Appease Inc.

Appease Inc.

On Location Hair, Makeup and Spa Services!

New York , NY 10021 | map
Services: Facial, Hair, Hair Removal, Makeup, Manicure / Pedic...
Consultations: Yes
Value:
(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Easy to set up appointment. Grant to take to and fast

• Wedding: [Private]
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Laura was awesome! She was the first person I saw the day of my wedding and she made me feel and look amazing. I've had professional makeup done before and had felt like I was wearing a mask. But with Laura, I felt that she was only enhancing my own natural beauty. I still looked and felt very much like myself. The makeup held up all day and night and never ran even in August humidity. My hair was done up beautifully! And it was sturdy enough to handle veil changes as well as a few people stepping on the veil and thus pulling on the hair. Not only that, but both my hair and makeup took only a little over an hour to do! Talk about efficiency! I had no worries about being late or running behind, which really helped lower some of my stress. I would highly recommend Laura and appease2you to any bride.

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I contacted Appease four days before my wedding after my previously hired hair and make-up person showed an amount of unprofessionalism I could no longer take (i.e. charging us more than they said originally, changing our end time, etc.) Carla and Carrie came to the rescue and couldn't have been more phenomenal! They are an organized business and listened to what I wanted and made sure they could offer it before scheduling me and my bridal party.
On the day of the wedding, they were on time, listened to the bridal party and what they wanted, and were personable and easy to work with. All the girls looked awesome!
Also, even though one of the girls initially had said she only wanted hair done because she never liked any make-up services she had received before, after seeing the others with their make-up, she changed her mind; Carla agreed to do her make up too and did a great job (the bridesmaid said it was the first time she ever got her make-up professionally done and actually liked it). Before taking off they touched up a few things the girls asked for (ie re-do curl, bobby pin piece of hair, etc.), gave us a little powder and lipstick to touch up our make-up in case we felt we needed it, and put my veil on for me (I was nervous to mess up my hair). So nice!
Our photographers noticed how well they did and what great customer service they had and even asked us what the company name was so they could refer future brides to them. You can't go wrong with these two!

• Wedding: 08/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I danced all night and my hair and makeup were perfect at the end of the night, as if just made. Everybody from Appease were so helpful and accommodating. Thanks for helping me out on our wedding day

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This company is amazing! I had Carrie for hair and Laura for makeup. They were absolutely fantastic! All of us looked incredible when they were finished. I would highly recommend them:)

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you! Congratulations to you and your hubby :)

• Wedding: 06/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had both a trial and day of hair and makeup services with airbrush makeup and eyelashes. I also had extensions used in my hair style. Although I didn't end up loving my trial hair and makeup, after sending Carrie more pictures and descriptions of what I wanted changed, I couldn't have been happier with my hair and makeup on my wedding day!! It was flawless! My makeup didn't move all day, and my hair stayed put, too. Removing the veil from my hair after the ceremony was as easy as Carrie said it would be. Carla and Carrie are great to work with!! They are flexible and excellent communicators. I appreciated that Carrie listened to me and helped keep me calm as she worked on my hair and makeup amidst the chaos of a typical wedding day.

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the compliments Angela! It was great working with you! Best wishes on your move and new marriage. Send pics when you get them. We would love to see them.

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very talented girls!! They made my whole bridal party and my mom look amazing. I would recommend them to anyone.

• Wedding: 05/16/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my hair done with Carla when I was recently a bridesmaid, as part of the wedding day prep. She and her team were excellent. I was really happy with the style. I have straight, flat hair and they did a great updo which held all day, through lots of festivities and dancing, without looking stiff or overdone. Great value.

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Appease was excellent to work with. Carrie was on time (actually a few minutes early) and finished amazingly quick with beautiful results. Appease was very quick to respond to my emails and answer all of my questions.

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Happy first day of wedded bliss Sara! Thank you for the kind words. Best wishes!

• Wedding: 03/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just got married this past weekend, and I was soooooo pleased with my makeup and hair, I'm beyond words. Almost every one of our guests commented on my makeup and how pristine and perfect it looked and my hair was exactly what I asked for (thanks to Elvire). Carrie and her staff were so responsive and always got back to me, answering my questions within a day or two. I just had to write a great review to thank Appease Inc for making my wedding day perfect!

Chevonne

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the kind words Chevonne! Your accessories were gorgeous with that pop of Turquoise in the flower and earrings and you were such a pleasure to work with. Best wishes to you and your new hubby :) Please share more pics when they come in.

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved working with Appease! Carrie made my hair look amazing and Carla made my make up look flawless. I am so happy they were part of my special day! They made me look beautiful! I can't wait to work with them again!

Brittney

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
Brittney
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was really excited with how my hair and make up looked the day of the wedding even though I didn't go for a trial. I contacted them pretty last minute and they were still able to accommodate me and all of my bridesmaids and other family members. (Hair and make up for 11 girls and they did it within 6 hours.) I even got a discount which was great and I definitely think I couldn't have gotten a better service for my wedding.

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you Maria! Your pics are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your big day with us.

• Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jenessa and Carrie did a wonderful job! Everything held up the entire day and looked amazing. The executed the perfect look for me even though I gave them little direction. I could not be more pleased and I would definitely recommend to anyone!

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you Michelle! It was a pleasure working with you and your girls. Thanks for the pics, they are gorgeous!
-Carrie Novak

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carla did my hair and make-up and it was amazing! My pictures were beautiful and the airbrush make-up lasted all night.

One suggestion but the matching lipstick for touch ups. It really helped to make my end of night pictures look like my beginning of the day pictures. Best $20 I ever spent!

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you Jennifer! It was great working with you. Best wishes to you and your new hubby :-). We look forward to seeing pics!

-Carrie Novak, Owner

• Wedding: 09/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

OMG I couldn't be happier with them. I bought the blushing bride package and hair & makeup for 6. They gave me a wonderful massage, mani / pedi, hair & makeup and I must say I felt like a princess lol. They all are so professional and so nice. My mom and bridesmaids all looked so beautiful, I'm very happy with their work. They sent a team of 6 and they all did an amazing job. I was very impress with my makeup artist Sunshine and my hair stylist Carrie. I will recommend them to my family and friends.

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you for such kind words Veronica! It was such a pleasure working with you and your girls. Best wishes to you and your hubby :) I look forward to seeing some pics!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was a South Asian wedding with 3 days worth of wedding events (On average, there were 2 events per day). Appease did my mom and my hair for almost all of the events, and they did my bridesmaids hair for the wedding ceremony. All of us were very happy with Appease. From the moment I contacted Appease about doing my wedding, they were friendly, prompt, and professional. They always responded to my calls/emails within 24 hours and they arrived early for all of the events. (Considering I asked them to be there at 4am, its pretty impressive that they arrived early). My bridesmaids loved Carrie and Laura! Three of my bridesmaids have hair that goes down to their hips. Normally, it takes them an hour to get their hair done and their hair styles only last a few hours. Appease did their hair, and all of the other bridesmaids' hair, within a 1/2 an hour, and all of the bridesmaids' hair lasted the entire day. Carrie did my mom and my hair. We LOVED her! She was efficient, great to chat with, and I felt like she had memorized every hair style on Google. Some of my bridesmaids and myself didn't have pictures of the hairstyles they wanted, but all we had to do is give a brief explanation and Carrie knew exactly what we were talking about. Carrie was also very patient. My mom and I were late a few times b/c the wedding events ran longer than expected, and Carrie never got upset. She was always a delight. Needless to say, my bridesmaids, my mom, and I had a great experience with Appease, and I strongly recommend them!

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your review Manisha! It was a pleasure working with you for your wedding. Congratulations to you and Kandarp. I can't wait to see pictures :)
-Carrie Novak

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
manisha.bais
630-550-3764
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment