Amy Beck Cake Design LLC

Amy Beck Cake Design LLC

Not all cakes are created equal

636 N Racine
Chicago, IL 60642 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Vegan

Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our experience with Amy Beck was five star from the second we began our process with them. The tasting was fun and Amy is truly the sweetest to work with.

The day of - our cake was incredibly tasty and exactly the style I envisioned. We couldn't have been happier with Amy Beck Cake Design!

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amy made the delicious and artistic wedding cake and grooms cake for our rehearsal dinner. She was professional and timely. Not only did the cakes taste better than any typical wedding cake, but Amy worked with us to make our cake design personal. We definitely recommend her to any bride or groom!

• Wedding: 08/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amy did an amazing job on our wedding cake! She is so creative and we had a great time working with her on the design of our cake.

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The most delicious wedding cake I have ever tasted!!! A+++ in my eyes.

• Wedding: 07/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amy Beck Cake Design made our wedding cake and it was awesome - well-decorated and delicious. This was impressive for a number of reasons. First, my husband and I have very different cake ideas so we had Devil’s food cake with alternating layers of pecan cream cheese and cream cheese and Almond cake with alternating layers of hazelnut buttercream and chocolate buttercream. The whole thing was awesome. Also, I HATE fondant but Haley advised us to have it for the integrity of the cake design and promised that even my fondant-hating self would like her fondant. And she was right - the fondant was amazing and I became a convert.
Haley was a dream to work with and really "got" who we are and what we wanted our wedding cake to look like. When I saw it for the first time I was speechless. I knew my cake would be gorgeous, but didn't know just how wonderful it would be.
Also, everyone was commenting on it and how it was so DELICIOUS!!! Amy Beck Cake Design provides excellent service. You won't be disappointed!

• Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Truly as good as it gets! Amy's cakes not only look GORGEOUS, but are also BEYOND DELICIOUS. If you want to work with the ultimate professional and have absolutely NO stress, wondering if your cake will both look and taste phenomenal....Amy Beck is your gal!!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Amy did a great job designing our cake and incorporating details from my dress into the flowers on our cake. She even helped us find a cake stand to rent when I couldn't find one I was looking for online. The cake tasted fantastic, and we received lots of compliments from guests. Would definitely recommend her cakes.

• Wedding: 10/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amy Beck was fabulous to work with! We showed her photos and ideas on our ideal wedding cake, and she executed flawlessly!

She offers a great variety of flavors and fillings for most cake designs, and her services are very reasonably priced for its great quality. Cake tasted as good as it looked!

• Wedding: 09/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amy helped us with designing our wedding cake and it was perfect! Our cake was simple but very elegant and just the way we wanted it. It was also very delicious. We received many compliments on our wedding cake. Thank you!

• Wedding: 09/15/2013
Donna
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! I provided a picture of my perfect cake and it exceeded my expectations on our wedding day. It was beautiful! Great flavors to choose from as well... the pumpkin cake with salted caramel and cream cheese filling was my favorite! Amy is very easy to work with and quick to respond, very professional! THANK YOU AMY!

Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the honor of having Amy Beck Cake make both my bridal shower cake & wedding cake. People could not stop raving about the cake at the bridal shower and were over the moon when they found out they would be having it again at the wedding.
Not only were the cakes delicious they were beautiful and unique. For a one of a kind cake you won't regret going to Amy beck!
p.s. they exactly matched grooms & groomsmen ties to the cake using fabric swatch. AMAZING!
thank you guys!!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
twstybobcat
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amy was extremely accommodating to my work schedule! She and I spent over an hour sketching ideas and turned my dream cake into reality! With Amy Beck you do not need to compromise on design or flavor! My guest are still contacting me to get the bakery name!

• Wedding: 08/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We have used Amy Beck for both our daughter's weddings (August 2008 and June 2013)
The staff is wonderful, our tasting was great and we were given a lot of guidance on designing our cakes.
The cake was delivered to the venue without a problem and was displayed beautifully.
Our guests all raved about both the beauty and taste of the cake.
After using Amy Beck in 2008 there was no reason to try anyone else for the 2013 wedding.

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amy and her team are great! Amy really listened to what we wanted and was flexible and accommodating to our needs. You can tell that she is very seasoned in her field. She knows weddings cakes! She gives great recommendations and advice on some things we would have not thought about. Once we tasted her cakes, we were sold. We LOVE Amy's cakes! Amy's cakes certainly command the price that she asks for as they are so delicious!! Once you hire her, she takes care of everything. You do not have to worry about her delivering on her commitment. It went flawlessly for us!

Happy Bride
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Amy Beck for my sister's wedding in 2008 and I recently used her for my wedding in June. She is extremely talented and does a fantastic job!
My sister had done a cupcake tower in 2008 and they were delicious! My wedding cake was three tiered with cascading orange petals on the side. It looked beautiful! She was able to recommend the color scheme and it turned out great.
I would definitely recommend Amy Beck for not only your wedding but all other events too!

Private User
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious - really moist, light, and flavorful, which we hadn't always found to be the case with tasting cakes (including, to be honest, the tasting cake from Amy - probably because she was nice enough to ship it to us in New York). We ordered German chocolate, and it was a huge hit with us and with our guests. And, of course, no one makes a more gorgeous-looking cake. All-around great experience; thanks, Amy!

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
312-545-3655
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards