Avalon Entertainment

Avalon Entertainment

Maryland's First Choice for Wedding Entertainment Serving MD. DC. VA. & PA.

427 Ingleside Ave
Catonsville, MD 21228 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

He provided the music that entertained the entire cloud .My family said it was the best wedding they ever went to.The video entertainment that went along with the music was especially nice for those who did not wish to dance.I highly recommend Jose Castro for you event, he's the best!

• Wedding: 12/06/2014
Becky
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dj Jose was awesome! He responded via email promptly. Our wedding party showed up later than expected due to picture taking, and he quickly had a plan about how to still accomplish all we wanted on our special day! He even stayed an extra 30 minutes because we were late!!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Becky
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired DJ Jose Castro to provide the sound for the Ceremony and DJ for the reception. He did an amazing job throughout the entire Wedding! We met with him prior to the Wedding, going over all the details to include song introductions, must play, do not play, etc. He was extremely easy to work with and flexible. He played all the songs we asked for and our guests danced the entire night. We received multiple compliments. He had a light show and subwoofer making it very unique to the other Weddings we have been to. He did a great job as a DJ and would highly recommend him for any type of party or Wedding!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Castro was amazing! He went far beyond his responsibilities as DJ. In fact, practically the first thing he did when we met at the wedding reception was offer me a cold bottle of water. He was very flexible and patient with me from the beginning and went the extra mile in everything. He even found all the special request music I asked for, including foreign songs.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jose from Avalon Entertainment went above and beyond all expectations. Not only was his communication and professionalism superb, every guest at my wedding has commented about how great the DJ has been on how on point he was with the music. I highly recommend Avalon Entertainment for your next event for a DJ. Thanks again Jose for everything.
Paul and Erin.

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jose Castro was our DJ and provided the ceremony music as well for our wedding. He was very good at keeping the tempo and energy of the event appropriate and fun. He was very considerate of our wishes and didn't let our guests hijack the entire playlist (we had one group dance that he got our permission for first!). Jose was very organized and made sure everyone was were they were supposed to be, helped keep us organized and worked with our day of coordinator to make sure the whole evening went off without a hitch. My husband and I were incredibly pleased with the quality and professionalism of Avalon Entertainments services, would strongly recommend to other event holders in the Baltimore metro area.

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jose was our DJ and MC for our wedding and he was fantastic! His price was very reasonable compared to some of the quotes we were getting in the area. He listened to our requests and had many helpful suggestions and he was always professional. Me had 2 meetings with him before the wedding, one of which was at the venue, to ensure that he knew how things were going to go the day of. And, it was good to run through the timeline with him and details of name pronunciations and music selections etc. Our music was a mix of pop/R&B and Latin and he did a great job mixing the genres. I also sang for my husband as a surprise and Jose helped me figure out when that would work best, plus he had superb equipment! He was also a great MC, we had a wedding planner so that helped but he communicated well with everyone to keep things on schedule and making announcements as needed. Most importantly, we always felt that he did whatever would make us happy, like changing a song during the reception even thought it was on our list, or adding a song last minute. I highly recommend Avalon Entertainment for any wedding or event!

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
Letizia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have worked with Jose for the past few years on various events as a wedding planner and banquet captain. I knew right away that I wanted him to DJ my wedding. He is very responsive and understands every client's needs. There were a number of difficult song switches and mixes that I needed, and he performed those with ease. Everyone had a great time at my wedding and he played exactly what I wanted him to.

I wanted my cocktail hour to be all New Orleans Jazz Music and he presented some wonderful ideas for incorporating zydeco. He is awesome to collaborate with.

If you want your wedding or event to run smooth by a calm and collected person, you've found your DJ!

• Wedding: 04/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Awesome. He is able to look at a room and know what song to play to get people moving. great value and service. you wont regret having this guy DJ your event.

• Wedding: 09/20/2013
Thomas
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jose Castro was great! All the music choices were arranged in a wonderful manor that appealed to people of all ages. My requests were played, as well as what I didn't want, and last minute requests were granted.

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
Emily
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have recently worked with DJ Jose Castro at Avalon Entertainment for a wedding this spring and I have to say he was a breeze to work with! With such a busy schedule, he made it so simple to complete any information or lists needed. Prior to the event, and day-of, he was great with troubleshooting any obstacle. He was able to really connect with the crowd and really fed off the vibe of the party. I would highly recommend him to anyone planning an event!

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
Lauren
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Out of all the vendors we worked with or our wedding, Jose at Avalon Entertainment is the only one I would unqualifiedly recommend to anyone looking for a DJ. He was professional, did a great job and was very easy to work with. Most importantly, he made the entire process less stressful for us- the most important quality in any wedding vendor.

• Wedding: 05/26/2013
Dan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Cristian Rogers was our DJ and we could not have had a better person to lead us through the evening on our wedding day. We had many compliments from our guests about how the music choices kept everyone on the dancefloor all night. We also worked with the owner of Avalon who helped us with great ideas that no one else we had met with before had suggested.

• Wedding: 04/13/2013
Larry
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jose Castro was great. He has an amazing music selection. He was very professional during pre-wedding meetings and offered good suggestions for timeline and songs. He read our crowd very well and kept the dance floor full the entire evening. He listened to our suggestions and played the songs we wanted as well as others he thought the crowd would enjoy. I highly recommend his DJ services.

• Wedding: 03/16/2013
Stephanie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jose DJed our wedding for us (including ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception). Very professional and prepared. Played great music. Had great suggestions for us when we met ahead of time. Pricing was very good and they did not nickle and dime us. I will recommend Jose and Avalon to all my friends.

• Wedding: 11/03/2012
Andy
410-206-7947
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment