Beckwith Pointe

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

As many brides know, you spend a lot of time contemplating and second guessing every decision you make regarding your wedding. Well STOP right here, because you do not need to worry about anything at all if you have booked your wedding at Beckwith Pointe. From the very first moment my husband and I walked into Beckwith Pointe, we were well taken care of by Michael Burbage. I cannot stress this enough. He made us extremely excited to be throwing the best party of our lives and from that instance, I knew Beckwith Pointe was the place for us. Throughout the course of our engagement, we met with Michael several times to plan our wedding. Each time, he patiently answered all of our questions and made us feel at ease. He has an eye for detail and a great memory too! For example, when we did our seating chart, he had all of or tables memorized and knew where each group of people were sitting. The venue itself was beautiful and spacious. The large windows and view of the LI Sound took my breath away when I first saw it. The room we had for cocktail hour had enough tables and chairs so that each of our 240 guests were able to have a seat. The dining room and dance floor were also very spacious; the dance floor consistently hoping. Our guests raved about the food, especially at the cocktail hour. We ended up booking the "mozzarella man" who hand makes mozzarella right in front of you. This was a big hit and many of our guests could not stop talking about how great and delicious it was. Other big hits were the short ribs wrapped in bacon, the dumplings, and the gelato at the end of the night. Speaking of gelato, I did not get a chance to eat any at the wedding. The next day when I went to pick up all our belongings from the wedding, Michael asked if I got my gelato, and when I said "no" he made it a special point to go back into the kitchen to grab me gelato for the road. Again, this just goes to show you that we were taken care of from the first to the very last moment!

1 person found this review helpful

I had my wedding here this past Sunday, and Beckwith was awesome every step of the way. We set our venue appointment up very last minute (a family friend recommended it on a Wednesday even though we were leaving New York on a Saturday). Linda was quick to answer any questions that we had, and she was like that all the way up to the wedding, which was great, because we could only visit the venue one more time for our food tasting (more on that later).
On the day of, I got ready in the bridal suite with my maid of honor and the moms. Linda, Mike, and Brittany were always checking on us to see if we needed anything. Mike ran the rehearsal on Friday with us and then made sure we were ok with everything and knew what to do on Sunday. Sheldon was our attendant and he was awesome! He did everything from making sure I didn't injure myself on gigantic rocks during pictures (and I'm accident-prone!) to getting us food from our cocktail hour while we were in the bridal suite. Our maitre'd, Angel, kept everything organized and running smoothly, which I know is hard with two big and loud families and a ton of friends.
We got so many compliments the whole night, especially on the food. We tried just the appetizers during a group tasting in September and those were delicious, but the entrees (especially the wasabi salmon and prime rib) were amazing, and our cake (devil's food with chocolate chip cannoli cream filling) was so good. They also took care of our guests with dietary needs, so no one left hungry!
Overall, everything was flawless, and we're already talking about coming back on vacation in the future to visit the beach club!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It isn't always easy being the mother of the bride when you have three daughters! Although our daughter was in no way a Bridezilla, she had high expectations for a breathtaking venue, superb food and impeccable service. I knew the minute she and her fiancee started describing their hopes for their wedding to Michael that they would end up choosing Beckwithe Pointe. Michael listened patiently and professionally to our engaged couple and offered suggestions with great wit and wisdom. He answered my many (and sometimes bizarre) emails and phone calls immediately and with understanding. By the last couple of weeks before the wedding we knew we could trust Michael to guide us as well as be honest with us. He somehow knows everything from the times of high tide and sunset (hence perfect pictures!) to the extra touches that makes a wedding stellar! We left all of our handcrafted favors, centerpieces and other decor with instructions that were followed meticulously. When we arrived last night (yes, I am writing this less than 24 hours after the wedding because our experience was SO wonderful!) we were relaxed and confident all would be perfect. We were not disappointed! Jared was our Maitre d' and attended to every detail as if we were part of his family. His staff was constant in their attentiveness.
So... we've been to weddings up and down Davenport Avenue in the Clubs as well as at Glen Island. We've attended others in Country Clubs in Northern Westchester and Putnam. We guarantee you will not find a more beautiful setting, nor a more attentive staff anywhere. The food was superb and the guests simply raved about the cocktail hour. And...they can seat 200 people at the cocktail hour.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I just got married and our venue was at Beckwith Pointe. There truly is no rating high enough to describe our experience from start to finish. Michael, our banquette coordinator, was outstanding! From the day we walked in and met with him to the minute we walked out the doors on our wedding night our experience there was indescribable. The staff, food, service, hospitality, professionalism and breathtaking scenery were beyond any expectation we could have ever imagined. We trusted that everything would be perfect and can honestly say there is not ONE thing we would change. I wish I could explain in this review how amazing our experience was, but there are truly no words. The staff treated us and our guests as if we were their own family members and ensured we had the most amazing night of our lives. Jarred was our maitre d and made sure everything went exactly as planned. I knew with Jarred as our maitre d everything was under control and I have never felt so calm in my life (and I am not a calm person). Cynthia was our bridal attendant and was not only attentive, but also went out of her way to make sure my husband and I were as happy as could be. Michael not only spent hours of planning with us but also spent hours outside in the freezing cold with us to make sure we got the pictures we wanted as well as stayed warm. We were standing in the freezing cold by the water and I was shivering so Michael took off his own jacket and placed it around my shoulders to try and keep me warm. He continued to follow me around during pictures running back and forth with his jacket during any free time to make sure I was as comfortable as could be. Who can say their banquet coordinator gave them their own jacket off of his body in the freezing cold?? Needless to say, we would recommend Beckwith Pointe to every single person we come in contact with. I can honestly say every single guest that walked through those doors and attended our wedding would also agree.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely fantastic venue. Beautiful views, first rate food and drink and top notch service. My wife Kimberly and I just had our wedding reception there on April 18th and our organizer Michael Burbage put together an incredible event together with his staff! Amazing memories!

Christina
11/08/2014

Such a great venue! So intimate and beautiful! The food is incredible and so delicious! Also, the staff is very helpful and does anything to make sure that the bride is worry-free. I just had my wedding there this November and I haven't stopped receiving phone calls and texts about how amazing it was. I couldn't have been any happier with anything that night. Simply perfect.

Christina
11/08/2014

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment we walked into Beckwith Pointe we knew that it was the venue for us. The smell of candles and beautiful fall decor led us to know that booking Beckwith would be the right decision, and we were 100% right. Mike was our excellent and knowledgeable from the first conversation we had with him all the way through our wedding night. Planning was painless, accommodations were easily made and the party was unforgettable. It's been a month since our wedding and people are still talking about it, how wonderful the food/venue was and how attentive the staff was. If there is one suggestion I can make... Get the mozzarella guy! He was definitely an unforgettable extra that people will enjoy :)

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning

My husband and I had our wedding at Beckwith Pointe in October 2014. We couldn't be happier with the entire experience we had working with Michael Burbage and his staff at Beckwith. The food was excellent, the atmosphere was incredible, and the service was impressive. We highly recommend that anyone in search of a wedding venue make a stop at Beckwith Pointe and talk to Mike. You will be glad you did!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything about this venue was amazing. We worked with Michael, and he was so organized and helpful in planning every aspect of our reception. Everyone loved the food and especially the Mozzarella Man. The entire staff did a great job during the night and they set up everything beautifully. Everything was perfect. Highly recommended.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at Beckwith Pointe on October 11, 2014. Michael helped make it the best day of my life. From start to finish he was there with every detail and honest opinions. He answered our many questions and listened to exactly what we wanted. He made sure on the day of the wedding that we had no worry in the world and that wverything was taken care of. The staff was wonderful and helpful. The food was delicious and our guests continue to call us and tell us how amazing our wedding was. I wish I could relive the day 100 times over and I wouldn't have had it anywhere else but Beckwith Pointe. The views are gorgeous and have made some beautiful wedding photos. Would 100% recommend Michael and the entire Beckwith Pointe staff for a wedding or any celebration.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

I cannot say enough great things about the staff at Beckwith Pointe. We worked with Linda through the entire process and she was nothing but helpful and responsive. The day of our wedding rained all morning, but the sun came out just in time for us to take some breathtaking pictures. All of our guests are still talking about how great the food was. We are so happy how everything turned out. It was really amazing, thank you Beckwith!

MrsLugnut
08/08/2014

We had the smaller room, and the water views were incredible. Everything in the room was set up better than I could have ever imagined! Michael was a pleasure to work with. He made everything go extremely smoothly throughout the night and took care of circumstances that I wasn't even aware were going on. The food was excellent, and my guests had so much during cocktail, they were surprised there was a dinner too! Beckwith Pointe made my wedding a wonderful, perfect little fairytale.

Private User
Recently Married

Excellent service. Cannot wait to book another party :)

Jennifer
07/13/2014

They are the most helpful, friendly, and accomodating venue. Linda was the best! Everything we wanted we got. She went above and beyond to give us the wedding we wanted. The food we heard was fabulous. We wish we can go to another event as guests so we can enjoy everything. The bride and groom never eat so its okay. Absolutely no complaints!