Alamoosook Lakeside Inn

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

My daughter had her wedding at the beautiful Alamoosook Lakeside Inn on Aug. 1, 2015. I highly recommend this venue!! We were extremely pleased and very happy with the wedding and reception! I It was so nice and convenient to be able to have the wedding outside next to the breath taking lake and have the reception just a few steps away. The reception hall has large windows around the entire room, so when you walk in the room the view of the Lake is truly amazing! Everything went just perfectly thanks to Gina and her wonderful crew! It was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy the wedding, as Gina took care of everything. It was very helpful to have someone with so much experience and expertise guiding us through the planning process. All of the food was absolutely delicious!! The servers were very professional and attentive and everything was served at exactly the right time. I had guests coming over and telling me how wonderful the food was and what a fun time they had! Thank you so much Gina and crew for making my daughter and her new husbands wedding day a dream come true!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Alamoosook was the perfect place for our ceremony and reception! The inn and surrounding area are stunning, and the food is delicious. All of our guests were blown away by the location, and everyone had something great to say about the appetizers and meals! It was so special to be able to have a beautiful outdoor ceremony followed by a delicious dinner and a fun reception all in one location. Also, it was great to have the dance floor in a separate but visible area from the dinner tables so that guests who wanted to chat and enjoy a glass of wine could do so without being drowned out by the speakers as the night wore on, but everyone still had a good view of the first dance etc. Finally, it was such a privilege to work with Gina to plan every detail! She was always available to answer questions and was flexible whenever we had to make changes. She also was ready and willing to give suggestions to us whenever we weren’t sure about something. It was clear that her priority was helping us have everything we wanted to make our day perfect! Selecting the Alamoosook as our venue was the first choice we made when planning our wedding, and the great experience we had with Gina, her inn, and her staff had everything to do with how smoothly the whole process went!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our wedding at the Inn on May 30, 2015 and it was simply perfect! I feel like we are still waking up from a dream. The location is spectacular (the lake makes for a gorgeous backdrop, the grounds are beautiful and the Inn is simply charming); the food is outstanding (some kid's menu items would be great); and the service is top notch (super attentive, accommodating, responsive and helpful). Gina helped us every step of the way and was a pleasure to work with. We couldn't have been any happier and we would highly recommend The Alamoosook Lakeside Inn!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are currently stationed in Arizona, which meant I had to plan a long distance wedding/reception. I got engaged on Christmas and had thought to call at the beginning of January, just get some ideas of dates. When I called, I learned that only 2 Saturdays were left in October..I called my husband and asked how he felt about 11 Oct! He was surprised to have a date so fast, but I knew after being there one time, that this was the perfect, most intimate place, for my fall wedding. Gina was amazing! I had a ton of questions and she always responded very quickly! She worked hard to ensure I was comfortable with everything. And since I was long distance, I had no idea of vendors. She gave me a list of people she had worked with and recommended. I ended up using all of the people she had told me about! This made it much easier for me to not have to make a million phone calls. Let me just say, I could not have been happier with my wedding/reception. It was absolutely everything I had dreamed about. Gina and her staff took the time to ensure everything was taken care of. She had no issues at all, when I requested an appetizer plate to be brought out to us while we were taking formal pictures! Food was a huge deal for me! I wanted to be able to have it easy, and be able to have everyone have multiple options to choose from! I couldn't imagine trying to get everyone to pick a plate, since I could barely get RSVP's back. Lol. So we went with the ultimate feast buffet! It was phenomenal! Absolutely loved the chicken picatta!!! But everything was delicious! We ended up renting all the rooms out so we could enjoy the inn all night! I was very glad that we did! It made for a wonderful way to spend time with the wedding party afterwards, plus we all got together with my family for the wonderful breakfast in the morning! I would highly recommend anyone to have their wedding/reception at the alamoosook lakeside inn! I look forward to going back for our anniversary!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gina and her staff did an excellent job. They were accommodating, friendly, professional, and easy to work with. The venue was beautiful and food excellent.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our dream wedding at the Alamoosook Lakeside Inn. Everything was perfect from the ideal location, the helpful staff, and the assistance of Gina who was kind and accommodating from start to finish. The food was amazing and every vendor Gina had recommended to us also did a fabulous job. Thank you to Gina and everyone at the Inn who helped create our perfect day! We will certainly be back to stay at the inn as guests to enjoy the beautiful surroundings and comfort of the stay! Thank you again - Kyle and Chris

Private User
1+ year ago

Gina Bushong and her staff are absolutely wonderful. They are pleasant, friendly and very accommodating. The venue is breathtaking and photos on the website are quite accurate. The inn is more amazing in person! I couldn't have chosen a better location or staff to work with. I am very happy with my service!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

My daughter was married at Alamoosook and we could not have had a more perfect weekend! We chose to rent out the inn for the wedding party and it was so relaxing. Gina and the staff took wonderful care of all of us. Breakfasts in the morning were yummy. The staff was so helpful with suggestions and Gina was willing to give us anything we asked. Now as for the wedding, it was stunning! The staff set the perfect stage and the view was amazing. Guests cannot stop raving about how beautiful it was. As for the food and reception, people say they have never had better food at a wedding. Gina was so helpful with suggestions and keeping in touch. Gina had no problem putting a customized menu together and brought it together perfectly. We are forever indebted to Alamoosook for making the wedding incredible!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Alamoosook is a gorgeous spot for a wedding! The inn and surrounding area are beautiful. In addition to a breathtaking setting, Gina and her staff are truly amazing. Through the whole planning process, Gina never took more than a day (usually less than that!) to return emails and/or phone calls which was hugely helpful. On the day of, everything was seamless. The staff were so on top of everything. They took all the stress right off our shoulders. The food and drinks were wonderful--all the guests were impressed! And the rooms were very comfortable. They also provide a delicious breakfast in the morning for anyone staying at the inn. This venue is a great value, wonderful experience, and beautiful location. Thank you Gina and all the Alamoosook staff, you made our wedding a dream come true!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding and reception at the Inn was wonderful! Gina was always available to answer any questions and went above and beyond when it came to helping us make our day perfect. The staff was very professional and friendly. I felt like Gina had everything under control which took a huge weight off us and let us enjoy our day stress free.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with Gina to plan a custom New England lobster picnic and cocktail reception was a delight. As a foodservice professional, my requests were at times different from what the Inn typically provides, however the Inn and staff executed flawlessly. Gina was very agreeable and adaptable to our desires.

The food was plentiful, the lobsters, not the 1 1/4 # (chicken lobsters) served other places amazed our guests. Some of our guests even had seconds as not all wanted shellfish. The grilled chicken was fantastic as we had hoped with a true New England Fireman's Picnic sauce. We threw the staff a few curves by requesting Taboulah and a few other custom items added to their Down East Lobster Bake menu.

Not wanting to create a banquet hall chafing dish visual for the dinner, the staff worked with us to change the service so that we served our steaming lobsters out of a sea weed lined galvanized wash tub, along with using our Grandmother's antique wooden salad bowl. Nice touches that all noticed. The creative presentations were original and fit our theme to a "T".

The appetizers provided by the Inn were all house made, flavorful and splendidly presented.
If I was rating the event, and there were more stars, this event would have earned them all. It is rare that dinners for over 120 guests go off effortlessly and without a hitch. This event did.

Our experience exceeded our expectations by miles, and I am difficult to impress. A note of thanks should be given to Gina and her staff that worked our event, they were fantastic and the cocktail hour and dinner was flawless.

The pricing was fair and what I expected to pay for the event. We could not have been happier with our welcome dinner.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location
Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago

Our wedding at Alamoosook Lakeside Inn was a beautiful event. We had 82 people. Every guest we spoke to raved about the lakeside ceremony, the food, the decorations and the service. Gina and her staff were on top of everything. The planning with Gina and Rhonda over a couple of months made our wedding move smoothly, so we didn’t personally feel burdened on the day of the celebration. Couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Alamoosook, two years after our son and daughter-in-law got married there and four months after our close friends had their wedding there. We already loved the place, but now we feel an even more special connection. We booked all six rooms for our wedding party for two nights and all of us enjoyed the beautiful setting, the lake, the accommodations and amenities, the wonderful food, and the amazing hospitality throughout the weekend. Gina had an emergency and unfortunately was not able to be there at the last minute, but she had been so helpful in the months and weeks leading up to the wedding and had things very well organized and planned. It is a great testament to her that her staff and friends stepped in and had everything running smoothly, making us feel taken care of--even during a passing torrential rainstorm and a power outage right before our ceremony! The sun came out and everyone scrambled to keep the ceremony outdoors, but they would have adjusted the plans for whatever we needed without question. We had a fantastic and memorable wedding in the perfect setting. Thanks Gina and Rhonda and all of your staff!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

While Mother Nature supplied the beautiful lake setting, Gina and her staff provided the excellent service. When my partner and I decided to get married in three weeks time, we could not have found a better person to work with on the details than Gina. Great suggestions and incredibly flexible --e.g., two hours before the ceremony, we found out a couple who intially could not attend, would now be able to attend! They said they would attend the ceremony and cocktail but understood that it was too late to be included for the sit-down luncheon. A quick call to Gina and after consulting her chef, advised that this couple could be accomodated for lunch. Now, that is what I call excellent service! The food drew rave reviews from the guests. In short, you won't be disappointed in having Gina and her staff hositing your wedding at the Lakesde Inn.

Pavlina
1 Review
05/26/2013

This is a beautiful place. The Inn is wonderful and very appropriate for this kind of celebrations. Gina is very kind and polite. She was ready to help us in each moment and in each situation.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning
Kathy
04/07/2013

Gina and her staff worked on our wedding like it was their own, the day was perfect!