Avalon Entertainment

Value
Flexibility
Chris
06/27/2015

I searched at least ten different vendors and by and far Jose @ Avalon was the most responsive, responsible and reasonable. I felt totally comfortable throughout the whole process.

K
06/06/2015

DJ Jose is very professional and flexible. After telling him what we want, he completely fulfilled our requirement in the wedding. As we preferred no dancing, he helped us to prepare a game that made the guests entertained. We are glad that we had him as our DJ.

L
06/06/2015

Avalon Entertainment was great! They were very flexible and helpful throughout the planning of our wedding. They did a fabulous job with our ceremony and reception music!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

I knew that I wanted to work with DJ Jose after two of my relatives had him DJ their weddings. Both of those weddings were so much fun, with the dance floor packed the whole night and I knew I wanted the same one day. He was very good for our families, who share a Latino background. He mixed the American hits with Salsa, merengue, and other latin hits wonderfully!

I didn't even talk to any other DJs. I had heard his work and loved his approach. He isn't overly involved in the wedding and isn't a DJ who will be obnoxious and loud over the mic.

Jose is responsive, organized, and reliable. On top of all that, he is just a cool guy. He was a pleasure to work with, and also helped us make a video montage of the two of us growing up. It was very time consuming to scan the images and organize them, but Jose was kind and patient with me throughout the whole process. The video was a beautiful part of our day. And the best part....my dance floor was packed until the very last song, just like I always wanted!

I would recommend Jose to any bride. We loved him! Thanks Jose!

Services Used: DJ

DJ Jose Castro did an absolutely fantastic job at our wedding. We wanted to incorporate songs that my husband's family from India would enjoy dancing to, as well as the songs that my family and our friends would love to hear, and Jose seamlessly combined them all. He downloaded every song we requested if he did not already have it, and seemed to know exactly what to play and when to keep everyone on the dance floor all night! My husband actually looked out from the dance floor at one point and pointed out to me that almost nobody was sitting down. On top of all of that, Jose did an excellent job moving our extremely complicated schedule along (2 ceremonies in one day with 2 cocktail hours and a reception). When a major traffic incident delayed our wedding by 1.5 hours and the schedule we had talked about went out the window, Jose rolled with the punches and was instrumental in keeping everyone comfortable and entertained as they waited. As the reception started, he adjusted the timing of every dance and speech perfectly so that we did not miss a thing despite the late start. Most importantly, my husband and I had an absolute blast and danced the night away, and many of our guests said it was the most dancing they've ever done at a wedding! I was so impressed with Jose's professionalism, calm demeanor, and talent in getting everyone involved in the fun. He absolutely nailed it! Highly recommended!

Katherine
05/02/2015

DJ Jose Castro was professional, easy to work with and helped make our wedding reception one that our guests raved about! His online planning tools for event timeline and playlists made it easy for my husband and I plan out our reception and communicate everything to Jose at once. He worked behind the scenes with our caterer and photographer to make sure everything went smoothly. I'd highly recommend him!

Recently Married

We had to book our DJ within 6 weeks of our wedding date and were very pleased that DJ Jose was available. From the begining he helped bring my stress level way down and guided us through the whole proces offering ideas and music suggestions. At the wedding our guests had an awesome experience, we have had many compliments from our guests that this was the best wedding they had ever been to. Thanks DJ Jose

Becky
12/06/2014

He provided the music that entertained the entire cloud .My family said it was the best wedding they ever went to.The video entertainment that went along with the music was especially nice for those who did not wish to dance.I highly recommend Jose Castro for you event, he's the best!

Recently Married

DJ Jose Castro was responsive, easy to work with and kept everyone dancing all night. We really liked his online planning tools, and he took over the parts that we hadn't figured out or cared about music selection. Everything was great! He even asked permission from the groom before our friends grabbed a mic and sang a song. Working with Avalon/Jose was easily one of the best vendor decisions.

Becky
10/18/2014

Dj Jose was awesome! He responded via email promptly. Our wedding party showed up later than expected due to picture taking, and he quickly had a plan about how to still accomplish all we wanted on our special day! He even stayed an extra 30 minutes because we were late!!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We hired DJ Jose Castro to provide the sound for the Ceremony and DJ for the reception. He did an amazing job throughout the entire Wedding! We met with him prior to the Wedding, going over all the details to include song introductions, must play, do not play, etc. He was extremely easy to work with and flexible. He played all the songs we asked for and our guests danced the entire night. We received multiple compliments. He had a light show and subwoofer making it very unique to the other Weddings we have been to. He did a great job as a DJ and would highly recommend him for any type of party or Wedding!

Recently Married

The bride complimented Avalon on the ceremony activity. It was quite a production for 20 inutes.

1+ year ago

DJ Castro was amazing! He went far beyond his responsibilities as DJ. In fact, practically the first thing he did when we met at the wedding reception was offer me a cold bottle of water. He was very flexible and patient with me from the beginning and went the extra mile in everything. He even found all the special request music I asked for, including foreign songs.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Jose from Avalon Entertainment went above and beyond all expectations. Not only was his communication and professionalism superb, every guest at my wedding has commented about how great the DJ has been on how on point he was with the music. I highly recommend Avalon Entertainment for your next event for a DJ. Thanks again Jose for everything.
Paul and Erin.

Services Used: DJ

Jose Castro was our DJ and provided the ceremony music as well for our wedding. He was very good at keeping the tempo and energy of the event appropriate and fun. He was very considerate of our wishes and didn't let our guests hijack the entire playlist (we had one group dance that he got our permission for first!). Jose was very organized and made sure everyone was were they were supposed to be, helped keep us organized and worked with our day of coordinator to make sure the whole evening went off without a hitch. My husband and I were incredibly pleased with the quality and professionalism of Avalon Entertainments services, would strongly recommend to other event holders in the Baltimore metro area.

Letizia
05/17/2014

Jose was our DJ and MC for our wedding and he was fantastic! His price was very reasonable compared to some of the quotes we were getting in the area. He listened to our requests and had many helpful suggestions and he was always professional. Me had 2 meetings with him before the wedding, one of which was at the venue, to ensure that he knew how things were going to go the day of. And, it was good to run through the timeline with him and details of name pronunciations and music selections etc. Our music was a mix of pop/R&B and Latin and he did a great job mixing the genres. I also sang for my husband as a surprise and Jose helped me figure out when that would work best, plus he had superb equipment! He was also a great MC, we had a wedding planner so that helped but he communicated well with everyone to keep things on schedule and making announcements as needed. Most importantly, we always felt that he did whatever would make us happy, like changing a song during the reception even thought it was on our list, or adding a song last minute. I highly recommend Avalon Entertainment for any wedding or event!