Princeton, NJ
Value
Flexibility
1 Review
Recently Married

DJ Spinz was absolutely amazing for our July 4th wedding! From the minute we started working with him we knew we were in good hands. He was professional every step of the way. He helped us decide on lighting and music selections, which made the whole process so much easier. Everyone tells us that we had a great variety of music that appealed to everyone. He even had a few choice songs that really made a few photo ops occur! A sure sign of a good wedding is when everyone is up and dancing and that's what everyone was doing almost immediately. We recommend Ambient DJ to anyone who is looking for quality service at a reasonable price. Couldn't be happier!

Services Used: DJ

Highly recommend. Great job! My guests kept commenting on how great the music was

1+ year ago

Gregg was great and easy to work with. The price is spot on and he is very professional. His music got everyone up and dancing all night. Highly recommended!

Services Used: DJ

Gregg was absolutely amazing...we couldn't have asked for a better DJ! He was a recommendation from a friend who used him for a party, and I'm very happy I called him.

From the start, Gregg was very understanding of what we were looking to accomplish (party!) and met with us numerous times to be sure our wedding would go off without a hitch. Our wedding was a little unique, and Gregg was able to take what we had in mind and make it come to life. He had great suggestions (all of which we took!) and truly worked our audience.

Our wedding was exactly what we wanted - a HUGE party. Everyone at our venue said they have never seen that many people on their dance floor at once...and it was all because of Gregg! Book with him...you will NOT be disappointed!

Services Used: DJ

DJ Gregg worked a good friend of mine's wedding back in '11 and did an awesome job. Very unobtrusive and definitely keep the floor moving. When it was come time to plan my own wedding in October '13, Gregg and Ambient were my first and only stop. Gregg's awesome to work with and was extremely organized and professional in every way. He took care of most of our many, many song requests (we gave the poor guy a ton) and found a logical time to work in some of our more out-there choices. We couldn't have asked for more. If you're looking for someone who's going to get your guests on the floor and moving without acting like a carnival barker or circus ringmaster (exactly what we did NOT want), Gregg's your guy! Use him!

1+ year ago

"Your DJ is the best!" is one of the most common compliments we got after our wedding. Gregg was a pleasure to work with. He came to NYC to meet with us at our venue to plan the day. We didn't have a set song list but he knew from the few examples we gave him what music style we like. Gregg also read the crowd well on the wedding day and the dance floor was full the entire night. We highly recommend Ambient DJs!!

Services Used: DJ

Professional service and attire. Flexible with the changes of a complex multicultural wedding. Quick email and phone responses, never greater than 24 hours, most within 30 minutes.

It was a great time. Received great comments from guests. We would do business with them again without hesitation if the need arises.

Recommended to us from a friend as well.

Services Used: DJ

Gregg at Ambient DJs is absolutely the best. My husband and I have eclectic taste in music, but he was able to turn everything we liked into one of the best set lists I have ever heard. There was barely a moment when people weren't dancing, and the music flowed together so wonderfully.

He did a great job incorporating all of the tastes of everyone there, and it was just amazing. Without him to set the party mood, our wedding would have been a bust!

If the need were to ever arise, I would hire Gregg again in a minute!!

Services Used: DJ

Gregg is a wonderful DJ and you should just hire him. We met to talk about what we wanted at our wedding and instantly felt that he was perfect. He makes it easy to create song lists that you definitely want to hear. At our reception, the party rocked! Gregg knew exactly how to keep people dancing. He was never cheesy, never drew attention to himself, he was classy and fun. There's no reason to look further, he will help make your wedding perfect.

Brian
09/14/2013

Ambient DJ Service is great and I would recommend them to anybody looking for a DJ. They have reasonable pricing and the owner is a great guy. We used their service during our wedding and they really helped make our wedding an amazing day. We had a lot of compliments about how much fun our wedding was and that people cared more about dancing than they did their food. There were people of all ages up there. Thank you so much for helping make it a great evening for everyone.

Dear Brian,

Thank you for sharing your experience on WeddingWire! I had a blast as well entertaining at yours and Kalyakorn's awesome multicultural wedding reception at Galloping Hill. Wishing the two of you all of the best, and please stay in touch!

Sincerely, DJ Gregg Ambient

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I got married on September 6, 2013 and used Ambient DJ for not only our reception, but also our ceremony and cocktail hour music. Gregg and his team were absolutely wonderful. They were able to find beautiful instrumental versions of songs to use for processionals during the ceremony, and their blog proved very helpful with deciding on what sort of music to have played during the cocktail hour. During the reception, the MC helped get people out on the dance floor and handed props out to make it a full on party. The events of the night (first dances, toasts, cake cutting, garter & bouquet toss, anniversary dance, shoe game, etc.) ran flawlessly. It was clear everyone at the wedding was having a good time and enjoying the variety of music that was played...my husband and I were very pleased that we got to hear all of our picks! Thanks to Ambient DJ, I know our guests will be talking about our wedding for years to come.

Services Used: DJ

Gregg was a total pleasure to work with. I had talked to about 7 other vendors before selecting Gregg and I'm confident I made the right choice for the following reasons.
1. Everyone else I talked to didn't seem to listen well to what I wanted. They were more interested in telling me what they normally do. Gregg was very attentive to the things I told him about what atmosphere and style of wedding we wanted and was really able to connect with us about that.
2. Price. The DJ services Gregg provides are priced well below the competition. I seriously doubt you could find any professional DJ cheaper, let alone someone as professional and experienced as Gregg. Once we had contacted him, we were on his mailing list and received a coupon on valentine's day or some holiday that ended up reducing our already low price.
3. Professionalism. I cannot express the degree to which I was impressed with the professionalism shown by Gregg and his assistant from the minute I first contacted him to the last dance on our wedding night. As I mentioned he listened to exactly what we wanted and blended our preferences with his vast experience and knowledge of music. At heart he is a music junkie and can talk to you about your favorite artists as long as you like and really make you feel comfortable and in good hands. I am particularly sensitive to working with vendors who seem pushy and I NEVER felt any pressure from Gregg about anything. He was extremely low-key but completely on top of everything.
4. Flexibility. We wanted a custom mashup for our first dance and Gregg spent time getting those tracks and making custom fades and going back and forth until we were happy. He didn't charge us extra for this and now we have a custom track to keep for ever. This is only one example of the great service we got from Gregg.

Overall I am extremely happy and would recommend Gregg to anyone for any type of event.

Services Used: DJ

Very professionally done. Dj Spinz is a true master of his craft. Our day was made even more
Enjoyable by his tremendous work and effort put in to our special day. Will recommend his services to anyone who wants everything done right, smooth, and with a big smile and laugh

Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:

Thank you Josh & Mary for taking the time to post this awesome review! It was great seeing you recently at Marci & Dan's wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

Using Ambient DJ for our wedding on July 4, 2013 was one of the most brilliant decisions we’ve ever made! We can’t begin to even express how wonderful Gregg and Chris (AKA DJ Spinz) were. They truly made our wedding an absolutely amazing experience. From the beginning, Gregg was such a pleasure to work with. He spent a lot of time with us planning out our music and what we wanted because we had a lot of unique requests for the big day! Gregg ALWAYS responded to any silly music question/request that we had….even when it was two days before the day of the wedding. He was incredibly professional, knowledgeable, and so helpful in planning the music for the most important day of our lives. He went out of his way to answer my email when he was on vacation in Jamaica to put me at ease that he had the music we had requested at last minute. Both Gregg and Chris were such amazing DJs the day of the wedding. All of our guests kept commenting to us that it was truly the best DJs they’d ever seen at a wedding. They made everything flow along so smoothly and went above and beyond their duties by allowing our 6 ½ year old son to “DJ” along with them. My favorite part of the night….besides marrying my husband….was watching Jad’s smile as he stood with headphones on and Gregg let him scratch a track on a record. They made our wedding truly unforgettable. We were very happy to work with them and would be happy to recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ. Ambient DJ is truly outstanding!

Dear Margaret,

This is one of the best reviews we've ever received! Thank you for sharing your experience and appreciating the details that go into planning an incredible wedding reception such as yours.

Please send our best to Curt and Jad.

Yours truly,

DJ Gregg & DJ Spinz

Services Used: DJ

Lots of compliments on how great a job Greg did as our DJ. The evening went very well, just as planned and discussed in advance. Greg kept the wedding guests entertained and found me when I was needed on the dance floor!

Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:

Thank you Kristin for taking the time to post this awesome review! I always enjoy it when a bride spends a good portion of her reception on the dance floor as you did. Best wishes to you and Nick!

Services Used: DJ

We hired Ambient DJ Service for our Wedding back on October 27, 2012. Gregg Hollmann got back to me promptly and he was available for our date in October. We met a few months later to go over the details and he knew exactly what we wanted. Their service is professional and my guests were on the dance floor all night at our reception. The lighting and sound system was absolutely amazing! They are competitively priced with other DJ services in our area and they even gave me a discount. I would highly recommend them for any special occasion requiring top notch service. Thanks again!! Mr & Mrs Anthony Puleo Jr.