Affordable Affairs Gourmet Catering

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

I have searched through many catering companies for my wedding and I could not find one as good as Affordable Affairs Catering. When I called them, they were very friendly and very helpful with building my proposal. They worked with me a lot and were very understanding when I changed my proposal 3 times to work with my budget. I met with David for a tasting to pick my menu for the wedding reception and he was very friendly and answered all of my questions clearly. The food was amazing. He makes sure I am getting exactly what I am paying for and I wasn't getting anything less than what I deserve for the wedding. I look forward to having Affordable Affairs Cater my wedding. I recommend Affordable Affairs Catering to any bride looking for catering for her wedding.

1 person found this review helpful

My fiance and I just finished our tasting with David. His food is absolutely delicious and he is great to work with...very easy going and professional. He gave us a lot of tips and helped us plan out the meal. We are so thankful that our wedding dinner is in the hands of such a capable professional!

Services Used: Catering

I had a very indecisive bride (my daughter) and a very tight timeline. David and Jeff put together a wonderful menu, had a great tasting set up and got us on our way in no time! We grew the event by 40% and they didn't bat an eye. We were probably a pain to work with but they never let on and we had a wonderful time. Our guests raved about the food and the service was awesome!

Marlene
01/31/2015

Affordable Affairs Catering was wonderful to work with! From the first conversation that I had with Jeff until the end of the reception with David, they bent over backwards to accommodate our needs and desires. We received many compliments about the meal including the appetizers! I would highly recommend Affordable Affairs - you will not be disappointed.

Services Used: Catering

I had a scary last minute change in the planning of my wedding, only 30 days left before the big day and I needed a caterer! I found David on wedding wire, he luckily had my day available and was willing to move his schedule around to accommodate a meeting and tasting right away. My mother and myself went to the tasting and the food.... Oh the food! It was delicious! The chicken was cooked to absolute perfection! Not too dry, not too pink, but so juicy and "just right". The sauces were very good as well, and the pasta was amazing! His company also offers fantastic little bite sized desert treats to accompany the coffee, very cool! His hospitality was wonderful, very professional, he even offered a glass of wine when we arrived. Now I can hardly wait for the big day. I feel very confident in David and his catering skills and am looking forward to a delectable dinner!

Services Used: Catering, Unique Services (Other)
Patti
09/13/2014

Jeff and David were incredible to work with because of their amazing catering experience. Planning was smooth, professional, and took a great burden off of us, since we did not have a wedding coordinator. David was flexible and responsive to our request for two tastings. Off all the caterers, David had the best entree and appetizers. Everyone raved about the food and service. The servers were very experienced, extremely responsive, professional, and everything went like clockwork.

David took care of the seating for us at our outdoor venue. The cocktail hour and tray passed appetizers were perfectly timed and and subtly executed. The bar tender was very personable served all with the same enthusiasm as David and the servers.

We felt like David and his professional servers really cared about our event. They made us all feel our event was special and went the extra mile to take care of us on this very special day. There were absolutely no problems.

I will recommend David, Jeff, and Affordable Affairs to friends and family!

Private User
Recently Married

The food was delicious and the service at my wedding was phenomenal. I didn't get to try the meatballs, but I hear they were a hit.

Services Used: Catering

I was so pleased with Affordable Affairs. They were so easy to work with and were flexible with all our needs. The food was delicious, and the service was impecable. Even my hard to please Mom was impressed! I was really impressed with the number of staff they brought with them. This really helped everything run smoothly.

Services Used: Catering

My family and I were very pleased after working with David at Affordable Affairs Catering. He had a wonderful tasting set up for us. He was very personable and polite. He was willing to work with our budget and tweak the menu to fit our needs. The food was delicious and everything seemed to turn out wonderful the day of at the reception!

Tyler
1 Review
07/20/2009

Overall, I would say I was happy with our choice of caterers for our wedding. We received numerous appraisals, and his was by far the most for our money.
We had a pretty big turnout for the party, and therefore a lot of hungry people to feed! David made it happen! Food was excellent, service was great, guests loved the buffet.
We were treated very well during the tasting, and knew at that time we had found our caterer. The only thing we would have liked to have seen was a better selection of colors for tablecloths and napkins. Otherwise, a very nice evening! Great food, great friends and family, beautiful new wife...what more could a guy ask for?

4.3

David did a great job on our back yard wedding. The set up was great and his staff was very professional. The appetizers were wonderful. I was a little disappointed with the pasta (it was a little dry). Everything else was very tasty and our guests really liked it too.
Thank you David.

Private User
1+ year ago
4.1

He responded well to our menu options. We had specific diet requirements and they were followed. He was able to provide table clothes early, which helped us set up our venue.