Black Creek Pioneer Village

• Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
I had my wedding here on September 4, 2011. My ceremony was on the Town Hall Green and the reception at the Grand Pavilion. I wish I would have chosen a different venue. The problems with this place is not worth half of what you pay ($100/person). There is absolutely no attention to detail whatsoever.

First off, they need more management on the wedding day. It was only the coordinator running the show and I hardly saw her. Never met the chef (if there even is a chef). She unfortunately was not able to manage all the aspects of delivering a wedding that needs to be attended to.

The food was terrible. We had even sat down and discussed a menu to a T and that turned out to be a waste of time because nothing we agreed upon was delivered. For instance, we agreed upon peppercorn sauce on the steak that was to be cooked medium. Not a single peppercorn was evident on any welldone steak served. The linguine with roasted vegetables and goat cheese in a pesto sauce was linguine with tiny chopped carrots and celery with little sauce if any and no goat cheese. This is the type of service that Black Creek delivers. It would have been so easy for them to google a picture of linguine with roasted vegetables and aim for that.

Service was poor for the money spent. The bartender called several guests names. Not sure what was said btw them to require this but this is a service no-no in any place, from Joe's Diner to the Hilton, this is a service standard no matter what, but Black Creek did not meet the bare minimum. Servers served other tables before the head table? Where does this happen ever!? They ran out of alcohol, which is unacceptable when you are paying for an open bar by the hour.

Overall, I always felt rushed when meeting with the coordinator and didn't really think that she cared about the details. I hope that she doesn't experience the same as I did for her own wedding. Perhaps she will be able to compare what she delivers to what she receives and fix all the problems with the venue. That said, i would say choose this venue if you want to spend lots of money on poor service, bad food and lack of attention to your details. However, if you do choose this venue, make sure your DJ, decor and cake vendors make up for Black Creeks missteps because when all goes wrong, others will make up for it.

Black Creek Pioneer Village should stay away from the wedding business and stick to serviing burgers and dogs to their Village visitors.
Wedding: 09/04/2011
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
0.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.0
HORRIBLE vendor. I was a guest at a recent wedding there, the service was terrible, and then when an emergency arose that ended use of the facility before the reception party began, the staff were beyond rude and unaccommodating. It ruined the entire wedding. They were insensitive to the happy couple, obnoxious, and there were a thousand ways they could have been accommodating in order to complete the reception somewhere else in Black Creek Pioneer Village, but they didn't. All they did was complain that the entire wedding didn't just leave without a word and leave them alone. I've never seen anything like it. NEVER ever book here.
Wedding: 07/28/2011
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  5.0
  • Responsiveness:  5.0
  • Professionalism:  5.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I had dreamed of my wedding being at Black Creek Pioneer Village ever since I was 10 years old and my dream came true! The church is a quaint, small church; the perfect size for my wedding. I wanted something with history, simplicity and natural beauty that represented the true meaning of marriage and the Fisherville Church gave us just that. It rained.... no, it poured on my wedding day and so that made for muddy roads leading to the church and not too many outdoor photos unless they were under a veranda. But let me tell you, the pictures turned out beautifully, especially on the veranda of the Halfway House. The rain finally let up around 5:30pm and we got some sun and stunning pictures around the village. The vendor was incredibly kind and attentive to our needs, always answering my emails very promptly (once the original person we were dealing with left the organisation and we had Allison and Darlene handling our wedding). They made a wonderful provision for us to have our little Westie in our wedding ceremony in the church, though dogs are not normally allowed in the buildings, our dog never left our side. It meant the world to us to have him be our ring bearer! The food was good, though I would never say it was high-end restaurant quality, it was barbeque comfort food you can enjoy with your friends and family. There was never a shortage of food (we had a buffet) but the dessert ran out quickly, especially the cherry cheesecake. Allison was so attentive to our needs before and after the wedding. She made the time to meet with us in person to go over room set up, seating, decor and other items related to our day. I never felt ignored or that my questions went unanswered. They did everything they promised and went above and beyond to make my day the perfect day!
Wedding: 07/25/2009