Altared Vows by Taya

Altared Vows by Taya

You don't marry someone you can live with... you marry the person who you can't live without.

802 Elizabeth Ave

• Responsiveness: 2.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I finally took a good look at my official marriage license to find out she filled it out for the wrong day! I am trying to get her currently to change it so I would be officially married on the correct day but have not hear back for at least 2 weeks now. Also, usually takes a few days for her to respond to emails because she works a full time job too.

3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Thank you for marrying us. A little difficult to communicate,but it worked.

4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My now husband and I found Taya on thumbtack.com. She had great reviews and seemed like just what we needed for our civil ceremony. She was very responsive from the start and helped us design our own ceremony. She delivered perfectly for our rehearsal and ceremony. Just what we needed! Thank you Taya!!!

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Taya was a perfect fit! My wife and I had intended to get married once we had saved enough for a wedding, reception, honeymoon, etc. After being engaged for over a year we realized the ONLY people we really needed for our wedding was us. So we applied for a license on a Monday and planned to be married by the weekend. Taya accommodated every moment of our madness, including helping me carry and set up our impromptu altar on the beach. She kept our ceremony brief and focused on us, just as we'd asked, and stayed to enjoy some laughs on the beach afterwards. My wife's favorite thing about Taya was that she enjoyed herself with us. She is a truly peaceful spirit and could not have been any more gracious, flexible and professional. In the coming year we will have that "traditional" wedding. Although we won't necessarily need an "official" officiant because we are already married, We wouldn't want anyone else to perform this ceremony for us. Thanks again Taya!

• Wedding: 08/29/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We scheduled a meeting with Rev. Taya after reading all of the positive reviews online and as soon as we met her in person, we knew she was exactly what we were looking for. She was very responsive, friendly and worked closely with us to help us create a one-of-a-kind ceremony. Her experience and professionalism showed as she delivered an unforgettable service, despite the fact that it was entirely customized and we did not have her attend our rehearsal. We truly appreciate all of her help and would highly recommend her to anyone looking to put a more personal touch on their ceremony. Thank you!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Taya was wonderful to work with. She performed a lovely service and was very personable and professional. She stayed calm, cool, and collected - even when I realized I grabbed the wrong copy of my marriage license! She performed the service and even helped us set up some nice photos while my Matron of Honor ran back to the house for the correct license. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant they can rely on. Thanks again Taya for making my wedding day perfect!!!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thanks to Taya's positive energy, cool nature and professionalism, my husband and I had a beautiful and memorable wedding ceremony. We went with a semi-customized package, and the sample ceremonies / excerpts she chose for us to pull from for our vows were very fitting– she knew exactly what we wanted. We ended up working in some Buddhist elements, as well as an Apache blessing, and we truly could not be happier with how everything turned out. Taya is also very sweet and kind– she even made sure to wear a dress that fit the rustic/bohemian vibe of our wedding. She's wonderful– my husband and I are so happy that we chose Reverend Taya as our officiant!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Taya was wonderful. We had our wedding from 3-4am under a full lunar eclipse, and Taya had no qualms about doing it! She pulled it together even through rain and clouds and wind. Everything that went wrong with our ceremony was a matter of the inclement weather. Taya helped us pull it together though! She helped us write the ceremony, and i couldn't hold my tears back through the whole thing!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Taya was the Officiant for our black tie wedding in Newark, DE on March 1, 2014. We wanted a spiritual and personal ceremony and we wanted to be involved in the planning of what the ceremony would say. Taya was always available to answer any questions that we had and she took the time to meet with us to make sure our ceremony was written perfectly. She is extremely friendly and very easy to work with. As we went through our ceremony on our wedding day, we were absolutely shocked at how incredibly perfect our ceremony was. It was very personal and she covered every point that we wanted to convey. There wasn't a dry eye in the room by the time we got to the end of the ceremony. We had many of our guests tell us that our ceremony was the most beautiful ceremony that they have ever attended and that it was clear that Taya was very passionate about our ceremony. Taya was able to keep us calm in a very emotional state and she let us take our time doing our vows. We wanted to dedicate part of our ceremony to bring attention to marriage equality in this country...she wow'd every single guest with her love and obvious compassion that she has for the gay community. She is the best officiant out there. Thank you Taya from the bottom of our hearts. You are one in a million. Shawn and Derrick -Durham, NC

• Wedding: 03/01/2014
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Mediocre at best, but at least I'm married now.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Taya was a god-send! Our other officiant (Stacy from Liberty Weddings) never responded to our calls and emails the week before the wedding so we were forced to look for another officiant. We went on Thumbtack the night before our wedding and Taya responded immediately! We had the ceremony already written so she didn't have to do much, but she was so friendly and accommodating. I wish we would have dealt with her from the beginning. We could feel her sincerity and genuine concern for our big day. She was presentable and professional. Check out her reviews - she has over a hundred and they are all good. This is what you need to look for when considering an officiant. I would recommend Taya to anyone and everyone! Thank you, Taya, for saving our day!!

• Wedding: 01/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We initially had booked the services of another officiant (Stacy Litz from Liberty Wedding) who cancelled on us the day before our wedding. Taya answered immediatly and saved our day! She was great, arrived in advance so we could guide her through the ceremony we had prepared and she did an amazing job.
I highly recommand her.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I was a little nervous since all of our communication was done by email and we had never actually met, but Taya was exceptional to work with and performed a touching ceremony. Taya promptly responsed to my questions. In fact, she was able to recommend a lovely venue for our small wedding. She works with many restaurants and venues in the area and provided me many suggestions, but after hearing my desire to have an outdoor/garden/patio-type venue (in the middle of winter!) she highly recommended the Patio Room at Harry's and it was absolutely perfect. She met us there to do the ceremony and made everything easy. She even helped out with some of the photography. Had I know she was a photographer, I would have hired her for that too!!! Taya seemingly can divine exactly what you want from a service without ever even meeting you! Psychic?? We chose not to add any extras to our ceremony like writing our own vows or reading a poem or unity candle, etc. But truly, our ceremony was touching and lovely and I feel lucky to have had her as our officiant.

• Wedding: 12/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a beautiful ceremony with Taya. She was amazing. At the last minute we asked for a change in location and brought more people then planned. She was able to accommodate our wishes. She was calm and in control. We loved the vows she choose for us. If your looking for someone to preform your ceremony, do yourself a favor and hire Taya. She'll help make your big day worry free.

• Wedding: 11/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev. Taya made everything for arranging our marriage ceremony very easy. She gave us exactly the type of ceremony that we wanted. It was fun.

Peter and Les
Venice FL

• Wedding: 11/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

All that I can say is "WOW!" Taya was so accommodating with her flexiblity and the ceremony was one that we will never forget! From the beginning, Taya made me and my partner feel so comfortable that our same-sex marriage would be amazing! She selected an awesome venue for us and officiated in a way that seemed so personal. It brought my husband and guests to tears. Thanks Taya! and we look forward to seeing you when we renew our vows next year!

Altared Vows by Taya responded with the following comments: