Ambient DJ Service

Ambient DJ Service

Keeping New Jersey in the Mix!

Princeton, NJ | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Gregg Holliman, Ambient, and our wedding DJ, Greg Nice.

There were so many things that concerned me about my wedding DJ. This was my second wedding, and my first DJ had been less than stellar. I had absolutely nothing to worry about with Gregg and Ambient. From the very first minute, Greg Nice kept the party moving and worked with me to make sure everything was exactly the way I wanted it. He went out of his way to make sure he had everyone's name pronounced correctly, and when we chose an "off the radar" wedding song, Greg went out of his way to find it.

If you have the opportunity to book this DJ, do so - no questions asked!

• Wedding: 12/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so happy I choose Ambient DJ for my wedding. I was a busy bride trying to plan a wedding and I was blessed to have great venders all around. I booked DJ Gregg after one phone conversation! DJ Gregg was so easy going, confident and professional. We had 3 zones at our wedding at the Renault Winery and he and DJ Jazz were able to run all 3 flawlessly. My ceremony music was a bit different and getting the timing right was crucial to my big moment. DJ Gregg was prepared to live edit the track and re-loop it if needed. The man paid attention to all of my wedding day details and was available to answer any question at any time. His announcements and music selections were spot on. I would recommend Ambient DJ services to anyone considering a DJ. His professionalism and enthusiasm will win you over! Thanks DJ Gregg!

• Wedding: 12/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Gregg Hollmann of Ambient DJ Service is a true professional within the NJ DJ community! After calling him in a panic to let him know that a DJ had cancelled one week before our daughter's wedding, he calmly and efficiently went about finding us a replacement and putting together the rest of the process with our venue. His communications were timely, clear and effective. He was understanding and sympathetic...in no time the problem was solved. DJ Gregg put us back on track with DJ Iron Mike. Mike arrived, set up quickly, created the atmosphere we were anticipating and went with the flow. His services that evening added so much to the celebration...he was sensitive to appropriate music for the quieter moment like the ceremony and dinner but also livened up the cocktail hour and dance floor with all the requested and other popular tunes. So grateful to them both for coming to the rescue in style! Thanks DJ Gregg and DJ Iron Mike! We would recommend for everyone's parties without hesitation.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Gregg was fantastic, we are so glad we picked Ambient DJ for our wedding. Gregg was very responsive and professional throughout the planning process. We live outside of NJ, and planning a wedding from far away can be a bit stressful. But Gregg was great about communicating via email, phone, and Skype so we were all on the same page and had all our questions answered even through we didn't meet in-person until the wedding day. He was flexible about special song requests, very thorough in helping us think through the flow of the reception beforehand, and provided suggestions about good songs for the cake cutting, etc. Our wedding was on a Sunday night, and even though some people had to work the next day, he still kept everyone on the dance floor until the last song ended. A few days after the wedding, another recently-married friend commented about how great DJ Gregg was and said we'd made the right choice!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Kathleen and I have nothing but positive things to say about our experience with Gregg Hollmann & Chris “DJ Spinz” Smith at Ambient DJ. Their services came highly recommended by a coworker, and I’m glad we listened. Gregg handled the initial conversation and contract discussions in a prompt and professional manner, answering every early question we could think of. Their website is amazing - even if you don’t ultimately engage their services, their blog is worth a look for playlist recommendations alone. Our real experience was with Chris who was our actual DJ for the event. We worked with Chris in the weeks leading up to the wedding via phone and Skype - his professionalism and craft was evident even throughout the planning process. He was willing to work any way we were comfortable with and was reassuring even when we thought we might be over-complicating. Kathleen and I took put a lot of thought into our music selections, an effort - I wanted to note - Chris seemed to appreciate. We did NOT go the "Top 100" and he seemed genuinely interested to be exposed to some music he may not have otherwise heard. When the day finally came, Chris showed up plenty early for set-up, looked sharp and threw-down a seriously fun party. His demeanor was professional but not stuffy and the equipment was top-notch. He controlled the flow well from the mic and read the energy in the room very well all night. Kathleen and I were pleasantly surprised how many people were already dancing during dinner itself, before the proper ‘party’. Chris definitely helped keep the energy positive all night, and I couldn’t be happier with the results. Thanks, Chris, for helping with a night we’ll never forget!
Josh & Kathleen Gladstone - Married 10.12.14 New City, NY

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ambient is awesome, and I LOVED DJ Greg Nice. His name is perfect because he is incredibly nice. He is the absolute nicest DJ and coolest guy. He played all of my requests (even the crazy ones), he was nice to the guests, he knew how to mix songs (I'm a musician so I'm usually hard to please), and he kept everyone dancing for hours. He is my absolutely favorite. I want to get married again just to have Greg DJ my party. We LOVED you!!!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough about Gregg at Ambient! From start to finish it was a flawless interaction! Me and my husband had crazy schedules and were very last minute on things and Gregg was awesomely understanding! He understood the atmosphere we wanted to create and he delivered, by just a few phone calls and e-mails. He got us! He totally knew how to go with the flow of the evening where I have seen other DJ's that just don't get it. Gregg was top notch and I would absolutely use him again and absolutely recommend him. Thanks Gregg for making our night shine!!!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris at Ambient DJ was a true pleasure to work with...so professional, responsible, and talented. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ to work with.

He was willing to meet with us initially before booking and then was more than willing to do a site visit of our venue, since he had not been there before. He also answered all emails and phone calls promptly. His unobtrusive style fit our day perfectly...He made professional and friendly announcements when necessary, but did not steal the show. He played a wonderful selection of music that our young and older guests enjoyed. We received many compliments on the music and how fun our wedding was. We loved it too!!

I highly recommend Chris and Ambient DJ! Their organized planning forms helped us to really think about what we wanted our music to be like. It helped us organize our song requests and plan for the day. Thank you Ambient DJ and Chris for everything!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

There are so many vendors to choose from when planning your wedding. You do your research, scour the internet for reviews, and ask anyone who is not tired of hearing about your wedding planning. We did our due diligence and without a doubt made the best decision to work with Gregg/Ambient DJs. He provided music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. There was an ease through the entire process which is a great comfort when you have no clue what you are doing and have so many moving parts to planning your wedding.

We had an initial in person meeting where he provided helpful information and took the time to get to know about us. Email was the best form of communication for me, and he always responded promptly. We met again in person a few weeks before the wedding to finalize the details of the day. He made himself available for me to ask questions, make changes, and provide suggestions as I forgot about prelude music.

On our wedding day, he arrived on time and was professional in mannerism and attire. He worked with our caterer to keep the flow of our timeline and played the collaboration of our musical selection appropriate for each part of our wedding. We had so much fun dancing the night away, we didn't want it to end.

We really had a great experience working with Gregg /Ambient DJ and would recommend them. I hope you find this review to be helpful.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We found Ambient DJ through our wedding planner's recommendation and we absolutely loved their service on the day of the wedding. We had DJ Chris, and he really kept the energy up for the wedding. The song transitions were smooth and the music selection was wonderful. Our guests at the wedding commended that "Your DJ is not only good, but he loves what he's doing. Look at him, he is totally into it!" During the planning stage, Ambient DJ has very well organized planning worksheet. They are responsible, flexible and easy to get in touch with - in person, phone calls, or through skype/gchat.

• Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Greg Nice was really great! He played all of our song requests, even the less known ones. He was really friendly and great at engaging the crowd. We had so much fun on the dance floor!
The beautiful magenta uplighting made our reception really special. It really transformed the room!
Gregg at Ambient was really professional and easy to work with (especially helpful since I live out of state!). Music is very important to me & the guys at Ambient definitely delivered!

• Wedding: 09/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved working with Ambient DJ Service! They were totally awesome, and our DJ (DJ Spinz) was fantastic. He kept our crowd engaged and super pumped the entire time. His music selection was spot on with what we asked for and he was able to feel out the crowd and play a little something for everyone. We were beyond happy with music and would recommend Ambient (and DJ Spinz specifically) to anyone who is looking to hire a DJ for their wedding.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had Gary as our DJ for our event. It was something booked last minute because our original DJ had to cancel due to unforeseen events. Gary was immediately on top of everything, making sure he understood my husband and I as a couple and what we were looking for in regards to our reception music and environment. He kept to everything we asked him not to play and made sure to play everything we did specifically ask for. Our reception turned out wonderful and everyone had a terrific time!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014

Had a great time

Wonderful selection of music to choose from

DJ really understood what I wanted and catered to my song requests!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were very lucky to meet Gregg,
From the start, he was very responsive with all of my emails and requests.
He was so flexible with when and where to have meetings.

I was very straight forward and specific about my requests and he was able to accommodate all of my requests. Also, there was nothing inappropriate during the reception and Gregg was very professional the whole time!

Also, he was not trying to sell any add-ons ;fancy lights and etc to us, and made us feel very comfortable with what we want. We wanted a very simple service and didn't want anything extravagant. And he really knew what we wanted and followed through.

All of our guests loved the music and they had a lot of fun!!
I would definitely recommend him to everybody.
Gregg was really awesome!! Thank you, Gregg!!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ AQ was great! So nice and he was great with the kids that were also at our wedding making requests. He did a great job and was awesome to work with! Thanks so much to both Gregg and DJ AQ!!!

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
609-672-1270
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards