Barb Wired LLC

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Barb and her team were wonderful. We hired Barb early on in wedding planning, but our main concern/need was help during the weeks leading up to and the day of the wedding. Barb handled all of our timeline, vendor coordinating, final confirmations, etc. so that we could focus on family and friends and enjoying the day. She also made many helpful recommendations for other vendors and events that we would not have found otherwise.

We also had a weather "hiccup" with a fast arriving (and quickly departing) thunderstorm over our outdoor vineyard wedding. Barb and her team were able to coordinate with the venue and all of the vendors so that we could do the cocktail hour first and wait out the rain, and then were able to get married outside. She pulled it off perfectly and as if that was the plan all along. We would not have been able to do it without her! It was an amazing night, and Barb and her team were absolutely critical to pulling it off.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

One of the biggest pieces of advise my husband and I give to our friends is to get a wedding planner! Barb and her team were top notch. They clearly knew what they were doing and shared several helpful tips throughout our entire engagement. Barb seems to always be available through e-mail and always made an effort to have our ideas come to life. The wedding day was so smooth! It was wonderful having Barb to coordinate with all of our vendors (most of whom she'd worked with before) and she came up with a itinerary for the day. She had several ideas and tips for things that we hadn't even thought of and she was so calm & helpful the day of. She even had a headset & would tell the bartender to bring the bride a drink :)

Recently Married

Barb Wired is a fantastic wedding planning team! They went above and beyond to help me and answer any and all questions along the way. They found my dream venue and the whole evening was perfect! They strive to give the bride and groom a flawless day/evening and it shows! I was never once stressed because I knew they had everything under control. If you or someone you know is getting married I would strongly suggest getting a wedding planner and there is no one like Barb Wired!!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

We could not have made it through our wedding planning process without Barbara. Though my husband and I currently live in California, when we became engaged, we knew we wanted our wedding to be in Charlottesville as the town holds a special place in our hearts for various reasons. As I began planning, I quickly became overwhelmed by the challenges of organizing a wedding from a distance. I realized I was not familiar with local venues and vendors, and on top of that, a three hour time difference and miles of distance made coordinating phone calls and meetings difficult. We hired Barbara and everything changed.
Barbara is very well connected and highly respected within the Charlottesville wedding industry. After our first conversation, I knew I was in good hands. Planning became fun as Barbara guided us every step of the way. Despite the distance between us, Barbara always made time for my calls and was always extremely prompt in her email responses. She is a busy lady, but she always made me feel like I was her first priority—I truly don’t know how she did it! We are forever grateful to Barbara and to her team for working so hard to create such a perfect day for us. Through the craziness of the day, they were always smiling and ready to jump in and assist with whatever was needed. I know everything ran so smoothly because of the hard work of dedicated and passionate people. My husband and I were able to enjoy our guests and relax at our reception knowing Barbara and her team were taking care of everything behind the scenes. Seeing Barbara the morning of my wedding was like seeing a friend. I was so happy to see her and have her with me. Aside from being an incredible event planner, therapist :) and voice of reason, Barbara is a lovely, warm, caring person. I feel I made a wonderful friend in her and I look forward to staying in touch. To those beginning the wedding planning process. do yourselves a favor and hire Barbara. I promise she’ll take great care of you!

Recently Married

Barb Wired came highly recommended to us, and as soon as we met them it became clear that they were seasoned professionals who'd seen and done it all. They were perfect--unobtrusive when we needed to be left alone, and there immediately when we needed them. Particularly in the last couple of months, Barb and her staff were absolute lifesavers, coordinating all our vendors' details and saving us innumerable headaches. They were warm and personable without being pushy, and respected our needs and wants while offering their own (usually spot-on) ideas in a straightforward and low-key manner. The day-of coordination was seamless, and it was a huge relief to be able to tell the guests who came to ask us for logistical details, "just ask the lady with the clipboard--she's the boss." Our only regret is that we don't have "the lady with the clipboard" to run the rest of our lives!

Recently Married

We had a great experience with Barb Wired! Barb was very responsive before our wedding and did a great job helping us to manage all of the vendors required to execute an outdoor Hindu wedding. Barb and her team also provided great day-of coordination that helped to keep our wedding events on time (!) while making the weekend stress-free for the entire wedding party.

10/11/2014

I thought that hiring the manager at our venue as a day-of coordinator would be enough for us, but it really wasn't. Doing that still leaves you on our own to shop and source vendors, negotiate contracts, all while never knowing if you're getting taken advantage of. It feels like you have no one on your side. Barb and her team are there for YOU and you only - they are YOUR advocates and will help you navigate a complicated industry so that you have the best experience possible.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I was extremely impressed and pleased with how Barb Wired and the staff created "magic" for our daughter's wedding. It was everything she had wanted it to be and without Barb it certainly would not have been! I felt like I was a "guest" at the wedding, with no worries and just there to enjoy it. No matter what questions we had, Barb was always available and so resourceful as well as creative. Her recommendations were helpful and she was never pushy if we decided to go another route. I would highly recommend her services. My husband admitted after the wedding that after seeing her in action there was no way we could have done it ourselves without having a major catastrophe! Thanks so much Barb for keeping us all "sane and happy" and helping us create a beautiful wedding!

Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning

I'm the kind of Dad who pays a lot of attention to details, always looking to ensure all my bases are covered. But I know that when I find like-minded people, I can only then start to relax some. I have to say - the folks at Barb Wired made me feel so comfortable coordinating our wedding at Trump Vineyard, that I was able to truly enjoy the wedding, totally care-free. Shelly and Morgan did a fantastic job for us and I couldn't be more pleased. What a fantastic wedding. If my daughter's twin gets married in this area, I know who I'll be calling on again! :-)

Davina Vaswani
09/06/2014

Barbara Lundgren is THE expert of wedding planning. She is organized with project planning templates and extremely professional. Her and her event planning team at Barb Wired are friendly, courteous, and a joy to work with. The team communicates well and made us feel very comfortable throughout out the planning process.

We had a traditional Indian Hindu wedding, which comprised of a Sangeet (Rehearsal Dinner/ Dinner-Dance Party), Wedding Ceremony, and Reception. There were a lot of moving parts and given the size and remote locations (gorgeous venues!! that Barb helped us pick!) we were able to put together the most intricate plan for a wedding!

Barbara's calm demeanor made all of the events go through smoothly. She worked through any last-minute changes and pressure gracefully without worrying me, the bride, or my family. She handled any obstacles and came up with solutions on her own and then informed me of the challenge and the solution afterwards so that I was in the loop and didn't have to worry at all!

Barbara is well-connected with the most talented and professional vendors to create what I call a DREAM TEAM that truly made our dream wedding come true. It was such a hit! Our guests are still raving about the events.

Barbara, the Barb Wired team, as well as the vendors that comprised our DREAM TEAM are so dear to our hearts. We left the wedding feeling like we had an extended family. They treated us with respect and love.

I highly recommend Barb Wired to any Bride, Groom and their families. It will be a magical and unforgettable experience. You will also end up with life-long friends!

Cheers to Barbara Lundgren and Barb Wired!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Barbara and her Barb Wired team created a wonderful atmosphere for my daughter's wedding. All we had to do was show up and everything else was taken care of. It was a magical day and Barb Wired made it possible.

Thank you for everything!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Hiring Barb to help us with planning ahead of the wedding day, and coordination on the day itself, was the best decision my daughter made. Having Barb assist us along the way seemed like a gift to me, as the mother of the bride. Barb and her staff helped me completely enjoy this special day, and both my daughter and I were relaxed because of her excellent service. Barb also made recommendations on various vendors and we were thrilled with each of them.

1+ year ago

I hired Barb with the intention of having her be the day-of coordinator for our wedding. I was worried about some logistics (most notably, transportation to the UVA Chapel from two different hotels in such a short time frame) and the small details that I -- never having been married before -- would be likely to forget or not know in the first place.

When my fiancée and I spoke with Barb for the initial consultation, we both knew she was the right choice: personable, experienced, and extremely competent. We had tons of questions, and she had answers for everything. She doesn't have a "day-of" plan, so we hired her for the "month-of", which meant we got her help with some of the vendor coordination and logistical concerns in the month or so run up to the wedding.

She saved our butts on transportation and helped guide us through things (like the ceremony details) that neither of us had a clue about. She made both the rehearsal and the wedding day go very smoothly, and we had no issues in large part thanks to her.

It is hard to say all that she did for us, but I think that the low level of stress we both felt (and my mother-in-law felt) on the day of the wedding was a direct result of her guidance and help through the process.

If you're looking for a wedding coordinator or planner in Charlottesville, you'd be a fool not to hire her.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Barbara and her team did an AMAZING job for our wedding at the Visitor Center at Monticello. We can't thank them enough for ensuring that every detail was covered and that everything ran smoothly throughout the night. Barbara and Shelly were incredibly thorough using checklists that included every vendor and timelines telling every member of our wedding party and immediate family exactly where they needed to be and when (which we desperately needed with all of our wedding party and both of families coming in from out of town)! Our families are still raving about how professional, sweet and helpful Shelly was at the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. The key to a perfect, stress-free, and well organized wedding is the team from Barb Wired!! I would recommend them to everyone! They are the best investment you will make for your wedding!

1+ year ago

Barb and her team did an amazing job with my wedding! She was attentive to all the details, and unloaded the burden of the day off of my family and I so we could enjoy ourselves. If there was a hitch during my wedding, it is totally unbeknownst to me due to Barb!

Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
1+ year ago

When our daughter and future son-in-law asked me and my husband if they could be married and hold the reception at our home in Midlothian, VA we were overjoyed! I thought that a relatively small (65 guests) home wedding would be a breeze. My daughter and I soon realized that a wedding and reception is much more complicated than a cocktail party or family BBQ, particularly since I was in Midlothian, and my daughter was living and working out of state. Barb was wonderful! She came out to our house twice before the wedding to give us advice on the logistics of an outdoor home wedding (plus a rain plan) and to meet with the caterers when they came for their site visit. Barb was very good about keeping in touch with my daughter and me through emails and phone calls. This kept us always "in the loop." I am so glad we hired Barb! She and her team made sure everything ran smoothly from the wedding rehearsal through the ceremony and reception. They took care of the details and logistics so that everyone was able to enjoy the wedding!