Amphora Catering

Amphora Catering

Favorite
Herndon, VA
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

We loved planning our wedding with Amphora and especially Candace. She was Flexible, devoted to our event, and did everything to make us feel so special!! The food was great and except a mistake with our drinks distribution (left out wines etc..) everything ran smoothly thanks to amphora's team.
We recommend their catering service and especially Candace.

Services Used: Catering

The food was absolutely delicious. All of our guests have told us how good the appetizers, dinner, and desserts were. During the cocktail hour the waiters were amazing at constantly circulating with appetizers so no one had to search around for food. The quality, taste, and portion size of their food is second to none!

The only issue was with the program they ask you import all of your guest seating arrangements into. We had a last minute table number change and the latest list wasn't pulled to use for setting up the event, therefore there was a mix up with escort cards not matching up with the table numbers. I would advice to send your event coordinator your final floor plan & table assignment list and not assume they will pull it from their program.

The waiters did an excellent job getting our guests their meals quickly and in the end everything was great. Our guests still can't stop raving about the food! Especially the dessert bar, which was almost completely gone at the end of the night, even though we had ordered for 20 more people than were attending.

Sharon
11/21/2014

I cannot say enough about Amphora and our POC Candace. Whatever was asked, changed or requested last minute the staff was there. Candace moved through our event like a magical genie making sure my husband and I were satisfied.
They incorporated our movie theme throughout our wedding, adding movie reels, clappers and projectors throughout the wedding.
The food was outstanding!!!! We received so many praises on dinner. Especially the braised beef rib, it was to die for! The only complaint my husband and I had was we didn't get to taste the delicious chicken wings before they were all gone.
I cannot thank Amphora, Candace and her crew enough. We will definitely use this company for future events.

Recently Married

I would highly recommend Amphora for your catering! They provided service and food of a five star restaurant. The presentation of the food was amazing. The food on the buffet stayed hot from the first guest to the last one. Our guests could not stop talking about their appetizers: specifically their crab dip, artichoke and spinach dip, and their chicken and waffles. Munira was fabulous to work with. She made sure everything you wanted was done exactly as you requested. The bride and groom felt like they were treated like royalty. Highly recommend Amphora!!

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake

I loved working with Munira at Amphora. She was professional, helpful, prompt and responsive. They catered my wedding at Breaux Vineyards. The food was fantastic and the set up was gorgeous! I will definitely use her again for corporate events, birthdays, etc. I highly recommend them!

4.7

After a few mishaps about our contract, I am completely pleased and happy with what Amphora provided for our wedding. The food was great, I am still getting compliments from guests. The service was worth the money. All the presentations looked high end, Amphora did not cut corners! Our cake looked beautiful, but not the best I ever had which was a little disappointing, it tasted better during our tasting than it did on our wedding night.

4.3

The food was delicious, hot, and perfect for an August wedding. All of the guests praised the food and how wonderful it all looked and tasted. However, it was frustrating that we had to switch my contact person half way through my wedding planning and I was never really told what was happening. I also felt like we were nickle and dimed... they made very odd charges on our bill like a set-up fee, taxes, and production fee. Isn't the production fee similar to the set-up and break-down fees? The presentation of the food and taste was better than I thought possible for a wedding of 140 people.

Services Used: Catering

We recently used Amphora to cater our rehearsal dinner at my parent's home and I could not believe how incredible the service and the food was! It surpassed my expectations! Candace and the crew she had were outstanding!

Services Used: Catering

We chose Amphora as our catering company because they had the most experience at our venue and we felt confident in Patricia as our Event Specialist. Unfortunately, Patricia left a couple months before our wedding and we started working with Candace and Angela. We were disappointed in the service because it did take a long time for the dinner food to come out and we were already eating late as it was. However, many of our guests said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Amphora was also very flexible and willing to accommodate our schedule which we appreciated. As this was one of Candace's first weddings at the venue, I am confident that things will improve.

1 Review
0.0

They were awful! We were considering them for our wedding but we could never get them to respond and when they did it was to say please give them more time to formulate a food proposal. It had been 3 mos of waiting and we have still never received a catering proposal. We talked with numerous people too and all were not helpful. Needless to say we went with someone else.

Charlotte
04/25/2014
3.6

I love this restaurant and was excited to host our family and friends here for the rehearsal dinner. The food was FANTASTIC!! However, the servers were sloppy, did not offer beverages to our guests, and forgot to serve the rolls. We will still eat here when we are in town but won't use them again for an event.

Dear Charlotte,

I am contacting you on behalf of Amphora Group. My name is Kerrin Delaney and I am the Director of Customer Care for Amphora. I recently received the review you posted regarding your recent rehearsal dinner at our private banquet room and wanted to first off thank you for your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. I am sharing the information you posted with our management team so determine the setbacks with your service. Can you explain more about the sloppiness you are referring to about our service team?

4.1

I had mixed feelings with our vendor:

The Pros: Quality was amazing. Food was delicious. Presentation was superb. The price and quality was unbeatable. Serving staff was pleasant and professional. Our account manager really listened to what we wanted and offered great tips/advice.

The Cons: We had 3 different account managers (quit?fired?) and they were not very responsive the month leading up to our wedding. A week before our wedding, we had a tragedy and I specifically asked the catering manager (who ended up being our point of contact at the end) to forgo our original set-up plan for one of our tables and instead only set it for 6 (instead of 9). She assured me that they would handle the situation but when we arrived at the reception, the issue was not handled properly. I normally would not nit-pick something like this, but the fact that we SPECIFICALLY asked her to handle the situation and she assured be she would. Also, One item appeared on our menu that we did not approve of before hand, and one we expected was not served (and we were not notified).

I would still recommend this service to a friend, as the food was fantastic. I hope that they quickly remedy their staffing issue so that every couple can have a great experience and important memos are not overlooked.

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake

I have used Amphora's Bakery for years and only because their cakes are so delicious! I had attended an event that was catered by Amphora and knew then that I would want them to cater my wedding. Angela the owner is awesome and really creative. I was blown away by the food at my wedding and the services that was provided. Everything I wanted and that they offered met my expectations. I highly recommend Amphora to do your catering, they really know how to handle their events so that you can enjoy yourself. All of my guests commented how great the food and service was. Thank you to Angela and the Amphora team!

Amphora Catering responded with the following comments:

Hi Michelle! Thank you for your wonderful review. Providing you with great food and service is our main goal and we are glad that we have exceeded your expectations. We are honored to serve you on your special day and we look forward to serving you again on your next events!

From you friends at Amphora

1+ year ago

Five stars all the way. Once we sat for a tasting, we knew the food would be good. Marcelo and Patricia worked with us for about a year to make my daughter's wedding flawless. They helped with the setup of our décor and helped to keep everyone cool. The service and setup during cocktail hour and dinner was exceptional. Our guests had only to nod and someone was there to take care of their needs. Cleanup was taken care of very efficiently and everyone left the facility within an hour and half, leaving the place spotless. The cake from Amphora Bakery was beautiful and just exactly what my daughter ordered. Thank you, Amphora, for taking such good care of us on such a special day!

Amphora Catering responded with the following comments:

On Behalf of our team here at Amphora Catering and Bakery, We would like to thank you for the excellent review of our services. We are grateful to be part of your daughter's special day. It is our goal to make each event flawless and memorable for our clients. We hope you will continue to choose Amphora for all your catering and bakery needs.

Speaking of Amphora Bakery, we do have Amphora Bakery page on wedding wire, we would appreciate to hear more about your cake review. Once again Thank You for letting us be a part of your wonderful day.

Best Wishes,

your friends at Amphora

Judith
01/11/2014

Thank you for our wedding cake! Absolutely beautiful and the best part.. everybody loved it! It was perfect... very delicious and the right amount of sweetness!! Thank you for making our day even more special!!

Amphora Catering responded with the following comments:

It's our pleasure to make you wedding day extra special! We're glad that everyone liked it! For all your cake and pastries need we are here to make it happen. Thank you very much and it was our pleasure to serve you!

0.5

I was extremely surprised at the lack of quality of the wedding cake and the cupcakes that we received for our wedding. It literally took my husband three tries to HACK into the cake to get a piece… We have a wedding photo of him holding the top cake since we couldn’t cut it. I was very disappointed as I’ve ordered many items over the years from them, and everything tasted great, but for our wedding, it seemed like they made everything a few days before. I've tried to reach out to Amphora to discuss my dissatisfaction and all I keep getting is that someone will call you back... so far it’s been three weeks with no call back/email. I certainly will not recommend them again nor will I use them again.

1 person found this review helpful