Ambient DJ Service

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We just got married last weekend and had a fantastic experience with DJ Chris Smith. He was professional, intuitive and really listened to what we wanted. Chris created the exact ambiance that we wanted and many of our guests complemented the music and mood of our wedding. We highly recommend him and would use him again for any future events in a heartbeat!

Services Used: DJ

DJ Gregg and his assistant were amazing! They kept everybody on the dance floor and happy for the entire night. He was easy to communicate with and responded to all my questions and concerns almost immediately! He is very personable and meeting with him was easy and straight forward. He definitely knows what he is doing!!!! I would highly recommend him and his company!

Recently Married

Gregg was very easy to work with. He accommodates your likes and dislikes very easily and does requests. My husband and I weren't sure about certain musical selections since this is our first (and only) wedding and we left it up to Gregg since he has done so many. Everything Gregg did seamed to go smoothly and everyone enjoyed the music and said Gregg did a great job with announcements as well.

Services Used: DJ

Has to be the best DJ in the Tri-State area! Also a great value! We received a recommendation for Ambient from a wedding industry professional, and could not be happier we chose them for our wedding!

DJ Gregg Ambient made the music planning process for our wedding enjoyable and simple. He is extremely professional, always prompt and clear with communication via email, phone or in-person. From our experience, he is also very adaptable -- knowledgable enough about music that he can create a whole playlist for you basically from scratch, but also willing to let you write "the perfect playlist" if you're music junkies like my wife & I. You can use his online playlist function or email or whatever you are most comfortable with to discuss your choices. And let me reiterate, DJ Gregg Ambient knows music -- from modern pop / hip-hop to gypsy jazz and everything in between. He even gave me a brilliant suggestion for my own aisle music, a string quartet cover of Duran Duran's "Hungry Like The Wolf" that everyone loved!

On the day of our wedding, DJ Gregg Ambient and Greg Nice were punctual and professional. They handled the cocktail hour with grace and got the dance floor moving when it was that time. They were equally good with the slow songs and the fast songs. The two Greg's are a great team together, and even handled some of our more, shall we say, overbearing family members with aplomb. I can't recommend Ambient DJ highly enough if you have a wedding or other event. Tremendous people who run a great business. Hire them for your music, it will be the best money you spend for your event!

Recently Married

Very happy with DJ Gregg. He was professional, prepared and very flexible. We had a special request to have two of our friends MC our wedding for us. He obliged and bought all the necessary equipment for this specific setup. Additionally, his services were affordable, he answers all of his emails within 24 hours and his great taste in music had everyone dancing!

Services Used: DJ

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Gregg Holliman, Ambient, and our wedding DJ, Greg Nice.

There were so many things that concerned me about my wedding DJ. This was my second wedding, and my first DJ had been less than stellar. I had absolutely nothing to worry about with Gregg and Ambient. From the very first minute, Greg Nice kept the party moving and worked with me to make sure everything was exactly the way I wanted it. He went out of his way to make sure he had everyone's name pronounced correctly, and when we chose an "off the radar" wedding song, Greg went out of his way to find it.

If you have the opportunity to book this DJ, do so - no questions asked!

Services Used: DJ

I am so happy I choose Ambient DJ for my wedding. I was a busy bride trying to plan a wedding and I was blessed to have great venders all around. I booked DJ Gregg after one phone conversation! DJ Gregg was so easy going, confident and professional. We had 3 zones at our wedding at the Renault Winery and he and DJ Jazz were able to run all 3 flawlessly. My ceremony music was a bit different and getting the timing right was crucial to my big moment. DJ Gregg was prepared to live edit the track and re-loop it if needed. The man paid attention to all of my wedding day details and was available to answer any question at any time. His announcements and music selections were spot on. I would recommend Ambient DJ services to anyone considering a DJ. His professionalism and enthusiasm will win you over! Thanks DJ Gregg!

Services Used: DJ

We couldn't have asked for a better experience !!! Gregg was our DJ and did an awesome job !!! The music was perfect and everyone had a blast. People commented on how you could enjoy the music and still carry on a conversation. We would highly recommend Ambient DJ Services to anyone planning a wedding.

Services Used: DJ

DJ Gregg Hollmann of Ambient DJ Service is a true professional within the NJ DJ community! After calling him in a panic to let him know that a DJ had cancelled one week before our daughter's wedding, he calmly and efficiently went about finding us a replacement and putting together the rest of the process with our venue. His communications were timely, clear and effective. He was understanding and sympathetic...in no time the problem was solved. DJ Gregg put us back on track with DJ Iron Mike. Mike arrived, set up quickly, created the atmosphere we were anticipating and went with the flow. His services that evening added so much to the celebration...he was sensitive to appropriate music for the quieter moment like the ceremony and dinner but also livened up the cocktail hour and dance floor with all the requested and other popular tunes. So grateful to them both for coming to the rescue in style! Thanks DJ Gregg and DJ Iron Mike! We would recommend for everyone's parties without hesitation.

Recently Married

DJ Gregg was fantastic, we are so glad we picked Ambient DJ for our wedding. Gregg was very responsive and professional throughout the planning process. We live outside of NJ, and planning a wedding from far away can be a bit stressful. But Gregg was great about communicating via email, phone, and Skype so we were all on the same page and had all our questions answered even through we didn't meet in-person until the wedding day. He was flexible about special song requests, very thorough in helping us think through the flow of the reception beforehand, and provided suggestions about good songs for the cake cutting, etc. Our wedding was on a Sunday night, and even though some people had to work the next day, he still kept everyone on the dance floor until the last song ended. A few days after the wedding, another recently-married friend commented about how great DJ Gregg was and said we'd made the right choice!

Services Used: DJ

Kathleen and I have nothing but positive things to say about our experience with Gregg Hollmann & Chris “DJ Spinz” Smith at Ambient DJ. Their services came highly recommended by a coworker, and I’m glad we listened. Gregg handled the initial conversation and contract discussions in a prompt and professional manner, answering every early question we could think of. Their website is amazing - even if you don’t ultimately engage their services, their blog is worth a look for playlist recommendations alone. Our real experience was with Chris who was our actual DJ for the event. We worked with Chris in the weeks leading up to the wedding via phone and Skype - his professionalism and craft was evident even throughout the planning process. He was willing to work any way we were comfortable with and was reassuring even when we thought we might be over-complicating. Kathleen and I took put a lot of thought into our music selections, an effort - I wanted to note - Chris seemed to appreciate. We did NOT go the "Top 100" and he seemed genuinely interested to be exposed to some music he may not have otherwise heard. When the day finally came, Chris showed up plenty early for set-up, looked sharp and threw-down a seriously fun party. His demeanor was professional but not stuffy and the equipment was top-notch. He controlled the flow well from the mic and read the energy in the room very well all night. Kathleen and I were pleasantly surprised how many people were already dancing during dinner itself, before the proper ‘party’. Chris definitely helped keep the energy positive all night, and I couldn’t be happier with the results. Thanks, Chris, for helping with a night we’ll never forget!
Josh & Kathleen Gladstone - Married 10.12.14 New City, NY

Services Used: DJ

Ambient is awesome, and I LOVED DJ Greg Nice. His name is perfect because he is incredibly nice. He is the absolute nicest DJ and coolest guy. He played all of my requests (even the crazy ones), he was nice to the guests, he knew how to mix songs (I'm a musician so I'm usually hard to please), and he kept everyone dancing for hours. He is my absolutely favorite. I want to get married again just to have Greg DJ my party. We LOVED you!!!

Services Used: DJ

I can't say enough about Gregg at Ambient! From start to finish it was a flawless interaction! Me and my husband had crazy schedules and were very last minute on things and Gregg was awesomely understanding! He understood the atmosphere we wanted to create and he delivered, by just a few phone calls and e-mails. He got us! He totally knew how to go with the flow of the evening where I have seen other DJ's that just don't get it. Gregg was top notch and I would absolutely use him again and absolutely recommend him. Thanks Gregg for making our night shine!!!

Services Used: DJ

Chris at Ambient DJ was a true pleasure to work with...so professional, responsible, and talented. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ to work with.

He was willing to meet with us initially before booking and then was more than willing to do a site visit of our venue, since he had not been there before. He also answered all emails and phone calls promptly. His unobtrusive style fit our day perfectly...He made professional and friendly announcements when necessary, but did not steal the show. He played a wonderful selection of music that our young and older guests enjoyed. We received many compliments on the music and how fun our wedding was. We loved it too!!

I highly recommend Chris and Ambient DJ! Their organized planning forms helped us to really think about what we wanted our music to be like. It helped us organize our song requests and plan for the day. Thank you Ambient DJ and Chris for everything!!

Recently Married

There are so many vendors to choose from when planning your wedding. You do your research, scour the internet for reviews, and ask anyone who is not tired of hearing about your wedding planning. We did our due diligence and without a doubt made the best decision to work with Gregg/Ambient DJs. He provided music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. There was an ease through the entire process which is a great comfort when you have no clue what you are doing and have so many moving parts to planning your wedding.

We had an initial in person meeting where he provided helpful information and took the time to get to know about us. Email was the best form of communication for me, and he always responded promptly. We met again in person a few weeks before the wedding to finalize the details of the day. He made himself available for me to ask questions, make changes, and provide suggestions as I forgot about prelude music.

On our wedding day, he arrived on time and was professional in mannerism and attire. He worked with our caterer to keep the flow of our timeline and played the collaboration of our musical selection appropriate for each part of our wedding. We had so much fun dancing the night away, we didn't want it to end.

We really had a great experience working with Gregg /Ambient DJ and would recommend them. I hope you find this review to be helpful.

Recently Married

We found Ambient DJ through our wedding planner's recommendation and we absolutely loved their service on the day of the wedding. We had DJ Chris, and he really kept the energy up for the wedding. The song transitions were smooth and the music selection was wonderful. Our guests at the wedding commended that "Your DJ is not only good, but he loves what he's doing. Look at him, he is totally into it!" During the planning stage, Ambient DJ has very well organized planning worksheet. They are responsible, flexible and easy to get in touch with - in person, phone calls, or through skype/gchat.