Aria Melody DJ

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The whole Aria Melody team, and most especially DJ Rob, was incredible to work with! Highly professional and prompt, and exactly what was promised -- no gimmicks! I was a little bit nervous planning a wedding to be held in NYC by booking most vendors via phone/email and without in-person meetings due to being out of town, but I never questioned that Aria was the right fit for us! We actually looked at two different cities and had some crazy DJ experiences elsewhere, to the point of almost being harassed! Aria and DJ Rob put me at ease and I never had any issues or displeasure.

In the few weeks leading up to the ceremony, DJ Rob sent me links for Spotify playlists so that I could give him a feel for what vibe we wanted for each part of the event: pre-ceremony, cocktail hour, and then a formal dinner separate from the dance party to round out the night. The venue is two stories so we needed sound equipment all over the place, and after setting up for an outdoor ceremony, it started pouring 45 minutes before and we moved the ceremony inside but still had dancing outside. This created A LOT of work for DJ Rob and he handled it incredibly well and was just an all-around pleasure to work with. Highly recommend!

Lillian
05/17/2015

Aside from a few song requests, I wanted a DJ who would simply use his/her best judgment and play a nice mix of music. Aria Melody delivered on that. I thought that Joe was good DJ who encouraged my guests to get on the floor without being cheesy. I would have liked more mixing of the songs, but other than that no complaints. Joe and Aria Melody were very professional and prompt in responding to my inquiries. I enjoyed working with them.

Services Used: DJ

Aria Melody was great! We had Joseph as our DJ and greatly enjoyed working with him. He really listened to what we wanted (no cheesy songs or excess time on the mike!) and incorporated some last minute changes/additions the day of the wedding seamlessly. We had an amazing time dancing our hearts out, as did our friends/family. We'd recommend Aria Melody in a heartbeat!

Services Used: DJ

John was our DJ for our wedding November 15, 2014. He was incredibly wonderful to work with from the minute we first contacted through the last song of the night on our wedding day. John, and his company, are truly focused on making sure the bride and groom - and all of your guests - are having the best time possible, while honoring your taste and style in music. John immediately "got" us and played nearly every song we asked him to play at our wedding. Better yet, his improvisational song picks were spot on, crowd pleasers that had the dance floor packed all night. My husband and I have received countless compliments on the music at our wedding. We wanted everyone up off their seats having a great time, which is exactly what we got.

One of the best parts about working with John and his company is the incredible amount of song suggestions they provide you. It was so nice to have that kind of guidance planning out our music, when it is often hard to think of where to start. John even recommended dour first dance song - which we had never heard of before - but have come to love. Guests were coming up to us at the wedding asking us about the song, and telling us how much they loved it.

We are so incredibly happy that we picked John as our DJ.

Services Used: DJ

Everyone raved about how great of a DJ we hired for our wedding, and we have Owen to thank! He did a superb job keeping the music going and getting everyone on the dance floor. The floor was packed basically the entire night, so compliments to the DJ! One of the introductions got messed up, but it was an honest mistake that I think was due to an error in printing the names in our wedding party. I was a bit bummed that he prematurely began a particular song before we were ready for it, but again, it was likely miscommunication and would have happened with any DJ company. Overall, we were very pleased with Owen and Aria Melody, and we were so fortunate to have had them perform at our wedding! Owen did a fantastic job, and so many of our friends made it a point to tell us how excellent our DJ was at mixing music and keeping everyone on the dance floor! We would 100% recommend Owen and Aria Melody to anyone and everyone!!!!

Recently Married

We first met John 3 years ago at another wedding he did. As soon as we got engaged, we knew we wanted John to DJ our wedding. From the moment we met John, as others have stated, he really "got us." We gave him a couple songs we wanted played, a couples songs not to play, and full creative license over everything else. He did not disappoint. We wanted our wedding to be a party and John had the dance floor packed from beginning to end. John read the crowd and and left out the cheesy DJ schtick that you so often witness at weddings. He was amazing to work with and made sure to ask us about crowd requests (the groom approved "The Thong Song") and even helped to edit our first dance as we couldn't chose between two songs. We have already recommended John to a friend of ours and can't say enough positive things about him.

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I just got married last weekend, August 30, 2014 and we had Joe as our DJ. From the beginning when we first met him we already had a good feeling about him and when we met up in person we knew that we really made the right decision. I gave him a list of songs so he can have an overview of what we like to listen to and he used that to curate an awesome set list for our wedding. Our wedding was such a blast and everyone was on their feet from the 5 year old to the 70 years olds! He knew when to keep the crowd up and going and when to let them rest and over all he just gave such a great energy! All our friends immediately asked for his information and my mother in law even wants him to DJ her birthday party!! Thank you so much Joe for such a wonderful time, you made our wedding perfect!

Best,

Joey and Michelle :)

Recently Married

Thank You, Owen!!! Aria Melody was perfect for our wedding. Owen was awesome to work with and did a great job. He accommodated all our requests, and even found some Italian songs that were requested by our families. He was helpful in guiding us to select the perfect ceremony and reception music for key moments. We are so happy to have worked with Owen and Aria Melody - can't recommend them enough!

1+ year ago

Aria Melody provided the music for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We worked with Owen, and loved him! John was also involved with the contract and planning stages and was also great to work with. You book some of these vendors so far in advance and then don't speak with them until a few months before the wedding - sometimes it is stressful and you hope they are still in business and didn't forget about you during those months of little contact, but John was sure to check in with us every couple of months just to see how we were doing and if he could help in any way - amazing! Owen's low-key style is exactly what we wanted, and he was also very responsive and listened closely to and adhered to our playlists and likes/dislikes. Working with Owen and Aria Melody was stress-free, which is exactly what you need during your wedding!

Services Used: DJ

Talk about a DANCE PARTY!! From the moment we walked in through the doors the WHOLE ENTIRE wedding was dancing their asses off! Owen, our DJ for the night listened to every single word we said, and totally made our wedding the party of the year.

We are so thankful to John, who runs the company and Owen, for their vision and listening to our details. I cannot wait to have another party and have them rocking the house again!

We love you!

Kate
04/26/2014

John was amazing to work with! He responded to all emails very quickly and was very professional. We sent him a list of the types of songs we wanted played and some must plays. He filled in the gaps, and kept the dance floor full all night. And most important to us, there we no gimmicks or cheesy announcements, just great music! Would highly recommend!

Rich
04/25/2014

We decided on Aria after seeing Owen dj a friends wedding. The music was awesome and we loved that he never made the night about him. So happy we moved forward with him for our own wedding. He had the dance floor packed the entire night and did a flawless job of feeling out the crowd and playing the right music at the right time. If you want great tunes and a professional who understands it's your night, aria is the way to go. He also did the ceremony and cocktail hour - worth every penny!

Daniel
03/30/2014

Let me start by saying: all of the guests we've heard from has said they loved the music and how perfectly it fit our wedding. We knew early on that we wanted a simple elegant reception to match our personality as a couple. When we met Owen over coffee, we got a good feeling from him that he understood what we were going for AND that he was a professional who knew all the small details we couldn't predict that would help make the day perfect. Owen worked with us to make the reception the perfect mix of excitement, casual, fun, and elegant. As I said earlier, everyone tells us they had a fantastic time, and we really loved it. Thank you so much Owen and Aria Melody, we will gladly recommend you to our friends!

Services Used: DJ

I always second guess reviews with all 5's but Aria Melody definitely deserves the high ratings. I was contacted quickly by John Sinclair after I left my contact information online. He outlined everything I needed to know regarding Aria's services and was beyond helpful. He took care of all of the administrative duties and made sure I was taken care of up to my wedding date.

Joseph Schimicci DJ'ed my wedding and I cannot say enough great things about Joe. He took the time discuss the vibe I was going for at the wedding, the type of music I liked (and the type of music my groom, and family liked as well) I had some pretty specific requests and Joe was able to deliver on everything I needed. After giving Joe a list of songs he was able to incorporate other songs not on the list that I absolutely loved. I allowed my guests to make requests but one of the songs requested I was not a fan of so while dancing I made eye contact withe Joe and he knew right away to smoothly transition out to the next song. It was pretty cool :). A month later guests were still asking about my venue and my DJ.

I highly, highly recommend Aria Melody and would use them again for any event where I need DJ services.

Melissa
03/15/2014

I had the pleasure to work Owen for my wedding. From our first meeting to the day of the event, he was so easy to work with. My music selections were played, my do not play list was not played..it was awesome! I made changes to playlist along the process and everything was handled effortlessly. Not to mention, my guests were talking about how great the music was well after my event. Great signs of an awesome DJ!

Services Used: DJ

We hired John to DJ our Manhattan wedding and we couldn't be happier with our decision! From our first meeting to our final check-in before the wedding, he was so easy and fun to work with. I consider myself kind of a "music" person and he did an absolutely perfect job playing at our reception. Guests gushed over his song choices and the dance party that ensued exceeded our wildest hopes for the night. Thanks so much John and the Aria team!