B & B Light and Sound Dj's

Professionalism
4.7
Value
Flexibility

Love Rick!!!!!!! Always professional, and great sense of humor!! He will definitely make your reception memorable :)

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

You're the best Krystal. Can't wait to party with you again :)

Services Used: DJ

Rick from B&B Light and Sound was our DJ at our wedding on May 2, 2015. The minute we met with him a year and a half before our wedding, we knew he was the right guy for the job...and yes, meet with him that early, because he does book up far in advance, and we quickly found out why. He's a genius at what he does. He was always very prompt on returning any phone calls or emails on any questions we had. He would meet with us whenever we needed to go over something, and was always very polite and very professional. During our wedding reception, we truly could not have asked for a better reception. Within the first thirty minutes, 3 people had already walked up to us and asked "who's that DJ? He's great!" Rick just "has it". The natural ability to be absolutely flawless at what he does. He played the exact type of music we asked for, and he has the personality for being a DJ up until the very end. We truly would not recommend any other company except for B&B to do any event wedding or event...if you pick anybody else, you're missing out. Thank you for everything Rick.

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

I'm so glad you let me be part of your special day :) The party was great and your guests were even greater. They were totally into having fun with me!!!

I wish you both a lifetime of happiness. Thanks again for having me.

1 Review
Recently Married

We are all so thankful that you were able to setup the two photo booths for Schuylkill Valley Elementary Family Reading Night. We truly appreciate all of your hard work, especially so last minute with the change in date as a result of several snow days! Everyone had a fabulous time getting their picture taken. Your staff members were beyond professional. They were setup well in advance, they were incredibly respectful and considerate of our building, they looked the part, and they could not have been more kind. Parents, students, and staff really enjoyed themselves. We will gladly recommend your services to anyone who asks!

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

I'm so glad the photo booths were a big hit. I can't wait to work with you in the future :) Thanks again for having us.

Services Used: Photography

Rick Bean was the best DJ and made our wedding the best day ever. Everyone had a blast and we all danced the night away! :)

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

Thanks for having me Nichole :) Your party was AWESOME!!!!
I wish you two a lifetime of happiness and I hope we get to party again someday :)

0.9

utterly disgusted does not begin to describe how I feel about the photo booth rental we used on our wedding day.
first let me say that when I booked the photo booth I told Rick the owner that there would be a lot of kids at the reception. not once did he ever say that his photo booth would not be a good fit with the kids. So I now have tons of pictures of the tops of a lot of kids heads.

Second the volume on the video message in the photo booth was evidently not checked before being brought for my reception, evidently it is not something they regularly check. so now I have tons of video messages that the only thing you can hear is the sound of the pictures printing.

I am very disgusted that when I emailed Rick after going through the flash drive of pictures and video messages that his response was that his photo booth does not work well for kids, and that his reason for purchasing the booth was for people to make asses of themselves. Really? so I have now spent a ton of money for pictures that you cannot tell who they are and video messages that I cannot hear. what a waste of my money.

I would not recommend this company for their photo booth. the two gentlemen that were manning the booth were totally oblivious to what the kids were doing and if they had been actually doing their job I might actually have some decent pictures.

I have never been so disappointed in something as much as I am with this.

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

Talk about utterly disgusting, these people let their kids run wild throughout the entire night. These are $10,000 photo booths, NOT TOYS. WE ARE NOT BABYSITTERS!!!!! NO photo booth is made for little children and babies. They don't come with ladders or stools, so the parents have to hold them or boost them up. Anyone with common sense reading this will agree with me. The booth is kid friendly. The props excite them and they really get excited when the picture prints out, but there has to be some PARENT RESPONSIBILITY. I'm not going to be sued for a child falling off a ladder.

You can leave all the bad reviews you want, but I'm not going to jeopardize my employees or my future business because of some clueless parents.

We were disappointed in you way more than you were disappointed in us. You should be a shamed of yourself.

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Terry was seriously the best DJ ever! Corporate holiday parties always run the risk of being so very boring and bringing folks out of their awkward shell is a real challenge when they are partying with their bosses! Terry had an effortless way of making the whole room pay attention. He has a great voice with enthusiastic intonations that made him hard to ignore, whether he was calling out a raffle ticket or announcing dinner. He played fun not tired music and a great mix that appealed to everyone. He had a deep rooted laugh and a twinkle in his eye and made every person in the room howl during our not-so-cheesy holiday games. The best part was, he was laughing too! I am definitely asking for him by name at all future bookings! Great job Terry!!!

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

It makes me smile when I see great reviews like this. Terry will be thrilled that you loved his work. No doubt he'll be excited to work with you again for years to come :) Thanks again for having us Aparna.

Services Used: DJ

The guys at B & B were amazing for our wedding! Kept the energy high and had everything under control for the planning of events at the reception! Very professional and most importantly FUN! The whole planning process to the reception was very easy and fun. Always got a prompt call or email back with the answers to any of my questions. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a great and stress free event! Thank you guys for an amazing reception on the most stressful day of my life!!!!!!

Kristy and David Evans

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

Thanks Kristy and David for having us!!! I'm glad you loved Ben's energy. I keep telling people we're the best DJ's on the planet :) I hope you spread the word to everyone you know. You were an absolute blast to work with.

I wish you two a lifetime of happiness!!!

10/18/2014

Rick Bean was such an important and wonderful part of my wedding day! If I could give him higher than a 5* I would. He played our ceremony music, dinner music & reception music perfectly! He kept the guests dancing by playing not only our requests but the right music to keep everyone on the dance floor. Our friends still talk about how great our wedding was, & i know he played a big part in that. He helped run some games that we wanted during our reception, he was fun, considerate & very professional. I would definitely recommend him to other brides without hesitation. THANK YOU Rick Bean!

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

You guys are making me blush :) You deserved a great party and I'm so glad I could make it so much fun for you and your guests. I'm just doing my job and hopefully the passion I have for my work really showed during your reception. I loved working with you!!

I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Great job with the dj. Everyone was on the dance floor, there was not a dull moment. One song was not played, however Denny kept the party going!

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

Thanks for the review Elissa. I'm glad you enjoyed Denny's energy and DJ skillz :)

Wishing you two a lifetime of happiness and wedding bliss!!!

Services Used: DJ

B & B did an awesome job with our Wedding. They were very attune to our guests and what was keeping them dancing. I cannot thank them enough for making it a party and being an awesome DJ!

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

Thanks for having us Jena!

I'm glad you enjoyed Denny's work. He said your guests were dancing and having fun all night.

I hope you have a wonderful life together!!!!

Services Used: DJ

B & B did an amazing job on keeping the party going at our reception! If you want to have fun and dance! Be sure to use B & B they are amazing! They are upbeat and keep the party moving! They price is very reasonable!!!

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

Thanks for having us Tracey!

I'm glad you enjoyed Terry's work. He said your party was awesome!

I wish you a lifetime of happiness!!!!

Services Used: DJ

Rick was so awesome at our reception. He didn't just make announcement and play music like most DJs. He was engaging and entertaining. Our guests were very impressed with our reception and they (and us) loved having him there. The photo booth that I rented from him was so much fun! It was a huge hit! Rick even worked with us and our constrictive budget. So glad that I found him. 5+ stars!

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Katie for the awesome review. Your party was rocking from the beginning and I'm glad the dance floor was packed all night. I'm also glad the photo booth was a big hit :)

I wish the both of you a lifetime of happiness and I'm so glad you let me be part of your big day.

Services Used: DJ

Communicated every detail of our wedding to Rick with ease and our suggestions/requests were always well received. I changed our first dance song 3 times during the week of the wedding! We had Terry as our DJ and I could not have asked for a more friendly, professional, fun, flexible person to get everyone dancing at our wedding. He was fun, he interacted with guests, and he touched base with me (the bride) to review everything day of which I really appreciated. I gave a 4.5 in responsiveness because sometimes Rick took a little while to get back to my emails, but never about anything that needed to be answered immediately. I was thrilled with our experience, I would highly recommend Terry and B&B to anyone who wants to worry about one less thing during their wedding day.
I also got my videographer through B&B, his name is Fred from "Your Day Productions." Fred was over the top friendly, considerate, and I had my highlight clip LESS THAN 24 HOURS after our big day. He was flexible and I truly could not have asked for a nicer person to follow me around on my wedding day! He made jokes he kept things light and he captured moments I didn't even know had happened. He made my "first look" with my dad memorable, and I can't say enough about him. Thank you Fred!

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

I didn't respond as quickly because my family and I were on vacation the week before and my kids started school and my son had his birthday all in the same week as this wedding. I'm glad I was able to get back to them at all :)

I'm so glad they were happy using B & B and in particular DJ Terry and Fred our videographer.

Best wishes to you both and a lifetime of happiness!!!

Services Used: DJ

Rick Bean was our DJ for the evening, and boy did he rock the evening! Our dance floor was never bare, and good music was played all evening. My husband and I never once thought "Man this is a terrible song". Rick had a great sense of humor that left our guests laughing all evening. His skill and talent truly showed throughout the whole evening. Along with the fantastic music, we had the photo booth. The photo booth was an added fun feature for our guests, the time it began to closing time; the booth always had a line! The props were amazing, and left people enjoy their selves. Along with the photo booth is an option for your guests to leave a video message. My husband and I watched these videos and we found ourselves hysterically laughing. Thank you B&B light and sound for a night to remember. Our guests talked about our DJ for the next few months after our wedding!!

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

Thanks for the AWESOME compliments Kara. Your wedding kicked butt. I am pretty funny sometimes :) LOL

I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful life together!!!!!

Juliette
07/12/2014

Fantastic DJ! Rick kept the dance floor active and played a great variety of music. Our package also included a photobooth and videography. Outstanding value!

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

Thanks for using B & B. Your party was a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes to you two and a lifetime of happiness!!!

Services Used: DJ, Videography
Recently Married

Rick was great to work with! He kept everything so alive at the reception and was very professional about it all since we had so many kids at the wedding! You won't be disappointed with him!

B & B Light and Sound Dj's responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the great review. I LOVE KIDS!!!!!

Hoping you have a wonderful life together :)