Bar Harbor Catering Company

Bar Harbor Catering Company

Modern. Maine. Love.

882 State highway 3
Bar Harbor, ME 04609 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Ser...
Maximum capacity: 1000
Bar services: Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium Liq...
Quality of Service:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I could give Mandy and her team a 6 I would! From planning through execution, the food, service, and design were amazing! Mandy worked with us to find the perfect menu to fit our wants and budget. The guests at our wedding raved about the food.

The stationary antipasto station was beautiful. We also had mini grilled cheese in tomato soup shooters (the presentation on these was so cute in a mini martini glass), chicken satay with really good peanut sauce and brie and maple puff pastry, all of which were delivered to my groom and I while we waited to be announced. For dinner we had butternut squash risotto, chicken "under a brick" which was so juicy and delicious, Asian braised pulled pork with Asian slaw and chilled green beans with a mustard dill vinaigrette. For dessert we wanted to do something fun so we opted for a "make you own" s'more station (they bake their own gram crackers and make their own marshmallows! we also got some amazing rosemary budino tart-lets and my favorite, Italian Zeppoli!

Each detail was gorgeous. Attention to detail, both in matching their presentation with my decor and in the impeccable service was unmatched by any wedding I've ever been to. To be honest I didn't even notice the staff. They were so professional; plates seemed to clear themselves. I HIGHLY recommend Bar Harbor Catering Company to anyone who loves good food and expects good service. You won't be disappointed!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mandy of Bar Harbor Catering Company was wonderful to work with! She was very knowledgeable and responsive, and had perfect suggestions for our wedding. Because she'd also worked multiple events in our venue, she was able to make me feel confident that everything was in hand. And the food was excellent. We had a traditional Maine lobster bake with corn on the cob and potato salad, and everyone had such a fantastic time cracking lobsters and serving each other family style. The lobsters were so fresh and salty and good - when we first hired Mandy, my husband and I got a huge kick out of the fact that the lobsters would be caught fresh by Mandy's S.O. just for the occasion. My only comment on the service is a *tiny* one: BHCC had set wine glasses out at the place settings for dinner, and when dinner began, one server was going around pouring wine for guests, but the other was taking up the empty glasses, no questions asked - and people definitely wanted wine! I think there was some confusion there, but it got smoothed out. I would definitely recommend Mandy and BHCC to anyone looking to have their wedding on MDI or in the Downeast Maine area. She and her team are fantastic.

• Wedding: 08/09/2014

Wow!
Mandy and her crew played a major role in making our wedding day a truly special day! From creating our menu to clean up we could not have asked for a more professional group. They even had a cold coke waiting for me as I got into the limo at the end of the night ! They think of everything and it was a pleasure to work with them.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Dorrie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We can not say enough good things about Mandy and her staff at Bar Harbor Catering Company. First things first, the food was amazing from the apps (spring rolls, crab cakes, tempura shrimp, bruschetta bar), to the main dishes (prime rib, chicken, veggie stack and scallops w/ sides) to the desserts (pies & ice cream!) also homemade bread, salads and dressings. We also had BHC do our lobster bake rehearsal dinner which all our guest loved! Everything was delicious! I truly wish I lived closer and could call up Mandy to order dinner from her some nights because I have been craving all our wedding food!
Mandy is there with you through your whole wedding planning process and really goes above and beyond in ever aspect. Emails are answered promptly, she has great ideas and suggestions for decorations, etc., she sets up and dismantles your entire wedding and really has an eye and passion for her work.
During our cocktail hour she assigned a waiter to come around with just apps for us, if people tried to take one the waiter would politely say that these were for the bride and groom only. There was also another waiter assigned to our bridal party to make sure we all ate and got to try all the apps. We thought this was awesome! Looking back now if she hadn't done this then I doubt I would have had a chance to eat!
We had late night snacks of cheeseburger sliders, sweet potato fries and flat bread pizzas, these were amazing and everyone ranted and raved about them!
At the end of the night they sent us home with doggie bags of some bruschetta and late night snacks to have back at the hotel.
When we arrived at our venue the next morning to clean up, the place was spotless, all our decorations were packed away & organized and all our left over pies were packed up and ready to be taken home to eat at a later date.
Like I said, we cant say enough great things about BHC! Everything was just simply amazing and I would recommend using them for any event!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bar Harbor Catering Company was a pleasure to work with. The food was OUTSTANDING....as was the service and presentation....they even helped with design. Experience could not have been better!!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
Olivia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My new husband and I absolutely cannot sing enough praises about Bar Harbor Catering Company to do justice to the remarkable catering work that Mandy & her staff provided at our rustic chic Maine wedding! From the extraordinary tasting we attended last year to the full evolution of our wedding fare, Mandy was so accommodating and easy to work with, incorporating all of our requests into the most incredible edible experience. The staff were extremely considerate and friendly, and provided skillful professional service. All of our guests were blown away by the delicious food and we kept getting feedback that the food was a world apart from traditional wedding fare. Every little detail was paid meticulous attention to and we were so happy that plates were prepared for us so that we wouldn't miss out on the wonderful nourishment! Mandy even provided an impromptu addition to the menu for a few of the youngsters at the reception with not-so-adventurous palates. We highly recommend Bar Harbor Catering Company to you for whatever your occasion may be, and we are positive that Mandy & her staff will provide you with impeccable cuisine and expert service.

• Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From start to finish Mandy was a pleasure to work with. She was always responsive and flexible to the ideas we had. The food was simply delicious at our wedding. I appreciate the care she and her staff took to make our day special. Sincerely Melissa & Mark Dupuis San Francisco, CA

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
Melissa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food was excellent and the set up was everything we imagined and more. Everyone also kept complimenting how kind and accomodating the staff was! They also made sure my husband and I were taken care of by bringing us our own special tray of the appetizers, making sure we got our own chance to eat! The dinner set up was absolutely beautiful with every little detail you could every want. Mandy is wonderful to work with, very easy-going and accomodating.Thank you so, so much for making our special day absolutely perfect!

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
Rani
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mandy and the Bar Harbor Catering Company team is absolutely incredible. Above and beyond the incredible food (think new restaurant with a wait, NOT generic wedding dishes), personalized planning, and responsiveness to our detail-oriented bridal behavior, BHCC was the solitary breath of fresh air surrounding our big day. Despite endless rain, moving the ceremony one day before, and more or less every other thing that could have gone wrong, Mandy and Co. kept us calm and kept the evening moving flawlessly with the same attention to detail and quality. We couldn't have been happier.

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
Dana
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mandy and her staff were outstanding, and she went above and beyond---helping us with small details, coordinating things, and even running out for plastic cups when we ran short on time. The food was amazing, and everyone loved it. We will recommend Mandy to everyone who is needing an event catered on the island, and we will certainly use her for future events. ~Alyson Gill and Eric Cave

• Wedding: 08/03/2012
Alyson
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mandy was the absolute best. She took care of EVERYTHING - even picked up my cake for me! She put me at ease about everything, was extremely accommodating, and super nice.

The food was beautiful and delicious. It was perfect. Everyone was super impressed at how good the food and catering was. I trust and recommend Bar Harbor Catering 100%

• Wedding: 06/23/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great food & professional staff. Highly recommended!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mandy and Bar Harbor Catering was absolutely amazing! I met Mandy when I asked her if she had any food samples to taste before we booked her and did an official tasting. She showed up at our house with a lobster pot-pie and we booked her immediately. Bar Harbor catering continued to impress us at the tasting where everything was so delicious that we couldn't even make decisions on what food to pick. We were worried that scaling up from a small tasting with 4 people to a wedding with 150 people might drop the quality of the food, but all of our guests were raving about the food all night. People said it was not only the best food they had at a wedding, but the best food they had ever. I cannot say enough about how impressed I am by Bar Harbor Catering Company. I would recommend them to any bride in the area.

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely the best food any of my guests have experienced at a wedding. Everyone raved! Some even said it was the best food they ever taste anywhere! Every detail was perfect and Mandy and her staff bent over backwards to meet all of our wishes. My daughter was the happiest bride I have ever seen.

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I know 5 stars proabably seem gratuitous or false, but my wife and I truly cannot say enough about Mandy and her staff at Bar Harbor Catering. She catered our wedding on MDI which was no easy task, we had to bring in everyhting from tents and chairs, right down to the kitchen to prepare all the food, and the outcome couldn't have been better. From the start Mandy worked with us on tailoring every aspect to our liking, even providing suggestions that we hadn't thought of. All of our guests are still raving about the variety and quality of the food...from the traditional prime rib, lobster sliders and even our requested Philly inspired "cheesesteak eggrolls".

Her and her staff are extrememely professional and handled all the details with care and extreme detail, we truly would have been lost without her. It was the first event of this size my wife and I have planned, so having her expertise at our disposal was invaluable.

I would use Bar Harbor Catering in a second, and suggest them to anyone planning an event large or small where spending time with your guests comes before spending time cooking.

Jen and Nate

• Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mandy and her staff at Bar Harbor Catering Company were professional and courteous. I had guests with special dietary needs and they said that the wait staff remembered and catered to them and their needs all night. Everyone including us agreed that this was the best wedding food they had ever had. The hors d'oeuvres were out of this world. Form start to finish - the catering was amazing.

• Wedding: 09/25/2010
Merrilee
207-664-8474
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards