Angela Tam - Celebrity & Wedding Makeup Artist & Hair Stylist Team | Los Angeles & Orange County

Los Angeles, Orange County, Ventura, San Diego, Santa Barbara, CA
626.524.6210
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Angela did my wedding makeup for my December wedding in Malibu. She was absolutely fabulous!

I did a trial with her a month and a half before the wedding and she listened to my feedback and on my wedding day everything came out absolutely perfect. I asked for a very natural look for my daytime wedding and that's what I got.

Angela arrived at my venue on time and did the makeup for me and my maid of honor.

Words can't express how incredibly happy I was!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Angela's service was pricey but she worked magic, so for me well worth the price. What she did with my face on the day of worked out a million times better than the preview. I was very happy when I looked at my hair and face in the mirror, and everyone who saw me that day paid me compliments on my look(you can tell if they are genuine or just because you are the bride). I haven't got the professional photos, but I have since received hundreds of pics from friends and family, and guess what? Not one bad pic! Not to mention I had breakouts due to prewedding stress! I thank Angela for this:) My makeup and hair was perfect and stayed perfect all through the wind on the cliff(for the ceremony), the sun, and 5 hours of reception afterwards.

My MOH did bring up an issue... I wasn't sure what happened, but I think my MOH asked her to stay for a while making sure my blusher stays right in the hair but she refused/told her that would cost extra. Honestly I wasn't too bothered by it. It was pretty easy to do it myself with the help from my friends and our contracted time did run out for quite a bit. I put it here just to be more objective and thorough, but personally I don't really think that's an issue. As far as skills and professionalism goes, Angela rocks! And she was very nice to talk to, eased my nerve right before the first look and worked with me through all the calls and talk with other vendors. Those are the qualities that actually matter to me.

Word of advice to fellow brides: pick your own foundation especially when you have sensitive skin. I did and it looked so natural and didn't cause any allergies. I asked Angela of course in advance and she gave me instructions about what shades to get.

Oh and for Asian brides who are searching for makeup artists who can do flawless but natural makeup and experience with fine Asian hair, Angela is your person.

Thank you again Angela! You really made my day!

April
08/09/2014

Angela was a pleasure to work with. She was very accommodating to the last minute schedule change on the day of my wedding. I loved my hair and make up that day! She made me feel beautiful. I loved how my make up lasted the whole day (even though it was so hot outside!). Thank you Angela!

Recently Married

Angela did a great job with our make-up and hair. She was able to give me the soft and natural look of elegance that I was looking for. Thank you, Angela!

4.7

Angela & her team did an AMAZING job for my wedding. It was a retro/pin-up style and they were able to make myself and my bridesmaids look the part. I have to say it really made the whole day perfect. They arrived on time, had a quick set up and were able to get everyone finished before schedule. She really worked with me and was able to get the style I wanted. I found her pricing very reasonable compared to some other people I was talking to, even with having a July 4th holiday wedding.
Angela & Denise were such a pleasure to work with, I would definitely recommend them to any friends looking for hair & makeup for any event.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Angela is a sweetheart! She is very accommodating, responsive, timely and above it all, excellent at what she does. It is difficult to find such a skillful artist who is also great at client service. I had a summer wedding and I had informed Angela on the type of make up and hair that I wanted; it was exactly what I wanted. Angela is very pleasant and calm and I could tell she really cared about making sure her brides get exactly what they are looking for. I got compliments from my guests on my makeup throughout the night (my hair was hidden under a veil so it was not visible). My outfit was south asian and I had quite a bit of jewelry which Angela very comfortably placed on me with little to no assistance. Angela very beautifully pinned my dupatta on my head (which was quite heavy with embroidery). I danced for a big portion of the night and both my clothes and jewelry stayed in tact. I would highly recommend Angela for bridal hair and makeup; I could not have asked for someone better. Thank you so much Angela!

4.7

Angela and her team did a great job with hair and makeup for me, 4 bridesmaids, and 6 other family members! Angela is so sweet and made everyone feel at ease. I also used her for my engagement photos and bridal trial, which were both great, but she definitely outdid herself for the actual wedding day. The hair and makeup struck a perfect balance between glamorous yet not too heavy. I felt so confident and beautiful, as did the rest of my party, and the makeup lasted almost all through the night. My only slight complaints was that a few times, it took a while to get responses via email from her, and one of the makeup artists was late due to being stuck in traffic, but we were all done with time to spare :)

Shagun
05/24/2014

Angela did my hair and makeup for my recent wedding this past May. She did such an amazing job!!!! Angela is a gifted make up artist and she knew exactly what to do to accentuate my best features. She was punctual and has a great personality, which is essential when you are getting your makeup done at 4:30 am!! Her products are of the highest quality and great on skin. I am Indian and she did great job with Indian bridal makeup and tikka setting! Her team for my family members and bridesmaids ready and they all looked beautiful! At first I thought her pricing was a little steep but in hindsight it was definitely worth it! I highly recommend her for your special day!

Recently Married

Angela is fantastic! At our first meeting, she was so accommodating. We had tried several different looks until we finally got the right look. She was very flexible and is very talented! She has a wonderful calming personality, which is great especially the morning of the wedding! I got so many compliments on my wedding day! I highly recommend Angela for your next event!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I used Angela Tam Makeup Artist services for my wedding this past Fall. I got to spend a lot of time with her and became very familiar with her because she did my makeup and hair for four events, two engagement session photo, preview session and of course my wedding day.

For my engagement photo sessions:
Angela was able to create any kind of 'look' I wanted. For my engagement photo session in Newport Beach, I want a more natural look for the outdoors setting. For my session in downtown L.A., I wanted a more sophisticated, feminine look. Angela was definitely able to deliver both! My makeup/hair lasted throughout most of the day even when I became very sweaty and hot!

For my wedding day:
I did a hair and makeup trial with her - and although I was happy with the results, I must say that her performance on my actual wedding day was 100% better than we I got during the trial! On my wedding day, Angela and two artists showed up to do my hair/makeup, 2 mom's hair/makeup, and 8 bridesmaid hair. Angela's work was awesome all around! She was very meticulous and truly perfected my hair and makeup! I loved my makeup on my wedding day. She made me look so so beautiful without looking too overly done!
The Artists also created beautiful works on the Moms and Bridesmaids.

Price:
Very reasonable for the good quality of works.

Responsiveness:
Angela is very very responsive (which is SUPER helpful for wedding planning). I communicated with her mostly through email and she will return emails very quickly.

Overall, I would say that I am SUPER happy with Angela's work and would definitely use her again. She's super sweet and polite and she will be able to create what you are looking for (all you need to do is just tell her what you want!). She is also very prompt (she arrives on time and gets you done on time). I really felt like a beautiful bride and I loved the way I looked - and it is truly thanks to Angela!

THANKS ANGELA! *hugs and kisses*

Sadia
09/01/2013

i hired Angela to do my wedding makeup. I was looking for someone who was experienced with South Asian/Indian Brides.

I looked at your portfolio online and was very impressed.

She did a fabulous job getting me ready. My main concern was making sure whomever i hired would know how to work with the heavy pieces of clothing and pinning it on me so I could be comfortable all night.

She did a great job making me look like an Indian Bride!

Overall I would use Angela's services again for future events!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

If I could give 6 stars, I would! You cannot go wrong with Angela Tam and her team! I am not just saying this because I just got married and still going through wedding high. When I got engaged 1 years ago, the first and only vendor that I knew I wanted to lock down for sure was Angela Tam. I used her services for my sister's Indian Wedding and I absolutely loved the results. My makeup was flawless and my hairdo actually stayed intact the entire day, which is impossible for my pin straight coarse South Asian hair. I booked her way in advance for my big day and throughout the 1 years of planning, I made several changes to the contract ( adding a lot of people, changing the timeline..etc) for my 3 days of Indian Wedding Celebrations. At no time did she seemed frustrated or made me feel uncomfortable, even though I personally was annoyed with myself for submitting her through those changes. She is always very professional and prompt to reply to any questions you may have. On the day of the wedding, she showed up early and was all ready to go and deliver the service within the agreed time frame ( actually, with some time to spare!). It was the same way for my sister's wedding, so clearly that's just how professional she is!

Some reviewers say that she is pricey but I actually disagree. If you ask around, professional makeup artists charge a lot more and that's not including hair. I find her price very reasonable in comparison to other vendors and it is a guaranteed satisfaction! I know for sure that if I just tell her to surprise me with a makeup/hairdo, she will do an incredible job.

You can't go wrong with Angela Tam and her staff. Thank you so much for making me beautiful on my special day! I could not have been more pleased with the results!

Eusden
10/06/2012

Angela is an amazing makeup artist. We were so glad we went with Angela for our wedding. She was very responsive and professional and friendly. You can't go wrong with having Angela as your makeup artist for your wedding day.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

One word to describe Angela - "AWESOME". Angela did my bridal party's wedding makeup as well as my mom's for my Sept. 9 wedding. She was amazing from start to finish. She was very professional and came on time. She came with another makeup artist. Everyone looked beautiful afterwards. What I like about Angela is that she really cares for her clients. She gave good referrals to a number of vendors. That's how I got my super talented photographer. She also gave me a good suggestion of booking the room overlooking the ceremony site so that I can see the guests when they arrived. It was the perfect location. I didn't feel like a missed much before the ceremony because I could here the prelude music and see the guests arriving beforehand. Angela is also flexible. Two weeks before the wedding, I had to add 4 bridesmaids to get their hair and makeup done and she accommodated them. Everyone was complimenting our makeup. We all felt beautiful that day. My hair and makeup was different from my preview but she didn't miss a beat when I asked her to change it on the wedding day and it came out exactly how I wanted. She stayed throughout the ceremony and reception to take some shots and even helped me change my hairstyle for the reception.

Book Angela and her team and you will not be disappointed!

4.3

The makeup for my wedding was great. I got lots of compliments. Angela's team was able to do hair and makeup for a large group (6 bridesmaids and 2 family members) and got everyone ready on time. Angela even provided a much-needed touch up after being outside in the heat. Her work is great, thanks!

Anonymous
2+ years ago
3.0

Angela did a wonderful job doing my personal makeup and hair. Unfortunately, i hired Angela and her team to do the complete bridal party. After angela finished my makeup and hair she had to leave and left her two assistants behind. One of the assistants was doing a horrible job with the hair styling. i asked for the flower girls hair to be up and she put the hair up in a ponytail with a couple of curls, after showing her a picture she still didnt understand the concept of the hair style! after complaining to angela she asked her to just curl the hair and the other assistant would be in-charge of styling. i have no complaints about darlene she really tried but it was way too much work for her! i feel that she wasnt able to deliver high quality of work because she had so much to do in such little time! im sure in different circumstances she would of done an awesome job!
Overall i was embarrased that each bridesmaid had to pay about 100 dollars and 40 for each flower girl! when they really didnt get what they wanted! it was Definetly not worth it! What made everything worst was that due to the amount of time it took the bridal party to get ready we missed our pre-pictures!!!