Birchtree Catering

Value
Flexibility
1 Review
Recently Married

After talking with several other caterers and receiving what felt like canned proposals, we finally found exactly what we had been searching for in Birchtree Catering.

From our very first contact, Rasa took the time to learn about us and engage in our story and in response crafted an incredible menu inspired by the foods and ingredients that we’ve shared in our relationship. They aced the tasting and then executed perfectly at the wedding. The beautifully presented family style dishes elicited loads of compliments and even more clean plates. Every element, from the signature cocktails down to the bar snacks, were coordinated to create an experience that was uniquely “us”.

Birchtree’s design services allowed us the freedom to DIY when we wanted to and delegate when we didn’t. Jenna created a proposal that captured the mood and style we were looking for and organized all of the little details to make it perfect. She arranged antique furniture pieces and decor that we provided to create beautiful tablescapes and an intimate outdoor patio, and created custom signage for every component of the event styled to match the save-the-dates and invitations that we had created ourselves. She beautifully organized our homemade marmalade favors, and even provided all of the bouquets and boutonnieres for the bridal party!

In the weeks leading up to the event, the Birchtree team accommodated last minute requests and made sure everything was organized and coordinated so that we felt confident and relaxed on our wedding day. Our day of coordinator Alexandra made sure that our other vendors were organized and took charge of the timing of the ceremony in support of our first-time officiant. She even made sure we had some food and drinks set up in the back room that we briefly retreated to immediately after the ceremony.

The folks at Birchtree are creative and professional, and inspired confidence at every step along the way!

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

The second we started working with the team at Birchtree, I knew we had made the right choice. I've worked in private events and catering for over five years, so food and service in particular were incredibly important to me. We got the best of both of those things with Allegra and Rasa.

We had a bit of a bump about midway through our planning and needed to switch venues which proved to be a bit stressful. Luckily we had an amazing team to keep us focused and calm and adjust our menu in a way that better suited our space but still made us comfortable. After several walk throughs and more emails that I could begin to count, it was the wedding day. As anyone who has worked in events can attest to, taking off the "planner" hat is easier said than done. I knew that I had assembled an incredible group of professionals so I was actually able to relax and just show up. When we finally got to the venue I was blown away by how perfect and beautiful everything looked. On top of that we were greeted by so many incredibly attentive servers, bartenders and of course the dream team of Allegra and Rasa. Everything was finished and polished and I got to sit and allow myself to get nervous about actually getting married :)

From the start of the ceremony to the end of the reception, I had nothing to worry about. I was offered food and drink before I even knew that I needed it. We felt like the most important people in the room which was really an amazing feeling. And did I mention the food?! I wish I had taken the time to eat more but from what I tasted and from what everyone kept telling me, the food was insane! We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding and are so sad it's over.

Services Used: Catering

The team at Birchtree was absolutely amazing. We couldn't have picked a better vendor to cater our wedding. They made my wedding day flawless and I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Their team took care of everything.

The food was spectacular!! All of our guests were very impressed with the apps, plated dinners and various other snacks that were provided throughout the night. People were raving about the food for days.

The staff is very personable and accommodating. They went far beyond the expectations I had from the start. I highly recommend them.

Recently Married

Birchtree did a great job with our wedding! I married a chef and restaurant owner who previously worked in high end wedding catering in NYC. Obviously, the quality of the wedding food was so important to him. Rasa and her team put together a wonderful menu and coordinated the even perfectly. The were a pleasure to work with. Our guests are still raving about the meal, months later! I would recommend Birchtree to everyone!

tkdchampxi
11/15/2014

These guys were absolutely amazing! When our original venue canceled on us (certificate of occupancy issue), Birchtree Catering went ABOVE AND BEYOND to work with us to find a new location and keep our dream wedding alive.

Chef Rasa's food is delicious and beautiful, her ingredients are locally sourced, and her menus are innovative and specifically tailored to your wishes and budget.

I have nothing but THE BEST to say about these guys!

Services Used: Catering

Birchtree was our number one pick from the initial meeting. Chef Rasa listened and responded during the planning period and helped the bridal couple arrive at their perfect menu. The food was excellent and the staff was professional. Rasa, Allegra, and Jenna were supportive and responsive throughout. I can't say enough about this wonderful company.

Recently Married

We used birchtree's catering and decor services for our August 2014 wedding at Colonial Dames. Our wedding day went so smoothly - it was perfect! -- and a lot of credit goes to Birchtree.

Catering: We knew from the minute we met Rasa and Allegra that they would be perfect for us. They are so down-to-earth, very professional, not pushy in the least. They listened to what kind of reception we wanted to have and, although a little non-traditional, they totally made it happen. We had a stationed dinner - and chose a summer feast theme - they totally nailed it. They helped us work within the budget and created a fantastic, unique menu - we couldn't believe how much we could get for the money we spent. Everything was delicious and our guests LOVED the food.

Decor: we went back and forth about whether we should use decor services, but after speaking w/ Jenna and seeing pictures of the events she and her team did, we decided to go for it. Jenna was really great to work with -- we communicated a lot through pinterest boards and she totally understood our vision. We had an idea of how we wanted things to look, but Jenna took our ideas and made it into something tangible. They created our signage, backdrop for our dessert display, a flower arch for our ceremony, and just made everything EXACTLY how we wanted it. They paid attention to EVERY detail.

Alcohol: B/c our venue allowed us to bring our own alcohol, we worked with their head bartender to pick signature cocktails and mixers and they helped us with a bar buying guide. This was SO incredibly helpful so we didn't end up with not enough of 1 thing or another.

Coordination: We had both allegra and natalie help coordinate the day and it went off w/o a hitch. they were so helpful - ready with everything, including a stain pen for when I got something on my dress and a sewing kit when I needed help with my bustle.

I cannot say enough about Birchtree! If you go with them, you will not be disappointed.

1 person found this review helpful

Birchtree was simply amazing. Our wedding reception was for 90 people, and Birchtree provided multiple services: general coordination, decor, lighting, rentals, and all food. They were patient with all our questions and changes, and were quick to provide recommendations for other services we were in need of. Simply put, we had not a care in the world at the event (other than to have a good time), as we knew we were in good hands with Birchtree there to handle the "normal" stuff, as well as the little surprises. And their food: amazing! We were immediately impressed at the tasting, and even more so at the reception. And supporting a local, woman-owned business that utilizes locally grown/sourced products was an added bonus for us.

Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I planned my wedding in 21 days and found Birchtree just weeks before my wedding. They were available for my date and worked quickly to get us everything we wanted. We had passed appetizers and flavored popcorn for the cocktail hour. For dinner we had a 3 course meal prepared on the spot. Guests were able to place their order and then get their dinner once the pasta course had ended. All the food was fresh and delicious. A few of our vendors said it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. The experience was great from start to finish.
Thanks birchtree!

Ainsley
05/17/2014

Birchtree made our wedding - Jenna and Rasa together were able to help us in putting together an event that we felt truly reflected who we are as a couple, and the entire day was so much better than we could have ever imagined.

Rasa is an incredible chef and put together a menu for us that was incredible - both the quality and variety of the food, the stunning presentation and the extremely high quality and professionalism of the staff was evident every second of the event. Rasa's flexibility in scheduling 2 tastings as well as working with us to develop a menu that we were thrilled with made the event a true joy, and every morsel that went into our guests mouths was excellent.

Jenna is an event visionary - she met with us multiple times, was always extremely responsive via email and phone, and her ideas, vision and execution were all extraordinary. She pulled together all of our ideas (some that we had better formed than others!) and translated them into a sophisticated, seamless, beautiful and cohesive event. Every detail was well considered and perfectly executed, from the cocktail napkins to the bar set-ups and signage - it was everything I could have hoped for and more. Jenna's design work (both in terms of printed material, signage and decor) was perfect, and she worked extremely efficiently and quickly - a perfect combination to keep me 110% confident that I did not have to worry about anything.

Jenna and Rasa also worked seamlessly to coordinate our other vendors, from rentals to venue to florist to our band - my husband and I were completely relaxed and able to enjoy each moment of the wedding day knowing that everything was taken care of. Jenna and Rasa's calm demeanor and "nothing is a problem" approach also really helped set the tone for the planning process and our wedding day.

I cannot imagine having pulled off the wedding of our dreams without these two and their extraordinary team - we won't have another event without them!

Services Used: Catering, Lighting & Decor

We loved working with Birchtree for our wedding! They were great partners in the planning process from the start when they helped us think through which venue was perfect for us. They met with us many times over the planning process to look at the venue, pick out rentals, provide suggestions on other vendors to work with, and design the day. Jenna's design aesthetic and style are lovely and we were completely comfortable putting our wedding in their hands! Everything was set up beautifully for the wedding. We really appreciated their flexibility around our DIY projects and incorporating family traditions into the event.

We were impressed with the sample menus and even more wowed when we had the tasting. Everything they serve is local, seasonal and made from scratch. It is so far from traditional wedding food. We were really excited that their menu included items from both our family traditions, like pierogies and Pocono trout. Chef Rasa even worked with us to create a dish that my partner described to her - it was exciting to have a hand crafted dish on our menu! The guests loved the food and are still raving about it.

Allegra was a great wedding coordinator. She was a calm presence the day of the wedding and gently kept us on track throughout the event. She even saved the day when the prior day's downpour created a muddy mess under the reception tent - she figured out how to fix it without passing any extra stress on to us.

The servers and bar staff were efficient, friendly and blended in. They were on top of everything, keeping tables clean and wine glasses filled.

We want to throw another party so we can have Birchtree cater it again!

Services Used: Catering

What can I really say other than AMAZING!! From start to finish Jenna and Chef Rasa were everything a Bride and Groom could ask for. From trying to work within our budget to taking my zany suggestions during the tasting to any thing we really needed. The decor Jenna and I spoke about came to life in such a beautiful way that complimented our personalities and our vision. We wanted an ethereal, romantic evening that really focused on our families and us as a unit and that is exactly what we got. The food was fantastic and our guests raved about it all. Having a seasonal menu really lets the flavor shine through and adds that extra umph to your meal. I would recommend Birchtree to any and everyone and would certainly work with them again. Part of what made working with this team so great was that they made it so we could enjoy our event. We did not have to worry about anything at all. A lot of couples say they don't get to eat or really enjoy their day but that was not our experience and I attribute that to Brichtree. I guarantee you will not be disappointed in your decision to work with this fabulous team.

Services Used: Catering

Last weekend we got married at Awbury Arboretum and Birchtree Catering absolutely transformed the place into a wonderland of rustic, vintage elegance. From the moment we started working with Birchtree, Jenna, Allegra, and Chef Rasa were extremely attentive to every detail of the wedding - from the fantastic fall feast to the beautiful flowers. There were so many details that we hadn't even considered, but they were so on top of it - giving us our options without pressuring us at all. They were patient and kind and just so competent and talented. They went above and beyond in every way. We could not recommend them more highly.

Services Used: Catering

I cannot express how much I loved Birchtree Catering for my wedding.

For any of the ladies our there who want to have a unique, almost anthroplogie-type wedding, these ladies will make it happen.

The food was delicious (Rasa is an amazing chef). The wedding day ran smooth (Allegra is tightly organized and professional). Everything looked gorgeous (Jenna has a flawless eye for design). I was as equally as stunned as my guests.

As any bride would, I felt stressed and overwhelmed when I started planning, and after meeting Birchtree everything fell into place. I got butterflies any time we met. They were always on top of everything during the whole process.

Being an Art Director as my profession, I really had a specific vision (anybody who knows graphic designers and art directors know they're anal about detail).

Birchtree really made it all possible. I love you ladies!

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

We interviewed several caterers and Birchtree was organized, creative in the process and enthusiastic. My daughter and now husband and his mom all met to discuss having the rehearsal dinner in our home. They wanted a big family style rsit down dinner for 75 people. They also wanted treasured family recipes. Even though it was in our home they gave me total confidence from the moment they arrived and I have never been more delighted and at ease. In addition they came Sunday morning and set up a brunch for over 100. Each person was easy competent and delightful to have. I can't say enough for the exceptional quality, originality and graciousness of this caterer.

Services Used: Catering

We had an AMAZING time at our own wedding- and we have Birchtree to thank for it! I was daunted by a 6-month planning window and had few ideas about what I wanted other than delicious food and good cocktails (flowers, maybe?), but Allegra, Rasa, and Jenna took me and my fiancée under their wings, guided us through the entire process, and got much more out of our budget than we had ever hoped. Birchtree is so much more than a caterer. They had worked with our venue, the Colonial Dames, dozens of times, and they had useful suggestions for everything from the timeline, layout of chairs and tables, choices for food and drink, fun surprises for our guests (sparkler sendoff!) and so many other items that took all of the stress out of planning a center-city wedding:
- Making quick decisions on things that would have taken me days- what will the bridal and bridesmaid bouquets be? what will the centerpieces look like? how will the décor all fit together? Jenna was simply amazing, delivering a fantastic design with my minimal input (umm, I like white flowers, magenta, and vintage-y stuff), while perfectly incorporating the few pieces I wanted control of, like a fun handmade cake topper and chalkboard-style programs.
-Bailing out the bride- when I found out with only a week of notice that my cake-maker needed a cake stand ASAP (who knew they didn't just give you one?), Jenna and Rasa borrowed one for me and delivered it to the bakery so I didn't have to take another half-day from work.
-Constant contact and support- Allegra and Jenna stayed through my wedding to make sure everything went so smoothly, feed me and my fiancée, and secretly sneak us non-alcoholic drinks. The bar staff and servers were professional, skilled, sweet, and contributed to everyone having a wonderful time.
With their warmth and skill and wanting the best for their clients, working with Birchtree was like having a close friend take charge of our wedding. Thanks, team!

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Lighting & Decor