Balch Hotel

Balch Hotel

Experience the Sunny Side of Oregon!

40 Heimrich St

• Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After visiting several venues during a trip to OR for my destination wedding, I found the Balch Hotel through an online search. My husband and I live out of state, and so we weren't able to visit the Balch in person prior booking, but after speaking with Samantha over the phone, I knew this was where we would be married. From that moment forward, I obviously had many exchanges with Samantha, as I was planning from out of state. Each time I needed to speak with her, she was quick to reapond, polite, kind, and incredibly thoughtful. By the time my wedding day arrived, I felt as though I was having my wedding at a dear friends venue. Samantha was there to wish me well, give me a hug, and make certain that we had everything we needed.
In addition to the excellent service I received, the venue itself is absolutely stunning. From the gorgoeus chandeliers in the lobby, to the view of Mt. Hood, and the immaculately manicured lawn to the charming guest rooms, this venue is amazing. My guests were blown away by the beauty of Hotel, and it made for the most unforgettable, personal, and magical day I will never forget. Thank you Samantha and Mari-Beth for an outstanding day, I look forward to visiting you both in the future.

• Wedding: 10/18/2012
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

An old black and white picture of the Balch Hotel enticed my fiancé and me to make a trip to Dufur and check it out as a possible venue for our September 2009 wedding. Little did we know that we would fall in love with the character and charm of this 1907 hotel as well as find life long friends in the owners, Jeff and Samantha Irwin. We immediately knew The Balch Hotel was exactly the place for our wedding, due to its warm atmosphere and great views of Mt. Hood. Over the next year we stayed at The Balch Hotel occasionally and developed a friendship with Samantha and Jeff via cribbage, competitive sports stories, food, and the love for all things old.

Our wedding gave us a chance to stay with family and friends as the hotel encourages you to mingle in common rooms. Samantha and Jeff greeted each of our family members as their own. We could not have asked for more compassionate people to assist us with our wedding. The colors of the grounds with the contrast of the brick building provided the perfect canvas for a wedding celebration. Our families could not stop complementing us on our choice of the hotel as well as the wonderful hostesses, Samantha and Jeff. It will be remembered by all of our family and friends as a spectacular weekend.

• Wedding: 09/12/2009
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
541-467-2277
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire