Aleksandra Ambrozy Makeup & Hair

Value
Flexibility
Lucy
06/07/2015

I highly recommend Aleksandra Ambrozy Makeup & Hair for makeup and hair.
Alek and Meghan did an amazing job on me, my mother, and 2 of my bridesmaids. When I started looking for makeup artists, I wanted to someone who understood how to do Asian eyes and Aleksandra came highly recommended. I originally signed on for makeup only, but after a lackluster hair trial in the suburbs, I turned to Alek who matched me up with Meghan for hair. I went in for a hair and makeup trial in Philly a couple weeks before the day armed with a Pinterest account of ideas. Alek and Meghan were both super sweet and worked with me to get the look I wanted. The day of, they showed up promptly and worked on the wedding party. Meghan did my hair and after seeing I wasn’t entirely happy, she quickly tweaked it so that it was more of what I wanted which I am so grateful for. My mom and bridesmaids all loved their hair and makeup and yes, with the exception of lipstick (which requires reapplying) all the makeup kept for 10+ hours. And my eyes look amazing false lashes and all!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Aleks (makeup) and Jacklyn (hair) were INCREDIBLE. Consummate professionals who made me and my maids look unbelievably beautiful on my wedding day. They arrived early, paid close attention to every detail and worked efficiently in the time frame given to them. I cannot say enough good things about Aleks and Jaclyn and I hope to get to work with them in the future!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Aleksandra is the best! Listens, flexible, talented, professional. Save yourself time and just book with Aleksandra.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Aleksandra and Jackie were amazing - they made me look and feel utterly fantastic on my wedding day, and did the same for my bridesmaids and family, even though they requested a wide range of different styles. Would definitely hire them again!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I am writing this review about Zoe, one of Aleksandra's associate make-up artists. On the day of our wedding, Zoe was on-time and remained sweet all day. She was so relaxed, chatted with everyone in my family, and her work was fantastic! EVERYONE looked magazine-esque and the make-up she applied to me lasted all day through lots and lots of dancing and happy tears. My party got compliments throughout the day and night. I am so glad we were able to have her. Thank you, Zoe!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I hired Aleks for make-up for myself and my bridesmaids for my wedding! She was outstanding. She listened to exactly what I wanted and made sure my make-up and that of my bridal party was flawless. I was very particular as I tend not to wear much make-up, and she made sure that I still looked like myself, just a bit refined :) Aleks is super professional, responsive, and worth every penny.

Kim Harrelson, one of her team members, did all of our hair (9 total) and was amazing! She executed every girls up do flawlessly with plenty of time to spare. I cannot recommend her enough.

Leigh
09/27/2014

Aleksandra was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was very easy to get in touch with, always prompt with responding and her knowledge and skill surrounding makeup were astounding. She truly made my makeup vision come to life! All of my girls and my mom and mother in law looked incredible.

Recently Married

We worked with Zoe for the big day and she was truly terrific. Everyone she did makeup for (bride, bridesmaids, MOB, MOG) looked amazing. Everyone in the group sticks to a more natural look and Zoe did just what we wanted, an enhanced natural look. Would love to use her again.

Joann
09/13/2014

I booked Aleksandra and Jackie about 9 months before our wedding date. I still remember how excited I was when she responded that they were both still available. Aleksandra and Jackie’s portfolios were flawless- it seemed to me that they mastered the natural look to a T. I had asked Aleks to do my makeup for my engagement shoot and was very impressed. She was sweet and took her time listening to me as I showed inspiration photos and explained the look I wanted. She encouraged me to be honest and checked in with me often to make sure we shared the same vision. During my trial, I completely understood how she and Jackie worked so well together. They were so much fun to be around! They took photos of my hair and make-up from various angles, offered suggestions, and welcomed my requests when I wanted to see how a few changes would affect the overall look. On my wedding day, every one of the 9 ladies raved about their hair and makeup, and loved how Aleks and Jackie fit in seamlessly with the group. My makeup and hair looked good from 1PM through 1:30AM and I have photos to prove it! These two are incredibly talented, reliable, and have fun and relaxed personalities. Thanks so much for making all of us look and feel good on my wedding day, Aleks and Jackie!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Aleksandra -you are the best!!!

I definitely did a lot research for our wedding that was this Saturday, and I am SO glad that I found Aleksandra- I booked Her way in advance! :)
Aleksandra is such a sweet, smart, attentive and professional makeup artist. She is phenomenal at her job while being the most kind and caring person at same time.
The trial went great and our wedding day was even better!
Aleksandra answered all my questions via email (worked best for me !) and made sure we were all ready on time. With a large party of 9, she and Jackie the hair stylist made it look like a breeze!
My bridesmaids and moms LOVED their makeup, and with Jackie doing our hair too we looked Fabulous! Makeup lasted all day and all our hairstyles held up great (I danced the night away!) ,and in fact, it rained throughout our outside picture sessions and I didn't have to touch up anything but lipstick!
I loved working with you Aleks, and cannot thank you enough for the amazing job you did! Also-Thank you for my fave pic of the day with my doggie of honor! Haha love it! Xoxo
Ganga

1 Review
Recently Married

Aleksandra did an absolutely outstanding job along with her stylist Jackie for my daughter, the bride, her seven bridesmaids and for myself, the mother of the bride. Aleksandra and her team came to our hotel and managed create a completely individual look for all nine of us. Quite a feat.
Makeup and hair came out looking elegant and never over the top. Would highly recommend her and her team.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Aleksandra and her team were I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E.

They arrived on time, did a great job with hair and makeup (everyone of my bridesmaids was very happy with how they looked), and were very outgoing and fun to be around!

I highly recommend!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I loved, loved, working with Aleksandra for my makeup trial and big day! She is amazing at what she does and I'm so glad that I booked her well in advance. She is very responsive via email and answered all my questions in a timely manner. On the big day, Aleksandra and her co-stylist, Zoey, arrived promptly at the hotel, which was much appreciated. My bridesmaids and moms were thrilled with the looks, and Aleksandra was more than open to using my mom's personal makeup on her, since she tends to break out easily with many products.

My makeup lasted the whole day and looked great in pictures until the very end! Also, wanted to mention that I'm Asian, so I'm usually concerned about makeup, since eyes are a lot harder to do on us :) She is definitely experienced in this area and I - along with my mom and sister - were all very happy.

vicky
05/25/2014

Amazing! Honestly, Aleksandra was wonderful.

I searched lots of reviews and websites and got lots of quotes for make-up services. What drew me towards Aleksandra as a vendor was both her reviews, and the photos on her site. She had women of many ethnicities and complexions, and all looked naturally beautiful. I'm a little neurotic when it comes to symmetry and perfect lines, and I noticed that each person's eyeliner was perfectly straight and not smudgy (look close at other sites, you'd be surprised how rare that is). To me that showed this artist had the same attention to detail and perfection that I do and it moved her to the top of my list. I was not wrong in my assumptions.

We did make up for my 2 sisters (bms), both moms, his sister, and myself. Everyone raved about how wonderful the make-up looked and how well it stayed all day (seriously, till the next morning lol). Each of the women in my group have their own style and Aleks picked up on that. We all looked like a more beautiful version of ourselves, in our own way. We also all cried several times and had no running marks or make-up snafus.

Aleks helped me figure out a timeline for the morning of and helped us stick to it (very important, you'll see when your day comes). She was also funny and sweet, and fit right in like a part of the girls that morning. I also had a friend with us who was doing her own makeup but brought the wrong color. Aleks kindly showed her what needed to be fixed and helped her with her makeup during some short downtime.

During my trial I was bloated, forgot to get my eyebrows done, and had just gotten my hair dyed the wrong color. This threw off everything and made it so hard for me to figure out what to do or see anything I liked. Aleks quickly figured out the problem. Did extra contouring on my face to fix the puffy-ness, put thicker coverup on my brows to make them look like a normal shape and clipped my hair back so the color wouldn't interfere. She has a wonderful eye!!

1+ year ago

We had Kim as our hair stylist for our wedding. She did an oustanding job on all of us -- me, my mom, my sister and my mother in law. She did an updo for me, half up/half down for my sister and nice blowouts for the mothers. We all got compliments on the hairdo. I would highly recommend Kim to anyone, hope that I have another occasion to work with her, and was so happy to know that we were in such good hands.

1+ year ago

Out of this world glam fairy at work! My bridesmaids and I were FLOORED by the hair and make up. She made my mother look and feel great. Her work is natural but so enhancing. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out.