Ambient DJ Service

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I began planning for my wedding with Gregg over a year before the date and he was always responsive. He is a recommended vendor by a friend who is a wedding planner, but I actually just happened to find him through researching online. No matter how many emails, he ways responded to all my questions. When we met with Gregg closer to the wedding, he listened to everything that we wanted. He found all the songs we needed for the ceremony and reception, which included a Thai song to dance with my father and a ️Broadway song to dance with my husband. DJ Greg nice emceed our wedding and he was energetic and kept everyone on the dance floor. I couldn't have found nicer DJ's who really pay attention to detail. We played a name that tune game during the centerpiece giveaway and Gregg incorporated songs that related to me and my husband. My sister even last minute surprised me with a dance and they provided the song she needed. I also loved how DJ Gregg gave me the mic at the end of the night so I could sing our last party song!! Everything they did was absolutely perfect and you can't beat the price! The photobooth people they work with were also amazing and made a book for us at the end of the night of everyone's pictures as well as a USB of all the photos. I am recommending ambient djs to anyone I know and since Gregg is my Instagram friend, I know we'll be keeping in touch!

jandawedding
06/27/2015

Gregg was the DJ for my wedding, and I couldn't have been happier with my decision! He was responsive and detailed in all of our email correspondences (and I definitely sent more than a few emails). His planning forms were easy to use and allowed me to make clear what I wanted for the ceremony and reception. During the reception, he did a great job keeping everybody energized--and knew when it was time to go back to slow dances when we needed a break. The assistant Gregg brought with him (I wish I knew his name!) was great as well; he was dancing around the ballroom all night, keeping all the guests entertained with his awesome dance moves! Finally, I used Ambient DJ for uplighting and a monogram display in my reception room. Both made my venue even more beautiful (and Ambient DJ's prices for everything are more than reasonable).

Ultimately, I would recommend Ambient DJ Services to anyone in need of a DJ--especially detail-oriented brides! Thanks DJ Gregg!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

We worked with Gregg from Ambient DJ Service and he was phenomenal. We heard him DJ at our friends' wedding and knew we wanted him at ours! He was great to work with from the planning to the wedding night. Gregg was able to keep people dancing all night which was important to us. I would recommend Ambient DJ Service to anyone looking for a DJ!

Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:

Thank you Wendy and Brandon for leaving this kind review and for being our company's biggest #cheerleader !

Services Used: DJ

DJs Gregg and Gary were a pleasure to work with in planning our wedding! Gregg was prompt and professional in all of our discussions. The planning forms were great to help us figure out how we wanted our day to go and what music we wanted to play. Gary was professional and easy to talk to. Our detail meeting was quick and easy and I was confident that he understood what we wanted. On the big day, Gary was great! Our guest had a wonderful time and commented on how great both the music and DJ Gary were. Thank you both for making our day awesome!

Services Used: DJ

First, DJ Iron Mike was absolutely amazing!!!!! From the beginning, Mike was ALWAYS available. He helped plan the entire playlist for my wedding and made me felt that I had the final decision on everything. He was very knowledgeable and his easy going manner allowed us to work together on how the flow of the night should be based on my vision. My husband and I knew from the first meeting that DJ Mike was definitely the right choice for our wedding. The music leading to the ceremony, the ceremony music, cocktail hour, reception, everything was BEYOND anything I could have dreamed of. People were swaying in their seats, to getting right up and dancing in the middle of dinner. Guests complained on how they were upset they were that the waiters were removing people from the dance floor to eat dinner. The compliments on the music continue to pour in from our guests as well as the complaints of how their feet and muscles still hurt from all the dancing all night long. From my children (ages 3-7) to my parents (65-70) and every age in between, everyone had a BLAST!!!! The playlist for the night was well thought out and timed amazingly, the final outcome Beautiful. Would not change one thing about the whole interaction with Ambient DJ service as well as my wedding night. Couldn't have ask for or even found anything better with any other DJ service. I would without reservation and without a doubt in my mind, recommend DJ Mike for any and all of your DJ services that you may need. 10 STARS!!!!!!!!!!

Recently Married

DJ Gregg and his assistant provided the music for my daughter's wedding and I couldn't have been happier with the service. He worked with Tracy and Brendon on the selection of music from the music being played as guests arrived right on through to the last dance of the night at the reception. At one point he even was out on the floor leading some of the line dances!

Thank you for providing a great musical backdrop to this a great day!

Services Used: DJ

We just got married last weekend and had a fantastic experience with DJ Chris Smith. He was professional, intuitive and really listened to what we wanted. Chris created the exact ambiance that we wanted and many of our guests complemented the music and mood of our wedding. We highly recommend him and would use him again for any future events in a heartbeat!

Services Used: DJ

DJ Gregg and his assistant were amazing! They kept everybody on the dance floor and happy for the entire night. He was easy to communicate with and responded to all my questions and concerns almost immediately! He is very personable and meeting with him was easy and straight forward. He definitely knows what he is doing!!!! I would highly recommend him and his company!

Recently Married

Gregg was very easy to work with. He accommodates your likes and dislikes very easily and does requests. My husband and I weren't sure about certain musical selections since this is our first (and only) wedding and we left it up to Gregg since he has done so many. Everything Gregg did seamed to go smoothly and everyone enjoyed the music and said Gregg did a great job with announcements as well.

Services Used: DJ

There are not enough positive things that I can say about our experience with Ambient DJ service. Gregg was the first DJ we contacted, and once we met with him, it became obvious that he was also going to be the last. From the start Gregg was very easy to work with and very open about his style, as Gregg was as concerned about making sure he was a good fit for us as we were for him. Gregg offered a lot of printed and digital information which made it very easy and convenient to help us build the perfect sound for our wedding. Gregg gave us space and time to work on our tracks, he was prompt with responses when we had questions, and was always willing to help with professional feedback when we were stuck. My wife and I had the idea of asking our guests for a list of tracks that they wanted to hear, and what we ended up with was a giant mixing bowl of songs spanning 6 decades. Not only was Gregg supportive of our idea, he somehow found a way to tie the requests together to have it all come together in a way we didn’t think possible. As far as the reception goes, it went off without a hitch. The dance floor was never quiet, seats were often vacant, and we have a night full of unbelievable memories. Gregg was receptive, responsive, and engaging. He made sure the wedding was our style (even down to the request about keeping the volume down at certain parts for our older guests) and I would recommend his Ambient DJ Services to anyone looking for a great and affordable DJ service. I would also recommend their photobooth services, as we booked them fairly late and are so unbelievably happy that we did. We decided to forego a traditional wedding gift and instead booked the photo booth, and we ended up with not only great stories and the gratitude of our guests, but also a beautiful book of memories of our guests enjoying our wedding. We were given the option to customize the layout for the pictures, which few photobooth services had offered us, and it helped to really make t

Services Used: DJ

Has to be the best DJ in the Tri-State area! Also a great value! We received a recommendation for Ambient from a wedding industry professional, and could not be happier we chose them for our wedding!

DJ Gregg Ambient made the music planning process for our wedding enjoyable and simple. He is extremely professional, always prompt and clear with communication via email, phone or in-person. From our experience, he is also very adaptable -- knowledgable enough about music that he can create a whole playlist for you basically from scratch, but also willing to let you write "the perfect playlist" if you're music junkies like my wife & I. You can use his online playlist function or email or whatever you are most comfortable with to discuss your choices. And let me reiterate, DJ Gregg Ambient knows music -- from modern pop / hip-hop to gypsy jazz and everything in between. He even gave me a brilliant suggestion for my own aisle music, a string quartet cover of Duran Duran's "Hungry Like The Wolf" that everyone loved!

On the day of our wedding, DJ Gregg Ambient and Greg Nice were punctual and professional. They handled the cocktail hour with grace and got the dance floor moving when it was that time. They were equally good with the slow songs and the fast songs. The two Greg's are a great team together, and even handled some of our more, shall we say, overbearing family members with aplomb. I can't recommend Ambient DJ highly enough if you have a wedding or other event. Tremendous people who run a great business. Hire them for your music, it will be the best money you spend for your event!

Recently Married

Very happy with DJ Gregg. He was professional, prepared and very flexible. We had a special request to have two of our friends MC our wedding for us. He obliged and bought all the necessary equipment for this specific setup. Additionally, his services were affordable, he answers all of his emails within 24 hours and his great taste in music had everyone dancing!

Services Used: DJ

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Gregg Holliman, Ambient, and our wedding DJ, Greg Nice.

There were so many things that concerned me about my wedding DJ. This was my second wedding, and my first DJ had been less than stellar. I had absolutely nothing to worry about with Gregg and Ambient. From the very first minute, Greg Nice kept the party moving and worked with me to make sure everything was exactly the way I wanted it. He went out of his way to make sure he had everyone's name pronounced correctly, and when we chose an "off the radar" wedding song, Greg went out of his way to find it.

If you have the opportunity to book this DJ, do so - no questions asked!

Services Used: DJ

I am so happy I choose Ambient DJ for my wedding. I was a busy bride trying to plan a wedding and I was blessed to have great venders all around. I booked DJ Gregg after one phone conversation! DJ Gregg was so easy going, confident and professional. We had 3 zones at our wedding at the Renault Winery and he and DJ Jazz were able to run all 3 flawlessly. My ceremony music was a bit different and getting the timing right was crucial to my big moment. DJ Gregg was prepared to live edit the track and re-loop it if needed. The man paid attention to all of my wedding day details and was available to answer any question at any time. His announcements and music selections were spot on. I would recommend Ambient DJ services to anyone considering a DJ. His professionalism and enthusiasm will win you over! Thanks DJ Gregg!

Services Used: DJ

We couldn't have asked for a better experience !!! Gregg was our DJ and did an awesome job !!! The music was perfect and everyone had a blast. People commented on how you could enjoy the music and still carry on a conversation. We would highly recommend Ambient DJ Services to anyone planning a wedding.

Services Used: DJ

DJ Gregg Hollmann of Ambient DJ Service is a true professional within the NJ DJ community! After calling him in a panic to let him know that a DJ had cancelled one week before our daughter's wedding, he calmly and efficiently went about finding us a replacement and putting together the rest of the process with our venue. His communications were timely, clear and effective. He was understanding and sympathetic...in no time the problem was solved. DJ Gregg put us back on track with DJ Iron Mike. Mike arrived, set up quickly, created the atmosphere we were anticipating and went with the flow. His services that evening added so much to the celebration...he was sensitive to appropriate music for the quieter moment like the ceremony and dinner but also livened up the cocktail hour and dance floor with all the requested and other popular tunes. So grateful to them both for coming to the rescue in style! Thanks DJ Gregg and DJ Iron Mike! We would recommend for everyone's parties without hesitation.