Barton Strings

Barton Strings

Austin's Professional String Ensembles

Austin, TX 78723 | map
Arrangements: Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Solo, Instrumenta...
Instruments: Cello, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Piano, Trumpet, Viola, V...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Barton Strings did an absolutely fabulous job for my wedding. I wanted a string quartet and could tell from their website that they were very talented. That being said, the actual performance far surpassed my expectations. They played a prelude of my favorite hymns (they assured me they could play anything out of the hymnal, not just what was on the website) and also played for the processional and recessional. I had a guest (who happens to be a music teacher) come up to me at the reception to tell me that the music gave her goosebumps. I had specific instructions about how I wanted the ceremony to go (I am a musician and this was very important to me). They were PERFECT. It was exactly how I wanted it to go. They were on time, professional, and (most important) extremely talented. It was absolutely worth the price and one of my favorite parts of my wedding day.

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
Leigh Anne
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Being a professional musician myself, the music for my daughter's wedding was so important to us. My daughter asked if I could select the music for the ceremony so I chose pieces that were dear to my heart but not necessarily in the standard wedding repertoire. Three of the four pieces were new to The Barton Strings trio but they happily searched for appropriate arrangements and performed them like they have been playing them for years. They were so professional and easy to work with. I was thrilled with their attention to detail, their beautiful tone quality and their musicality. They made this mother of the bride very happy!

• Wedding: 03/09/2014
Carolyn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tracy and her group were sooo responsive to us and in a very timely manner. They played special requests and even used an arrangement we ordered for them. The music was Bach to Beethoven to Beatles and it was beautiful. We had several professional musicians as guests and they all told me how wonderful the quartet was. They made the sunset ceremony very elegant and complete..I happily recommend Barton Strings Quartet to anyone!!!!

• Wedding: 01/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

At our recent wedding, Barton Strings played for the ceremony and cocktail hour, and they were amazing! I figured with members of the Austin Symphony I couldn't really go wrong, but they were even better than I'd hoped for. In addition to sounding great, they were punctual, professional and very pleasant to work with through all phases. They have a ton of selections spanning classical, rock and jazz, and their website makes it very easy to listen to samples and customize your individual playlist. They can perform in many different configurations (we used a trio) to fit budget and style, and their pricing is very reasonable! Instead of it being background noise, the music added so much to our event, and our guests raved--thank you Barton Strings!

• Wedding: 10/31/2013
Stefanie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Tracey from Barton Strings to choose our playlist for our ceremony. Our ceremony started about 15 minutes late due to late arriving guests, so they kept playing the prelude music without missing a beat. They executed everything flawlessly from beginning to end!

• Wedding: 10/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Barton Strings for our daughter's wedding ceremony and cocktail hour in October and was so very pleased. The music was exactly as we requested and the changes from one song to the next was flawless. Their music added so much to our daughter's wedding and we received many compliments on their music. From the moment we first started talking to the end of their program, we could not have been happier. Of all the vendors we worked with for the wedding, they were one of the easiest and we give them our highest recommendation!!!!!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

One could not hope for a more professional group of musicians with which to work. Our contact, Tracy Seeger, as do her colleagues, has a highly impressive classical music background, and it was a total pleasure to work with her. Her warmth and flexibility were a bonus to the planning process, and we are so very pleased that they could provide the music for our ceremony at Laguna Gloria and the set for our cocktail hour. A talented and wonderful group!

• Wedding: 05/26/2013
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Could not be more pleased with Barton Strings! I actually used them for my own wedding back in June of 2010 and when I was helping plan a wedding this May they are the first strings company that came to mind. We had an unexpected hiccup the day of the event and if it were not for Barton Strings the transition would not have happened so smoothly. To keep it short we had to usher guests to a cocktail hour before the ceremony to fix what we could not control at the time; the ladies of Barton Strings jumped on board and immediately went to the cocktail space to play light jazz type music which inevitably got every guest that way so that we could fix the hiccup and be on our way to a magical ceremony asap!

Thanks again to Tracy and everyone at Barton Strings! We truly appreciate it!

• Wedding: 05/26/2013
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The string quartet that played at our wedding ceremony and reception was exceptional. I grew up classically trained in piano, and my family has long enjoyed listening to chamber music, and while we don't consider ourselves musical experts, we do have trained musical ears. We knew Barton Strings would deliver a lovely performance (just listen to their repertoire on their web site and review the accomplished backgrounds of their musicians), but we were blown away by the high quality and the caliber of their performance in person. We picked classical pieces for the ceremony - Bach, Pachelbel, Vivaldi, and their delivery was absolutely breathtaking. I had multiple guests tell me that the ceremony music moved them to tears! In addition to classical, they have a large list of more contemporary pieces, and our guests thoroughly enjoyed the mix of both at our reception. My parents and I decided early on in our planning that music was one area of the wedding where we would not cut any corners, and we are so happy that we had Barton Strings play at our wedding events as they added an intangible quality to the overall wedding experience. Aside from the music, as a busy bride, I truly appreciated their responsive communication, their helpful suggestions and their extremely professional manner. They truly made my wedding exceptional!

• Wedding: 05/11/2013
Valerie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Barton Strings provided our ceremony music, and it could not have been a better experience. We worked with Tracy, and she was so great. We had a seamless/stress-free experience with them, and the music sounded beautiful!

• Wedding: 05/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Barton Strings was an integral part of our wedding. Prior to our big day, Tracy worked with us to determine a timeline and finalize our song list. She was incredibly flexible when it came to adding some of our unconventional song requests, which included ones ranging from Mexican rancheras to Depeche Mode ballads. The day of the wedding, Barton Strings' ceremony and cocktail performances were stellar! The guests are still raving about them!

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
Stephanie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Barton Strings provided a string quartet and a trumpeter for our wedding ceremony. All of the selections were beautiful. We had a classically trained musician as a groomsman, and he raved about what a great job Barton Strings did (especially the trumpeter). I would highly recommend them to other brides!

• Wedding: 04/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Barton Springs was EXCELLENT! We wanted very specific music for our wedding and they were open to all our ideas. They helped us find a solist and pianst as well. I would HIGHLY recommended Barton Springs for any wedding. I have gotten numerous compliments on the music of our ceremony.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Barton Strings added the true worship experience we wanted for our daughter's wedding celebration. Tracy helped me during a difficult time of planning and made it much easier. Music was beautiful! Thank you so much.

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The trio that played at our wedding was absolutely fantastic. They were very professional and the music was so beautiful, it was like our wedding guests had come for a concert and got to stay for a wedding. Thank you again for working with us and for the beautiful music you played- you helped make our ceremony truly special!

• Wedding: 03/23/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They were perfect! They played pretty traditional music during the ceremony, but we walked out to "All we need is love" by the Beatles. Then they play more contemporary music during the cocktail hour. They have a huge song list and it was hard to narrow down what we wanted during the ceremony. They arrived on time and were VERY timely with responses - this was a huge deal for me as several other string groups did not get back to me for several weeks.

• Wedding: 01/21/2012
512-445-6864
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards