Ariel Music and Events
World Class Music and Event Services
329 Highland Street
Cresskill, NJ 07626  | map
Agency or Band: Band
Band size: Large (6+ musicians)
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Big Band, Classic Rock...

Profile   Reviews (56)   Photos   Videos   Deals   FAQ   Blog   Map
Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Absolutely incredible!!! I cannot explain what a difference Ariel made for our Wedding. Everyone in the band was amazing, and they even got the Grandparents dancing! I can't imagine how hard it must be to play to such a diverse range of age groups, but these guys got it down. They looked to us for some tips on what we like/ don't like, but for the most part they just use their experience to read the crowd. Very responsive, professional, and most of all, they ROCKED THE HOUSE!!!
Wedding: 11/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ariel Entertainment, a name that will forever be etched into our memories. They vividly, emotionally, musically, and professionally captured our wedding. Ariel Entertainment was the one venue that we didn't know of prior to our wedding. We just began our search through best bands in the area, and came across the highest rated. Upon first email Elizabeth had us hooked. Through one meeting, phone conversations, and long emails (being long distant) Elizabeth made us feel right at home and knew exactly what type of atmosphere we wanted for our wedding. They performed not only for a wedding but for a great show! We loved everything they provided for us. We felt that music is the most important key to a great party. Ariel Entertainment went above and beyond, a party we and our family/friends will never forget. I highly recommend them, and also you encourage to look at their website and question/answer site if you ever have any questions about what a group of professional musicians should be like. Thank you so much to everyone!
Wedding: 09/07/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
I can't say enough great things about Ariel Entertainment! They had my entire wedding party, including two 80+ year old women in wheelchairs dancing the night away-I kid you not! They were a fabulous band! I found Ariel on the Knot by just reading their rave reviews. Everyone seemed so happy with their performance, I had to find out for myself. Elizabeth was more than accommodating to my needs and my budget. She returned every phone call and e-mail in a timely manner. I even heard from her while she was on her vacation! Ariel learned my special first-dance song and my father-daughter dance song. They were open to anything I threw at them and honored all of my special requests. My wedding would not have been the same without them! Every guest commented on how the music at the wedding was wonderful! They played the perfect mix-something for all ages-and they had everyone dancing the ENTIRE wedding! They really are amazing and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great band to play at their special event.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My mother put down a deposit on Ariel based solely on hearing them play at another wedding. My now husband and I were so nervous because we had never heard them and hadn't even started looking into entertainment for our wedding. We signed up to attend a Ariel Event on a weeknight in February and crossed our fingers that we like them...we were relieved to find that we absolutely LOVED them. We were so impressed and entertained by the variety of music they played and all of the brilliant musicians in the bunch.
I asked the band to learn a surprise song for my walk down the aisle and they made it happen beautifully and discreetly so that my mom could be surprised. Our guests were so complimentary on the music mix and the ability to keep almost the entire wedding on the dance floor all night! Elizabeth was very flexible and very attentive during the entire process. My friends and family are still raving about it- I highly recommend Ariel to anyone planning a wedding or other large event.
Wedding: 08/25/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ariel Music and Events is the best wedding band out there!! Everyone is still talking about how great they were! My dance floor was completely full all night, and Ariel did such a great job of judging the crowd and mixing up the music. Our guests ranged from 4 years old to 85 years old, and everyone danced the night away! Elizabeth Greene is extremely professional and easy to work with, and the whole band is so nice and fun. I can honestly say my wedding was the best party I've been to, and Ariel is definitely responsible : )
Wedding: 08/10/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were very very pleased with Ariel Entertainment for my daughter's wedding. The band is highly accomplished musically and able to keep the evening lively and entertaining. It was not a wedding with people sitting around, it was a wedding in which people danced the night away. Thanks to Ariel. Prior to the event, Elizabeth gave great advice on how to organize the evening and listened carefully to the wishes of the bride and groom. The result was a FANTASTIC wedding reception. Thank you to Elizabeth and her colleagues for a wonderful, magical evening! We recommend Ariel highly and without reservation.
Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
A live band was very important to us. I attended quite a few bridal shows and heard many bands and DJs and none made me say, “Yes, they’re the one”. Fortunately,I discovered Ariel by visiting a prospective venue. My husband and I were sold immediately. I called my daughter expressing our excitement at our discovery and she said that she trusted our judgment. We booked Ariel on the spot.

When our daughter was in town with her fiancé we attended an Ariel showcase. It was quite difficult for us to sit still and listen to them play because each song made us want to move and get up and dance.

The planning for the wedding day was made easier for us because of Elizabeth’s professionalism and expertise. She was easy to reach by phone and email, addressing any questions and concerns we had. Elizabeth made the evening flow smoothly, introducing the bridal party, the people giving toasts, the deacon for the blessing and other significant parts during the reception.

Elizabeth learned and specially arranged an Irish ballad chosen by my daughter and her fiancé for their first dance as husband and wife. Even though many guests had never heard the song before they were moved by Elizabeth’s lovely delivery and performance of it.

The music that Ariel played made the wedding a success with all the guests no matter what their age. From the moment the bridal party was introduced to the last dance played, our guests were impressed with the versatility of the band. To various decades, ballads, oldies, pop, Motown and country songs, our guests filled the dance floor all night. We had guests in their twenties and thirties filling the dance floor to Usher’s “Yeah”, others dancing to the Beer Barrel Polka and even our ninety-two year old Aunt dancing to Friends in Low Places.

Many of our guests expressed that they thought Ariel performed many songs much better that the original artists had. We were very lucky to discover Ariel and have them play at our daughter’s wedding.
Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We ended up booking Ariel after my mom found them, and they exceeded our expectations in every respect.

This even though our expectations were quite high: we went to their showcase and listened to their CDs and knew that they were going to be phenomenal.

First, Elizabeth was extremely helpful throughout the planning process. She helped us figure out the schedule for the evening, made suggestions for songs for parent dances, and was extremely easy to reach by phone or e-mail.

She and the entire band not only learned a first dance song for us, but they ended up also learning new songs for both parent dances.

When it came to the evening of our wedding, they were terrific. The band has so many singers with so much talent and such great ranges. They performed everything from an Irish ballad to Motown to Adele and nailed every single number. All of our guests were up on the dance floor pretty much the entire time, and when the event was over many of them raved about the band.

It was wonderful to have a band that was so talented and so easy to work with, because it gave us the confidence to trust them with a lot of the details, which took some pressure off of us. For example, we sent them a list of songs we wanted to hear and a list of songs we really wanted to hear and that was it. The band figured out what songs to play at what time and did a great job of managing the pace of the evening.

Having Ariel at our wedding was such a wonderful experience!
Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Choosing Ariel as our band was the best decision we made for our wedding. All night long we had guests telling us how amazing the band sounded. They kept the party very up beat and the dance floor was packed, even with people we never expected to see dancing. The band sounded absolutely flawless. We loved everyone in the 8 piece band, particularly Kevin and Taileen who have spectacular voices. Elizabeth was so extremely helpful during the planning process and calmed my nerves every time I spoke with her. We can honestly say that Ariel made our wedding the best night of our lives.
Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ariel is a great band. We saw them at a friend's wedding and immediately said we wanted to use them for our wedding. Elizabeth was very easy to work with and they were able to provide all of the music we needed for our wedding. They learned a special song for our father/daughter dance and they matched the tempo for our first dance exactly to the version that we had practiced to. Everyone was up and dancing at our wedding and Ariel made it a great event.
Ariel Music and Events responded with the following comments:
Your wedding at The Rittenhouse Hotel was spectacular! You had an amazing team of professionals working together to make it so perfect. I can't wait to see the finished video. Your videographer captured the night so beautifully. It was a pleasure to work with you to plan all the details of your wedding!
Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Hiring Ariel Entertainment (as a 9 piece band) was one of the very best decisions that we made for our April 20, 2013 wedding. Several months before the big day, we traveled from midtown NYC to North Jersey to see them play their monthly showcase, and it only took a few songs for us to know that they would be the perfect fit for our party. Even with that preview, their performance at our wedding reception exceeded even our lofty expectations. The musicianship was outstanding and the three vocalists were incredible. As a result, the dance floor was consistently busy throughout the night, and literally dozens of guests came up to us specifically to tell us how great the band was. (We also used the keyboard player for our cocktail hour).

Beyond the performance, we can't comment enough on how grateful we were to be working with Elizabeth, who worked hard to provide exactly the experience that we had hoped for. In a world where lots of wedding vendors are flaky, Elizabeth's quick responses and eagerness to work with us was extremely refreshing. She made sure that the evening was paced the way we wanted it (consistently high energy), gave us as much control as we wanted over choosing the song list (which is incredibly varied, although we featured a lot of motown -- had to take advantage of the great vocals and the sweet horn section!), and ensured that the band played a couple of songs not on the song list that we really wanted.

In our experience, the music is one of the few things that people remember about a wedding. Thanks to Ariel Entertainment, we know that all of our guests will have great memories when they think back on our special day.
Ariel Music and Events responded with the following comments:
Thank you for your wonderful review! We had a great time performing for your wedding at The NY Botanical Gardens. It's such a great space!
Your song selections and fun-loving crowd made for a great night. Congratulations on a fantastic wedding celebration!
Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amazing! We were thrilled with Ariel at our wedding. Everything we asked for and more was played. Elizabeth and all the band members were wonderful. Elizabeth was great in preparing for the wedding too. She made everything very simple and easy. She was great to talk to, and we were confident that the band would be entertaining and fun. I would highly recommend them for any big event. Pricing was very reasonable. Every one of our guests commented about how wonderful they were, which made us really happy!
Ariel Music and Events responded with the following comments:
Thank you, Francesca! Your wedding was LOTS of fun. You put a lot of love and care into your planning and it made for a great night with lots of personal touches. Congratulations to you and Anthony!!
Wedding: 03/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I hosted our daughter's wedding on Saturday evening, Oct 27, 2012 and Ariel Entertainment was our band. WOW!!!! The music was FANTASTIC!!! I have been to many beautiful weddings but I have NEVER heard a band as good as Ariel. We had 140 guests and virtually everyone was up on the dance floor. Our guests raved about the band after the wedding. Ariel Entertainment played a great mixture of songs to appeal to all ages. Elizabeth put a great deal of time into gathering the info she needed from bride, groom and me in order to give us the mix of music we wanted. Her musicians and singers are just tops. We could not have been happier. In our opinion, you couldn't find a better band than Ariel for your own wedding.
Ariel Music and Events responded with the following comments:
It's true. Your daughter's wedding was flawless. We were so happy to be a part of everything from the piano and flute for your ceremony to the jazz trio at cocktail hour to the 9 piece band for the reception. The planning was superb. It was a pleasure to work with you on all the details. I am thrilled with how well everything turned out!!
Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We love this band! They made our wedding so much fun. All our guests still can't believe how great the band was and how much fun they had on the dance floor. Elizabeth Greene, the band leader, is so incredibly professional and responsive. She was really great to deal with and kept us on track from a planning perspective. She really knows how to keep the evening flowing at the proper pace and is an absolute pleasure to work with. This band takes the time to really understand what you are looking for in terms of the tone for the wedding and they execute flawlessly. We initially hired Ariel with 8 piece band and then we added an extra singer and trumpet player and they rocked! They were all so amazing and had such a great range of music including really current and fun pop songs. They are constantly updating their song list to include the latest hits which is very impressive and they have a great range of all types of music from all decades. I loved how much input we had into the song list that was played at the wedding and their interaction with our crowd. They played our wedding song fabulously and it is not really a popular wedding song so I was really impressed with how they performed it. Also, talk about getting the crowd up and on the dance floor, this band had all our guests on the dance floor with the first song of the night and they never left the dance floor. It was so amazing. Ariel really brings the fun to the wedding and the talent is top notch. They also played during our cocktail hour which was lovely. This band is very talented and knows how to entertain! I couldn't be happier with our selection. Also I thought their pricing was very reasonable considering the level of talent and the size of the band compared to other bands we looked at, a true value in my opinion. Definitely check them out if you are looking for a great band!
Wedding: 09/22/2012

Anonymous 1 Reviews
We hired ARIEL for our son's wedding after hearing them at a friend's wedding. They were absolutely FANTASTIC!! From the ceremony music to the very last dance at the reception, they were outstanding! All the band members are extremely talented musicians and consummate professionals in every way. Also, it was a pleasure dealing with Elizabeth Green, the band leader. She was responsive to our every wish to ensure that my son and his bride had the wedding of their dreams! If you are searching for a really exceptional band to make your wedding the event of the year...look no further, the clear choice is ARIEL !!
Wedding: 1+ year ago

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Ariel Entertainment ROCKED THE HOUSE! We had our wedding at the Crest Hollow Country Club on an absolutely beautiful Saturday evening in June and they provided us with excellent entertainment for our guests. Elizabeth, the band leader, worked with us prior to our wedding to make sure every little detail was perfect and made the time to chat with us on a number of occasions prior to the event. She was able to learn a few songs for us, which was also very nice (one even in Italian) and fulfilled her promise to make our wedding a happy, upbeat party. Our guests were also very impressed and have asked about them for their weddings. We also appreciated Elizabeth’s willingness to help us with coming up with different songs for each part of our wedding (Mom/Groom dance, our dance, etc.) and helped piece together a very cohesive order to the night, given we had a few special parts to our wedding.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ
 800-233-2623
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire