Angel Eyes Photography

Photography that transcends

7132 North Harlem Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hilda and Carol did an amazing job with our photos. Though we have not seen all of them yet, the ones we have seen have been fantastic. If you like artsy and creative pictures with a sense of a humor, then Angel Eyes is your photographer. We can't recommend them enough

• Wedding: 11/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our photographer was our favorite wedding purchase. My fiance didn't have a say in who our photographer was going to be. I knew it would be Hilda long before I met my fiance.

After securing our wedding date with our church and booking our reception venue, Hilda was the first vendor we booked. I knew her photography was amazing, but after meeting her in person, I knew for sure that she was the perfect photographer for our wedding. A combination of fun and laid-back, Hilda made us laugh throughout the entire planning process and made us feel completely at ease in front of the camera on our wedding day.

I'm not sure how many brides trust their wedding photographer enough to tell them "take whatever photos you want on our wedding day, we trust you", but I'm so glad we did. I mean, what wedding photographer lays down on the ground to get an amazing shot of you and the church?

Hilda's artistic and unique style is exactly what we wanted. Everyone who has seen our photos has commented on how beautiful and different they are from the "typical" wedding photos. We couldn't be happier with our photos and with Hilda. We would recommend her to EVERYONE getting married.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Profile Picture
Michelle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

All brides have heard at least a million times that the day goes by in a blink of an eye and that could not be more accurate. That’s why booking a confident, intelligent, fun, crazy, quirky photographer was one of the most important things to me. That's where Hilda came in. I had been at a friend's wedding, and Hilda was the photographer, and I not only remember having so much fun with her, but I was amazed at how beautiful the photos were that she took. My decision was easy. I didn't meet with anyone else. I actually e-mailed Hilda from the car after our first meeting to see if she would be willing to work with us...I was so afraid someone would book her before I could. From that moment on working with Hilda was a breeze. She is so intelligent, easy to talk to, and honest. I felt incredibly confident in her throughout the process. And the resulting photos are stunning. She exceeded my expectations in so many ways. Hilda is amazing. Chris and I are maybe two of the most awkward people ever (ask our families), and Hilda, somehow, got beyond all of that, and she made us feel incredibly at ease, and we had so much fun with her! Carol, her assistant for our wedding, was also a trip. I think we laughed more with them than we could have ever expected. As I’m writing this, I’m actually missing them. Angel Eyes Photography was by far my best wedding related purchase. The photos are breathtaking, and I found myself grinning from ear to ear as I looked at every picture. I highly recommend Hilda. You'd be lucky to have her :)

• Wedding: 12/01/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Being a photographer myself the photographs had to be awesome. Hilda delivered. Her and her team did an amazing job capturing the moments. We have great pictures to look back on. No regrets. Great job!

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was introduced to Angel Eyes Photography through a friend. Hilda shot her wedding one year before mine. I knew the minute I saw Hilda in action that I needed her for my wedding!!! There is no denying Hildas love for photography. She was constantly looking for the next best photo op! I have a few photos that my friends and family say look like they belong in a wedding magazine.
Not only is her work amazing, Hilda is so much fun to work with! My husband is not a huge fan of getting his picture taken, but Hilda and Carol made him feel super comfortable and made him laugh the whole day!
Hilda is very helpful and informative and she has really good ideas. She convinced me to do a "first look" that allowed us time to get more quality shots. And I am so thankful she talked me into it! With our wedding day time line, a "first look" was the best way to go, and we have amazing photos to prove it! I will recommend Hilda and Carol from Angel Eyes Photography to anyone who is getting married!!!

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I discovered Hilda at Angel Eyes Photography through a friend. She was showing me pictures from a beautiful wedding she attended, and all I kept thinking was, who is the photographer, and how can I get a hold of her?!?
Hilda has the special artistic ability to see beauty in every moment. And, lucky for us, she is able to capture that beauty in a photograph!
When my fiance and I went to meet with Hilda, I immediately noticed how natural and lively her couples looked in her sample books. As I got to know Hilda, I learned that it is her funny and outgoing demeanor that helps to bring this out in her clients. (I can't tell you how many times I saw sample shots where the couples looked like statues. Not the case here.)
I hired Hilda to do a photo shoot prior to the wedding, as well as the wedding day. She came with an assistant and covered the whole event seamlessly. My pictures are a combination of the posed shots that I needed for my mantle, as well as the candid, action shots that are my favorite. Hilda is a master editor (I know that I don't look that good! :) and I received over 900 pictures from my wedding. I am thoroughly satisfied, and I look forward to working with Hilda again for family shots down the road.

• Wedding: 07/01/2012
Profile Picture
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was AMAZING working with Angel Eyes (Hilda & Carol). Really, it was a pleasure to have them capture our November Chicago wedding! Hilda was easy to work with from the very first day I e-mailed her to talk about meeting with her. Our initial meeting with Hilda was relaxing, inviting and professional. We knew right away she was a perfect match for us.
Months went by and then we met with Hilda once again to finalize the day of the wedding plans. Hilda had amazing suggestions and was happy to accommodate all of our requests.
On the day of the wedding, she arrived early and started snapping pictures right away. When I was CLEARLY a bit stressed out, she was the one who centered and calmed me down.
I wanted a mint, she had it!
I was a bit of an unprepared bride but she was able to work with me w/o a hitch :)
Bottom line, with Hilda, taking pictures was FUN!!
Hilda is prompt with communication, professional, fun, friendly, and all of my guests commented on how cool she was :)
Getting married in Chicago? CALL ANGEL EYES!!!!
By far my favorite vendor for our big day!

• Wedding: 11/11/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Above it asks what service this vendor provided, and only gives photography as an option. It should be photography, day of support, friendship, hours of laughs... Hilda is more than a photographer, she is an amazing person and artist! I had previous experience with Hilda through various photo shoots she had done for my family so I had absolutely NO doubt that she is who I wanted to photograph my wedding. She went above and beyond every expectation I could have had for her. From the moment she showed up at my parents house to begin shooting pictures of us girls while we got ready, to the moment she left at the end of the night she was awesome! Both Hilda AND Carol were at the top of their game that day. Carol is an amazing assistant, and between the two of them we have no doubts they got pictures of EVERYTHING (and more) that we could have hoped for. Throughout the entire day both Hilda and Carol asked on many occasions if there was anything I needed... they are the photographers, and they were concerned with how I was feeling that day. That really says something about a person! They are not only concerned with getting awesome pictures; they want you to have an amazing day as well. Hilda shoots so many weddings that she warns you from the get go that it'll take some time to get the pictures edited and available for viewing. BE PATIENT! We know it'll be worth the wait and we are SO excited to see all the pictures. Thank you Hilda (and Carol!), you're amazing!

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Highly recommend! We haven't gotten our photos yet, but I already know they are going to be amazing from all of the previous photos I've seen from Hilda, and all of her hard work. She will crouch down in the grass, climb over things, and do whatever she needs to do to get great photos. She was just great to work with (as well as her assistand, Carol) throughout the whole day. When you're spending the whole day with your photographers, you want them to be good people, which they certainly are! She and Carol worked so well together to get everything and everyone photographed and they can also work very quickly so you can get all the people coordinated and get in lots of different shots. The few teaser photos we've seen so far were amazing! I am so unbelieveably excited to see our photos!!

• Wedding: 07/09/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Picking to work with Hilda was the easiest decision I made in all of my planning. Her work is top notch.

She was flexible with her schedule and with the package we chose...she was EXTREMELY professional, even when dealing with my rude father-in-law on the night of the wedding...Hilda and her side kick Carol came up with some creative shots at the most random times, and it goes to show they are anything but ordinary.

I will use Hilda for every important event I have need a photogrpagher for, and refer her to everyone I know.

Hands down you can enjoy your day, and know that the most important moments will be captured with Hilda behind the lens.

• Wedding: 11/20/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

She was absolutely amazing! Not only is her photography amazing, but she has an awesome personality and was beyond helpful the day of the wedding (my family was a bit crazed). I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

• Wedding: 10/02/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

BREATHTAKING, GORGEOUS, UNIQUE, BEAUTIFUL, FUN, AWESOME, DETAILED, AMAZING!!!!
These are just a few words to describe Hilda Burke's talent in photography.
I first met Hilda about a year and a half ago at the Brides Against Breast Cancer Awareness event. My wedding planner actually recommended her to me as she had worked with her several times in the past and had also used her for her own wedding. Hilda was volunteering and was taking pictures of the brides in the dresses they tried on. She took a few of me in what I didn't know at time would be the dress I would walk down the aisle in. Before I left with my wedding dress in hand, my mom and I were perusing through a few of her portfolios. I was astonished at her quality of work. Her pictures captured so many precious moments people miss so often in life. I was amazed at the detail, and uniqueness in every picture. When we left, the first thing my mom said before getting in the car was, " You are going to hire that woman right?" I knew from that very first day she was the one I wanted to capture our special little moments. The funny thing was, that I walked out of that place having bought my dress, and having hired my photographer all in one day, and I hadn't even set a date or picked a venue yet! That's how good she is!!
While I've only seen a sample of our finished photos, which are all amazing, I could not be more excited and eager to write Hilda a review to express our extreme appreciation for the services she provided for us on our wedding day.
My (now) husband and I had a few meetings with Hilda to go over all the details for our wedding day. Hilda wanted to get to know Brendan and I as individuals and get an idea of our vision of our perfect wedding day and how we wanted it captured.
When my husband and I had our engagement photos taken, Hilda was just so much fun to work with. She's so relaxed and easygoing. She will do anything she has to do to make a picture memorable, even if it means climbing a tree or laying on the ground. She is very easy to talk to and work with. She has quite the sense of humor which makes things less stressful. She's always open for ideas and willing to try anything. The session wasn't work, it wasn't boring, or redundant. I actually enjoyed our engagement session. I loved the pictures so much that I used them as our table numbers at the wedding and everyone loved them! Some people took them home with them. ( I think my grandma did :)
The day of the wedding Hilda and her assistant Carol showed up to the venue early to take pictures of us all getting ready. They were such a pleasure to work with. They kept me calm and relaxed and made me laugh or take sip of wine when I started to get emotional. One of my favorite things about Hilda, was her excitement for her work. Whenever she knew she had a good shot, she would get so excited, like a little girl who just tied her shoes for the first time. I love it! I loved seeing that excitement and passion in her face because then I knew the picture was going to be better than amazing! Perfect even!
Hilda was there with me every step of the way.
What was great about Hilda, was she wasn't that overbearing in your face photographer. I barely noticed she was there at all, yet she still seemed to capture so many beautiful moments.
Not only was she a great photographer but she was a great at delegating drink runs for me when mine was empty :) I would definitely say Hilda is the best of the best! She knows what she wants and she knows what will be great and she makes every effort to make that happen. Hilda always gives 110% and you can see it in her finished product.
She is the most talented photographer I know. She's creative, thorough and detailed. She puts so much passion and love into her photos and those she photographs. She was totally invested in making sure my husband and I would have the most memorable photos that will mark one of the most amazing days in our lives.
My family and friends till this day continue to tell me how wonderful Hilda's photos are and how excited they are to see the rest. A few of my friends who have been married tell me they wish they had Hilda as their photographer. Some of my friends now who are soon to be engaged tell me they want her contact info for when they set a date.
We would recommend Hilda to all our family and friends in a heart beat for any type of photo session. We definitely plan to use Hilda in the future for our family photos.

We can not thank Hilda enough for capturing our fairytale wedding. Brendan and I are truly grateful for having had the opportunity to work with her. We appreciated her love and passion for what she does and we are so thankful she shared our in very special day with us.
~ Love,
Katy and Brendan
September 11, 2010

• Wedding: 09/11/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am a wedding musician and have worked with Angel Eyes Photography on several occasions. The staff is so great with the bridal party and guests; they are so friendly and professional. Often, I am lucky to be able to see the end results of many of these pictures and they are AMAZING! I am always in awe of the great shots that are taken. I highly recommend Angel Eyes Photography to any bride / groom for their special day.

• Wedding: 09/05/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

First things first. When it comes to wedding photography, start to finish, Hilda Burke is absolutely FANTASTIC. I would use and recommend her again in a heartbeat.

We knew we wanted to book our wedding photographer well in advance (about ten months out)...after venue and guest list, it was the biggest, most integral of our wedding decisions. I am so grateful we found Hilda and that she was able to photograph our wedding day--especially considering it was her own wedding anniversary!!

PLANNING PHASE: When my (now) husband and I had our initial meeting with her, Hilda asked us so many questions about our relationship, our lives, and our needs and wants for our wedding photos. She also took the time (an hour and a half) to meet with me and my mom to cover final details a month or so before our wedding. This really put my mom's mind at ease (a big bonus many of you brides who've gone through weddings know).

COST: For Hilda's extreme level of talent, her work is absolutely worth every penny. I looked at many photographers' work prior to finding Hilda, and her photos speak for themselves. She was even willing to work with us to reasonably add an assistant photographer and an extra hour to our package.

DAY OF WEDDING: Hilda and her assistant Carol arrived during our getting-ready process the morning of the wedding an hour early. They proceeded to immediately begin getting a lay of the land, introducing themselves to everyone, and taking my dress outside to photograph in a beautiful backyard setting. The team helped to herd our wedding party and family through the hectic photo session at and post-church, then went with us on a 40-person bus to take photos around the city and lakefront. Hilda knew exactly what she was doing and really took some unique and gorgeous photos of our group. She also found some very unusual and special shots for my husband and I at our reception venue, The W City Center. During toasts, she shushed talking guests for us (thank you Hilda!!) and was literally down on the floor to capture special moments for us. When she and Carol were ready to leave, they checked with my husband and I, as well as my mom, to make sure they hadn't missed any must-take photos. Even after they said their goodbyes to us, I saw Hilda taking more photos!

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: Hilda is consistently thorough, talented, creative, exuberant, and just exudes an excitement and true passion for her work and those she's photographing. She is absolutely a class-act in every aspect. While I've only seen a sample of our finished photos, I could not be more excited and eager to write Hilda a rave review.

Thank you again Hilda, for adding to (and capturing) the magic of our wedding day. We will always be grateful to you for all of your help and passion for your work. Love, Kelly and Tony

• Wedding: 08/28/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

BEYOND ALL MY EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!

When I first met Hilda Burke of Angel Eyes Photography, I will admit, I was a bit nervous since I come from a family of photographers and I had high expectations - yet an open mind. I interviewed 2 photographers for my wedding day and instinctually went with Hilda, because I trusted her instincts. Hilda far surpassed any expectations I had. She is a true artist, a true professional - and her creativity is so refreshing. She truly captures YOUR event - not her idea of what your event should look like. Every day, I am still savoring the proofs she has sent me and every day I find something new to be pleased about. She will not disappoint.

• Wedding: 11/28/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly recommend Angel Eyes Photography to any bride who wants only the best quality of captured memories, on what it likely to be one of the most important days of her life!!

• Wedding: 09/09/2009
847-583-8611
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards