Ambient DJ Service
Keeping New Jersey in the Mix!
Princeton, NJ  | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Flexibility:
 (5.0/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Using Ambient DJ for our wedding on July 4, 2013 was one of the most brilliant decisions we’ve ever made! We can’t begin to even express how wonderful Gregg and Chris (AKA DJ Spinz) were. They truly made our wedding an absolutely amazing experience. From the beginning, Gregg was such a pleasure to work with. He spent a lot of time with us planning out our music and what we wanted because we had a lot of unique requests for the big day! Gregg ALWAYS responded to any silly music question/request that we had….even when it was two days before the day of the wedding. He was incredibly professional, knowledgeable, and so helpful in planning the music for the most important day of our lives. He went out of his way to answer my email when he was on vacation in Jamaica to put me at ease that he had the music we had requested at last minute. Both Gregg and Chris were such amazing DJs the day of the wedding. All of our guests kept commenting to us that it was truly the best DJs they’d ever seen at a wedding. They made everything flow along so smoothly and went above and beyond their duties by allowing our 6 ½ year old son to “DJ” along with them. My favorite part of the night….besides marrying my husband….was watching Jad’s smile as he stood with headphones on and Gregg let him scratch a track on a record. They made our wedding truly unforgettable. We were very happy to work with them and would be happy to recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ. Ambient DJ is truly outstanding!
Dear Margaret,

This is one of the best reviews we've ever received! Thank you for sharing your experience and appreciating the details that go into planning an incredible wedding reception such as yours.

Please send our best to Curt and Jad.

Yours truly,

DJ Gregg & DJ Spinz
Ambient DJ Service
Wedding: 07/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Lots of compliments on how great a job Greg did as our DJ. The evening went very well, just as planned and discussed in advance. Greg kept the wedding guests entertained and found me when I was needed on the dance floor!
Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thank you Kristin for taking the time to post this awesome review! I always enjoy it when a bride spends a good portion of her reception on the dance floor as you did. Best wishes to you and Nick!
Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We hired Ambient DJ Service for our Wedding back on October 27, 2012. Gregg Hollmann got back to me promptly and he was available for our date in October. We met a few months later to go over the details and he knew exactly what we wanted. Their service is professional and my guests were on the dance floor all night at our reception. The lighting and sound system was absolutely amazing! They are competitively priced with other DJ services in our area and they even gave me a discount. I would highly recommend them for any special occasion requiring top notch service. Thanks again!! Mr & Mrs Anthony Puleo Jr.
Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Gregg at Ambient DJ is an amazing guy. When we first started looking for DJs, we came across a lot of people we knew we didn't want, whether it was because they played music we didn't like, or because they just didn't seem like our style. But when we read the reviews of Gregg, we were so encouraged that we thought we'd give him a try. Since we were planning our wedding from a few hundred miles away, we set up a call with him. We told him that we didn't exactly want a lot of mainstream stuff, that music is very important to us, and that we'd probably want to come up with a lot of things that he might not have heard of before, all of which he was totally fine with. And after we figured out that his own personal music tastes lined up a bit with ours, we knew we had finally found our DJ.

When it came time to put our playlist together, we found that a lot of the songs we wanted him to play weren't in his online playlist building software. There was, however, an area in the software where you could put in special requests that we put to great use. After submitting our playlist, Gregg was able to find everything we wanted including an 8-bit chiptunes version of the wedding march that we wanted played as our recessional.

As far as his set up during our wedding and reception, it was discrete and effective.  During the reception, he encouraged people to take glow sticks we bought for the dance party. He also directed people to take part in a particular tradition of my wife's family. His personality was 100% spot on with what we were looking for in a DJ, and we were so happy with how he performed. We didn't have a lot of top 40 songs on our "please play" list, and yet he filled in the gaps between our choices with tasteful choices that got people moving. And I don't think I've ever heard anyone so skillfully mix an industrial/synthpop track into a Lady Gaga song. Overall we were never disappointed with his work, and we were so glad to have him as our wedding DJ.
Wedding: 10/20/2012

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Larry, just wanted to thank you so much for the wonderful job you did at our wedding on Oct 20th! As you know, all we wanted was that our guests danced and had a good time! we couldnt have been more thrilled at the turn out and we ourselves had a blast! (and for the record, neither of us EVER dance and it was my biggest anxiety!!)

the feedback has been incredible as well. Most people are saying it was the best wedding they've ever been to, the music was awesomwe and that they have never seen a wedding where the dance floor was always packed!! of course Van Morrison nailed it!! (and he thought there was too much Van!!)

we are thrilled and truly grateful for the great job you did for us. we knew when we met you that you were the right DJ for our wedding and you more than proved that!

thank you so much for a wonderful evening and memory that will last a lifetime! Save the set list, we'll have to play the rest of the songs at our anniversary party!!
Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thank you Joan & Lou for taking the time to share this review on DJ Larry! We truly appreciate it. We hope that you have been persevering in these difficult times in NJ in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Musically yours, DJ Gregg & the Ambient DJ Music Mixologists

Anonymous 2 Reviews
Gregg was immensely helpful throughout the entire process, and when the day finally came, he was fantastic. We received so many wonderful compliments that our wedding was one of the best that many had been to, and it was due in large part to the music and atmosphere Ambient DJ Services provided. It was truly a blast, and I highly recommend them.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had the awesome opportunity of having Gregg as our DJ for our wedding on 10/6 at the Front & Palmer in Philly. Gregg was absolutely AMAZING and are still getting compliments from our guests as to how great, personable and professional he was. Gregg made the entire process so easy to go through, especially when brides already have so much on our plate. During the planning phase he met with us to go over songs and the timeline. He worked well with our day of coordinator at the F&P to make sure they were on the same timeline. He made things sooo easy....is all we had to worry about was any specific songs we wanted to have played! Gregg did a great job introducing everyone, getting people dancing, and making sure the right mix was played during cocktail hour, dinner and dancing time.
I would NOT hesitate one bit to recommend Ambient DJ's/Gregg for your special occasion. His price, professionalism and personality were a perfect fit for us!
Erin & Matt
Wedding: 10/06/2012

Marissa 2 Reviews
We hired Ambient DJ Services for our wedding in September, and our DJ Gregg was awesome! He listened to everything we had to say, walked us through the entire process from start to finish, played exactly what we wanted, when we wanted it and gave us great recommendations for songs when we were stumped on things to play during certain parts of the reception and definitely got people on the dance floor and kept the night moving seamlessly. We've recommended Ambient DJ to many of our friends already! Couldn't have asked for better :)
Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thank you Marissa & Ken for posting this review! I know how important music is to the two of you, and was happy to help bring your vision to life.
Wedding: 09/21/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We used Ambient DJs for our wedding reception and ceremony. Greg was fantastic!! He went above and beyond our expectations! He found musical renditions of the music we wanted for our ceremony. We had an early afternoon wedding which is always easy to get people onto the dance floor but he had everyone out there having a blast! We received tons of compliments on his work and professionalism! I highly recommend Ambient DJs for any of your DJ needs!
Wedding: 09/15/2012
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My new husband and I loved working with Gregg - he was fantastic! We had an intercultural wedding (Indian/Jewish) and Gregg was able to work with all different types of Music (American/Indian/Jewish) and really provide our guests with a fantastic experience. A lot of people in my family aren't big dancers but I saw them working the dance floor at our wedding. I highly recommend Gregg because he was extremely professional, easy to work with and wanted to make sure that our day was as perfect as it could be. He went out of the way to accomodate our needs and even updated his music database to include some of the special request songs. We have received so many compliments on the music and it couldn't been this much fun if it wasn't for Gregg!

For those who are looking for an uplighting package, Gregg works with Steve Cie entertainment and they are amazing together! We loved working with Steve as well. The passion for their work really shows through in the implementation because they pay attention to all the details that are so important to the bride and groom.

Thank you very much for everything you've done to make our day extra special.

If you want your guests to have a great time at your event, Ambient DJ is definitely the way to go!
Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thank you Shruthi for sharing your experiences with the WeddingWire community. Steve and I enjoyed working with you and Mike on your special day! It was a magical day and fun evening that we hope will leave you with fond memories for many years to come! Musically, DJ Gregg Ambient
Wedding: 09/09/2012

Anonymous 1 Reviews
We used Gregg from Ambient DJs and he was great. Everybody at the party danced and the vibe was just right. Plus, he was great to do business with and his prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommend Ambient DJ Service.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I first met Gregg at a banquet party for medical school graduation, my friends and I had the time of our lives, thanks to Gregg who was the DJ and kept the music going and the party on the dance floor. When it came time to book a DJ for my wedding, I didnt even consider hiring anybody else. Gregg was a pleasure to work with. We were planning a wedding from 2000 miles away, but he made it easy with online planning forms and meetings over skype. He was always honest with what he thought we needed and never tried to push any extras. During our planning meetings he made an effort to really get to us and understand the kind of event we invisioned. He was extremely helpful when it came to pulling off our wedding flashmob and did a great job providing sound support for our live ceremony musicians and officiants. He has the ability to feel out the crowd and keep the party alive. Gregg is not just your every day DJ, it is obvious that he is passionate about what he does, he is great at connecting with his clients and with the guests. I would absolutely recommend Gregg and Ambient DJ to anyone looking to throw a fabulous party. I cant wait to have another event where I could work with him again!
Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thank you Nora for taking the time to review my services. Reading the review brought a big smile to my face! As you already know, working with you and Seth on your special day was a delight, and I was happy to help customize your wedding into the unforgettable celebration that it was!
Wedding: 08/12/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Gregg and his team did a great job at our wedding! Our guests did not sit down, everyone was up dancing and having a great time with us! The music was perfect and Gregg really understood what we were looking for and really took the time to get to know us and what we would like to hear and see happen. We choose to use the lighting package in our reception room and it really set off the right message to our guests. We also used the video slide show and that too was perfect! What was really important is no one’s name had been mispronounced and my divorced parents’ weren’t announced as Mr. & Mrs. Gregg and the rest of Ambient DJ did an amazing job! We’re looking forward to plan something else just so we can use them again!
Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thank you Olivia and Chris for taking the time to post this awesome feedback! Thank you for going with our most luxurious lighting package, the BRILLIANCE package, and we agree that the room looked amazing! Best wishes to you and Chris, and hope to see you around town.
Wedding: 07/28/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We are still dancing! Gregg was AMAZING! He kept the floor full and having fun all night long. We had two great planning sessions with him in advance and he hit the right note, so to speak, on his choices for our entire reception. Friends of ours have already booked him for their upcoming wedding. Gregg was also very flexible the night of our reception to accomodate our plans. Gregg is willing to help you put any part of the reception together and he has great recs on songs for each part of the reception. We were so pleased with his services and would recommend him to any engaged couple looking for a professional DJ, who is pleasant, calm, easy to work with, highly experienced and who will give you a great deal for your money.
Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thank you Laura and David for these kind words! With the bride and groom on the dance floor all night long, it is no surprise that the party was such a smashing success! Keep your eyes on your mailbox as I will be sending out something to you very soon!
Wedding: 07/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the moment we met with Gregg, the owner of Ambient DJ, we were excited to work with him. He was honest about what services we needed, and didn't try to push anything on us that we didn't want (such as lighting or add-ons). Our first meeting didn't feel like a sales pitch, but more like friends talking about music interests.

Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Dear Tricia and Danny, Thank you for taking the time to write up this wonderful review! The magical setting of the Lake Valhalla Club and a group of fun-loving guests made your celebration one for the record books! DJ Greg Nice and I were delighted to customize the program to your taste, and I'm also glad that you were able to enjoy the cocktail hour music during your photo session sailing around the Lake!
Wedding: 07/07/2012

Tricia 1 Reviews
From the moment we met with Gregg, the owner of Ambient DJ, we were excited to work with him. He was honest about what services we needed, and didn\'t try to push anything on us that we didn\'t want (such as lighting or add-ons). Our first meeting didn\'t feel like a sales pitch, but more like friends talking about music interests. \r\n\r\nGregg, along with the MC Greg, did the music for our ceremony, our cocktail hour, and our reception, and it was absolutely everything we wanted. I picked a song for my bridal party and me to enter to, and Gregg was able to loop it so that I entered at the exact moment I had requested, making the moment feel all the more magical. During cocktail hour, there was a great mix of music that kept the feeling light and casual (the feel we requested). He had a bit of older stuff, some modern, some indie, and I heard every song I requested for cocktail hour.\r\n\r\nOur bridal party entrance was absolutely crazy because we have a wild bridal party, and Gregg and Greg helped make it funny and wonderful without ever looking at us like we had three heads. \r\n\r\nThe dance floor was never empty, and the mix of music was perfect for our crowd. Gregg really seemed to read the energy and the people to make sure everyone had a great time.\r\n\r\nOverall, our experience with Gregg and Greg was so amazing! They made our day the most wonderful party!
Wedding: 07/07/2012
 609-672-1270
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire