Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions

Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions

Favorite
Charlottesville, VA
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
4.3
Flexibility

First of all, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to write this review! I came to Bella Rosa in April and had an absolutely AMAZING experience. The consultant who helped me, Erin, really knew exactly what questions to ask to get an idea of what it was I was looking for. Their inventory is extensive without being so big as to be overwhelming. And I cannot stress enough how spectacular Erin is. She even hand-drew me pictures of my favorites at the end of the appointment! If I end up getting married on the east coast (pretty much all of the details are still up in the air, except the fiance!), I will definitely be back!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

This review is for the Charlottesville shop. I found an ideal dress for me at this shop, but that honestly wasn't the best part. I was somewhat dreading going bridal gown shopping, because I dislike people being extremely pushy about getting me to buy expensive things, and not giving me space to consider, etc. The woman who helped me at Bella Rosa, Kelsey, was exactly the opposite. She was very friendly, helpful, thoughtful, gave some suggestions and tried to match my style and budget (including consulting me before pulling anything even close to my upper limit), and did not make me feel pressured at all. She even suggested other places I could look for accessories rather than trying to push me to buy them at her store! She also gave me probably 15 minutes alone with my fiance once it was clear that I was interested in one of the dresses so we could discuss it. I had not intended to buy a dress at the first shop I went to, but I was overwhelmingly impressed by Kelsey's attitude toward me and my needs/wants. With a different consultant who was pushier, I probably would have backed out and not bought the dress I did. She is wonderful, and I'm really glad I stopped in to Bella Rosa, because I feel like I got the perfect dress and a better experience picking it than I could have hoped for.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Over the weekend I bought my wedding dress at Bella Rosa Bridal in Richmond! I was visiting my parents in VA from NYC. I have been to other bridal salons in NYC and with no luck decided to go on a spur of the moment shopping trip. I was definitely not expecting to find my gown this weekend, especially since my wedding is a year and a half away! Erin was so helpful and pleasant. She let me go around the salon and pick the dresses I wanted to try on (which is not allowed in most NYC salons). She helped me put on each dress I wanted to try and let me go out into the salon to look at the dress in the large mirror to decide if I liked the dress or not. After trying on about 4 gowns, I found a beautiful Caroline Castigliano gown that was perfect (that had just been taken off of display that day!) I wanted to change some small details on the dress that I needed my wedding gown to have, and Erin ran around the salon to get example scalloped lace to replace the edges of the bottom and the top of the dress which will be done during alterations. Even after the slight changes I had to think about it and made an appointment for the next day. When I arrived the next day, Erin had the gown waiting in the dressing room for me with the scalloped lace. I tried it on again and I had to say yes!! Erin was amazing and did everything she could to make sure the dress was exactly what I wanted my gown to be. She even gave me pricing for the alterations that I wanted to have done, a vail that I fell in love with, and contacted another designer to get pricing for an organza sash that I needed to have from another dress I tried on! She was knowledgable and made me feel welcomed without being overwhelming or pushy. Everyone at the salon was very pleasant and welcoming. I would highly recommend Erin and Bella Rosa Bridal to any bride looking to find her perfect wedding gown!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The salon at Bella Rosa is beautiful. It makes for a fun and special experience. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. They have a lot of great designers, and a good range of prices. They helped me customize my dress to make it PERFECT. They have also been very accommodating after the purchase process, helping me figure out what accessories will go best with my dress.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I didn't end up purchasing my dress at Bella Rosa only because they didn't have the brand I ended up liking most. HOWEVER, working with Erin was such a great experience. She made me feel like royalty. First off, the store is beautiful and makes you feel like you are in a movie or something. I instantly felt really comfortable and taken care of. Erin was so helpful in showing me dresses that were right along the lines of what I described but also while keeping me in the price range I was looking for. I had 5 people there with me and there was plenty of space for everyone to relax and give their input. It was very spacious. Also, at the end we had narrowed down to two that I liked a lot, and Erin SKETCHED them out on paper and wrote down all of the pricing and style numbers. I was absolutely floored at this detail. Bella Rosa is so professional and an amazing experience that I'm so glad I got to have. I will definitely recommend them to other brides. I went to a few other stores that day, ended up finding my dress elsewhere, but I have to say Bella Rosa was by far the best experience.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Bella Rosa in Charlottesville was a wonderful experience for me. I went with one of my bridesmaids and we had a wonderful experience. Unfortunately, they were a little out of my price range, even their consignment dresses, which was a little disappointing. However, Kelsey did help me find three dresses that were at the upper end of my price range, and one which I absolutely fell in love with. I had already made plans to go to a huge sale at another boutique a few days later so I didn't buy the dress. I then ended up finding an almost identical dress for 1/5 of the price, so I did not end up buying my dress from Bella Rosa, but I was ready to. I would definitely recommend Bella Rosa to a friend because the staff was so caring and really helped me find my dream dress.

[Private]

The Bella Rosa salon is an elegant and intimate store. The consultants are knowledgeable and experienced, and they will help you try on many dresses without being pushy. They had a wide variety of beautiful gowns. I recommend finding your dress at Bella Rosa!

[Private]

My bridal consultant, Erin, was very helpful and knowledgable. I did not feel pressured into making a decision and the experience was very pleasant and comfortable.

[Private]

I had a great experience at Bella Rosa! Camberly, who helped me, was terrific and they had a great selection of dresses in a wide range of prices.. The experience was very enjoyable! Would definitely recommend.

Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions responded with the following comments:

We so appreciate your compliments and the time you spent with us leading up your wedding. Thanks for the kind words and please send us some photos from your big day! Congratulations!

[Private]

The lady that assisted me was fabulous! She pulled styles that fit my taste perfectly and was able to answer ALL of my questions. If she didn't have the answer she was able to find out and give honest feedback and suggestions on all dresses I tried. Thank you Erin for a wonderful bridal experience.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I have had the pleasure to work with both the Bella Rosa Bridal in Richmond, Virginia, and their location in Charlottesville, VA. At leach location we were met with patient, knowledgable service, who were able to help me find a dress on my second visit, and my mother a MOB dress on her first! My mother has mobility issues, and both locations were understanding and handicap-accessible. We have been so pleased with the service, and wide range of available designers/styles. I can't wait for my first fitting!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Wonderful experience! Phyllis Mullens was wonderful. She made me feel like I was the only bride she had ever worked with. Highly recommend Bella Rosa!

Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions responded with the following comments:

It was wonderful working with you, Emily, and you looked spectacular in your gown! Thank you so much for the kind words and we hope to see you again!

Micheala
07/25/2015

I cannot speak highly enough of them!! I walked in, with no appointment, and found my dress. 3 weeks later my folks visited and we started to fill paperwork. My dress arrive almost 2 months later than expected, due to holidays. They informed me every step of the way with phone calls and emails.

When the dress arrived they were genuinely excited to help me. Absolutely love these ladies!! 100% on service!!

Recently Married

I went to the Charlottesville store first and later visited the Richmond store, which had a bigger selection. I found my dream wedding gown in the Richmond store and picked it up in about 5.5 months in the Charlottesville, which is closer to me. It's sad to hear from the staff from the C'ville store that their C'ville store is closing soon.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I found my dream wedding dress at Bella Rosa. It was my first visit to a bridal salon and my first day of trying on wedding dresses. The bridal consultant who worked with me, Phyllis, was fabulous. I went in with a clear vision of what I wanted and we were able to create that vision. I found one dress where I loved the top portion, particularly the straps and neckline. The bottom of the dress was beautiful but not exactly the style I had in mind. I then tried on another dress that had a detail at the waist and skirt that I loved. Phyllis then had the idea to combine what I loved about those two dresses (the top of one and the skirt of the other), and with the help of Fariba, the alterations manager, we were able to see how we could transform one of the dresses into my dream dress. I am looking forward to my dress coming in and working with Phyllis and Fariba to create the vision for my wedding day! I could not have asked for a better shopping experience!

Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions responded with the following comments:

Such kind words, Sarah! Thank you for being a Bella Rosa Bride and for the great feedback! Best wishes for a wonderful marriage!

Recently Married
0.4

The selection of bridesmaids' dresses is ample and the sample dresses are in good condition. The problem begins with the suspiciously long length of time it takes for an ordered dress to come in. By the time my dress arrived (two weeks before the wedding), there was no choice but to have the alterations done at the shop. Out of desperation, frustration, and fear of not having a dress to wear at all, I did not complain about the poor fit (I ordered the sample size, which fit beautifully) nor the price of altering the dress, which was nearly half the cost of the dress. There was no time to take the dress to someone more trustworthy and reasonably priced. The dress wasn't ready until TWO days before the wedding and the store was completely unapologetic about it. I think I've figured out their scheme and I will never shop there or recommend these people again. Too bad they care more about their profit than the customer. Shame on the owners and managers of Bella Rosa.