Ashcroft & Oak Jewelers - Beachwood Place

Value:
Flexibility:
(3.5 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The first ring we saw was the one we fell in love with! We were still not sure, so we left.
A week and hundreds of rings and diamonds later, we were at a different Ashcroft & Oak location when we called to see if the ring was still there, and it was.
We went back the next day and bought the ring. We worked with the manager and she was exceptional!!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We have had good relations with this jeweler and bought not only the engagement ring but also our wedding bands from them. I felt like the value was good and I really like the Canadian Ice diamonds.

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The jeweler is located in the Beachwood Place mall, which makes it a very convenient location. We bought the groom's wedding band there, for a good price and it came with a lifetime guaranty to replace if anything happened to it.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We got a great value for our bands when we went during a bridal show!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I really don’t like shopping here UNLESS Kim is working. She is honestly the only one who doesn’t appear to be working on commission. Everyone else there is a bit pushy and is only concerned with getting a sale rather than being patient and letting a bride and groom decide on what's the best choice for them. With brides and grooms who are knee deep in wedding planning, the last thing you want to be bothered with is a pushy salesman. Like is this a jewelry store or a used car lot?

But to but a spin on things, when working with Kim she makes your experience what it should be. She is patient and doesn’t add any pressure to your shopping experience, which keeps us coming back and requesting her each visit. She helped my husband pick out my engagement ring and assisted us in choosing the perfect wedding bands. With the warranty that they offer, you don’t have to take your ring in every 6 months like most and that was ideal for a couple like us with a busy lifestyle. We love our rings and we love the service that Kim provides each time we visit Ashcroft and Oak at Beachwood Place.

• Wedding: 07/05/2013
0.4/5.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

When we purchased the groom's weddig band and when my fiancé purchased my engagement ring, their in store service was nice. But we placed my wedding band on layaway and made a payment and they completely lost all our records. We have had to call and check in since we've been stationed out of state. They have us the run around at all their locations and every single rep we spoke with was rude and extremely unprofessional. The manager we finally spoke with kept interrupting us as we were trying to explain our issue then hung up on us. When we called back to get a name for a complaint they asked for ours in return, as if they'd like to report us. Very disappointing and inappropriate. Don't ever make your investment with them.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
1 Review
1.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Do not use this company. We have had constant issues with them. They nearly lost my engagement ring, (they found it on the floor), ordered the wrong wedding band, and after the two were finally soldered together, the ring came back a whole size smaller than how we ordered it. And now, even after calling corporate, we have to pay for THEIR mistake. Should have went to Kay. DO NOT USE THEM!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

Don't do it their jewelry is cheap and over priced. We have had problems with wedding band and necklace.

• Wedding: 05/26/2012
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

We looked all over for a ring I loved that was in his budget and A&O was the place. They were very helpful and they were even able to upgrade the size of the stone and still stay with in budget. I still go back and get my ring cleaned and scrubbed and the staff is very polite.

• Wedding: 05/12/2012
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got our wedding bands from them and they did an awesome job! I would totally recommend this store as opposed to other larger scale jewelers. They gave us a discount and still lowered the price to something we were comfortable paying.

• Wedding: 02/11/2012
1.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 2.5

very displeased with our purchase from the ashcroft and oak in beachwood mall. we ordered artcarved wedding bands 5 months prior to our wedding. the womens band was nothing but problems since we picked it up and the band never had the artcarved logo. we question whether it was even an artcarved band.
we brought it back once to have it fixed and it still was wrong. i told them they needed to send it back to artcarved over 2 weeks ago and now it's 37 days til our wedding and they are telling me we cannot have it sent to artcarved bc it does not have inscription.
this store is a hot mess!!! nobody should have to question whether their band is a fake when you are spending as much as we did. do not go to this store!!!

• Wedding: 08/01/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ashcroft and Oak is always very professional. I love my wedding ring and band.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.5
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

My fiance purchased my princess solitaire ring from there (Beechwood mall location) and within sixty days..conveniently after the return expiration date the diamond is loose. I call the store speak with a store manager Kim who was very helpful and understanding. I drop the ring off two weeks later when I go to get it cleaned the jeweler says the stone is still loose and has not been fixed. I call the store again, drop it off which takes another week and Im happy it seems fixed. Then a month later againg its back loose. I call the store and speak with an extremely rude and defiant sales rep named Noelle. I was appalled at her blatant disrespect and negative attitude. So this makes the third time that I have dropped the ring off and it has not been six months. I simply can not get an answer from these people, they are always nice upon greeting me in the store, the only negative person I have encountered has been the Noelle person everyone else has been helpful and expressed some type of concern. I also wanted to purchase tennis bracelets 6 for my bridal party along with a ring for my fiance, seeing how the situation is going with my ring, I will NOT purchase my finace's ring, my third band or the bracelets for my bridal party there.

• Wedding: 02/09/2011
0.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

We had purchased an engagement ring from the Ashcroft & Oak store in Beavercreek, Ohio. The sales person promised it would take “no longer then 4 weeks to arrive”. One day after the promised delivery date my girlfriend called the store and was informed that the wrong ring had arrived 2 weeks prior and was shipped back. The new date was now an additional 4 weeks. After complaining that that was not what we were promised she was told “it’s not a big deal it's only 4 weeks .Why is it a problem, did you need it for something?” She asked to speak with the manager and was told he was on vacation but someone would call her. No one called. After leaving messages for 3 days I called and the manager finally called back. I explained the situation and I told him to cancel the order. Since it was a "special" order I was told I could not cancel. Amazingly the ring arrived in 2 days later! A very special event that we had planned e had to be canceled because of the poor quality of communication and service we received from Ashcroft & Oak. Of course my girlfriend had no intention of wearing that ring. We purchased an engagement ring from the Jared store in Miamisburg, Ohio and the selection and customer service were Excellent!! We will never purchase another item from Ashcroft & Oak.

• Wedding: 10/23/2010
2.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.5
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

I got my wedding ring and band here.... then i got it cleaned i had 4 loose stones and by center of my ring has 4 square diamonds in the center of my ring.... they are off center and chipped....have been waiting for my new ring for 2 months... The girls that worked there are amazing... but as for ashcroft and oak... im not very satisfied.. plus the jeweler said that he fixed my ring and it didnt even get touched... so always make sure when you buy a ring here you get the most expensive coverage plan!!

• Wedding: 06/26/2010
0.0/5.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I have had my wedding bands for under 4 months now and have had to have 4 diamonds replaced. I've also had to have it re-dipped 3 times. The first time a diamond went missing, it took around a week to fix. The second time it took 2 weeks and the third time, when they told me it was just loose, it took 3 weeks. I've now lost the 4th and am frankly tired of being without my ring more than I have had it. Even though they have a good warranty system - they've replaced all for free - I should have never had to replace this many or be with out my ring for so long. It is shotty workmanship and poor customer service. I do not even want my ring anymore. I want nothing to do with their business. I would not recommend buying anything from this store.

• Wedding: 06/05/2010
216-765-8400
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.7