Alesca Event Photography Specialist

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We had the priveledge of having Domenic Zecca as our videographer for our wedding. We had a limited budget; however, he was willing to work with us to ensure our day was filmed exactly to our liking. Actually, Domenic volunteered to stay and film for an extra 2 hours to help us capture all of our special moments, which was something that was unexpected and unbelievably kind of him. We highly recommend Alesca Photography and Videography for your future events due to their professionalism, flexibility, and eagerness to ensure you are fully satisfied with their services.
Wedding: 09/07/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.0

Marc 1 Reviews
Dom was easy to deal with and straight forward with pricing and what's offered in the package. Happy with my video.
Wedding: 08/25/2013
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0
I honestly don't even know where to begin. I had not intended on writing a review however, I was reminded that other brides/grooms will possibly endure the same shock, dismay, sadness and disbelief as we did if we don't say something to the world. I contacted Domenic and explained that my 12 year old daughter wanted to play the viola at our wedding, and our nieces wrote a poem specifically for us and that my husband's childhood friend would officiate our ceremony...Domenic understood the importance of this video for us! The wedding came and went and no calls, emails or contact from Domenic about the video. Emails bounced back and phone calls went unanswered. I called his office probably over 10 times and NOTHING. I began to get very frustrated and got that sick gut wrenching feeling something was wrong. His partner Aaron finally answered one of my calls and told me he saw the video and that all was fine and that he was mailing me the DVD that same night. Days later and NOTHING. I continued to call them again and finally got Nancy the only person there that is professional enough to talk to me. Well she dropped off the video as she promised and I was very excited to go home and watch it. On my way home I got a voicemail from Nancy asking me to call her back. I knew something was wrong just by the sound of her voice. DOMENIC did not record my ceremony!!! I had just heard this correctly? So I ran home and my husband and I were so disgusted. It was true. No ceremony...and what's worse...the actual video he took was HORRIBLE. He cut off my husband's head on certain occasions, totally screwed up the dance routine that my husband and daughter carefully planned, zoomed in on water glasses...Horrible!! Just please don't use them!! You will regret it. I was full of emotion and so certain details were not captured as I had hoped. I'm still happily married but won't be able to relieve our wonderful day - we got a refund but I don't feel that's fair.
Alesca Event Photography Specialist responded with the following comments:
It saddens us as as a company to see the posting of this review , the client did come too us on a limited budget asking us to only capture the day. Although it is not our regular practice we did accept this job, only to provide raw footage to the client. ( Raw footage is not altered in any way there is no adjustments to lighting, sound or repeated shots.) We provided exactly just that raw footage , for the client to now write a review stating that the footage was horribly and reading her explanation that we zoomed in and out including shots of her husbands head being cut off. This is all part of raw footage, Sandra's husband is an editor himself and Sandra stated that he would be doing all the editing. As you will read in all of our reviews above all videos that are edited by Alesca are done with one thing and that is making our brides and grooms happy.
Respectfully
Alesca
Wedding: 07/06/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0

Private User 2 Reviews
The video took awhile to receive but was amazing.
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 2 Reviews
The video came out beautifully and we are very happy with the job done.

Rachel 2 Reviews
i used Alesca to do my video for my wedding. Dominick was so helpful and did a great job on my video. overall i was very pleased and would highly recommend them .
Wedding: 05/31/2013

Private User 5 Reviews
THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! They are so awesome to work with and their work is fantastic!!! I would highly recommended Alesca for any special occasion you may be having whether its a wedding, birthday, christening, anniversary etc. Domenic and his partner were so much fun to work with!! We also had their photo booth at our wedding and our guests had so much fun with it!!!! They captured memories and moments that will last a lifetime. I cannot stop watching my wedding video!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Domenic is a pleasure to work with.
Wedding: 11/03/2012
Services Used: Photography

Anonymous 2 Reviews
Domenic and his staff did an AMAZING job in both accommodating our Video needs and making the guests of our wedding feel welcome and part of something special! The montages were an added bonus, expertly edited where the timing of the musical transitions matched the tempo of what was being recorded. It was amazing to relive the moments! Christy and I would recommend Alesca Media to anyone, anytime, anywhere! Thank you Domenic for capturing all of our amazing memories which we will enjoy for a lifetime!

Love,
Christy and Steve
Wedding: 09/22/2012

Nancy 5 Reviews
I am extremely satisfied with the service I received from Alesca Productions for my wedding day. Domenic was awesome to work with, captured the entire wedding and was completely unobtrusive the entire time!!
Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Alesca provided two videographers and our photo lounge for our July 2012 wedding. They were with us from the salon in the morning to the very last dance but you would never know it because they were completely unobtrusive! They documented all the necessary important moments, captured so many random fun and beautiful pieces of the day and edited it down to the most wonderful wedding DVD (complete with background music chosen by my husband and I). We were also provided the unedited version of our special day so we can truly see everything that happened It was such a treat to watch our video after the wedding, there were so many little things that we saw while watching which we did not notice that day! I can honestly say that watching our wedding video was such a gratifying experience after the wedding, I laughed, cried and absolutely loved reliving every moment.

The photo lounge was a HUGE HIT! We chose a backdrop before the big day and Alesca brought that, multiple props, 2 staff, their photo printer and photo holders (which we chose the design of before the big day). Two copies of every photo taken in the lounge were printed. One was put on the photo holder for guests to take while the other was placed in a guest book which was signed and provided to my husband and I at the end of the night. We were also provided with a CD of all the photo lounge images. I really loved how many people could fit in one photo as opposed to a traditional photo booth. We received so many compliments on the photo lounge that night and have received multiple compliments since our wedding! I was just asked for my photo lounge vendor information last weekend from a bride to be friend over a year later!
Wedding: 07/21/2012
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Videography

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Working with Domenic from Alesca Video was a pleasure. He was amazing. I had a hard time with my photographer and he stepped up and helped a ton which he did not have to do. I couldn't have asked for better service. Our video was a hit!!! With not just my husband and myself but our family and friends. Alesca Video was one of the best investments of wedding. I'm using them again for my sisters wedding. Highly recommend!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We just got our video last week and we were AMAZED it took us right back to our wedding day. Dom did such an a wonderful job capturing the whole day. The whole day we didn't even know he was there. Right after the ceremony, Dom came over to my husband and I he congratulated us and said that's the last word you will hear from me all night. At first I thought it was a little odd, I wouldn't have phased me if he anyone, forgetting that anything he says would be on video lol. From that moment on we had no idea he was there. The quality of the video was great our whole family loves it! Thank you so much for working with us and make our wedding day a day we can never forget!!!!
Wedding: 03/17/2012
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
I cannot fathom how Domenic/Alesca Productions has such a good rating on this site. My experience with this company was absolutely atrocious! I would recommend brides to stay as far from this company as possible. My wedding was six months ago and I am STILL going through a mess with this videographer!

This will be long, but the truth needs to be put out there!
1- We were promised that the videographer would arrive 30 minutes before the ceremony to set up and that the groom would be given a wireless mic so that all the words of the ceremony would be captured. However, the videographer showed up only FIVE MINUTES before I walked down the aisle! And since he was so late, no microphone was given to the groom. Also, most likely to due to his lateness, the camera was obviously not set up or calibrated correctly because the picture quality of our video is horrendous, but more on that later.
2- I requested that our first dance, and father-daughter dance, be filmed in full from the front because they were choreographed. However, the videographer decided to capture the dances from the side and slightly behind us, so although they were captured in full, the angle is a bit odd. Oh, and I almost spun into the camera at one point because he was next to us, rather than in front of us. We contacted Domenic about this and the microphone issue, but he said that the ceremony could be heard and that the dances look great (even though he said he didn’t have in his notes anywhere that I wanted them filmed from the front. Um, it’s not my fault he didn’t write it down!) Since he said the ceremony could be heard, I decided the angle of the dances wasn’t a big deal, and waited to receive the video.
3- When we received the video, the picture quality of the entire video was absolutely horrendous and completely unacceptable! It was very blurry/out of focus, not the high-res/HD quality that we expected. It was washed out - almost like there was a white film over everything or like it was overexposed - making the colors duller than they should be. Facial features of the people walking down the aisle couldn’t be seen, they were just blurry flesh-colored circles until they got close to the camera, and even then the details were hard to make out. The worst issue was that every time the camera moved from side to side, the image got really distorted and there were 4-5 horizontal lines cutting across the video (kind of like when you fast-forward a VHS tape while it plays)! It looked like it came from a cell phone camera rather than professional video equipment! We were appalled.
4- We contacted Domenic to tell him about the quality and this was his response (direct quote from my email): “Yes you are correct we focused so much attention on the parts of the video that had you concerned that we did not watch it once it was output.” WHAT?! My previous concerns were a lack of microphone and the angle at which the dances were captured – these are things that can’t be changed/fixed after the fact, especially not to the detriment of the image quality! Such excuses are completely unacceptable. What videographer doesn't take enough pride in their work to even look at the final product?! Not just that, but such a horrendous image quality should be immediately obvious to a professional in the process of editing the video. So anyway, he says that the issue was a “de-interlacing issue” and that he will fix it and send another one..
5- We receive the second video, and with the exception of a very slight improvement in the horizontal lines, it is the EXACT SAME HORRIBLE VIDEO! Still blurry, still washed out, still has the lines across it… UGH! So we contact him again, tell him how upset we are and how we are thinking of disputing the charges with our credit card company, and he says that it’s a problem with some software upgrade that causes more problems than it fixes and that since he has the raw footage he will re-edit it with the older, “better” software. I decide to give him one last chance and wait for the third video…
6- The third video arrives and, although it is a bit better, it is still not at a level that anyone would ever associate with a professional. It is obvious that the problem is with how the footage was filmed (ie – the guy was late and didn’t set up the camera correctly). Domenic tried to fool us by adding a prettier menu, and a short 3-minute recap (which was actually supposed to be included with the video from the very beginning and it somehow got left out of both the first and second videos). But making the Intro and menu prettier doesn’t fix the image quality problem. Third strike, I’m done.
7- I emailed Domenic to express our severe disappointment and request a refund. He then has the audacity to ask for the video to be returned to him! Um, no. He may have done an awful job, but given the choice between having a crappy video and having no video, I still want the crappy video. So we disputed the charges with our credit card company. He is now trying to refuse the dispute and it looks like we will end up somewhere in the middle – getting about half our money refunded for our trouble. This dispute process is still going on though, and I have a feeling he will try to argue against giving us any of the money back.

Moral of the story – Alesca Productions is an AWFUL video company! Do NOT trust them to capture your special day! We sincerely regret our decision to hire them. We were originally going to ask a friend to take video for us, and that is what we should have done. We have some clips from friends, taken with a personal, non-professional video camera, that blows Alseca’s picture quality out of the water! I am trying to figure out how to upload clips from both videos (friend and Alesca) to Youtube so that the difference can be seen side-by-side. It is pretty awful when a hand-held camera does an obviously better job than a hired professional. If I ever figure out how to do this, I will update this review.

I hope this review saves at least one bride/couple the disappointment that my husband and I experienced with Alesca Productions...
Wedding: 09/25/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dominic was a pure professional since the moment we meet. Alseca has different packages to suit many different needs. He was total unobtrusive & there till the very end! Can't wait to see the final product!
Wedding: 09/09/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We worked with Alesca Video for our wedding on July 16th 2011..Domenic could not have been more accommodating or have done a better job. He worked very hard on a hot summer day in order to capture all of the awesome moments, yet he was not intrusive and we barely even noticed that he was there! I would highly recommend using Alesca...they created a fantastic video portrayal of our wedding that my wife just said the other day was "irreplaceable". Thanks guys!

-Andrew Snyder
Wappingers Falls, NY
Wedding: 07/16/2011
 914-355-5335
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire