Ambient DJ Service
Keeping New Jersey in the Mix!
Princeton, NJ  | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
I first met Gregg at a banquet party for medical school graduation, my friends and I had the time of our lives, thanks to Gregg who was the DJ and kept the music going and the party on the dance floor. When it came time to book a DJ for my wedding, I didnt even consider hiring anybody else. Gregg was a pleasure to work with. We were planning a wedding from 2000 miles away, but he made it easy with online planning forms and meetings over skype. He was always honest with what he thought we needed and never tried to push any extras. During our planning meetings he made an effort to really get to us and understand the kind of event we invisioned. He was extremely helpful when it came to pulling off our wedding flashmob and did a great job providing sound support for our live ceremony musicians and officiants. He has the ability to feel out the crowd and keep the party alive. Gregg is not just your every day DJ, it is obvious that he is passionate about what he does, he is great at connecting with his clients and with the guests. I would absolutely recommend Gregg and Ambient DJ to anyone looking to throw a fabulous party. I cant wait to have another event where I could work with him again!
Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thank you Nora for taking the time to review my services. Reading the review brought a big smile to my face! As you already know, working with you and Seth on your special day was a delight, and I was happy to help customize your wedding into the unforgettable celebration that it was!
Wedding: 08/12/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Gregg and his team did a great job at our wedding! Our guests did not sit down, everyone was up dancing and having a great time with us! The music was perfect and Gregg really understood what we were looking for and really took the time to get to know us and what we would like to hear and see happen. We choose to use the lighting package in our reception room and it really set off the right message to our guests. We also used the video slide show and that too was perfect! What was really important is no one’s name had been mispronounced and my divorced parents’ weren’t announced as Mr. & Mrs. Gregg and the rest of Ambient DJ did an amazing job! We’re looking forward to plan something else just so we can use them again!
Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thank you Olivia and Chris for taking the time to post this awesome feedback! Thank you for going with our most luxurious lighting package, the BRILLIANCE package, and we agree that the room looked amazing! Best wishes to you and Chris, and hope to see you around town.
Wedding: 07/28/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We are still dancing! Gregg was AMAZING! He kept the floor full and having fun all night long. We had two great planning sessions with him in advance and he hit the right note, so to speak, on his choices for our entire reception. Friends of ours have already booked him for their upcoming wedding. Gregg was also very flexible the night of our reception to accomodate our plans. Gregg is willing to help you put any part of the reception together and he has great recs on songs for each part of the reception. We were so pleased with his services and would recommend him to any engaged couple looking for a professional DJ, who is pleasant, calm, easy to work with, highly experienced and who will give you a great deal for your money.
Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thank you Laura and David for these kind words! With the bride and groom on the dance floor all night long, it is no surprise that the party was such a smashing success! Keep your eyes on your mailbox as I will be sending out something to you very soon!
Wedding: 07/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the moment we met with Gregg, the owner of Ambient DJ, we were excited to work with him. He was honest about what services we needed, and didn't try to push anything on us that we didn't want (such as lighting or add-ons). Our first meeting didn't feel like a sales pitch, but more like friends talking about music interests.

Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Dear Tricia and Danny, Thank you for taking the time to write up this wonderful review! The magical setting of the Lake Valhalla Club and a group of fun-loving guests made your celebration one for the record books! DJ Greg Nice and I were delighted to customize the program to your taste, and I'm also glad that you were able to enjoy the cocktail hour music during your photo session sailing around the Lake!
Wedding: 07/07/2012

Tricia 1 Reviews
From the moment we met with Gregg, the owner of Ambient DJ, we were excited to work with him. He was honest about what services we needed, and didn\'t try to push anything on us that we didn\'t want (such as lighting or add-ons). Our first meeting didn\'t feel like a sales pitch, but more like friends talking about music interests. \r\n\r\nGregg, along with the MC Greg, did the music for our ceremony, our cocktail hour, and our reception, and it was absolutely everything we wanted. I picked a song for my bridal party and me to enter to, and Gregg was able to loop it so that I entered at the exact moment I had requested, making the moment feel all the more magical. During cocktail hour, there was a great mix of music that kept the feeling light and casual (the feel we requested). He had a bit of older stuff, some modern, some indie, and I heard every song I requested for cocktail hour.\r\n\r\nOur bridal party entrance was absolutely crazy because we have a wild bridal party, and Gregg and Greg helped make it funny and wonderful without ever looking at us like we had three heads. \r\n\r\nThe dance floor was never empty, and the mix of music was perfect for our crowd. Gregg really seemed to read the energy and the people to make sure everyone had a great time.\r\n\r\nOverall, our experience with Gregg and Greg was so amazing! They made our day the most wonderful party!
Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
So happy that I found Ambient DJ for my daughter's recent wedding reception. Their pricing is wonderful and we were so happy with the DJ for the evening.

I found this company through a professional wedding site for NJ vendors on facebook that I belong to. I did not know Gregg personally, but he always seemed very professional, as well as knowledgable and passionate about music.

When my daughter got engaged in January of this year, and they set a wedding date less then 5 months away, I contacted Gregg at Ambient DJ.
I was thrilled with what he was able to provide and his pricing. Even though we were super busy trying to get this whole wedding together, this part of choosing the DJ turned out to be very easy, and an incredibly wise decision. We thought getting a DJ with only months to plan would be a problem, but were pleasantly surprised that Gregg has a great team of DJs.
The communication with Gregg was easy, fast and uncomplicated.

Although Gregg was not available for the date the couple set, he had for us a wonderful DJ --- Christopher Smith. We all loved Christopher and he kept the music and the dance floor going all night. Just a terrific guy and terrific DJ.

Hands down the best DJ company that we could have found for my daughter's wedding. If you are lucky enough to live within their area, you need to do yourself a favor and contact Ambient DJ Service for your next event. I just can't say enough good things about them!

Thank you Christopher for making the evening so great. Thank you Gregg for this wonderful DJ company.
Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thank you Nancy for taking the time to submit this amazing review! We are thrilled that Jackie and Brett were able to have such a memorable reception!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Gregg was very professional, thorough and organized. The program online helped us select songs and plan out our day. Gregg kept in touch up until our wedding date to make sure we were on the same page. The wedding day went smoothly. He was DJ/MJ throughout the entire event, kept up the energy in the room and played exactly what we asked for. He was also great at recommending songs when we weren't sure what we wanted. We liked his service so much that we recommended him to all our engaged friends and one couple has just booked with him!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the moment I spoke with Greg Hollmann at Ambient DJ's he was very professional! I specifically asked for "DJ Greg Nice" to be the DJ at my wedding. DJ Greg Nice was very flexible and willing to make my wedding the way I had envisioned it! From customizing our first dance, building our database of songs, creating a great center piece give-away game and always being attentive to our needs (as Greg says, "not in a stalker kinda way").

I received lots of comments from all members of my family and friends about how wonderful the DJ was, playing great music and encouraging people to dance. I heard over and over again that I made the right choice for the DJ!! (Thanks so much Greg!!!)

Whenever I need a DJ for upcoming events I will not hesitate to call on DJ Greg Nice again!

Thanks to him and Ambient DJ service for a wedding to remember!! :)

• Flexibility:  5.0
Gregg and everyone we worked with at Ambient DJ were superb. Gregg was experienced, knowledgeable, responsive, and very helpful with fine-tuning our general concept for the music, gave us great advice on appropriate music for our wedding that we weren't familiar with, and did a perfect job at the actual wedding.
All of our guests had a great time, everyone was dancing and enjoying the music all day long.

If you're in the market for a wedding DJ--you can't afford NOT to consider Ambient DJ !!!
Wedding: 06/24/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chris (DJ Spinz) DJed my wedding and I've also worked with Chris and Gregg professionally on other special events. Chris was phenomenal and played everything we wanted to hear. He also did a great job being flexible and playing a huge, memorable variety of music. We heard everything: rock, blues, jam bands, oldies, 80s, acoustic, contemporary dance tracks, and so much more. He made it seamless, professional, and fun.

Chris has a great personality for DJing - he makes it about you and your tastes and preferences, and not about him or his ego (I have worked with many other DJs where the ego overrides everything else).

Gregg should win an award for how on top of things he is. He answered my initial email within 15 minutes on a Saturday. He maintained that awesome calibre of service throughout. He is organized and goes above and beyond my highest expectations.

I am proud to whole-heartedly recommend Chris and Gregg to my friends and clients. They are an excellent value and a pleasure to do business with.
Wedding: 06/23/2012

Anonymous 2 Reviews
Gregg did a fantastic job as the DJ for our June 23 wedding! He was a pleasure to work with and was incredibly flexible throughout the planning process-- dealing with our very specific song requests and multiple changes in terms of who would be giving a toast. He was very responsive whenever we had questions or changes to the plan, always responding to emails quickly, which gave us peace of mind in the days leading up to our wedding. The day of, everything went perfectly and we didn't have to worry about a thing. The dance floor was packed (which was exactly what we wanted!) and he did a fantastic job 'running the show' in an unobtrusive way and making sure that guests (both older and younger) had a great time! Ambient DJ offered a very fair price and was 100% professional, reliable, and fun. We are very happy that we chose Gregg to be our wedding DJ and would definitely recommend him to others!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I highly recommend using Ambient DJ Service. Gregg was our DJ and was so helpful every step of the way. He went over everything in such detail and being able to do all of our music selection online was so convient. I cannot say enough nice things about Gregg and Ambient DJ Services. It was a truly a night to remember filled with dancing and so much fun. I think just about every guest has told me it was the best wedding they have ever been to and the music played such a large role in that. My friend has also book with Gregg and I look forward to getting to party with them again!
Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thank you Laura & Billy for taking the time to post this awesome review on WeddingWire! It was a pleasure working with you on your special day. Thanks to you and the other "party people" at the Grand Marquis, keeping the dance floor packed was a breeze!
Wedding: 05/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
WE had our wedding 2/24/12 and I had a hard time finding a DJ that didn't charge $2000+ for just DJ services. I came across Ambient DJ services webpage and contacted them and was immediately e-mailed back by the owner of the company, Gregg. He met us in person and gave us lots of lists of songs to help us pick mother/son and father/daughter and garter toss songs. He had many sugestions on music and how the timeline should go. He made our planning process a breeze. He made sure to keep in contact and check-in with us even just to ask us how planning was going and if he could do anything to make it easier. He was SUPER reasonably priced! and he does LIGHTING!!!!! I mean what DJ service does lighting as well?!? On our wedding day he did and amazing job. When we made it to the last 20 min of our cocktail hour people were already complimenting us on his music selections. Once the wedding got started people stayed on the dance floor allllll night. and Everyone said they LOVED the DJ! He was a HUGE hit and did an amazing job and our friends and family raved about him! I would recommend him to everyone and all my friends!
Ambient DJ Service responded with the following comments:
Thank you Kim and Shawn for taking the time to post this great review! You were an awesome couple (and family) to work with, and I had a great time at the wedding reception as well. When things settle down, please send me a wedding photo or two! (We just recently finished the candy from your Candy Bar :0) )
Wedding: 02/24/2012
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility:  5.0
DJ GREGG was EXCELLENT. He was in constant contact with myself and my Fiance (now husband). He met with us twice (drove to us) and was always available by email.
The online media manager to organize playlists made it so easy. I could search for songs and then add them to my playlist. Once finalized i could send it to him for review. It was great!
Everyone commented on how great the music was and how professional Gregg was! I have already recommended him to others. THANKS GREGG!
Wedding: 01/21/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Gregg from Ambient DJ is a PRO!. He was attentive, accommodating to all of our needs and fit within our budget.

For the ceremony, he provided onsite power, wiring and mics for our officiant, videographer and musician. It all went off without a hitch.

For the reception, he had the dance floor bumpin' all night long. He even inspired the highlight of the night, a running man dance off between the best man and maid of honor to Ice Ice Baby! It was a special night and Gregg truly is the master of all ceremonies. Thanks Gregg! Thanks Ambient DJ!

If you get the chance to use Ambient DJ for any event, BOOK IT!
Wedding: 10/08/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our DJ, Brian Dzbenski and Ian, his helper were fantastic. They kept everything flowing smoothly from the start of the ceremony to the last dance. They were professional, flexible and personable - all the things you want in a DJ. And Brian played a great mix of disco/oldies/new dance, incorporating all the songs on our play list as well. We highly recommend getting the photo booth - your guests get their pictures right there, and you also get a copy. It was so much fun! We initially met with Gregg (the owner) and Brian and instantly felt comfortable with them. They are not pushy at all with any of their packages. They told us all that they offer and let us decide what fit our needs and budget. They were worth EVERY penny!!! Thank you Gregg and Brian!!!!
Wedding: 10/01/2011
 609-672-1270
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire