B.R. Cohn Winery

Profile Picture
Private User
Recently Married
3.6

The site is absolutely GORGOUS!!! All outside and rustic and enchanting. Pictures of the scenery are out of a movie. The venue is going through a few site coordinators though and their contract is a little vague.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

B.R. Cohn was one of the last venues my husband and I looked at, and after our first visit it became our absolute favorite. The property is positively breathtaking, with rolling vineyards as the ceremony backdrop and a gorgeous but quaint grove of Olive Trees as the setting for a lovely reception. The staff at B.R. Cohn made us feel as special as our friends and family would have, and our wedding day was completely perfect. The option of being able to choose your vendors (the best ones in the area are on their preferred list, which made it easy) and bring your own champagne and beer was so refreshing, as most venues these days do not allow for flexibility. We got married in the amphitheater, saw each other before the ceremony at Fox Hill, had our cocktail hour at the amphitheater, and our reception in the Olive Grove. It was the best day of my life!

Profile Picture
Private User
2+ years ago

We were married at B.R. Cohn Fox Hill Site. While I am a professional event planner and hired a day of wedding planner we pretty much had everything covered. Fox Hill is beautiful. We wanted the organic wedding feel and place our guests in the middle of the vines. This was a complete destination wedding and most of our guests have never experienced a vineyard before. While the site fee was expensive for just holding the ceremony it’s what we wanted so we went for it. We signed our contract in November for an October wedding and the months leading up to the wedding it was sometimes difficult to get in touch with the wedding planning staff to give my vendors the arrival information they needed. Overall the staff was helpful the day of and worked great with my wedding planner. I wasn’t too much involved with execution. I noticed in the other review the mentioning of the tip. This was in the contract and being in the business vendors has the right to put this in... Just note of it if you’re planning for BR Cohn. Overall my photos are beautiful and my ceremony was perfect. That’s all we could ask for and we got it.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

B.R. Cohn Winery is an amazing location, the grounds of the winery are beautiful. We had our ceremony out at the Fox Hill location which is out in the middle of the vineyard, 360 degrees of vines and shaded by big beautiful oak trees. Fox Hill is very organic and naturally beautiful. This is the reason we choose B.R. Cohn. Why get married in wine country if your not going to enjoy getting married in the vines? Our cocktail hour was by the pool, its a great location overlooking the vines, it's more structured than organic looking, but still beautiful and a nice change of setting. The reception was in the Olive Grove, its a grassy area with 140 year old olive trees with a white fence with shrubs to make the area intimate.

Their is a required tip of 5%, I guess I didn't realize it was in the contract or wasn't included. I don't understand why required payments aren't just included in the price. Overall the price is pretty pricey, but it is wine country and comparable to everything else we looked at. (I heard the price when up when getting married at Fox Hill since we got married, this is pretty disappointing since it is so amazing out there.)

Paula, the main wedding coordinator was amazing. She is very helpful, caring and full of ideas. She gets the full 5 out of 5 stars. Her assistant, which I was told was one of the owners daughters invited her friends or sisters at the end of the night. They came in clubbing outfits and mingled and danced with our guests. It was really weird to have party crashers, unprofessional and annoying because they'll now be strangers in my photos.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I were very pleased with our wedding. All of our guests were well taken care of and some even talk about to this day. My grandmother passed last year and the family used a photo of her from the wedding as the funeral centerpiece. The staff was very courteous and we even had the late winery dog, Moose, at our reception. We are approaching our six year anniversary and I can say it was well worth the money.

B.R. Cohn Winery responded with the following comments:

Happy 6th year anniversary !! Come visit us soon !!