Bishop Farm Weddings & Events

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The experience my husband and I had with Bishop Farm was absolutely fantastic. We booked our wedding with them back in April of 2013 and, from day one to the day of our wedding, September 27, 2014, they were nothing but fantastic!

Annie, Heather, and Maggie are the warmest, most accommodating people you will ever meet! You will absolutely feel like a member of their family! The venue is stunning and gives you endless options to tailor your event to be exactly what you want it to be!

The Salter family also has an excellent list of recommended vendors and they are always prepared to point you in the right direction with any information you may need. They are in touch throughout the process, ready to assist with anything you may need, and completely organized to make sure that your planning and day-of coordination goes off without a hitch! Bishop Farm is absolutely the place to have the rustic dream wedding you've imagined!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you Heather, Annie and Maggie for making that weekend one we will never forget. You are probably 3 of the most amazing women I have ever met. Honestly, when Sunday came, I truly didn't want to leave. I felt like we were leaving family!

From the rehearsal dinner to the wedding, everything was shear perfection. The venue is, of course, amazing, but your willingness to help with even the smallest details was what impressed me. I can't think of a thing that I would have done differently.

So again, thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Deb
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The setting is fantastic, but more than that, the Salter Family is phenomenal. The family was very attentive to our every need. They were always very pleasant and helpful. We all felt like they went the extra mile to make the event perfect. I will recommend the Bishop Farm to anyone who ever asks for a location to host their wedding. They didn't even rush us out on Sunday. I can't say enough great things about the location and the family. Thank you.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Heather did a fantastic job the entire weekend. The wedding party stayed on site and we were all treated so well by the Salter family. Always feeling so welcomed. Rain on the wedding day forced the ceremony to take place in the barn( which is beautiful! ) But naturally my daughter was hoping for an outside ceremony. Heather was able to make the change in plans so smoothly that the guests would not have known there was a change last minute. And most importantly my daughter was thrilled with the outcome. THANK YOU Salter family!

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
Sandra
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bishop Farm and the folks who run it are absolutely amazing. Seriously. If I was limited to one word to describe my experience as a bride at Bishop Farm it would have to be "magical". Honestly, I could not have imagined a better setting for one of the most important events in my life. Annie, Heather, Maggie, et al. had a plan for every minute detail we hadn't even considered and made the entire process as close to stress-free as is literally possible. The phrase "above and beyond" barely does justice to this crew: when my elderly grandmother was feeling under the weather on Thursday morning, Annie offered to drive her home [read: home is approximately 149 miles away]. And then, two days later, Annie turned around and picked her up so she could be at the ceremony.

If you want your wedding to take place in the most gorgeous of settings, orchestrated by the kindest, funniest and truly genuine people, do yourself a favor and get up to the white mountains to take a tour at Bishop Farm. You will not be disappointed.

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Salter ladies, Maggie Heather and Annie, helped us create a once in a lifetime event and memories we will cherish forever. The groom, Peter, and bride, Nicki, found BF in the dead of winter and were immediately able to see that it would be the perfect spot for their destination wedding in July. Family and wedding party took over the inn and cottages starting on Thursday and from the moment we arrived and began setting up, Annie and Heather attended to every detail. Plus they are just fun and interesting people!! And Maggie's breakfasts are the best. We could not have asked for a more accommodating team to work with. The new fire pit area at the back of the property had just been completed and it was a great space to gather post rehearsal dinner and of course after the reception for the making of s'mores.

During the ceremony and reception, everything ran seamlessly. Heather and Annie were present to attend to every detail --- moving flowers from the birch arbor down to the barn, etc. And there couldn't be a better place to present the new Mr. and Mrs. than in that barn doorway with the curtains pulled back. Thank you, thank you. We all want to go back and do it again.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Heather, Annie and Maggie Salter are an amazing trio! The moment we met Annie in January we knew we wanted to get married at Bishop Farm in July - even though we didn't see it without snow until May! The barn is beautiful, truly the epitome of rustic chic with the chandeliers, wood beams, sheer curtains and high ceilings. There are so many fun decorations to utilize as well as details that are permanently in the barn - and the bathrooms are amazing, which was a very important part of the puzzle as we looked at venues - especially barns! The variety of location options for the ceremony were fun, and there was always a back-up plan in case of rain.

I think being able to utilize so many different spaces made the evening feel like there were distinct "acts" although everything was right there on the property. Space for lawn games and fire pits for s'more roasting were additional fun touches.
Being able to have the wedding party and family stay on property made it that much easier to do the set-up and final details leading up to the ceremony (and then sadly pack up following brunch on site the next day). It was also very important that we were the only wedding at our venue for the entire weekend so could fully utilize the space and enjoy our time - making it our own.

Heather and Annie are very responsive through all the planning and kept us organized with monthly conference calls. The day of, they kept us on schedule and organized, always with a smile. Maggie is such a joy to have around and the amount of work she does - from making us breakfast, to driving us around in the golf cart for the ceremony to sewing my friend's pants when he split them on the dance floor! Our guests were delighted that the Salters felt like part of the party while "working", and we were so grateful for that. My only complaint is that the day flew by!! We want to do it again. We will be back to stay at the B&B next year when it's not a wedding party weekend :-)

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Nicki
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding weekend at Bishop Farm was truly outstanding. We used the facilities for the entire weekend, with guests on the spacious deck for the welcome dinner and cocktail hour, in front of the milk barn for the ceremony, and in the spectacular barn for the wedding reception. We also filled all the cabins and rooms at the inn with guests and family. The accommodations were so comfortable (everyone raved about the beds) and well-appointed - each room/cabin had a unique feel or feature.
From the initial point of contact through the end of the actual wedding weekend, the Salter ladies made us feel like part of the family. Heather, Annie and Maggie were personable, professional, receptive, flexible and incredibly hard-working. We arrived ahead of the weekend to begin decorating the barn and grounds, and the Salter ladies were right there with us, pitching in, making suggestions, finding unique and useful items for us to use from the lending closet, and making us laugh! They climbed ladders, hung lights, hauled furniture, and responded immediately to even the slightest suggestion from us. A simple “could we? or I wonder if…” would prompt a full scale effort to make each thought into reality with remarkable results, time after time.
Heather’s instincts for staging and decorating, Annie’s tireless efforts to groom each setting to perfection, and Maggie’s well-timed help and smiling support (not to mention, delicious food) made us feel that we were in very capable hands.
Our guests had a wonderful time, and so did we. Many of our friends and family called it “the best wedding ever”, “the happiest of times”, and simply “awesome”.
As in many of life’s events, the “devil is in the details”– luckily for us, the Salter angels were there to handle the details for us… Thank you ladies from the bottom of our hearts!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had an amazing experience at Bishop Farm for my sister's wedding. The atmosphere is fantastic and the family that runs Bishop Farm is even more amazing. They were so helpful, friendly and very knowledgeable to how to "run" a wedding and reception. I highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Casey
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had an amazing wedding weekend at Bishop Farm. The ladies that "run the show" are full of energy, enthusiasm and excitement for all that is going on and were a pleasure to work with! They have great ideas and work very hard with a great attention to detail, and they made us feel very comfortable and welcome. The farm house and cottages are lovely and well kept, and we enjoyed the delicious served breakfasts. We had a great time hanging out with the ladies in the farmhouse kitchen every morning! Although we know they have had and will have many events, they made us feel as though ours was their only focus - we did not feel like just another group coming thru - we did not feel like a commodity. They got to know everyone in our group, and we were delighted to see them join in many conversations and games. We were totally confident that with these ladies in charge, all would be well! We cannot thank them enough for making it such a special and individualized wedding experience for our families!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Susan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter was married at Bishop Farm on Memorial Day weekend of 2014.The Salters made every little detail of the entire weekend perfect!! They were there every second you needed something but were in NO WAY intrusive. Annie, Heather and Maggie made us feel totally at home and welcome on their property. They helped with everything and asked questions that we would never have thought of, but gave us ideas to help with our own decisions. They served breakfast every morning which was incredible. The beds are so comfortable. Our wedding party guests that stayed in the house or the cabins all said they hadn't slept that well in a long time. Our family across the U.S. are already discussing plans for a family reunion there in 2016

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
Nettie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything about our wedding was better than we had imagined! We got a thunderstorm AND a rainbow AND a gorgeous sunset, and through it all (especially the storm) the Bishop Farm staff was incredible.
The thought and care put into everything from our flowers to the schedule of the day to breakfast was incredible. Anytime we needed anything, Heather, Annie, and Marie were like superheros, popping in with exactly what we needed the moment we realized we needed it. I am so glad we chose Bishop Farm as our venue, I don't think our wedding would have been as perfect anywhere else and we will be forever grateful for that.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The ladies of bishop farm helped to truly make our wedding the best weekend of not only our lives but we've heard the same from some of our guests too! My mom and I decided to head to Bishop Farm the Wednesday before the wedding and the ladies welcomed us warmly and didn't mind that we wanted to get started setting up right away. The staff they have that helped set up tables/chairs and the clean up were amazing. I couldn't believe that everything was all boxed up and ready to go home when we woke up in the morning. The day of the wedding we were at the salon for some time but when we got back the ladies had already gotten done things I was going to do when we got back. Everytime I'd think "oh no I forgot the....." I'd turn around and see that they already did it! Our wedding was a weekend that I will never forget and honestly could not imagine it any better than what it was. Having friends and family staying at bishop farm with us was such a bonus I wish we could've stayed longer. If you are looking for a relaxed, fun, amazingly perfect place to get married - book bishop farm! I am hoping my friends will so i can go for another weekend!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Bride and Groom wanted a destination wedding amongst nature and the beautiful Fall Foliage. They wanted to have the wedding party & immediate family all together which Bishop Farm was able to accommodate with their 7 bedroom Farmhouse and 6 individual cottages onsite. They found it at Bishop Farm.
We arrived on the early before the wedding to start decorating the renovated Barn. What was so wonderful was the Salter Family & Casey (the wedding coordinator) made us feel at home; we felt they were a part of our family & the wedding event. Annie, Heather, Danny, Maggie & Casey worked hard and were always a step ahead of what we needed done. They were always waiting in the wings to make sure everything went off as planned.
You felt like you traveled back in time to your Grandmother's home with all the fond memories and Oh MY -those wonderful home-cooked breakfast's. They were truly made with love. (Thank you Maggie)
I am sure no matter what season you visit Bishop Farm it is lovely but the turning of the leaves and all the flowers were magnificent. Reflecting back on the week and all the questions I asked of them being the Mother of the Bride, I cannot remember anything they were not able to answer or accommodate for us.
What made this such a memorable experience was the sincere love Annie, Heather, Danny, Maggie and Casey showed to us and all our guests. They are such gracious hosts; you never got the feeling that they were just running a business but they loved what they were doing and wanted everyone to have a wonderful time. They made this wedding week-end so special to our families and to start the newlyweds off on the right foot with memories they will cherish for a lifetime.
Heather, Annie, Danny, Maggie and Casey- Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you did for us and a wonderful experience and friendship.

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Debbie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The overwhelming love, kindness, and feeling like your the only couple in the world are just 3 of the first things that come to mind when my new husband and I describe Bishop Farm! Our experience from the day we booked the venue, until the second we left was absolutely amazing! They think of everything to make the occasion fun, memorable and unique....even the morning of when one of the girls suggested ordering pizza to be delivered after the reception! We felt at home, between Annie running around with her cheese head on sunday during the Packers game, Maggie re-heating our wedding leftovers Sunday night and eating with us over a glass of wine, & Heather helping us pack and organize our barn "mess" on Sunday! If you want to have a worry free wedding (Kasey really knows how to decorate and cover ALL bases) at a beautiful venue that your guests will NEVER forget, Choose Bishop Farm! They really have a knack and beautiful hearts for this business! Thank you Maggie, Annie, Heather, & Kasey! You rock!!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
Sheena
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had an incredible wedding at Bishop Farm. The location is stunning, surrounded by peaceful countryside. When we first showed up to check the place out it was the middle of winter and covered in snow but as soon as we saw the barn we were sold. Not only is it a stunning venue, with high ceilings and beams, but it is perfectly set up for a wedding - outside deck, staging area for the caterer, DJ booth, bar, storage space, two bathrooms and stunning chandeliers. Another great advantage to Bishop Farm is that we were able to come up early, settle in and stay the whole weekend. That way we really had time to enjoy our wedding. Close friends and family were staying onsite so it made for a lovely atmosphere. There are lots of options for the ceremony site but we decided to get married on the top field, which was perfect for what we wanted.

Now all this is well and good, but the real secret to Bishop Farm's success is the work of the incredible Salter girls. Maggie, Annie and Heather went above and beyond time and again to make sure everything worked out for us. They manage to combine being extremely professional with genuine warmth and our guests were fulsome in their praise of how welcome they felt. Many want to go back and visit. The Salters looked after us from the first time we visited and we felt very lucky to have the help us make it such a perfect day.

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
Duncan
603-838-2474
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment