Big Day Hair and Makeup

Big Day Hair and Makeup

Be the bride you have always envisioned.

5088 Bella Collina Street

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough about Kristi and her amazing service! I was referred to her by a friend who used her a couple years ago for her own wedding. I messaged Kristi on her website and she responded within a few hours. I set up a hair and makeup trial, which both were reasonably priced. I got to her home and was undecided on how I wanted my hair for my big day. I was comfortable with it down and hardly ever wear my hair up. She ended up trying 4 different styles on me that day! I was shocked that someone would care enough to take the time and just on a trial. After weeks of thinking about it, I decided I was in love with the up-do that she created for me. The day of the wedding she arrived early to get started on a few of the bridesmaids and myself. My hair turned out more amazing than it did during the trial run. Kristi ended up not doing my makeup. Time turned out to be an issue that morning and she brought along another stylist to do my makeup. I trusted Kristi and did not mind her doing this. I LOVED my hair and makeup that day! I felt beautiful and it was not like my everyday hair and makeup that I could have done myself, it was absolutely amazing! I am so thankful to have been referred to her!! I would definitely recommend Kristi for hair and makeup!

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Before I start this review, my wedding date says 5/7/2011, but the review is actually for a recent vow renewal ceremony on 3/29/2014.

First of all.....Kristi is AMAZING!! I had a pre bridal portrait session with a previous professional MUA and hair stylist who did an okay job. I was not a fan of how my makeup was done the first time because the MUA made my eyebrows too harsh looking. However, I still looked great in my photos. For the day of photos, I decided to book with Kristi. Since it was a destination vow renewal, I made my appointment with her over the phone, sent pictures of what I liked and made it very clear I wanted my eyebrows to look as natural as possible, etc.

Kristi became my first stylist where I actually LOVED how I looked that day. I felt my most beautiful because she really took the time to make sure my hair was fully hair sprayed to last the whole day and the curls stayed perfect and didn't turn frizzy at all (and I was on a cruise ship the whole night too!), and my makeup looked beautiful and natural looking, which was exactly what I wanted. I wish she could do my hair and makeup everyday!

Great customer service, so if you're an out of town bride like I was, go to her site and contact her by e-mail. She's always great at getting back to you in 24 hours, I suggest you get her as soon as possible because she does book up fast. She is fabulous, especially with the super long hair I had. I also loved how she was able to tell I was Filipina when she was touching my hair, she is very cute and funny. Love her! Go with her, she is a must for hair and makeup!

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristi was the 3rd person I had a hair trial with, and the first one to actually make my hair look the way I had asked her to. I showed her a photo of a style I liked, and she took no time at all to put my hair into that style - with her own little twist - and I couldn't believe it was so easy! Why couldn't the others have done that?!

She's sweet and talented, although very liberal with hairspray ;) I LOVED my hair for my wedding, and so did both moms and all 3 of my bridesmaids who got their hair done. Everyone looked fabulous, and Kristi was a big part of that. I definitely recommend meeting with her!

• Wedding: 11/17/2013
KristnH
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love Kristi. She never disappoints. She did me and 5 others in my bridal and was on time which is always scary for a bride, but I had no worries with her. Our original trial I had a hairstyle in mind but once we got to the wedding day I totally changed it up on her and she had no problem doing it the way I wanted. I loved my hair and so did the other gals. I think the only thing was the girls hair at the end of the night started to fall, but I don't think they told her it wasn't tight enough. We all have THICK hair. but overall everyone looked gorgeous and we had a blast with Kristi as our hairstylist. She's so easy to talk to while your doing hair it was a breeze and enjoyable time with her :)

• Wedding: 12/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had both my hair and makeup done by Kristi for my wedding day, as well as my four bridesmaids. Kristi made the whole experience of getting ready so much fun, and she fit right in with all of the girls! And all of our hair and makeup turned out AMAZING. I did a trial run first, and I was amazed with the work she did for the low low low price she charges. My hair never holds curls and her work stayed for 8+ hours! She works so hard and does such a great job, I will definitely be recommending her to all of my friends and family!

• Wedding: 11/09/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristi did my wedding parties hair and makeup as well as the mothers and sister. She did an excellent job and was pleasure to work with. She created some beautiful updos as well as less intricate hair styles for the mothers. We all looked great and our hair lasted the whole evening. She also did our makeup which looked fantastic in our pictures and lasted as well even through the crying. I would highly reccommend her and will use her again when I have a chance.

• Wedding: 09/08/2012
Stephanie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was looking for a reasonably priced hair and makeup person that could come to the hotel and do hair and makeup for me and any of my bridesmaids before the wedding. I found Kristi through Wedding Wire and I am so happy that I did! I met with her for a hair and make-up trial and provided her with a picture of the hair style that I wanted. Right away I could tell that she loves doing hair and makeup and is very experienced! She hung out with me and my bridesmaids the whole day before the wedding while she was working on their hair and makeup and was truly one of the girls! She was very flexible with my bridesmaids changing their minds last minute about wanting to get their makeup done after all. I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup and it lasted through the (hot) night! I would definitely recommend Kristi and use her again!

• Wedding: 09/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Oh my goodness were we pleased to have found Kristi at Big Day Hair and makeup! Now let me tell you, I'm a hairstylist myself, and finding someone to do my daughters hair for her wedding day and my hair since I didn't want the stress of any of it I couldn't have been more pleased with the beautiful work Kristi did on our hair! everyone at the wedding was complimenting just how gorgeous our hair was. Not only does she do a beautiful weave technique that looks loose but was very firm and stayed all night, but she is truely professional and amazing and loves what she does. I loved my eye lashes she put on, and again the right amount and gorgeous final look! Beautifully amazing! We would hire her again in a second!!!

• Wedding: 06/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristi was beyond fabulous!! We hired her kind of last minute as my other hair appt. fell through, so we were never able to do a trial run. She assured me I would love my hair though, and she was right!

She was professional and so friendly! She did my hair and makeup (the bride) as well as hair for my bridesmaids and mom. She was quick but listened to exactly what everyone wanted and everybody LOVED their hair!! I am super picky about people doing my makeup and it looked fabulous.

She came to our hotel room with everything she needed and got right to work. Her pricing was very reasonable, I just can't say enough good things about her!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristi was a wonderful hairstylist to work with for my wedding. She worked efficiently to get all 10 girls done on time. Also, her pricing is very reasonable and her services are great! She was pleasant to work with and definitely reccommend her to anyone for their big day!

• Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristi was so great! After searching countless hair and makeup artists online, looking for someone who would do both hair and make up on site for a reasonable price, I was thrilled to find Kristi. Kristi was so sweet and did such a beautiful job at my trial run that I booked her on the spot for my wedding. During the planning phases, she was easy to communicate with and responded quickly to emails. On the day of the wedding, she worked quickly and with a smile to get me, 5 bridesmaids, and 2 mothers done in record time. And we all looked amazing! She even spent extra time making sure my hair was exactly how I wanted it - and it was. Thank you Kristi!!

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristi is really amazing at what she does! Both trial and wedding day hair and makeup were flowless! She made me, my mom and my maid of honor look and feel beautiful! She is a pleasure to work with and I would very highly recommend Kristi to anyone!

• Wedding: 05/27/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am very happy with the services Kristi provided for several reasons. She was very friendly and personable, yet professional. Kristi did an awesome job on all of our hair dos and my make up. All the bridesmaids, as well as myself, loved our hair and felt beautiful throughout the entire night. She did a great job styling our hair just how we had planned and she did so in a timely manner (I had eight bridesmaids!) I really like that my hair felt secure. I never had to worry about it falling out. In fact, one of my bridesmaids woke up the next day and said her hair was still ready to go!

I met with Kristi in advance for a trial run for my hair. I recommend that everyone does this. I loved the style! When it came to the wedding day, I asked her to alter just a little, and it looked great then too!

After much research online, I was very happy that I came across Kristi's site. She had a great hair and make up picture gallery that gave me an idea of her style and I was very impressed with her prices! Thanks again, Kristi!

• Wedding: 04/09/2011
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristi is a life saver. My makeup artist backed out at the last minute, and she stepped in and saved the day. She was very pleasant and cheery, and was great and dealing with my mother (you know what I mean). She worked wonders with our hair, and our makeup was great. She could have moved a little quicker towards the end, we were almost late to the ceremony. All in all, she did a fantastic job. Thank you!

• Wedding: 02/02/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristi did an awesome job with my mother-in-law and myself. She is very professional and friendly. I looked absolutely gorgeous with hair and makeup she did on me and my mother looked beautiful too.

I highly reccomend her for your big day, you won't regret it, I guarantee!

• Wedding: 01/14/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fantastic service and very personable experience. Personal preferences were respected and style suggestions were executed perfectly. Kristi was both friendly and professional. I definately recommend her for your special day.

• Wedding: 10/23/2010
801-867-1462
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards