Appease Inc.

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

Easy to set up appointment. Grant to take to and fast

1 Review
Recently Married

Amazing!! Would love to work with carrie, jen and jonathan again! Everyone in my bridal party including myself were ultimately pleased!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I absolutely love working with appease and Iris who did our hair and make up for the bridal party. Everyone looked beautiful. I couldn't ask for a better person to work with than Iris. She just has an eye and understanding for what your looking for and makes it come alive. I couldn't be more happier with my choice of hair and make up on our wedding day. Thank you appease!

Monica

Recently Married

Getting married in the NYC area can be stressful and your hair and makeup are an integral part of your day. Everyone is staring at you all day long! I scheduled a trial with Appease after reading some reviews online. I was a little hesitant at first because there were tons of reviews in Chicago but not many in NY. NO FEAR though... Appease was professional and amazing!!

Mel (hair) and Jonothan (makeup) came to my house on the day of my trial. They are both very sweet and personable. I showed Mel a few pics of what I envisioned and she created it! I loved it. I also debated with two hairpieces and she contributed her opinion. Love me some honesty!

Jonothon is a doll! I told him that I wanted to look natural, but with a J. Lo glow (Hehe) and he made my face flawless! I took pictures after both treatments were done and I made sure to take notes of what I wanted to tweak. I sent my notes to Appease and they were acknowledged the day of the wedding. My hair and makeup also came out better than the day of the trial!!

Professional, friendly, and affordable! My bridesmaids enjoyed their services too!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I absolutely fell in love with the ladies of Appease! From my engagement party, trial and actual wedding weekend they made me feel comfortable and truly like friends in getting me ready. Laura was my stylist for all of my events was wonderful! She did my hair and makeup with exactly the feel I wanted and was so incredibly fast!!! That is why I decided to use the Appease team for all of my wedding needs. They were organized, timely with responses and provided me support and advice whenever I needed it..Carla and Carrie were personal yet professional every step of the way. I could not have had a better experience and they made my bridesmaids, mom, mom in law and sisters in laws look and feel beautiful. Laura went above and beyond and helped my wedding party with all of our last minute morning fix ups. Laura personally made me feel comfortable, confident and at ease as the bride and took such good care of my mom...as she is not used to getting dolled up. I really appreciated this. I had a traditional Indian wedding and she helped me with my dupatta/outfit setting last minute as I needed help with it...even though she didn't have to. I have and will continue to recommend Appease to my girlfriends for any/all events, but especially for any big fat Indian weddings!! =) Thank you, Appease! - Vanisa

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Laura was awesome! She was the first person I saw the day of my wedding and she made me feel and look amazing. I've had professional makeup done before and had felt like I was wearing a mask. But with Laura, I felt that she was only enhancing my own natural beauty. I still looked and felt very much like myself. The makeup held up all day and night and never ran even in August humidity. My hair was done up beautifully! And it was sturdy enough to handle veil changes as well as a few people stepping on the veil and thus pulling on the hair. Not only that, but both my hair and makeup took only a little over an hour to do! Talk about efficiency! I had no worries about being late or running behind, which really helped lower some of my stress. I would highly recommend Laura and appease2you to any bride.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I contacted Appease four days before my wedding after my previously hired hair and make-up person showed an amount of unprofessionalism I could no longer take (i.e. charging us more than they said originally, changing our end time, etc.) Carla and Carrie came to the rescue and couldn't have been more phenomenal! They are an organized business and listened to what I wanted and made sure they could offer it before scheduling me and my bridal party.
On the day of the wedding, they were on time, listened to the bridal party and what they wanted, and were personable and easy to work with. All the girls looked awesome!
Also, even though one of the girls initially had said she only wanted hair done because she never liked any make-up services she had received before, after seeing the others with their make-up, she changed her mind; Carla agreed to do her make up too and did a great job (the bridesmaid said it was the first time she ever got her make-up professionally done and actually liked it). Before taking off they touched up a few things the girls asked for (ie re-do curl, bobby pin piece of hair, etc.), gave us a little powder and lipstick to touch up our make-up in case we felt we needed it, and put my veil on for me (I was nervous to mess up my hair). So nice!
Our photographers noticed how well they did and what great customer service they had and even asked us what the company name was so they could refer future brides to them. You can't go wrong with these two!

Recently Married

I danced all night and my hair and makeup were perfect at the end of the night, as if just made. Everybody from Appease were so helpful and accommodating. Thanks for helping me out on our wedding day

Services Used: Beauty & Health

This company is amazing! I had Carrie for hair and Laura for makeup. They were absolutely fantastic! All of us looked incredible when they were finished. I would highly recommend them:)

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you! Congratulations to you and your hubby :)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I had both a trial and day of hair and makeup services with airbrush makeup and eyelashes. I also had extensions used in my hair style. Although I didn't end up loving my trial hair and makeup, after sending Carrie more pictures and descriptions of what I wanted changed, I couldn't have been happier with my hair and makeup on my wedding day!! It was flawless! My makeup didn't move all day, and my hair stayed put, too. Removing the veil from my hair after the ceremony was as easy as Carrie said it would be. Carla and Carrie are great to work with!! They are flexible and excellent communicators. I appreciated that Carrie listened to me and helped keep me calm as she worked on my hair and makeup amidst the chaos of a typical wedding day.

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the compliments Angela! It was great working with you! Best wishes on your move and new marriage. Send pics when you get them. We would love to see them.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Very talented girls!! They made my whole bridal party and my mom look amazing. I would recommend them to anyone.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Laura
05/03/2014

I had my hair done with Carla when I was recently a bridesmaid, as part of the wedding day prep. She and her team were excellent. I was really happy with the style. I have straight, flat hair and they did a great updo which held all day, through lots of festivities and dancing, without looking stiff or overdone. Great value.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Appease was excellent to work with. Carrie was on time (actually a few minutes early) and finished amazingly quick with beautiful results. Appease was very quick to respond to my emails and answer all of my questions.

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Happy first day of wedded bliss Sara! Thank you for the kind words. Best wishes!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I just got married this past weekend, and I was soooooo pleased with my makeup and hair, I'm beyond words. Almost every one of our guests commented on my makeup and how pristine and perfect it looked and my hair was exactly what I asked for (thanks to Elvire). Carrie and her staff were so responsive and always got back to me, answering my questions within a day or two. I just had to write a great review to thank Appease Inc for making my wedding day perfect!

Chevonne

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the kind words Chevonne! Your accessories were gorgeous with that pop of Turquoise in the flower and earrings and you were such a pleasure to work with. Best wishes to you and your new hubby :) Please share more pics when they come in.

Brittney
03/08/2014

I loved working with Appease! Carrie made my hair look amazing and Carla made my make up look flawless. I am so happy they were part of my special day! They made me look beautiful! I can't wait to work with them again!

Brittney

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I was really excited with how my hair and make up looked the day of the wedding even though I didn't go for a trial. I contacted them pretty last minute and they were still able to accommodate me and all of my bridesmaids and other family members. (Hair and make up for 11 girls and they did it within 6 hours.) I even got a discount which was great and I definitely think I couldn't have gotten a better service for my wedding.

Appease Inc. responded with the following comments:

Thank you Maria! Your pics are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your big day with us.