Barnyard Photography

Flexibility:
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I really enjoyed working with James and his assistant on our big day. They were calm cool and collected as I was rushing around. They were a lot of fun and kept us laughing and playing around during our group shots which always could have turned out dull and calculated. The guys were on time and were always willing to take time out to do whatever we asked of them. I am very pleased with my photographers and I'm super excited to see the final photos!!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Being a bride on a budget I spent a long time researching photographers until I found Barnyard Photography. I primarily did all my communication with Sean who is awesome, he worked a payment plan out for me for the deposit which was really helpful and answered tons of emails! James ended up shooting our wedding and was on time and really flexible. I have a large family and James did a good job trying to get all the traditional photos, although I did notice the groom was missing in a family photo where he should have been included (given the circumstances it was a bummer but things happen). James got some amazing photos with our whole family which is a great keepsake, really fun ones of my husband and I running through water on the beach and truly captured the feeling of our day- the images of people laughing as cake was smashed in my face is priceless!

I felt it took a really long time to get the DVD and additional photos we paid for (which were sent separately since they were ruined from the printing lab- a simple heads up would have been appreciated) but the good news was Barnyard did deliver as promised and I really appreciated that- we got to show all our family the photos at Thanksgiving- perfect timing!
A few suggestions I would make to Brides- Barnyard does not take a list of poses or shots, so maybe make one and carry it with you, or have someone do it for you so you don't forget- James was very accommodating doing what we asked in the moment, but there were a few things I forgot and wished I remembered! I'm sure James would have taken them had I asked!
For Barnyard I would suggest that if a client does not have the photographer for the whole time of the reception ( like us), if possible, "stage" the bride and groom's departure and end with that, looking back on our beautiful photos, I really wish we would have done that! Thank you so much!

• Wedding: 10/05/2014
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I originally went with Barnyard Photography because I liked the booking process. A lot of other companies made it difficult to find pricing and get package details; Barnyard has all of that information available and allows customers to book online. This made my life so much easier!

Dan was our photographer for the wedding. I spoke to him a couple of days before to go over some last minute details; he also had me email him a list of must-have photos for the day of. He arrived at the hotel ahead of schedule and was able to get some extra shots of us in the room getting ready. He has a great personality and made everyone really comfortable the entire evening.

I picked a difficult location for our family and bridal party pictures, but Dan was awesome about it and was able to get some amazing shots. We were on a crowded peer in the Inner Harbor with the sun shining on us; when we got our pictures back, the lighting was perfect and there were no crowds in the background! They came out so beautiful!

Dan was funny, creative, and professional. We got married in an aquarium, and he seemed genuinely excited to adventure around the aquarium with us to find the perfect photo locations! He got all of the pictures we asked for, and he was very attentive during the reception.

One last thing! When our pictures were available, I was so excited that I didn't read the full email saying they would send us a complimentary disc of all our pictures. So of course, I went on right away and ordered a disc. I got an email the next day asking if I wanted another disc or if it was a mistake. I’m so glad they checked with me and canceled the order for me! This is a great company to work with.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

John was absolutely amazing. He was very attentive and sweet with me and my girls. He had a check list in his mind of what I wanted and he nailed it! He let me take the reins and get a few specific shots that I really wanted, and then he would see the artistic side and pull together some amazing placement and lighting shots. Couldn't be happier!! Can't wait to get the pictures in! Would use them 100 times over!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Photography was the most important vender for my wedding. I wanted to have those perfect memories of my special day, and I couldn't be happier with how they all came out. From initially talking to Sean via email to speaking with the photographer, to the wedding day, and even after when I saw the pictures online for the first time... I was happy and at ease with the entire process. They are organized, attentive, detailed, professional, and simply wonderful individuals. You can tell this is their passion and they do an amazing job! Will use them over and over.

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Barnyard Photography to shoot our 9/6 wedding at the Cauffiel House and Blue Ball Barn in Wilmington. We were very happy with the service Sean provided. He was very flexible, particularly in adapting to our last minute change of venue when our wedding site informed us three weeks prior to our date that we were required to relocate. Sean helped plan our logistics and made sure we had plenty of time for photos before we lost daylight, and had a great attitude shooting outdoor photos under umbrellas when our outdoor ceremony was rained on. Five weeks later, we received 725 excellent photos. We are very satisfied with what we've received and think it was an excellent value.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Highly recommend Barnyard Photography! Dan and James were our photographers and they were both amazing! They showed up on time, even with me changing Dan''s arrival locations day of! We just got our pictures back and they are exactly what we were hoping for! My husband and brother are both photographers and so are much more difficult to please than myself, but even they are happy with the photos we received! Both gentleman were great at choosing "poses" for us that fit our style wedding and personalities but were also willing to let us direct ourselves at times and just capture the moments! They were wonderful to work with and made this girl, who hates getting her photo taken, comfortable being in front of the camera! Thanks guys for capturing our day so perfectly!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Casey
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sean and his team at Barnyard Photography was incredibly helpful and excellent to work with, especially for an out-of-state bride. Any questions I had were immediately answered. When my wedding was assigned a Photographer, John who was amazing, he called me multiple times to discuss all of the specifics, details, and timing of the wedding. It was so nice that he wanted to be on top of everything and always asked the specific types of pictures we wanted. The overall experience was great and I would absolutely recommend them to friends and family.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
2.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.5

We used Barnyard Photography to rent the sound system for our wedding. We picked up the sound system on the Thursday before our wedding and arranged for a friend who was driving through Delaware on his way home to drop it off the day after the wedding. When we picked it up, we arranged for the drop off - we were told our friend should call before leaving Pennsylvania for specific instruction for the drop off. Unfortunately, his calls were never answered or returned on that day or even the following day. We had to get in touch with Barnyard on our honeymoon to attempt to take care of the situation, and they did not at any point acknowledge their mistake or miscommunication, instead stating that they did not have any missed calls about it. While the value of renting the sound system was right on target and the system itself was easy to use, the customer service was completely lacking. If you decide to work with this vendor, I would recommend taking advantage of their drop off and pick up services so you don't run into a similar problem.

Barnyard Photography responded with the following comments:

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience with us. We have contacted you privately to discuss, but have not yet received a response.

We always attempt to offer the best customer service possible. In your case, we received your email on a Sunday evening, and responded promptly on a Monday morning. While it is true that we have no record of the calls in question; we did respond promptly to your inquiry, and offered assistance. We have included a copy below, for reference.

=====

Good morning,

We are sorry to hear about your unsuccessful attempts to contact us. We are not certain what happened, though we do not have any missed calls or voicemails.

We would be happy to have your friend visit one evening during the week. You are likely still out of town on your honeymoon and we understand completely if you would like to have us contact your friend directly. If you have contact info for them we would be glad to give them a call.

Please let us know how we can assist.

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We couldn't have asked for much more than what Barnyard Photography provided on our big day. Sean was wonderful to work with, capturing all of the moments we wanted and plenty more. He was not only very professional but also more than willing to listen to us in the days leading up to the big day and on our wedding day as well, all the while adding his own creative touch. And the end results were wonderful with so many great pictures to enjoy. Through the entire wedding process, Barnyard Photography was amazing to work with. You can't go wrong with them, especially Sean!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had an excellent experience with Barnyard Photography. Everyone we worked with was professional, courteous, pleasant, and honest. We were extremely happy with the services they provided on our wedding day. We truly enjoyed having them at our wedding, and we absolutely love the pictures. Excellent quality for a very reasonable price! HIGHLY recommend!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

An amazing experience - didn't bat an eye at two brides! Leah Wax went above and beyond. We cannot wait to see the finished product.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We choose to go with Barnyard Photography because of their price and value for what you get in the packages they offer. We ended up doing a engagement shoot as well as two cameramen for our wedding and we couldn't be happier. David Naples was amazing to work with and I love our pictures-- especially all of the candid shots they took of us and our families -- we will definitely be contacting them for more pictures as our lives grow together -- thanks so much Barnyard Photography!!!

• Wedding: 07/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 4.5

My wife and I looked at various places for a photographer/videographer combination. We decided on Barnyard Photography after meeting with them in person and seeing their quality of work. We received our video and photos not too long ago and we were very happy with everything. The photos were just as good as many photographers we looked into prior to the wedding that were charging twice as much just for the photography alone on a basic package (compared to the total of both photography and videography for us). The professionalism of both the photographer and videographer were excellent. We had our wedding at Rockwood Park Carriage House and the photographer took great pictures there, as well as good ideas for photo locations. I highly recommend them based on the quality of service for the price. Lastly, you own the proofs to your photos after the wedding. Many photographers will not do this to make sure you buy the photos through them. We own all the proofs which allows us to give the copy the disc of photos to whomever would like it. This is a huge money saver as well.

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
Services Used: Photography, Videography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I couldn’t be happier with our experience with Barnyard Photography. They were extremely professional and made the whole process from start to finish seamless. I was a D.I.Y. bride so this was very, VERY, important to me. My emails were always promptly answered and as our wedding date neared and I became increasingly frazzled, Dan, our photographer, reached out to us by phone and made sure he knew exactly what our vision was and made note of our special photo request. Needless to say this put us at great ease.
In true D.I.Y. fashion, our wedding day came and we were completely off our time schedule by an hour and I felt like everything was going wrong. You would never get that from our pictures. Dan handled the situation effortlessly and our pictures look amazing. We are so impressed with the creativity and quality of our photos. We feel so blessed we are able to relive our wedding day in such beautiful photos. We would recommend Barnyard a million times over to anyone!
-The Kostadinov's

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I chose Barnyard Photography for our Wedding Day for numerous reasons. We looked into a few other photography sites but Barnyard Photography really stood out to us. Their website clearly explained all picture packages, prices, and extra services they offered and they were willing to meet with us to answer any questions we had. Our photographer was Sean and he was so great! He really made our bridal party feel comfortable while taking pictures and it was a lot of fun! He was willing to go above and beyond to ensure that we had all the pictures we wanted and also had some great picture recommendations! Our gallery was ready only 4 weeks after our wedding day! Such a quick turnaround for such outstanding pictures! My husband and I have so many great memories of our wedding day and now we have beautiful pictures to capture them! Would definitely recommend them to future couples!

• Wedding: 06/20/2014
302-295-0992
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards