Bishop Farm Weddings & Events

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A uniquely rustic/elegant venue. The owners are kind, attentive, knowledgable and wonderful to work with. They are organized and very thorough. Take their job very seriously yet promote a relaxed, happy, comfortable event. If I could give them 20 stars in each category I would without reservation.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My October wedding at Bishop Farm was everything that I could have hoped for and more! From our first tour to the last look goodbye every detail was perfectly executed by Heather. When you are at Bishop Farm, you truly feel that you are visiting family who wants nothing more than to give you the perfect wedding day. Having all of my guests staying together on the farm was a great touch that I didn't even consider in planning, but which worked out so well. The barn is gorgeous, as is the entire property. Looking back there is absolutely nothing that I would have changed...it was amazing! We did not have our ceremony on property, we got married at a local church, but with the professionalism and attention to detail that was shown in every part of our wedding weekend I can only imagine that it would have been amazing. (PS. Ask Maggie for the eggs benedict-like breakfast you will NOT be sorry :))

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There are no words that can truly capture how amazing Heather & Annie and all of the people at Bishop Farm are. The second I stepped foot onto this venue I fell in love and knew I wouldn't have been happy getting married anywhere else.

Their conference calls really helped us plan our wedding, they had so much knowledge, they were always willing to give their opinions or let us know about how people have done things with them in the past, and what the pros and cons were.

The actual weekend itself was gorgeous. Maggie cooks a fabulous breakfast each day, and the beds are super comfortable. We had such FUN the entire weekend, and Bishop Farm was a large part of that. Heather has some great stories to tell, so make sure you get her to tell them!

The day of the ceremony, it didn't look good weather-wise for my outdoor ceremony (I had my heart set on getting married in front of the Milk House). Eventually we had to make the heart-wrenching call to have the ceremony inside the barn (and they set it up beautifully), but then, just as I am about to get ready to walk down the aisle, Heather and Annie come in and tell me that the rain has stopped, and they could have the ceremony set up outside in 15 minutes. I nearly cried from joy. They had it set up in 8 minutes. It was truly amazing.

The next morning when I went to pack, they already had all my decor broken down and organized. THAT was a real treat, because after a very long (but fun) weekend, it made my life so much easier. Its the little touches like this that make this venue amazing.

One of the best things I think about this venue (other than the people) is the wedding pantry. Brides past will leave decor/supplies they don't want, and future brides can use it in their wedding. It was a great way to not only get inspiration for my wedding, but fill in the finishing touches on that day.

You can't go wrong at Bishop Farm and honestly, if you choose any other venue I think you're making a mistake.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The experience my husband and I had with Bishop Farm was absolutely fantastic. We booked our wedding with them back in April of 2013 and, from day one to the day of our wedding, September 27, 2014, they were nothing but fantastic!

Annie, Heather, and Maggie are the warmest, most accommodating people you will ever meet! You will absolutely feel like a member of their family! The venue is stunning and gives you endless options to tailor your event to be exactly what you want it to be!

The Salter family also has an excellent list of recommended vendors and they are always prepared to point you in the right direction with any information you may need. They are in touch throughout the process, ready to assist with anything you may need, and completely organized to make sure that your planning and day-of coordination goes off without a hitch! Bishop Farm is absolutely the place to have the rustic dream wedding you've imagined!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you Heather, Annie and Maggie for making that weekend one we will never forget. You are probably 3 of the most amazing women I have ever met. Honestly, when Sunday came, I truly didn't want to leave. I felt like we were leaving family!

From the rehearsal dinner to the wedding, everything was shear perfection. The venue is, of course, amazing, but your willingness to help with even the smallest details was what impressed me. I can't think of a thing that I would have done differently.

So again, thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
Deb
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The setting is fantastic, but more than that, the Salter Family is phenomenal. The family was very attentive to our every need. They were always very pleasant and helpful. We all felt like they went the extra mile to make the event perfect. I will recommend the Bishop Farm to anyone who ever asks for a location to host their wedding. They didn't even rush us out on Sunday. I can't say enough great things about the location and the family. Thank you.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Heather did a fantastic job the entire weekend. The wedding party stayed on site and we were all treated so well by the Salter family. Always feeling so welcomed. Rain on the wedding day forced the ceremony to take place in the barn( which is beautiful! ) But naturally my daughter was hoping for an outside ceremony. Heather was able to make the change in plans so smoothly that the guests would not have known there was a change last minute. And most importantly my daughter was thrilled with the outcome. THANK YOU Salter family!

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
Sandra
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bishop Farm and the folks who run it are absolutely amazing. Seriously. If I was limited to one word to describe my experience as a bride at Bishop Farm it would have to be "magical". Honestly, I could not have imagined a better setting for one of the most important events in my life. Annie, Heather, Maggie, et al. had a plan for every minute detail we hadn't even considered and made the entire process as close to stress-free as is literally possible. The phrase "above and beyond" barely does justice to this crew: when my elderly grandmother was feeling under the weather on Thursday morning, Annie offered to drive her home [read: home is approximately 149 miles away]. And then, two days later, Annie turned around and picked her up so she could be at the ceremony.

If you want your wedding to take place in the most gorgeous of settings, orchestrated by the kindest, funniest and truly genuine people, do yourself a favor and get up to the white mountains to take a tour at Bishop Farm. You will not be disappointed.

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Salter ladies, Maggie Heather and Annie, helped us create a once in a lifetime event and memories we will cherish forever. The groom, Peter, and bride, Nicki, found BF in the dead of winter and were immediately able to see that it would be the perfect spot for their destination wedding in July. Family and wedding party took over the inn and cottages starting on Thursday and from the moment we arrived and began setting up, Annie and Heather attended to every detail. Plus they are just fun and interesting people!! And Maggie's breakfasts are the best. We could not have asked for a more accommodating team to work with. The new fire pit area at the back of the property had just been completed and it was a great space to gather post rehearsal dinner and of course after the reception for the making of s'mores.

During the ceremony and reception, everything ran seamlessly. Heather and Annie were present to attend to every detail --- moving flowers from the birch arbor down to the barn, etc. And there couldn't be a better place to present the new Mr. and Mrs. than in that barn doorway with the curtains pulled back. Thank you, thank you. We all want to go back and do it again.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Heather, Annie and Maggie Salter are an amazing trio! The moment we met Annie in January we knew we wanted to get married at Bishop Farm in July - even though we didn't see it without snow until May! The barn is beautiful, truly the epitome of rustic chic with the chandeliers, wood beams, sheer curtains and high ceilings. There are so many fun decorations to utilize as well as details that are permanently in the barn - and the bathrooms are amazing, which was a very important part of the puzzle as we looked at venues - especially barns! The variety of location options for the ceremony were fun, and there was always a back-up plan in case of rain.

I think being able to utilize so many different spaces made the evening feel like there were distinct "acts" although everything was right there on the property. Space for lawn games and fire pits for s'more roasting were additional fun touches. Being able to have the wedding party and family stay on property made it that much easier to do the set-up and final details leading up to the ceremony (and then sadly pack up following brunch on site the next day). It was also very important that we were the only wedding at our venue for the entire weekend so could fully utilize the space and enjoy our time - making it our own.

Heather and Annie are very responsive through all the planning and kept us organized with monthly conference calls. The day of, they kept us on schedule and organized, always with a smile. Maggie is such a joy to have around and the amount of work she does - from making us breakfast, to driving us around in the golf cart for the ceremony to sewing my friend's pants when he split them on the dance floor! Our guests were delighted that the Salters felt like part of the party while "working", and we were so grateful for that. My only complaint is that the day flew by!! We want to do it again. We will be back to stay at the B&B next year when it's not a wedding party weekend :-)

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Nicki
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I don't even know where to start with my review for Bishop Farm, there are so many wonderful things I could say! I have attended events at Bishop Farm as both a guest and as a coordinator. From the second you step foot onto the grounds it is as if everything else melts away and all you see and all you can do is smile. The main house makes you just want to sit and have a cup of tea and a good talk with Maggie, Heather and Annie. The grounds are meticulously maintained and colorful. There is an option of ceremony sites (I have seen both and you can not go wrong either way!) The cottages look and feel like they are straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog. The Barn, oh the barn, is the perfect touch of old with new. The deck is perfect for those cool summer nights, the fire pit is great for friends old and new to gather around. This team is beyond fantastic. You can not go wrong with Bishop Farm and everything it has to offer!!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding weekend at Bishop Farm was truly outstanding. We used the facilities for the entire weekend, with guests on the spacious deck for the welcome dinner and cocktail hour, in front of the milk barn for the ceremony, and in the spectacular barn for the wedding reception. We also filled all the cabins and rooms at the inn with guests and family. The accommodations were so comfortable (everyone raved about the beds) and well-appointed - each room/cabin had a unique feel or feature. From the initial point of contact through the end of the actual wedding weekend, the Salter ladies made us feel like part of the family. Heather, Annie and Maggie were personable, professional, receptive, flexible and incredibly hard-working. We arrived ahead of the weekend to begin decorating the barn and grounds, and the Salter ladies were right there with us, pitching in, making suggestions, finding unique and useful items for us to use from the lending closet, and making us laugh! They climbed ladders, hung lights, hauled furniture, and responded immediately to even the slightest suggestion from us. A simple “could we? or I wonder if…” would prompt a full scale effort to make each thought into reality with remarkable results, time after time. Heather’s instincts for staging and decorating, Annie’s tireless efforts to groom each setting to perfection, and Maggie’s well-timed help and smiling support (not to mention, delicious food) made us feel that we were in very capable hands. Our guests had a wonderful time, and so did we. Many of our friends and family called it “the best wedding ever”, “the happiest of times”, and simply “awesome”. As in many of life’s events, the “devil is in the details”– luckily for us, the Salter angels were there to handle the details for us… Thank you ladies from the bottom of our hearts!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had an amazing experience at Bishop Farm for my sister's wedding. The atmosphere is fantastic and the family that runs Bishop Farm is even more amazing. They were so helpful, friendly and very knowledgeable to how to "run" a wedding and reception. I highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Casey
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had an amazing wedding weekend at Bishop Farm. The ladies that "run the show" are full of energy, enthusiasm and excitement for all that is going on and were a pleasure to work with! They have great ideas and work very hard with a great attention to detail, and they made us feel very comfortable and welcome. The farm house and cottages are lovely and well kept, and we enjoyed the delicious served breakfasts. We had a great time hanging out with the ladies in the farmhouse kitchen every morning! Although we know they have had and will have many events, they made us feel as though ours was their only focus - we did not feel like just another group coming thru - we did not feel like a commodity. They got to know everyone in our group, and we were delighted to see them join in many conversations and games. We were totally confident that with these ladies in charge, all would be well! We cannot thank them enough for making it such a special and individualized wedding experience for our families!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Susan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter was married at Bishop Farm on Memorial Day weekend of 2014.The Salters made every little detail of the entire weekend perfect!! They were there every second you needed something but were in NO WAY intrusive. Annie, Heather and Maggie made us feel totally at home and welcome on their property. They helped with everything and asked questions that we would never have thought of, but gave us ideas to help with our own decisions. They served breakfast every morning which was incredible. The beds are so comfortable. Our wedding party guests that stayed in the house or the cabins all said they hadn't slept that well in a long time. Our family across the U.S. are already discussing plans for a family reunion there in 2016

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
Nettie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything about our wedding was better than we had imagined! We got a thunderstorm AND a rainbow AND a gorgeous sunset, and through it all (especially the storm) the Bishop Farm staff was incredible. The thought and care put into everything from our flowers to the schedule of the day to breakfast was incredible. Anytime we needed anything, Heather, Annie, and Marie were like superheros, popping in with exactly what we needed the moment we realized we needed it. I am so glad we chose Bishop Farm as our venue, I don't think our wedding would have been as perfect anywhere else and we will be forever grateful for that.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
603-838-2474
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment