Belle Isle

• Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am SO happy that we had our ceremony in the Conservatory Gardens on Belle Isle. The gardens looked beautiful!! The staff was super nice throughout the entire processed. It went off without a hitch. Please remember when booking that you may experience private parties in the shelter next to the gardens that may be loud. There was a party there the day of our wedding but we didn't mind it at all. It was perfect!

• Wedding: 06/25/2011
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The venue was absolutely beautiful for our Earth Day wedding. There were lillies and florals everywhere. Even with rain, it was a great location. We didn't really have a problem with getting the venue reserved but you are pretty much on your own after that. We set up an alter inside the main room there and the visitors gave us our space. We had a few onlookers but they were welcome to witness. They didn't interfere. Overall, good experience.

• Wedding: 04/22/2011
2.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

I had my wedding and reception at the belle isle casino On 7/11/10 it was very nice and clean set up was as i ask but the office staff was very rude so unprofessional at times and here it is October and we still haven't received our deposit back Through all of that I really enjoyed myself there

• Wedding: 07/11/2010
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

We used the Belle Isle Casino for both our wedding ceremony & reception. They did a great job, the place was clean & they set up the chairs & tables like we had requested. I wish i would have been able to tour the building before our wedding, but couldn't since they only gives tours one day per week when i had to work. It was a good value & a beautiful building. Loved the light up dance floor!

• Wedding: 07/09/2010
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Used the conservatory for my wedding ceremony. I have to say it was incredibly beautiful and I would totally do it again but I can not say that it was an easy experience or even that it was a pleasant one. The people at the office were rude and disorganized and disinterested and the woman or actually the troll would be a better description who is at the conservatory was a nightmare. Rude, rude, RUDE and downright mean! If you want a breathtakingly beautiful spot for your ceremony use the conservatory, it was snowing madly outside the day of my wedding and it was summer inside! FABULOUS photos and so romantic! Just be prepared to be treated horribly to get it.

• Wedding: 02/21/2009
2.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 1.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

Belle Isle is a very special place to my husband and I. We went there on some of our first dates, and would take trips there during summers. When we became engaged, it was no question where we wanted to be married; the Belle Isle Flower Gardens and Conservatory, and have our reception at the Belle Isle Casino. They are both beautiful places, out of a storybook wedding. Our experience was closer to a nightmare.
The first day they were accepting bookings for 2007 weddings, I was waiting at 7am for the offices to open. I secured my date, 7-7-07, paid my deposits, and went on my way. Three weeks later, I recieved a phone call telling me I could no longer have my date, because they rescheduled another event, even though I was the first person on the books. I was very upset at this, but we eventually reached an agreement; I would get the next weekend, 7-14, for 25% off. We accepted, and continued with plans. I didn't find out until later that 7-14 was the weekend of the Belle Isle Boat Races, which we were NEVER told. We lucked out that it rained and they were cancelled, but we were terrified that there would be no parking, and boats driving during out outdoor ceremony.
Things are going fairly smoothly, although getting a return call is impossible with them, but payments are in, questions are answered, and all is ready for our wedding. The day of the rehearsal we showed up, wedding party in tow, and were ready to do the rehearsal. We saw a large group sitting around where we were about to rehearse, so we went inside the Conservatory to ask what the issue was. We were told we were not in the books for our rehearsal, even though we had booked it, and too bad. My fiance walked to the offices, the Conservatory staff called the office to let them know, and I spoke with one of the women at the office, who, after insulting me, said we could rehearse for 30 minutes, but we had to tell the other group they had to leave. The other group was nice enough to understand, but by the time they cleared out we were only left with about 15 minutes to rehearse. We were able to speed rehearse, so wedding day will surely go well, right?
We arrive at the Casino at 1pm, the earliest we could arrive, to set up. We didn't have too much time, since the ceremony was at 3, but with a bridal party, friends, and vendors, we were assured 4 hours would be plenty of time. When we arrived, the building was locked. We had to call maintenience to let us in, and when we got in, the building was not set up as the floorplan had been submitted. I mean, we were missing tables, chairs, doors were locked, there was junk piled everywhere (a broken tv, paper towel everywhere, garbage bag from the night before, and the bathroom was a mess). I started moving tables and cleaning things, while trying not to cry and mess up my makeup. I realized the area where we were supposed to have half of our buffet tables were locked, and the tables on the other side were uneven and wobbly. The head table was not placed either, and the floor was sticky! Yet again, we had to call maintenience, and they were very irritated about being called, and didn't help move anything, they just unloced the doors and left again. The bar was dirty, and really in bad condition. We did the best we could before we had to go to the ceremony (we were 10 minutes late because we had to clean stuff). Luckily my friends and family, as well as our vendors, were able to set up the reception hall, and it was beautiful, before the reception. However, I learned that the doors were locked again during the ceremony, and the guests could not enter the building for the reception, so they were stuck outside!
I know this is very long winded, but I would only reccomend Belle Isle Conservatory and Casino because it is a pretty location. The service, however, was rotten.

• Wedding: 07/14/2007