Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions

Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions

Favorite
Charlottesville, VA
804.284.9500
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
4.3
Flexibility

First of all, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to write this review! I came to Bella Rosa in April and had an absolutely AMAZING experience. The consultant who helped me, Erin, really knew exactly what questions to ask to get an idea of what it was I was looking for. Their inventory is extensive without being so big as to be overwhelming. And I cannot stress enough how spectacular Erin is. She even hand-drew me pictures of my favorites at the end of the appointment! If I end up getting married on the east coast (pretty much all of the details are still up in the air, except the fiance!), I will definitely be back!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Bella Rosa in Charlottesville was a wonderful experience for me. I went with one of my bridesmaids and we had a wonderful experience. Unfortunately, they were a little out of my price range, even their consignment dresses, which was a little disappointing. However, Kelsey did help me find three dresses that were at the upper end of my price range, and one which I absolutely fell in love with. I had already made plans to go to a huge sale at another boutique a few days later so I didn't buy the dress. I then ended up finding an almost identical dress for 1/5 of the price, so I did not end up buying my dress from Bella Rosa, but I was ready to. I would definitely recommend Bella Rosa to a friend because the staff was so caring and really helped me find my dream dress.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The salon at Bella Rosa is beautiful. It makes for a fun and special experience. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. They have a lot of great designers, and a good range of prices. They helped me customize my dress to make it PERFECT. They have also been very accommodating after the purchase process, helping me figure out what accessories will go best with my dress.

[Private]

The Bella Rosa salon is an elegant and intimate store. The consultants are knowledgeable and experienced, and they will help you try on many dresses without being pushy. They had a wide variety of beautiful gowns. I recommend finding your dress at Bella Rosa!

[Private]

My bridal consultant, Erin, was very helpful and knowledgable. I did not feel pressured into making a decision and the experience was very pleasant and comfortable.

[Private]

I had a great experience at Bella Rosa! Camberly, who helped me, was terrific and they had a great selection of dresses in a wide range of prices.. The experience was very enjoyable! Would definitely recommend.

Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions responded with the following comments:

We so appreciate your compliments and the time you spent with us leading up your wedding. Thanks for the kind words and please send us some photos from your big day! Congratulations!

[Private]

The lady that assisted me was fabulous! She pulled styles that fit my taste perfectly and was able to answer ALL of my questions. If she didn't have the answer she was able to find out and give honest feedback and suggestions on all dresses I tried. Thank you Erin for a wonderful bridal experience.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Wonderful experience! Phyllis Mullens was wonderful. She made me feel like I was the only bride she had ever worked with. Highly recommend Bella Rosa!

Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions responded with the following comments:

It was wonderful working with you, Emily, and you looked spectacular in your gown! Thank you so much for the kind words and we hope to see you again!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I found my dream wedding dress at Bella Rosa. It was my first visit to a bridal salon and my first day of trying on wedding dresses. The bridal consultant who worked with me, Phyllis, was fabulous. I went in with a clear vision of what I wanted and we were able to create that vision. I found one dress where I loved the top portion, particularly the straps and neckline. The bottom of the dress was beautiful but not exactly the style I had in mind. I then tried on another dress that had a detail at the waist and skirt that I loved. Phyllis then had the idea to combine what I loved about those two dresses (the top of one and the skirt of the other), and with the help of Fariba, the alterations manager, we were able to see how we could transform one of the dresses into my dream dress. I am looking forward to my dress coming in and working with Phyllis and Fariba to create the vision for my wedding day! I could not have asked for a better shopping experience!

Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions responded with the following comments:

Such kind words, Sarah! Thank you for being a Bella Rosa Bride and for the great feedback! Best wishes for a wonderful marriage!

0.4

The selection of bridesmaids' dresses is ample and the sample dresses are in good condition. The problem begins with the suspiciously long length of time it takes for an ordered dress to come in. By the time my dress arrived (two weeks before the wedding), there was no choice but to have the alterations done at the shop. Out of desperation, frustration, and fear of not having a dress to wear at all, I did not complain about the poor fit (I ordered the sample size, which fit beautifully) nor the price of altering the dress, which was nearly half the cost of the dress. There was no time to take the dress to someone more trustworthy and reasonably priced. The dress wasn't ready until TWO days before the wedding and the store was completely unapologetic about it. I think I've figured out their scheme and I will never shop there or recommend these people again. Too bad they care more about their profit than the customer. Shame on the owners and managers of Bella Rosa.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Our appointment was a pleasure. Our consultant Erin was very knowledgeable and helpful. She listened to my comments, and helped find the perfect dress.

Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions responded with the following comments:

Thank you for so much for the note, and thank you for being a Bella Rosa Bride!

Recently Married

I really enjoyed working with Bella Rosa to find my wedding dress. They had a wide array of styles, and I appreciated how patient they were as I tried on a (very large) handful of dresses to try to find the one that worked for me. I was impressed by the range of styles that they offered in comparison to other shops, and all of the dresses were of the best quality. Every step of the way, we received personal attention and high quality service. They even had the dress brought down to the Charlottesville location for my fittings to accommodate my schedule. They work with a wonderful woman who handles alterations, and the dress turned out perfectly!

4.7

My consultant at Bella Rosa was amazing! She was knowledgable and professional. My experience there was perfect. And yes, I said yes to my dress at Bella Rosa.

Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions responded with the following comments:

Thanks for the note, and thank you for being a Bella Rosa Bride!

Services Used: Dress & Attire, Jewelry

Camberly helped me find the dress of my dreams! I gave her an idea of what I was looking for and she immediately found the dress I envisioned! First try! She was very patient with me when I wanted to try on 30 more gowns, but ultimately picked the first one she showed me. She's so sweet and kind and was very supportive of me. I can't imagine finding my dress anywhere but Bella Rosa. Everyone I came into contact with was so friendly. I can't wait to go back for my fitting!!

Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions responded with the following comments:

Camberly is a great bridal consultant, isn't she? So glad you had a wonderful experience--thank you for your note and for being a Bella Rosa Bride!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Loved my experience with Erin. She was so patient with me and accommodated my needs. The main thing about my experience was the fact that there was no pressure and no pushy sales tactic. I found the dress I love! Thanks Bella Rosa and Erin!!

Bella Rosa Bridal & Special Occasions responded with the following comments:

Thanks for note, Jennifer! Erin does a great job and we're so glad you were a Bella Rosa Bride. It was a pleasure helping you!

4.7

I bought a beautiful gown in my budget for my beach wedding! Phyllis was wonderful, and she was very patient! She took one look at my photos and my body type and picked out a beyond amazing gown that I was so stunned with, and bought that day! I also bought a veil at Bella Rosa, but would probably recommend people go online or elsewhere to buy this as they are pretty expensive. However, my gown was a great value for the lace and details!
Thank you so much!