I couldn't be happier. We ordered the Rustic Wildflower Pack along with extra wildflowers to make simple mason jar arrangements. The flowers arrived on time (late morning Friday), giving us ample time to prep them for my Sunday wedding. The flowers were packaged really well and were perfect by Sunday. I would highly recommend them.

2+ years ago

My husband and I wanted to keep our backyard wedding as low cost as possible, and one of the ways we did that was by making our own bouquets and centerpieces. Our colors were White, Lavender and Forest Green, and Blooms by the Box was the only vendor that not only would deliver in our time frame (I was a bit behind in ordering....), but had Lavender Cool Water Roses that fit out price range.

I HIGHLY recommend them; and this is from someone who was really hesitant to order online.