Reviews (11)

Sort By:

4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0

Danielle 7 Reviews
The only reason I did not give Bergdorf 5 stars all around is due to the face I found my own dress. I don't mean anything against my consultant, because she was perfectly lovely. I just happened to pick out a random dress that looked cute, and wound up falling in love.

When I called and left a message for my consultant, she was very quick to call me back, and tried her best to fit us in her schedule when I was dress shopping or going for my fitting.
Wedding: 06/10/2012
5.0/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The people at BG's bridal salon were very friendly and helpful. They were patient and helped me find the perfect dress.
Wedding: 12/03/2011
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They have by far the most exciting and unique collection of fine jewelry of any department store. They are not afraid to carry innovative new designers alongside famous established ones, and the sales staff is knowledgeable and helpful....
Wedding: 10/10/2009
Services Used: Jewelry
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bergdorf treats a bride just like you imagined. A comfortable, beautiful environment that helps you celebrate getting married! Tracy, the bridal assistant, is wonderful and supportive making sure that you have your dress exactly perfect for the big day.
Wedding: 08/28/2009
3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I must say that while I don't think I could have gotten my dress, which I love, from any other place in the City, I was not in love with the experience. After plopping down thousands of dollars on a dress I found it to be very difficult to schedule fittings with them and as they made adjustments to the dress I wasn't 100% happy with the job they did. I expected Bergdorfs to be very service oriented and accommodating and I didn't necessarily find them to be. My saleswoman was nice and fun to chat with, but I also felt like because I spent only about $4500 in comparison to many of their brides who spent $10000 I wasn't really important.
Wedding: 08/23/2008
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I went to a sample sale at BG's very early on in my planning days, so was not seriously thinking I would buy a dress, but once I got there, there were lots of beautiful dresses and it wasn't very busy, so I ended up trying a lot on. My friend pulled one that wasn't what I initially had in mind, but was beautiful, and then the sales lady said "Oh honey, that one is so badly damaged, if you think you can do something with it, I'll give it to you for like $50." I tried it on, and it fit me perfectly! There were a lot of ripped seams and frayed ends and the zipper needed to be replaced, but I loved it, and even if I couldn't get it fixed perfectly for the wedding, I couldn't go wrong for $50! I also saw a Melissa Sweet dress that I loved that was regularly $3,400 but marked down to $1,200. That one was slightly damaged with a strap needing repair and some unnoticable pulls in the silk charmeuse, but I would have taken it, until my friend said to the sales lady that we wouldn't pay more than $600 for it. The woman said she couldn't go below $1,000, but she would hold it for me till the next day, so I didn't make any rash decision. I bought the $50 one and the next day called BG's and asked if they still had the Melissa Sweet one that they were holding for me. It was the last day of the sale and I asked what they were going to do with it, if they didn't sell it. The sales lady said she would speak to her manager and they agreed on $600!!! I got two designer silk dresses with a combined worth of $7,000 for only $650!!!! I got the first dress repaired by an excellent tailor and wore that one for the ceremony, and the Melissa Sweet dress for the reception. I was a very happy bride, and all of our guests were quite impressed with the costume change!
Wedding: 05/25/2008
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Purchased my wedding dress and veil at Bergdorf and worked with June in the bridal department. June was fabulous and really showed sincererity in helping me find the perfect dress.
Their alterations were fantastic as well and the dress was in perfect shape and ready on time. I cannot say enough good things about buying a dress at Bergdorf!
Wedding: 10/06/2007
Services Used: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)
4.4/5.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I went to every dress atelier in New York, and found my Carolina Herrera dress at Bergdorfs. The service was impecable, and the dress was perfect.
Wedding: 09/29/2007
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great selection of wedding dresses. A bit pricey but thats what you would expect from a Madison Avenue designer store. No walk-ins allowed. Only by appointment. You are assigned a designer who handles everything for you. Dresses are custom made, they have some designs to choose from, all of which can be altered in any way you wish, but you can bring in any photo of a dress and they will make it for you. Obviously since it is custom made the lead time is a bit long (7 months with rush service) but that is completely normal.
Wedding: 08/02/2007
1.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Not an incredible selection. They make you wait and are not very nice or professional. But they do have a few beautiful pieces.
Wedding: 06/23/2007
Services Used: Jewelry
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Got a Badgley Mischa dress at the December bridal sample sale for 50% off. Still not cheap, but it was stunning.
Wedding: 05/14/2005