Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum

Flexibility:
 (4.6/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 2 Reviews
The best wedding venue that you could ever dreamed of, the view is priceless!!
Wedding: 12/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Adler was an awesome space for our wedding! Cocktail hour outside and dinner dancing in the cafe made it the perfect indoor/outdoor space. The service was awesome, the food delicious, and the view, well nothing can compare to the view. Anna was our contact and she was a pleasure to work with!
Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Adler Planetarium is an amazing venue for a wedding. Our guests are still talking about it and would like to do it again! If you can, don't hesitate, it is magical!!!!
Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had the most amazing reception at Adler! Michelle was so helpful with getting everything all set up and we could not have been happier! We loved that our guests could see the beautiful view even when it was a pretty chilly April day! Our guests can't stop talking about how amazing Adler is!
Wedding: 04/13/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had the most wonderful wedding (planned in two months) at the Adler Planetarium! The event coordinator and wedding planner Anna Ditton was so warm, prompt, helpful, down to earth the moment I met her! She was so flexible and helpful- very responsive! I have a small, ver uptight family and Anna juggled it all amazingly! (Not to mention I was sick to my stomach the night of!)

But everything was SO perfect! The views were great, the catering was amazing! Very diverse- we were able to make it very 'us'!

Be ready to drop some dough though! We had a small wedding (30ish), had it in the middle of the winter, and middle of the week- so rates were cut but still UPTHERE! But my understanding is a chunk goes to science! Go science!

I wish I could do it again!
Wedding: 12/12/2012
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony Music, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Adler is without a doubt one of the BEST venues in Chicago, the views were phenomenal! Our guests were blow away with how beautiful it was by the lake and how cool it was to be inside a museum! It is definitely the perfect venue for a fairytale Chicago wedding.
Wedding: 05/27/2012
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I had a few problems with the planetarium for my wedding. I'll first start off by saying that the venue is gorgeous. Nothing beats the skyline views, the harbor views, and the originality of having your reception at the Adler.

When trying to solidify the contract with the Adler, I must have gone back and forth with Karen about 10 times. She repeatedly kept making mistakes, missing fees, and adding incorrectly (I actually had to point out to her that the math was wrong by $1000.00 too LITTLE!). I ended up filling out the contract myself and signing it.

However -- I had originally requested that a newly installed TV monitor be used to show a home-made slideshow of pictures of the two of us growing up. Despite us asking for this WELL before the date, when we asked about it a few days before they said they weren't aware of this request and they couldn't find someone to run it with such late notice. My father in law worked very hard on the montage, and I was incredibly upset that no-one was able to appreciate it.

Additionally, the night of the reception, with the guests lingering in the main area, we used a back entrance to get to our "room" to drop off all our belongings before making a grand entrance. We were met at the back door by a staff member who essentially walked us over to an elevator, pressed a button, and went back to the door - saying she "couldn't leave her post". When we got off the elevator - we had NO IDEA where we were going. My bridal party and I were running around the basement of the Adler for about 10 minutes trying to find someone who knew something about this "room". We ended up having to go out the elevator, down a hallway, into another elevator, across another hallway, and down a set of stairs -- so the girl at the door KNEW it wasn't a straight shot to this room. This got me so incredibly flustered right before our grand entrance into the reception area.
Wedding: 09/19/2009
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
we were very lucky to be able to have our wedding here it far surpasses any downtown hotel ballroom with the view alone. the backdrop of the city and navy pier is why we fell in love with the location. if you have a fairly large budget go to planetarium there sat dates fill up quick. jeff went above and beyond to help us out with every concern we had. we had a hiccup because of a concert at soilder field the same night as our wedding. but jeff handle everything and worked everthing out with soilder field for us.
Wedding: 09/12/2009
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had just my reception at the Planetarium and was so glad I did! It was definitely expensive, but I thought it was worth it. Dancing along the lakefront with the cityscape in view will be a treasured memory for my husband and I, and hopefully to our guests as well.
Wedding: 03/08/2008
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The special events department at the Adler was great. All of the "rules" for having an event at a private museum space were clearly stated and outlined. There were no hidden costs...everything was stated upfront. They worked closely with my caterer (Food for Thought is exclusive to the venue) and when we went for the final walk through, they were completely spot on for placement of cocktail hour, the place card table, etc.

Any time I had a question and emailed and called, I always had a response within 24 hours, most of the time within just a couple hours. The space was amazing, and I was confident leading up to my wedding day. The day of, the space surpassed my expectations (which were high) and it was worth every penny we spent.
Wedding: 06/02/2007
4.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
Both of our families travelled in from smaller cities, so we wanted to wow attendees with the beautiful Chicago skyline. You can't top the view from the Alder Planetarium. Our ceremony was outside on the terrace at sunset. The sky turned the most amazing color of blue as the reception continued inside. What an amazing urban setting. The staff was accommodating and responsive.
Wedding: 08/11/2006
 312-922-7827
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire