Almond Leaf Studios

Almond Leaf Studios

Asheville, NC | map
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I really wish I had the words to describe how wonderful our experience was with Almond Leaf Studios.

The Hasenmyers are truly the most gifted couple you could ever put your trust in to capture a big occasion like a wedding. They are so professional – from the time you book to the time the last photo is edited, working with them is totally transparent, very communicative and absolutely filled with love and appreciation.

Beyond their professionalism and artistry, they are simply the most kind and loving people. I could not have felt more comfortable and calm in their presence – they always had a plan and were ready to give instruction, and it was always at the perfect time, with the friendliest and calming direction. I not only wound up with the most gorgeous collection of photos capturing the details of the day (captured at just the right moment), I truly received art work in which my husband and I are the subjects. There is not a person who has seen our photos that hasn’t mentioned “that belongs in a magazine” at some point or another. In fact, the venue where we got married is using our photos to highlight the venues.

And the video – UNREAL! We didn’t even know that we wanted a video. And now that we have this amazing piece that will forever capture the beauty and love of that day, I have to preach to every bride I know – YOU HAVE TO HAVE ONE! My memories are captured on film and that is priceless – David translated our very experience into something that someday our future kids will be able to watch 100 times, like my husband and I have. Our mannerisms, our family dynamics – it’s all there in 4 minutes of emotional beauty. Again, there isn’t a person who didn’t comment that they had never seen love captured so palpably.

It seems like everyone these days has “the best photographer” – but unless they are referring to Almond Leaf, I have to disagree.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
Services Used: Photography, Videography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

First I must say, Elizabeth and David Hasenmyer are lovely people.

Picking a wedding photographer was an extremely difficult task for me and my, now, husband. Having worked in the wedding industry myself for many years, we knew the talent pool to choose from in North Carolina would be overwhelming. However, the first time I spoke with Elizabeth on the phone, I was immediately at ease. She described her work style and aesthetic in a comfortable and confident way. She showed great interest in what we felt was most important to us on our big day. Also, one of the appealing things about Almond Leaf was that their business model has a wonderful philanthropic element, which a portion of the profits from our booking went to others in need. Like I said - lovely. people.

Elizabeth's flexibility in arranging our engagement session, and even rescheduling due to a major rainstorm, was something we greatly appreciated. Elizabeth’s second shooter at the wedding was her awesome husband, David. Most importantly, their presence the weekend of our wedding went beyond photography. They were respectful of space, but also were willing to take risks to get incredible shots for us. I’m pretty sure David climbed a tree at one point! Elizabeth was efficient in getting through a large number of family pictures. We had a tight timeline and they kept the mood light, as wedding day tensions can be high.

The email and phone correspondence was always quick. The booking process and payment process was incredibly easy and done via their website. We received our engagement pictures in a very timely fashion. The images of the wedding they have sent us so far have been stunning and we cannot wait to see the rest!

If you are looking for a talented, kind, fun and professional wedding photographer, and for beautiful images you will hold dear for the rest of your lives, we could not recommend Almond Leaf Studios more! Book them. Book them. Book them.

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great people to work with. Excellent job with everything we wanted.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elizabeth is a true gem. Her work is beyond fantastic and she works very closely to insure she provides all that you want from a photographer. We had a very rough go with our wedding and had to rescheduled 2 months before hand. We ended up having a last minute destination wedding and Elizabeth was very flexible and supportive throughout the ENTIRE process. She was especially spectacular on my wedding day, guiding us throughout the photo shoot and just being super lovely. I will definitely be contacting her in the future for any of my photography needs.

Her husband actually shot a short (but wonderful) video of our wedding day. It was exactly what I was looking for, and the turn around time was super quick. They are an amazing team together.

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
Services Used: Photography, Videography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just happened to find Almond Leaf Studios online on a wedding planning website and decided to book them because I was so impressed with the example photographs on their website. My expectations were exceeded by Elizabeth and her team throughout the entire process. Elizabeth was very professional and clearly concerned about what my husband and I wanted out of our wedding photographs. She was so easy to work with and delivered a beautiful product. We were so pleased with our wedding photos and look forward to using Almond Leaf Studios again for our photography needs in the future!

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hands down we are beyond happy that we hired Almond Leaf Studios and we recommend them to anyone. Elizabeth was beyond helpful throughout the entire planning process. The day of the wedding she was very attentive to our needs and readily available to capture all the important moments of the day.

We recommend her services to anyone!!!

• Wedding: 11/18/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elizabeth and her team are AMAZING! Very prompt responses, great personality and overall the perfect photographer for your big day!

• Wedding: 10/22/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I recommend this photography company to any couple that is looking for a fresh and artistic approach to their wedding photography needs. Elizabeth and her team stand out because a portion of the proceeds from your package are used charitably, which is comforting considering how much money is spent on a wedding and all it entails.

• Wedding: 10/01/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My experience with Elizabeth and April was perfect! As a laid back bride who isn't interested in ANYTHING traditional it was a perfect fit. Capturing the essence of my wedding day was very important to me so photography was the thing I wanted to spend the most money on. It was SO worth it! I am in love with all of my pictures! Sometimes I sit for hours staring at my photos and getting lost in the memories of my wedding day. Thank you so much for doing what you do with such perfection!

• Wedding: 09/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When I contacted Elizabeth with Almond Leaf Studios about photographing my wedding day, I knew she was "THE ONE." Having a sister who's wedding photos were featured in "New York Bridal" magazine I knew I had big shoes to fill when it came to my wedding photographer and I wanted NOTHING but the BEST! Her work is breathtaking and Elizabeth is so warm and friendly, the combination is unbeatable. My hubby-to-be and I have only had engagement pictures done so far, and I cannot tell you how many compliments I received once our engagement pictures hit the Almond Lead Studios blog!!!! They were more beautiful then I could have ever imagined, she knows how to make her subjects shine! She is great to work with, always professional, prompt to respond to e-mails/phone calls, and her attention to detail is superb. I cannot wait for more to come on our wedding day!!!

• Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Almond Leaf Studios is an industry leader in being so creative, prompt, caring and incredibly professional. Elizabeth was a breath of fresh air to our family. Her ideas and her ability to create long lasting memories through the lens of her camera are amazing. I highly recommend Elizabeth and April to create dreams for a lifetime to enjoy.

• Wedding: 06/11/2011
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely amazing value! Friendly, casual, efficient photographer(s). Book early and set dates well in advance, as photographer does travel out of the country often.

• Wedding: 05/28/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elizabeth (at Almond Leaf) is one of the nicest people I have ever met. My daughter had set up an appointment for an outdoor bridal shoot. Elizabeth drove about two hours to find us, then arrived early and checked out several locations. Just as we finished getting my daughter into her wedding dress, the heavens opened up with pouring rain, and eventually thunderstorms. Elizabeth didn't miss a beat. Because of her preparation, we still had wonderful locations to shoot from, and instead of the day being a disaster, it turned into a great session. The photos turned out so well that we had a difficult time choosing one for her portrait. I would recommend Almond Leaf to anyone who wants a terrific, stress free experience. We are anxiously awaiting the wedding photos!! Elizabeth and April were everywhere, and yet they were never distracting or in the way. Almond Leaf also has a heart for charity. Please check out their website.

• Wedding: 05/28/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Five stars simply does not cover the level of service and attention we received before, during, and after our wedding. Elizabeth was able to capture what we were looking for in our wedding pictures, and deliver flawlessly!

• Wedding: 05/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Almond Leaf Studios is AMAZING!!! When my fiance and I first met Elizabeth, we knew she was who we would trust the photos of our big day to. She is an amazing photographer, but she is also a great person. She is so easygoing and has the perfect personality for this work. She put us at ease right away and she listened to all our concerns and was happy to answer any questions.

Elizabeth and April worked our wedding day and they both did a tremendous job. Looking at our pictures we were able to remember so many moments that had been such a blur in the day. They are a treasure. We also have some friends and family who were not able to make it for the big day and they truly got a sense of what the day was like by looking at the photographs.

Elizabeth has such a great eye and was able to find great shots in every aspect. If you want your run of the mill, posed, generic shots, go elsewhere. If you want memories that you will truly enjoy and view as art, Almond Leaf Studios is your photography choice. Hands down. We did a lot of research on photographers. Photography was one aspect we were willing to pay the extra money for to get what we really wanted. Almond Leaf Studios blew away everyone else for us. And the prices are not reflective of their work. We feel we got the most amazing deal with the most amazing photographers.
Elizabeth even took it up a notch and submitted our wedding to the wedding chicks and our wedding photos are being published on their site!

Lastly, I will say that she has not let us down AT ALL. All our follow up with her has been great. She's still there, responding to our kooky crazy questions. She is still a part of this process with us. It's not a cut and dry, hey thanks for taking pictures at our wedding, see ya, kind of deal. She is in it until you are 100% comfortable and happy with the end product. I have a friend that got married over 2 years ago and still doesn't have her album. Elizabeth has a great moral integrity to keep everyone happy.

I would reccommend Almond Leaf Studios to anyone who wants beautiful, artistic captures of their day...whatever that day may be. My Maid of Honor is getting married in Mexico in November and she's trying to work out being able to use Almond Leaf Studios for their big day as well. When you see the kind of work that they do and the amount of passion and perfection that they put into all they do, you will be sold. I guarantee it.
Our wedding day was one of the most wonderful, joyous of our lives so far. Knowing that Elizabeth and April were there doing their awesome work made the whole day no stress. I wasn't stressed that they'd miss shots, take too many of things I didn't care about, or not take enough of the ones that mattered. Truly perfection. I feel like I sound a bit disingenuous in this, but I truly can't say enough about these 2.
When we bring little ones into the world, I can't wait to have her get her camera all over them too!

• Wedding: 05/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Almond Leaf Studios and Elizabeth were above and beyond what I had hoped for in a wedding photographer. Elizbeth is not only extremely talented and passionate, but super likeable and fun to work with and be around. My bridal and wedding photos will be cherished for years to come, and I can't thank Elizabeth enough for that. I am so please with the experience and the quality of the images. I highly recommend Almond Leaf studios to anyone looking for a photographer!

• Wedding: 04/02/2011
704-807-8563
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards