An Elegant Affair Bridal

Flexibility
4.3
Kacey
08/22/2015

Jen and the girls at An Elegant Affair Bridal exceeded all of my wedding dress shopping expectations! I was able to find my dream dress, a perfect veil, and shoes and jewelry that completed my look! I would definitely recommend them to any bride to be looking for a store that has a great selection with unbeatable customer service!

An Elegant Affair Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you Kacey! We are so glad that we were able to make your day perfect!

Allyson
08/01/2015

I would rate my experience with An Elegant Affair an A+. The ladies who helped me find my dress were extremely professional and kind. I thought I had my dress selection narrowed down to 2 dresses, when one of the young ladies who worked there said she had something in mind just for me. I tried it on and fell in love with it. I thought it was so thoughtful that she had her eyes open for something just for me! I ended up buying the dress. The workers here are great about remembering your name, your taste in dresses and really know what they are doing. My husband, the groomsmen, bridesmaids, the ring bearer and our dads looked absolutely stunning in their attire. I would definitely recommend this business to everyone!

Leslie
07/24/2015

Hello ladies! Thank you for the wonderful service! I can't thank you enough! You were all so fabulous and I'm so grateful I chose you! Thank you for helping me have one of the most amazing days of my life! Loved my dress! Thank you!

Recently Married

Each member of the Elegant Affair staff was extremely helpful during each part of the wedding attire process. Even if I didn't have an appointment, their staff was critical in helping me feel comfortable and ready for my big day. I would recommend their services and selection to anyone!

Emily
07/18/2015

I went to An Elegant Affair and one other bridal store on the search for the perfect dress. An Elegant Affair was a wonderful experience. The consultants are always friendly and extremely helpful. They go above and beyond to meet your needs and help to find the dress for you. They are not pushy to force you into purchasing a dress and encourage you to look around. The other store I went to was an awful experience after going to An Elegant Affair. I did not even want to try any dresses on. I ended up going right back to An Elegant Affair to purchase my dress. I highly recommend going there to find the perfect dress for you. They are always enthusiastic about your wedding planning and wedding countdown. They are just wonderful!

McKenzie
06/06/2015

I am so glad I found my wedding dress at An Elegant Affair! I had looked at a handful of stores in Iowa and Minnesota before my appointment at An Elegant Affair, and I wish I would have went there first! My appointment was such a fun experience, I tried on so many beautiful dresses before choosing my dress. Jen was so kind and patient with me. I ended up going back to the store many times to look at bridesmaid dresses before ordering, and the girls were so friendly and helpful each time. All our dresses came in very quickly, and we all loved them. One of my bridesmaids also found out she was pregnant after ordering her dress, and the staff had no problem getting extra fabric ordered for her. I called and stopped in the store many times during my wedding planning process and each time I was so happy with how helpful and friendly each staff member was! I am so glad we purchased our dresses from An Elegant Affair, I would 100% recommend the store to everyone!!

Jacy
03/28/2015

Jen and all of the girls at An Elegant Affair are so amazing! Their main focus is making sure their brides are happy. I could not be more thankful for Jen helping me find the dress of my dreams! My day was absolutely perfect and my girls and I looked fabulous!

[Private]

From the moment I walked into the door the ladies greeted me and my party. I was in and out of the store (it was my first one) within a half an hour with a dress picked out and paid for. It was so easy and they were so helpful. They were also extremely helpful when I needed a sample of the color of my dress so I could use it for planning purposes. I walked in randomly one day and they were quick to get me the swatch. I've loved my experience so far.

Andrea
03/28/2015

I felt very comfortable shopping for my wedding dress at Elegant Affair by Amy in Cedar Falls, IA. There was no pressure & they were flexible in scheduling. I really enjoyed my experience & felt special!

An Elegant Affair Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you Andrea for the great review! We hope that you had a fabulous wedding day & are glad you had a great experience here at An Elegant Affair!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The owner is fabulous and the girls up front are great to work with and are as flexible as possible. They have a wonderful seamstress in the shop about 2-3 days per week. My only disappointment is there were pins left in the bottom of my gown which i found out the hard way while i was walking and getting stabbedin my feet. This was very upsetting and I was also pissed she had me pay for a bustle and they NEVER taught any of my girls how to bustle it so I paid additional money for the bustle for nothing because none of them knew how to do so it stayed down the entire time i was in my dress which was a hazard while dancing! Someone definitely stepped on my train and ripped my gown ? which cost well over a thousand dollars!

An Elegant Affair Bridal responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the good review! We would like to think that we are very thorough as far as alterations & procedures go, so we are sorry to hear that something slipped through! We will definitely take this into consideration & reevaluate for our future brides!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Lots of options to choose from...staff was very helpful while we were determining dress styles and options. Prices were very reasonable.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

You're not going to get raging deals at An Elegant Affair, but we loved their customer service and the quality of our dresses. We purchased dresses for me, my sister/MOH and niece/flower girl here and the whole experience was pretty stress-free. By the way, their alterations person works wonders. LOVE her.

1+ year ago
4.2

Very accommodating, friendly, and know you by name. Seamstress has done an amazing job thus far!

Casey
08/14/2015
4.1

I splurged on my wedding dress and was very glad that I did. The lace on the dress was very delicate and we had some issues during fitting with the straps not laying right. The seamstress made a couple of adjustments and after a couple of fittings, it was perfect. I could not have asked for a more perfect dress for my wedding. Thanks for all your help!

An Elegant Affair Bridal responded with the following comments:

We are so glad that you had a wonderful day Casey & that our seamstress was able to make your alterations just right for you!

1+ year ago

I purhcased my wedding dress back in July, months before my wedding because of moving. An Elegant Affair housed my dressed until I was able to get back to Iowa. They also took great care of my bridesmaids after having quite the fiasco with material. A few days before our wedding date I arrived back to Iowa to try my dress on at my parents home, after having it on for a while we notice light brown stains all over my skirt. I believe it was from dirty water in the steamer. The staff was trying to be very helpful and eventually we were able to clean the entire skirt, leaving only minor stains to see in the sunlight. Moral of the story make sure you check your dress over before it leaves the store.

Recently Married
0.0

Horrible service. They ordered the dresses in the wrong sizes. Then they wanted the bridesmaids from out of town to keep coming back to get them fitted multiple times, never having a seamstress on site. Absolutely horrible alteration. Sewed the top half smaller but didn't follow through on the skirt so there was a huge bulge. Then they told us to take a picture of the dress and they would alter it off the picture. This happened to three of the bridesmaids so it wasn't a random occurrence. All three found aunt/mother who was able to fix it, so it wasn't as if it were a difficult job. Employees were rude and unorganized and offered no help. All of the bridesmaids were given different instructions on alterations and pickups. The dresses were expensive so you would think that the customer service would be excellent. Definitely not the case. Would recommend this shop to no one.