Ambient DJ Service

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Our wedding was on August 19, 2014 and it wouldn't have been as wonderful if it wasn't for Gregg and DJ Nice (Greg) at Ambient DJ. From the very beginning in the planning of all our songs to the actual day, Greg was professional, prompt and responsive. He helped customize all the songs we wanted and really made our day special.

As an addition, I'd have to say that Greg was the coordinator for our whole wedding. I felt he was the point person for talking to all our other vendors to make sure everything was scheduled and on time. Also when our guest weren't dancing, Greg got everyone (even the old people) to get out of the chairs and dance!

I can't rave enough about Greg and co. You can tell they love DJ'ing for couples and it shows.

If I could give 6 points on this 5 scale I would!

Services Used: DJ

DJ Greg Nice was so amazing at our wedding! He was brilliant, vibrant and enthusiastic. I wouldnt recommend any other DJ service! Thanks to him our weddings tone was set in the most joyful way.

Mary Jo
07/05/2014

DJ Gregg and Ambient DJ Service was exceptional. Having done other events and been to many weddings, the DJ can make or break the reception festivities. Gregg was amazing, from working with the bride and groom (my daughter and now son-in-law) on their play and do not play list to executing it all perfectly. Gregg abided by our wishes for light music during cocktails and dinner so that our guests got to talk with one another. But he then got the party started, playing the song "Happy" complete with minions that we provided, which were part of a family joke with the bride and groom. Every table that I visited commented on how great the music was. But the best part was that EVERYONE was on the dance floor during the reception, quite a testament to DJ Gregg. I would highly recommend Ambient DJ Service and especially DJ Gregg!! Mary Jo Buchanan, Mom of the Bride

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I are so grateful to DJ Gregg from Ambient DJ Service for making our wedding reception truly incredible! The first thing that drew us to Ambient DJs was their easy to navigate website and amazing reviews from other couples. After deciding to use their services for our wedding, we communicated with DJ Gregg who helped develop our contract and sent us the online DJ planning forms. The online DJ planning forms made it so easy to choose the music that we had to have at our reception, and even allowed us to choose the music that we did not want to hear. It was very simple to save and edit the lists as new music came out. In addition, Ambient DJs has a Pinterest board in which they give suggestions for songs to use which was extremely helpful as well. The best part about working with Ambient DJs was interacting with DJ Gregg. Throughout every correspondence with him, he was incredibly responsive, understanding, patient, and flexible. As our wedding date neared, he put up with many e-mails and changes to the schedule of our reception with grace. At the reception, he did a wonderful job leading the dances, special activities, etc. Although Evan and I chose the music, it was really Gregg who did an amazing job choosing what songs to play when to get the party started. Evan and I love to dance so we really wanted our reception to be a celebration with everyone out on the dance floor and Gregg made that possible. People we have never seen dance were having a blast on the dance floor. A huge thank you to DJ Gregg and Ambient DJs for an unforgettable wedding reception!!

Erin and Evan Chaney

Services Used: DJ

Ambient DJ's did such an amazing job for my wife and I. Gregg was very professional and helped us through the whole DJ process. Our MC DJ Spinz and our DJ, DJ AQ rocked the house all night and everyone had nothing but great things to say about the music and presentation! I recommend any couple to go the Ambient DJ's they will bring nothing but Joy to your wedding and the whole wedding planning process!

1 Review
Recently Married

DJ Spinz was absolutely amazing for our July 4th wedding! From the minute we started working with him we knew we were in good hands. He was professional every step of the way. He helped us decide on lighting and music selections, which made the whole process so much easier. Everyone tells us that we had a great variety of music that appealed to everyone. He even had a few choice songs that really made a few photo ops occur! A sure sign of a good wedding is when everyone is up and dancing and that's what everyone was doing almost immediately. We recommend Ambient DJ to anyone who is looking for quality service at a reasonable price. Couldn't be happier!

Services Used: DJ

Highly recommend. Great job! My guests kept commenting on how great the music was

1+ year ago

Gregg was great and easy to work with. The price is spot on and he is very professional. His music got everyone up and dancing all night. Highly recommended!

Services Used: DJ

Gregg was absolutely amazing...we couldn't have asked for a better DJ! He was a recommendation from a friend who used him for a party, and I'm very happy I called him.

From the start, Gregg was very understanding of what we were looking to accomplish (party!) and met with us numerous times to be sure our wedding would go off without a hitch. Our wedding was a little unique, and Gregg was able to take what we had in mind and make it come to life. He had great suggestions (all of which we took!) and truly worked our audience.

Our wedding was exactly what we wanted - a HUGE party. Everyone at our venue said they have never seen that many people on their dance floor at once...and it was all because of Gregg! Book with him...you will NOT be disappointed!

Services Used: DJ

DJ Gregg worked a good friend of mine's wedding back in '11 and did an awesome job. Very unobtrusive and definitely keep the floor moving. When it was come time to plan my own wedding in October '13, Gregg and Ambient were my first and only stop. Gregg's awesome to work with and was extremely organized and professional in every way. He took care of most of our many, many song requests (we gave the poor guy a ton) and found a logical time to work in some of our more out-there choices. We couldn't have asked for more. If you're looking for someone who's going to get your guests on the floor and moving without acting like a carnival barker or circus ringmaster (exactly what we did NOT want), Gregg's your guy! Use him!

1+ year ago

"Your DJ is the best!" is one of the most common compliments we got after our wedding. Gregg was a pleasure to work with. He came to NYC to meet with us at our venue to plan the day. We didn't have a set song list but he knew from the few examples we gave him what music style we like. Gregg also read the crowd well on the wedding day and the dance floor was full the entire night. We highly recommend Ambient DJs!!

Services Used: DJ

Professional service and attire. Flexible with the changes of a complex multicultural wedding. Quick email and phone responses, never greater than 24 hours, most within 30 minutes.

It was a great time. Received great comments from guests. We would do business with them again without hesitation if the need arises.

Recommended to us from a friend as well.

Services Used: DJ

Gregg at Ambient DJs is absolutely the best. My husband and I have eclectic taste in music, but he was able to turn everything we liked into one of the best set lists I have ever heard. There was barely a moment when people weren't dancing, and the music flowed together so wonderfully.

He did a great job incorporating all of the tastes of everyone there, and it was just amazing. Without him to set the party mood, our wedding would have been a bust!

If the need were to ever arise, I would hire Gregg again in a minute!!

Services Used: DJ

Gregg is a wonderful DJ and you should just hire him. We met to talk about what we wanted at our wedding and instantly felt that he was perfect. He makes it easy to create song lists that you definitely want to hear. At our reception, the party rocked! Gregg knew exactly how to keep people dancing. He was never cheesy, never drew attention to himself, he was classy and fun. There's no reason to look further, he will help make your wedding perfect.

Brian
09/14/2013

Ambient DJ Service is great and I would recommend them to anybody looking for a DJ. They have reasonable pricing and the owner is a great guy. We used their service during our wedding and they really helped make our wedding an amazing day. We had a lot of compliments about how much fun our wedding was and that people cared more about dancing than they did their food. There were people of all ages up there. Thank you so much for helping make it a great evening for everyone.

Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:

Dear Brian,

Thank you for sharing your experience on WeddingWire! I had a blast as well entertaining at yours and Kalyakorn's awesome multicultural wedding reception at Galloping Hill. Wishing the two of you all of the best, and please stay in touch!

Sincerely, DJ Gregg Ambient

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I got married on September 6, 2013 and used Ambient DJ for not only our reception, but also our ceremony and cocktail hour music. Gregg and his team were absolutely wonderful. They were able to find beautiful instrumental versions of songs to use for processionals during the ceremony, and their blog proved very helpful with deciding on what sort of music to have played during the cocktail hour. During the reception, the MC helped get people out on the dance floor and handed props out to make it a full on party. The events of the night (first dances, toasts, cake cutting, garter & bouquet toss, anniversary dance, shoe game, etc.) ran flawlessly. It was clear everyone at the wedding was having a good time and enjoying the variety of music that was played...my husband and I were very pleased that we got to hear all of our picks! Thanks to Ambient DJ, I know our guests will be talking about our wedding for years to come.