All Faiths Ceremonies by Dr. Sheila Gay Gross

All Faiths Ceremonies by Dr. Sheila Gay Gross

All Faiths, Traditions, and Orientations

104 Panorama Drive
Edgewater, NJ 07020 | map
Services:: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious, Sin...
Religious affiliations: Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Hindu, Je...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If a unique and memorable ceremony is what you’re seeking, look no further. Sheila is AMAZING! We wanted our ceremony to be the centerpiece of our special day and could not have been happier with our experience in working with Sheila. Her approach of actually spending time with her couples, to really get to know them, is unprecedented. She invested valuable time and energy into learning about us, both as individuals and as a couple. Her genuine interest in learning both about our history and our hopes and dreams, allowed her creativity to design a unique and fun experience that incorporated our guests into the ceremony. The reaction was unanimous. Our friends and family felt like they were a part of the wedding, not just attending another ceremony. Sheila is detail oriented and a consummate professional, whom we would recommend to all couples of any faith.

• Wedding: 03/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My fiancé and I were looking to have a unique ceremony where the message to our guests was that this was a truly celebration of two uniting. We did not want the standard readings used during a wedding. I saw wonderful reviews for Sheila and so, after speaking with her on the phone - we set up a meeting with Sheila. We had several meetings and Sheila captured our personal love story and got to know and understand us as individuals. On our wedding day - Sheila presented "our love story", she had our guests engaged in the ceremony and had so many of them in tears of joy and laughter. She executed the plan wonderfully and I believe it made our reception and celebration so much more meaningful. It wasn't just a party, but a celebration for our marriage. Thank you Sheila... If you are looking for a unique wedding that is personalized to you and your spouse, please speak with Sheila!

• Wedding: 03/14/2014
Donna
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was the best day of our lives, and it easily starts at the very beginning when we worked with Sheila. Ben and I were skeptical working with an officiant that did not know us; that we had no prior relationship with. We knew that we wanted a very personal ceremony, one that helped everyone to understand who we are and why we love each other. We wanted everyone to feel like they were participants in our day, not just observers. Sheila really put in the time to learn who we both are, as individuals and as a couple. She really understood how to personalize a moment and skillfully bridge our guests into it--we all shared the experience. Sheila did not insert our names into a traditional script that we all have heard a dozen times before. She told the story of us.

It has been a week since our wedding, and we've lost count at the amount of compliments we've received about ceremony and Sheila. It was touching, unifying, and memorable. It surpassed expectations, and was the perfect start to the beginning of the rest of our lives together.

An absolute PLEASURE to work with. We'd give her 6 stars if we were allowed!

• Wedding: 03/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had never thought about or imagined getting married, so when looking for an officiant and trying to envision what our marriage should be like, I felt overwhelmed and had nowhere to start. We were incredibly lucky to find Rev. Dr. Sheila. She turned an event that started out overwhelming and stressful into a smooth, stress-free and enjoyable process culminating in a ceremony that was beautiful, touching and exactly what we were looking for. Rev. Sheila did not have us choose between generic ceremony scripts. She conducted an interview with myself and my husband, getting to know how we met and how we felt towards each other. Our ceremony was simple, as we wanted it, but it was touching, powerful and a lovely experience. Rev. Sheila gave a wonderful, sincere account of how my husband and I met, and the close friends and family we invited to the ceremony were given the opportunity to participate as they were given time to recount how they had grown to know us as a couple.

The best part of this experience was Rev. Sheila's sincerity and the level of care, kindness and friendliness with which we were treated. I feel as if I not only had a wonderful officiant; I also got to know an amazing, warm-hearted person whom I will always remember. Our ceremony was many things, all of them good, and it was also relaxed without pressures of extreme formality; what it was NOT was cliched or typical. Our ceremony's personalized nature made me feel a connection to the vows I took instead of feeling like it was a contract, which is sometimes the feeling of weddings I have observed. There were no stereotypes, no short-cuts. From beginning to end, it was an experience that I enjoyed and was proud of.

I have no doubt that Rev. Sheila is capable of making a ceremony perfect for any couple. The time and effort she puts into her work is genuine and heart-felt; she synthesizes her work with the needs and wants of the couple. I cannot imagine having been married by anyone else.

• Wedding: 02/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sheila was such a pleasure to work with. She was super helpful and always available for me. Our ceremony that she created for us was incredible. All my guests were blown away!! Sheila truly has a gift!! For those looking for a unique ceremony that tells your love story...look no more!!

• Wedding: 02/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We truly loved working with Sheila - she is so wonderful! She worked with us both over the phone, by email and in person to create a beautiful, memorable and perfect ceremony. Our guests were still talking about it the next day and said that they thought it was one of the best ceremonies they'd ever witnessed because it was unique and covered a whole range of emotions.

One of the highlights was that Sheila suggested that some of our loved ones speak during the ceremony to express their love and support for the two of us - it was so touching and special! We had a great time and I think that the ceremony Sheila put together for us fit us really well and reflected our personalities and our relationship with one another. She really captured the love we feel for one another and made it a unique and fun experience for both us and our guests.

Sheila is flexible, professional and warm and she is a person who truly listens to you and gets to know you so that it feels as though you've known her for years. The way she was able to talk about us and our relationship did not at all feel generic or like she was just filling in the blanks of a template. It was wonderful!!

• Wedding: 01/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I don't even know if I can describe how wonderful Sheila made our wedding ceremony. Everything I asked for Sheila did! She made our ceremony very intimate and very beautiful. Our guests are still raving about Sheila. These were our second "I do's" to each other and Sheila made it enjoyable for people to understand our story. The entire wedding couldn't have been more perfect!

• Flexibility: 5.0

There are no words that could express our feelings correctly. Our ceremony was due to take place Dec. 5th, we had a death in the family 3 days before... Shelia Gay Gros was a blessing, she made sure our moment of happiness came to be. She helped us during this time of sorrow as well as our special moment of happiness. Her spiritual and loving way gave true comfort to our hearts...and our day that much more special. Sheila is a true professional but more importantly she is a truly caring person with every detail and every situation. She is spectacular.

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sheila is a true blessing! Harold and I used her for our wedding on November 16, 2013. From the moment I first spoke to her on the phone, I knew she was the one who I would like to marry my husband and I. I loved her style of "getting to know you" with a few meetings before the wedding. Sheila truly takes time to listen to "your story" and the people you are. To this day - I still get remarks on how beautiful our ceremony was. Most even said it was the most beauiful ceremony they were lucky enough to witness. I can't say enough kind words on my feelings towards Sheila - her professionalism, thoughtfulness, humor, and just her loving self. I would remmend Sheila to my closest family member/friend. She is simply the best!!!

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev. Dr.Sheila Gross is the BEST! If you want your wedding ceremony to be personal and spectacular, she is the one that truly delivers! She put her heart and soul in making our ceremony beyond our expectations! She is extremely responsive and captured our personalities perfectly.. She always followed up whenever we had a question. We just love her spirit and her authentic kindness! Our guests are still praising her work! Hands down she is the best! We absolutely love her! She will be part of our lives forever!!!!!!!!!

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
Marcella
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My mother is the one who actually recommended Sheila to us. She had attended a wedding where she was the officiant a few years ago in which she remained memorable. As soon as I spoke to Sheila for the first time I knew she was one of a kind, which was further confirmed when my husband and I met her in person. We immediately felt comfortable and she really "got us" and the inner workings of our relationship, which she was able to convey during our ceremony. She included special traditions to make our ceremony unique. We are looking forward to having her perform our baby blessing cermony someday! Adam & Liz

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sheila was truly wonderful as our officiant. On our first visit, we drove to her home to tell her our story - long story short, my work ended late and we got lost, and arrived at her home much later than anticipated. She was still warm and welcoming and stayed up with us for 3 HOURS learning about how we became a couple.

The day of my ceremony, my dad was so moved during the vows that he got up and spoke for a minute (impromptu). It was a little surprising, but everyone loved it. The one word everyone used to say how much they loved our ceremony was "personal." it was funny, loving, honest, and even participatory - our guests pronounced us husband and wife collectively!

Incredible is an understatement and I cannot recommend her more highly. She will make your day more special than you can ever anticipate.

Anuradha

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Best, Best, BEST! Our wedding ceremony was absolutely spectacular. We discussed the details before hand, and I was pretty prepared that it was going to go smoothly. What I didn't anticipate was how extraordinary it was going to be. The job was not an easy one, as this was a mixed religion wedding and on top of that multi-cultural, combining Eastern European traditions with South American.

Sheila has a way engaging everyone from the beginning of the ceremony to the end where we felt the presence of all of our friends and family there with us. She added beautiful touching moments that our families will not forget. But it was her tone that I will not forget, it left me feeling at peace, able to concentrate on the man I was dedicating my life to and the moment. Thank you Sheila, for a truly memorable experience.

• Wedding: 09/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dr. Sheila is an amazing woman who I can't say enough good things about. She took the time to get to know us and understand us - as people, as friends, and as customers. She cared about what we wanted and didn't want. Sheila exhibited smarts, experience, and helped us in every way we needed assistance. She blew people's minds at the ceremony; we received much unsolicited, positive feedback from friends and family about how they had never been present for such a personal and moving ceremony. Everything was beautiful. If you're thinking about working with Sheila, you should do it!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We have been overwhelmed by complements from family and friends about our wedding ceremony--of how personal, beautiful and meaningful it was--all thanks to Dr. Sheila Gay Gross. To us, being married meant more than being in love--it was also about being best friends. We wanted to convey this and Sheila suggested the Celtic Anam Cara ("translated soul friend") ceremony. We had purchased Celtic Warrior rings from Ireland for our wedding bands and the suggestion could not have been more perfect. We had turned the traditional Irish/Italian Roman Catholic Ceremony into a 15th Century Tradition that represented how we felt the true meaning of marriage meant to us. Sheila turned our thoughts into the best wedding ceremony we could ever wish for. If I could give Sheila a 10 on a scale of 1 to 5, I would. There is no doubt in my mind that she can create the most rememberable wedding day for you as well.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sheila was amazing! We had a Russian American wedding and even my Russian relatives who don't speak English that well cried, laughed and clapped. She took the time to get to know my husband and I and provided a beautiful, meaningful and spectacular ceremony that portrayed our love for each other. She incorporated our guests in our ceremony and helped make it personal and memorable.

• Wedding: 09/20/2013
201-886-3007
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards