ARTISTIC CAKES

Value
Flexibility
Jacqueline
07/18/2015

I can't say enough wonderful things about Martha!! She made our vision come to life from the cake tasting where she was very knowledgeable and patient about explaining flavors and creams. The hard part was narrowing down a flavor! We chose Amaretto with mango mousse filling and amaretto with strawberry mousse and when we found out that Martha could make tres leches cake (my husband's favorite) we were so thrilled. She made it with strawberry mousse, a special request, and my husband loved it! I went out of my way to make sure he got his tres leches slice. We were so happy we had leftovers because we took some cake to a bbq the next day and all my family had cake and they loved it again! My uncle went to visit another uncle, his brother, in Tijuana the day after the wedding so our wedding cake made it all the way to Mexico and he loved it as well. She made our vision even better. Our cake was so, so beautiful and we received so many compliments on it. Martha went with our crazy ideas to do ombre from white to dark blue and she made this beautiful tree design on it. It was even better than we envisioned. My husband and I were so happy when we saw it at the reception. It was a delicious work of art. You will not be disappointed with Martha, she is the best!

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Thank you my dear Jackie, you were and adorable bride and always I will remember you, I think that sweetness run in your family because your cousin was another sweetheart. Any way, I appreciated very much your lovely review and I wish you all the best always specially in your new home...!! Thanks, Martha.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I can't tell you how happy I am with Martha's work! She made the most gorgeous/delicious Tiffany & Co cake for our engagement party. I literally cried when I received it, it was perfect! Martha is such a sweet woman who takes great pride in her creativity. She has a gift, her cakes say it all! She went above & beyond and added some touches that were just perfect for our theme. I highly recommend her for your special occasion! You will not be disappointed.

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much my dear Sam for your great review, you are such a sweet young lady that I enjoyed very much working with your theme but specially with you. Hope in the near future we can work together again, thanks so much for sharing with me your bridal shower picture your fiancee and you are a beautiful couple. Also thanks for the plant and your lovely thanks card.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Martha is AMAZING! I love cake and chocolate so when we were planning our wedding I was loving the cake tasting process. We had narrowed it down to two cake shop options that we were satisfied with but nothing special. Then a friend recommended Martha. I finally found the perfect baker and the most incredible cake I've ever had!

We emailed her to see about her prices, availability and to schedule a tasting. She promptly responded. We paid a fee for the tasting but it went towards our cake fee. For the tasting we drove to her house in Azuza, CA and fully enjoyed the cake tasting. She is very knowledgable about cakes, baking and decorating. She has two massive books of cakes that she has done over the years and she remembers every detail from each and every cake. Martha takes her time with you and answers all of your questions. She helps make the cake of your dreams come true.

Martha is a delight to work with, professional, friendly, creative, energetic lady and knows a lot about cakes:) We had 190 guests but we ordered extra (like 60 extra slices) so that my husband and I could have lots left overs to eat after the wedding. Everyone loved Martha's cake so much that there were no leftovers. I was so sad because for months I was dreaming about her cake. Luckily we had a slice of cake at the wedding. We had three flavors: double chocolate cake with cappuccino filling, double chocolate cake with raspberry mouse filling and double chocolate cake with english toffee filling. Our favorite is the cappuccino filling but they were all very good.

A few days after the wedding we had several guests and our DJ ask who made our cake. We recommended Martha to three guests that are getting married and our DJ.

I plan on working with Martha in the future for any birthday, anniversary or any big events where I need a cake. Azusa is not close to Los Angeles, but her cake and her lovely personality are well worth the drive. I'd recommend Martha to anyone who needs a cake!

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Wow Amber !!!, thanks a lot for this great review and all the details you explained. I loved working with you as well and I am very happy to know you like so much my cakes, hope I see you again...all the best, Martha.

Alisse
06/26/2015

The cake was super moist and sooooo beautiful my guests wee asking wherei got my cake and even Mycenae "noor" wats to add them to their preferred vendors list. So so yummy and Martha was beyond accommodating with our crazy schedules. She and artistic cakes will definitely get our business again with future milestones.

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much Alisse for your great review i had a great pleasure working with Marlon and you...all the best, Martha.

Humberto
06/13/2015

Martha was extremely helpful during the whole process and very accommodating to requests. Her professionalism really stood out and the complete experience was exceptional. Best of all, Martha's friendliness and personality made everything feel very personable.

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much Humberto for your great review, I also had a great experience in working with Veronica and you because every time I needed something you answered right away and you are an very sweet couple.

Facundo And Ingrid
05/23/2015

Let me just start by saying that Martha was a wonderful person and so helpful in every which way. The cake was so marvelous that it actually looked unreal.(that's how good her design and style was) The cake itself was delicious(we had banana/no nuts for the actual cake with natural icing. Fillings we choose were pina colada/top tier, raspberry mouse/middle tier, strawberry mouse/lower tier) Again I can just go on and on about this place, but trust me when I tell you that this is the place to go for all of our future events. Not only for us, but for all of our friend/family.

Again I would highly recommend anyone near(we had to drive about 50 miles) or far to get anything from Martha. She is just a 100% perfectionist and I tell you that you will not be disappointed with anything that she does. I just want to thank Martha for everything she did for us on our special day and us/family/friends will continue doing business with her for all things to come.

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

My dear Facundo and Ingrid, thanks so mucho for this great review !!! :) I want you to know that also for me was such a nice pleasure to meet you and work with you because you are an adorable couple. Was very easy for me to made a beautiful piece because with your great taste made me understand very easy the cake you was looking for. Hope I see you in the near future and events to come in your marriage.

Thu
05/16/2015

Very moist cake!!! Everyone at the wedding loved the cake especially the champagne flavored one with the tiramisu filling. Will definitely go back to order more cakes from her. Highly recommended.

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much Thu and Christina for letting me a part of your special day and I am very happy to know you were pleased with my services..

Robert & Maribel
04/25/2015

Martha Acosta is not only an amazing artist but such a sweetheart!! First of all, our wedding cake was delicious and a work of art!! She made all our dreams and crazy ideas come to life!! We couldn't stop staring at our cake during the reception and remember thinking, "I can't believe this gorgeous cake is ours!!". We received so many compliments on the taste and look of the cake. The cake was so moist and delicious. Martha is professional, responsive and really flexible to accommodate our needs. Run, don't walk to ARTISTIC CAKES for your cake!

Thank YOU Martha!!! I can't wait to plan another event so that we can have more CAKE!!!

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much my dear Robert for this great review...! Was very nice to work with Maribel and you and I want thank you also for the opportunity you gave me to make a beautiful cake and the result of this beautiful cake was in reality the teamwork we did.

Thanks and all the best, Martha.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Martha was absolutely wonderful to work with. The cake was beautiful and delicious - we had guests asking for seconds! I couldn't have asked for anything more. Martha is lovely, and she truly cares about her work. For the tastings, she had the cakes and the fillings separated so that we could mix, match and customize to our liking. She made recommendations on what goes well together, and explained the differences between the fillings. She was very honest about quality and taste. When she showed us photos of her previous work, she remembered exactly which couples the cakes were for - it felt so personal; she really tailors each cake to the couple she is working with. On the day of the wedding, I didn't have to worry about a thing. Martha was extremely punctual and set up the cake herself.

When we were in the process of searching for a bakery and doing cake tastings, our biggest priority was for the cake to taste good. I know that seems obvious, but it actually wasn't easy to find! We did 3 tastings (Martha was the third, and we stopped there!), and the first two were with very reputable companies in LA. We found those so dense and sweet that I could barely eat more than a couple of bites. And we thought, well, if we're spending this much, the guests better eat the whole cake!

So I scoured the Internet, reading reviews and found Martha through the hundreds of glowing reviews. She definitely exceeded our expectations, and I would highly recommend her to anyone that is looking for a cake that is not only as delicious as it is beautiful, but also very reasonably priced.

And even if you are not in Azusa, it is definitely worth the drive! I recommended Martha to a friend immediately after our first tasting, and she will be creating their wedding cake as well!

Thank you, Martha! <3

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much my dear Candace for this great and long review....!! I really appreciated very much your time in writing so many good things about me but also I want to let you know that Matt and you were so delightful to work with.
Hope I will see you again...! Best, Martha.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Martha is like the fairy godmother of cakes. She took my dream wedding cake and made into a reality. My wedding cake was beyond gorgeous. It was one of the biggest highlights of my wedding. I can't thank her enough. I knew she was special when I first met her. Her grater than life personality and willingness to do whatever it takes to make your dreams come true is what made me choose her as my wedding baker. Once we finalized the details of the cake, I gave her 100% control of the dessert table.....I don't do give up control.....EVER!!!!! But I trusted her from the very beginning. I knew she would deliver and she did. She is and always will be my baker for every event. I now offer anyone I know to buy their cake for any event because I know it will not impress at a crazy reasonable price but it will taste AMAZING!!!!!!!! Let me tell you the pina colada is to DIE for!

I recommend her to EVERYONE. I promise you, you will NOT be disappointed. Brides have enough stress planning and doing and making, don't let your cake be one more thing to worry about.

Good luck and happy planning.

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much Zuleida for the great review, for me was a pleasure working with you, your great taste and your very nice venue let me dreamed into enchanting Moroccan night. You will be one of my preferred bride always and your blind trust on me let me to go to the top of the line in every thing.
I know we will see each other again soon....!
All the best, Martha

Cynthia
03/21/2015

Martha was very personable and professional!!! The cake tasting was fun but the cake on the day of the wedding was MAGNIFICENT!!! The details were delicate yet intricate and the cake was DELICIOUS!! All our guests complimented the masterpiece, not to mention the bride and groom were very happy and satisfied!!! A million thank you's to Martha & Artistic Cakes!!!! ❤️❤️

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Dear Cynthia thanks so much for your great review..!! :) I had a great pleasure working with your daughters, now husband and especially you plus the rest of the family.
Thanks for your cake order..! All the best, Martha.

JULIE
12/13/2014

My Wedding happened within 2 months. Coming down to the wire I forgot to order my cake. A friend suggested Martha because her cakes were amazing. Really what can you do with CAKE. Well, I trusted my friend contacted Martha and I ordered my cake unseen and not tasted by me. She made EXACTLY what I wanted simple and elegant with the colors of my wedding. The taste of the CAKE WAS AMAZING!! I had no idea cake could taste so good and to top it off, the price was about $500 less than what I thought I was going to have to pay for over 100 guest. I still have not met Martha, even though she traveled 30 miles to deliver my cake and put the topper on, but I can tell you her cake and the value you get for that cake is value plus!!

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Thanks Julie so much...! for your great review, was a pleasure working with you from the distance and I appreciated very much Maggie recommendation.
Hope I can serve you again...!

Best, Martha.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

In LOVE with Marthas cakes! She designed our wedding cake and it was absolutely gorgeous! It was stunning and people thought it was fake! Not only was it stunning it tasted delicious! We went with her Rasberry filling and it made my tummy oh so happy! Every single guest raved about the cake. We had a sheet left over and people were asking if they can take some home.

Marths is very attentive and gets every detail down. She is quick to respond to emails and calls. She works with your budget and suggests ideas that you would have never thought of. She also gives you options as to what she could do in place of something else or where to get things (brooches, flowers, etc) that could be within your budget. She is truly the best and I will deff keep in her in the books for our next event!

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Thank you Jessica for your great review, I loved working with you and always is a pleasure to get cake orders from your sweet family.
I wish you all the best...!
Martha

Private User
Recently Married

Martha's experience and flexibility was the perfect match for us. She takes her time in knowing what is it that the couple wants. Her attention to detail and her passion for great looking and tasting cake was a hit at the wedding. We got a carrot cake with piña colada filling and it couldn't have tasted better. We were really lucky to have found her. Her personality also made this part of wedding planning enjoyable.

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much Angeles for your great review also I enjoyed very much working with both of you. You are one of my sweetest couple.!
Ah !! thanks so much for Jacqueline recommendation, she already booked me.
I wish you all the best ..!

Martha

Private User
Recently Married

Martha was very attentive to listening to every detail I wanted about our wedding cake. The cake came out looking more beautiful than expected and tastes delicious!! She was very easy to work with and very responsive. Best of all, she was very affordable considering our budget.

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for your great review, was a pleasure to work with you...!! :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I originally found Martha on the wedding wire and I was a little hesitant at first because I didn't know her, but I saw all of her ratings on the website and I figured I would at least see what her services she would offer. When I first met Martha, she made me feel so welcomed and had a sense that I knew her for many years even though we were strangers. She is the most down to earth person you will ever meet. Her prices are amazing and willing to help you in anyway as if you were a personal family member of hers. Her designs are gorgeous and on top of that I got so many compliments on how the cake was so delicious. Mind you my husband and I are not cake people at all by any means, and her cake was delicious. I would absolutely recommend Martha to anyone and everyone that is out there, you will be making a mistake if you don't go with Martha. I'm trying to find reasons like birthday parties or other events just so that I could use Martha's services again. Martha is not only a great cake maker but most importantly an overall great person. Couldn't be more please in the choice we went with Martha.

ARTISTIC CAKES responded with the following comments:

Thank you my dear Silvia for your great review, for me was a pleasure to work with Tim and you, you were a great couple and I am very happy to know I will see you next year for your top tier Anniversary.

All my best for Tim and you, thank you, Martha.