Barren Ridge Vineyards

• Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Barren Ridge was a great location for our wedding! The venue is beautiful and I love the variety in spaces that you can use throughout the night. We got married out in the field, had the cocktail hour at the bar and the patio, and the reception upstairs and throughout the space.

We looked at several other vineyards around the area and this was our favorite for the wedding because of the wine, friendly staff, price, and location. My main complaint would be that the staff was not overly responsive and I often had to wait a week or two to hear back when I had questions (I think they lost the event person right after we booked). However, in the end, the owner Shelby sat down with us and made sure that everything would go according to plan. We ended up having to do a lot ourselves, but I think that is part of why they are a bit cheaper than some of the others. They did set up the chairs and tables upstairs for us, but they do not have their own ceremony chairs so we had to rent those. They let you mix and match cases for the wedding also which is very nice since they have so many great wines.

Everything went great the evening of the wedding, so we are very happy with the venue overall!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
Private User
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The scenery alone is enough to make this venue worth the money. The staff is great, extremely friendly and overly accommodating. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone interested, worth every penny!

Barren Ridge Vineyards responded with the following comments:

Thank you very much for your kind review Jessica! It was a pleasure working with you and Ben, and we're delighted that you were pleased with your experience at Barren Ridge. Best wishes to you both!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was perfect. Everything about it.

Barren Ridge Vineyards responded with the following comments:

Thank you very much for your review Laura! We are delighted that your wedding day was everything you hoped it would be and were honored to have been part of it!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely an amazing venue...stunning, guests loved it, and the people to work with are so helpful and prompt! I could never have made a better decision!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely amazing. Came in extra early so I (the bride) would not panic about having time to decorate and finish everything up. Super pleased

• Wedding: 08/04/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was now a year ago, but it was so perfect and special. John and Shelby are great, the staff was wonderful, the wines were fabulous, the setting was pristine and we honestly couldn't have hoped for anything better. We had loads of guests from out of the country who were stunned by the quality of the venue and the wine.

Tip = Ask Talcott Limo to drive your guests from out of town to the Vineyard. They're actually near by and gave us a great deal; and it meant that people who were unfamiliar with the roads around the area could enjoy the wine without having to worry about driving.

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Barren Ridge Vineyards is a gorgeous setting for a wedding. Everyone who attended said that our wedding was the "most fun" wedding they had ever attended. Part of the reason is that there are several different areas that guests can go to chat, etc. The outdoor patio has spectacular views of the mountains, and the tasting room offers a great indoor option for guests to sit and visit.
The only possible negative is that the upstairs reception room doesn't hold more that 120-130 people if a band and dancing are involved. I strongly recommend that anyone get married there!!!!

• Wedding: 05/25/2012
Virginia
1 Review
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The venue was absolutely beautiful! The employees worked with me to ensure my wedding day was what I imagined. The only slight mishap was with the sound system, but they worked hard to fix the problems before the reception.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would highly recommend Barren Ridge Vineyards to other couples looking for a ceremony/reception venue. The location is absolutely beautiful -- our ceremony photos have the sun setting over the vineyard in the background. Really stunning views. I felt the location was perfect for our wedding -- it was convenient to have the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in one location, but we were able to have the ceremony outside, the cocktail hour in the tasting room, and the reception in the room upstairs, so that the guests weren't stuck in one place the whole time. All of our guests commented on what a beautiful and unique location it is, and so far, our photos look amazing due to the beautiful background the vineyard provides.

Kadie and the other staff at Barren Ridge were wonderful to work with. She met with us several times to go over details of the wedding day and was always very responsive to my emails and questions, especially as the wedding day approached and my questions multiplied. :) They were very flexible with us, even closing the vineyard to the public a bit early so that our ceremony could start before sunset, and allowed us to pick up all of our stuff the day after the wedding, rather than having to deal with it all at the end of the night.

I can't say enough about Barren Ridge. The location was perfect, the staff was excellent to work with, and the price is very reasonable. I would highly recommend it to other couples.

• Wedding: 10/22/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Barren Ridge Vineyards provided a beautiful venue for our wedding. The price for rental included use of the space and tables and chairs in the reception room. It would have been nice if they had provided chairs for the ceremony but overall, the experience was great!

• Wedding: 10/08/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I couldn't be more happy with Barren Ridge if I tried!!! It was a GORGEOUS vineyard, and my pictures are stunning because everywhere you turned it was beautiful.

The venue was wonderful to work with, very flexible, and has several different outdoor and indoor options to choose from. I ended up having my ceremony outdoors on the patio overlooking the vineyard, the cocktail hour in the tasting room, and the reception in the Audrey Blackford Room, a large room upstairs that holds 150+ people with a dance floor.

The wines were great, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and I have absolutely no complaints about anything. SO glad I chose Barren Ridge for my wedding!!!

• Wedding: 06/11/2011
540-248-3300
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire