Black Gold Golf Club

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

I can't say enough wonderful things about Black Gold Golf Course and all their employees! Liz Mahler and staff are so attentive, helpful, friendly, and every nice thing you can say about anyone! One my wedding day, California unexpectedly had rain that turned out to be the wettest day in July. We unfortunately were not able to use their breathtaking ceremony site that we fell in love with. Instead Liz and her staff one hour before the ceremony was to start, in the pouring rain, brought in and dried all the chairs and turned their lobby into a beautiful runway type ceremony alter with views of the beautiful hillside. You never would have known this was a last minute effort job. Everything was seamless and more importantly, the guests didn't have a clue the ceremony was not supposed to be there.
Come cocktail hour, as our bridal party, my new husband, and I went outside (at this time it was barely sprinkling) to take pictures, our guests enjoyed the bar and cocktail hour food. We had the international cheese and cracker display, teriyaki meatballs, bacon wrapped scallops, and their caprezi skewer. Everyone was so impressed with the food and the staff. They were also able to watch the bridal party and us on the patio as we were taking pictures and being taken around the golf course on a golf cart. Our guests really enjoyed that!
Our reception went off without a hitch! Our guests LOVED the food! Everyone wanted seconds it was so good! Black Gold also accommodating with our Vegan and Vegetarian guests. Our guests were able to enjoy BBQ Chicken, Salmon, and Tri Tip and our Vegans and Vegetarians were able to enjoy a tofu stack with pasta.
I can go on for pages of how wonderful my wedding day turned out unexpected rain and all.
The best thing I can say about Black Gold, is that it I get a chance to hold another event, I will go back to Black Gold in a heartbeat!
Thank you to all of your for making my day so wonderful and memorable! Xoxoxoxo

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I had our wedding at Black Gold this past July. The entire team at Black Gold was amazing! Liz and Rachel did a spectacular job in helping us plan and execute the special day. Originally the wedding ceremony was to be hosted outside, but on the day of the wedding it rained! Who would have thought of rain in July during such a dry year? Liz and the team seamlessly moved the ceremony inside and dealt with the adversity so well. Our guests (and of course my wife and I) were extremely impressed with the indoor ceremony location and said what a wonderful job the team at Black Gold did setting it up! The golf course provides wonderful spots for photos. The scenery is spectacular and provides an amazing backdrop.

Chef Gustavo and his team cooked some of the most delicious food we have ever tasted. Everyone was raving about the meals during dinner! The whole reception set up in the ballroom was incredible!

After the wedding, our guests could not stop talking about the amazing job the entire team at Black Gold did. The team is full of true professionals and we are grateful for making our wedding truly memorable!

Julie
05/16/2015

The coordinator, Liz, is very attentive and worked hard with us to make us happy. It's a beautiful venue, either during the day or at night. We took some gorgeous pictures onsite with Liz's help.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Liz is the most wonderful person to work with!!! She ALWAYS had my back and always was able to put me at ease. She knew exactly what to do and was so sweet the entire time I worked with her.
The actual wedding venue is breathtaking! I couldn't have envisioned any other venue for my special day!!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Susan
11/01/2014

Our wedding was an amazing day thanks to everyone at Black Gold!!

GAIL
10/04/2014

When our daughter and fiance chose Black Gold Golf Club, we began their Wedding reception planning with Megan. She was eager to help make this a day to remember. After a while, we discovered Megan had moved on and Callie was our new coordinator. Callie fit in immediately and she worked great with us all. My daughter living out of state was challenging, but Callie made it all run easily and smoothly. The Black Gold facility is fabulous with great golf course views and city light views at night. We were impressed from the beginning with the Golf course, the friendliness of Callie and staff. We had such a fun evening Reception at Black Gold. Everything was exactly as our daughter hoped, the room, atmosphere, food, everything was amazing. Our guests continue to compliment us on such a lovely evening. We were very pleased to work with Callie and after all was done, she's like family.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Shauna
08/09/2014

I had a beautiful wedding here. I chose them because they were the most reasonably priced for a full-service provider (venue, food, tables, chairs, ceremony site, etc.) The venue is absolutely gorgeous. The ceremony site is breathtaking. All of our photos turned out amazing. They treated me like royalty, and were very flexible and working with me and my budget, and my many mishaps that happened. Their food was so delicous, everyone raved about it. They really work with you to customize your wedding the way you want it. Callie is amazing to work with. I was very happy with my wedding and would highly recommend them to anyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Brittany
07/18/2014

It was a very pleasant experience. Everyone was very helpful.

Private User
1+ year ago

Black Gold did such a tremendous job conducting and coordinating things on and before our wedding day. A place where we go back to visit, chat and eat over the years.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Black Gold Golf Club on February 28, 2014. Megan was our coordinator throughout the entire process and probably the only reason I did not loose my mind. She was so reliable and considerate of every detail that we wanted. I do not think we could have found a better coordinator than Megan, she was amazing every time we met with her and dealt with her over the phone. Our wedding was absolutely perfect, even though it rained and we had to move the ceremony inside. Our guests loved everything about the venue, the food, the view, and the best staff. My husband and I first picked the venue because of the view from the ceremony space, and unfortunately we did not get to use the space because of the rain. Everything we could have ever wanted in a wedding, was offered and delivered to us at Black Gold. My husband is a self proclaimed foodie and was very picky about any venue food offered, but Black Gold passed with flying colors. Our food on the wedding day was such a hit with our guests, we saw many clean plates on the tables. We especially loved all the packages that were offered to us in the beginning of the process. There is something for everyone at Black Gold. My husband and I would definitely recommend Black Gold to anyone, and cannot wait until we go back for any occasion!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding back in January of 2014. My husband and I wanted to stay in Yorba Linda to pay tribute to the beautiful town he grew up in. We looked at the 3 different venues around the area and Black Gold had the best options including the most beautiful views. I was the kind of bride that didn’t like looking at 100 different types of lines, cakes, tables settings etc. I had a vision and it was so easy to execute when Black Gold provided most of the services. It was a one-stop shop and with my busy schedule that is all I had time for.

I wouldn’t be writing this review hadn’t not been for our ROCKSTAR day coordinator Callee. She helped us plan everything from the layout to the timeline. She went above her job description, to this day I feel horrible for not being the most organized bride. But what I didn’t do she filled in the gaps, I brought her the escort cards out of order she took the time to alphabetized each one so that guest could easily find. Days before the wedding I would email her -she was extremely responsive she immediately responded with an answer or a suggestion. She contacted all my vendors beforehand and made sure to give them set-up times and direction. She and her team handled everything so seamlessly that if there were any hiccups happening behind the scenes I had no idea because I wasn’t bothered with one issue. We went with served butler style, the food was warm the service was impeccable. For every bride that doesn’t want to work with 20 different vendors, Black Gold is your best choice.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Exceptional location. We were treated like royalty as soon as we arrived. Food was amazing!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Julie at Black Gold did a wonderful job with my ceremony. I barely had to do anything and she took care of everything, My day went perfectly and it wouldn't have been the same without her help. She helped my photographer get great pictures and was super friendly and helpful. If I could do it all over again I would, again, again, and again!!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Julie, Victoria, and their staff were amazing!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We choose Black Gold not only for the beautiful location, but primarily because of Julie’s knowledge and willingness to work with us. From signing the contract, through the wedding, to the reception, no problems were ever encountered. Julie’s attention to detail and suggestions made our day extraordinary.

We heard from many of our guests that the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The food was delicious, and the views were fantastic. We would recommend Julie and Black Gold to our friends and to anyone seeking a memorable wedding location.

Rick
07/01/2012

Julie and her team were simply fantastic. It was a perfect venue. The food and all the timing were spot on! Couldn't have asked for a better time.