An Elegant Affair Bridal

Flexibility
3.5
Andrea
03/28/2015

I felt very comfortable shopping for my wedding dress at Elegant Affair by Amy in Cedar Falls, IA. There was no pressure & they were flexible in scheduling. I really enjoyed my experience & felt special!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Lots of options to choose from...staff was very helpful while we were determining dress styles and options. Prices were very reasonable.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

You're not going to get raging deals at An Elegant Affair, but we loved their customer service and the quality of our dresses. We purchased dresses for me, my sister/MOH and niece/flower girl here and the whole experience was pretty stress-free. By the way, their alterations person works wonders. LOVE her.

1+ year ago
4.2

Very accommodating, friendly, and know you by name. Seamstress has done an amazing job thus far!

1+ year ago

I purhcased my wedding dress back in July, months before my wedding because of moving. An Elegant Affair housed my dressed until I was able to get back to Iowa. They also took great care of my bridesmaids after having quite the fiasco with material. A few days before our wedding date I arrived back to Iowa to try my dress on at my parents home, after having it on for a while we notice light brown stains all over my skirt. I believe it was from dirty water in the steamer. The staff was trying to be very helpful and eventually we were able to clean the entire skirt, leaving only minor stains to see in the sunlight. Moral of the story make sure you check your dress over before it leaves the store.

1 Review
Recently Married
0.0

Horrible service. They ordered the dresses in the wrong sizes. Then they wanted the bridesmaids from out of town to keep coming back to get them fitted multiple times, never having a seamstress on site. Absolutely horrible alteration. Sewed the top half smaller but didn't follow through on the skirt so there was a huge bulge. Then they told us to take a picture of the dress and they would alter it off the picture. This happened to three of the bridesmaids so it wasn't a random occurrence. All three found aunt/mother who was able to fix it, so it wasn't as if it were a difficult job. Employees were rude and unorganized and offered no help. All of the bridesmaids were given different instructions on alterations and pickups. The dresses were expensive so you would think that the customer service would be excellent. Definitely not the case. Would recommend this shop to no one.