Abington Art Center

Value
Flexibility
Aimee
10/11/2014

We absolutely loved everything about hosting our wedding reception at Abington Art Center. Their outdoor pavilion is a wonderful space with so much potential to create whatever atmosphere you are looking for. We kept it simple with our décor and used the lighting the center provides, including the bulb lights that are strung from the ceiling, which we loved. It was a little chillier that day (October 11) that we had hoped but the outdoor setting still worked because it has a solid floor and ceiling, and the open windows have curtains that can be pulled over and snapped so light is still let in but your guests are protected from the elements, and they can go back and forth undercover between the pavilion and the manor. The galleries inside the manor are great for your guests to explore, as are the sculptures on the grounds. We LOVED the sculptures as a backdrop for our photos, especially the proscenium arch from an old theater (aka the gold picture frame). The event staff was wonderful to work with and always available and helpful throughout the process. They have several preferred caterers to choose from - we used Curds and Whey and I couldn't recommend them more highly either - amazing food and service! We love being able to return to our venue for different events that they hold throughout the year - not everyone has the opportunity to go back to the place where they shared so many amazing memories. We can't wait to be there for their concerts this summer and reminisce about our perfect day.

Monika
10/04/2014

My wedding turned out amazing at this venue. Nothing short of amazing!!!

Leah
09/13/2014

My wedding at the Abington Art Center was amazing and absolutely perfect! Kimesha answered every one of my many questions quickly. Everyone I met that works there was kind and helpful! I have no complaints about their service. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Thank you for helping to make it so special!

janetrauscher
05/18/2014

Abington Art Center was our last stop on a daylong tour of wedding venues, and it was---in every way---a breath of fresh air! We loved the building and especially the grounds immediately, and the staff's flexibility and friendliness put us at ease. Jody was a pleasure to work with, going out of her way to ensure than everything ran smoothly for us.

We held our wedding ceremony outdoors, with dinner and dancing in the pavilion---while the kids enjoyed lawn games. Our guests are still talking about how gorgeous and special the setting is. This is a wonderful place to get married, and an amazing value.

Cassandra
05/17/2014

It truly was a lovely venue for our wedding. It was perfect. The event coordinator Jody was quick to respond to any of my questions and was very friendly and professional. If I know of any friends or family that are looking for a venue for any occasion, I will definitely recommend AAC.

Allison
05/10/2014

Jody was a pleasure to work with. We were hoping to have use of the grounds, the ceremony was supposed to be outside - unfortunately the rain threw us for a loop & we had to move everything inside. Still beautiful, still an amazing time!

1 person found this review helpful
Elizabeth
11/08/2013

We held our rehearsal dinner at the AAC on November 8, 2013. We absolutely loved the venue and were so happy to kick off our wedding weekend there! Jody Brookman was very helpful and responsive, and she always responded to my 4838474 emails within a few hours. She opened up one of the galleries that isn't usually used for parties to accommodate our many guests. I didn't have to worry about a thing and we are so appreciative. Thank you! We'll be sure to recommend the AAC as a venue to our friends and family.

1+ year ago

I needed to find a very small venue to fit about 30 to 50 people, I came across the little abington meeting house and instantly fell in love with the place. It's small rustic and romantic and the price was right! Jody was fantastic and even allowed us to come in the day before the wedding to decorate which made our wedding day go by smoother. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a intimate, romantic setting on a small budget.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Abington Art Center was the perfect location for our wedding! It was a really beautiful setting at 30-50% of the cost of the other venues we looked at in the area. The outdoor space is fabulous and we took some fun pictures in the sculpture park.

The team there is also great to work with -- Sharon was really professional and has great relationships with all of our vendors, making the day run seamlessly.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a great experience at the Abington Art Center. Everything was taken care of and the day was beautiful. It was a great choice!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff was great and very helpful thrugh out the planning process.

They made our day wonderful!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved this venue! I had the most wonderful experience at the Abington Art Center. Everything about it was perfect. Sharon is the coordinator. She is the absolute best person to work with. I would recomend to everyone who wants a gorgeous wedding in a unique venue for an affordable price.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely WONDERFUL venue! My husband and I knew as soon as we walked into the facility, that it was our dream venue. :)

Sharon, the Facility Manager, was absolutely wonderful, easy to reach, and helped things go very smoothly on our day. Friendly staff, the scenery is gorgeous and our guests LOVED the art gallery.

I HIGHLY recommend this venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Abington Art Center was the perfect venue for our wedding. Sharon, the event coordinator, was fantastic. The building itself was gorgeous, and the grounds are beautiful. The pavilion outside makes it easy to have an outdoor wedding without the hassle of having to rent a tent. We chose to have our ceremony out in the garden, the leave the patio untented for cocktail hour and have the reception in the pavilion. It was beautiful and all I keep hearing from guests was that this was "the best wedding I've ever been to"! Thank you Sharon and Abington Art Center!

[Private]

I attended a Bat Mitzvah on Saturday night at the Abington Arts Center, I was impressed on how beautiful it was.

The party was setup with a large tent outside, a pavillion, and the inside rooms too - all very stylish and fun.

I thought the way the dining area was decorated was very tasteful. The food was good! There was a special menu setup on a cart, and a bartender to the side serving guests mixed drinks.

I took a picture of one of the signs at the party, this was a really creative way to show everyone where to go. If I was hunting for an event space, I would definitely consider this venue.

Abington Art Center responded with the following comments:

Thank You so much for the wonderful review. Samantha's Bat Mitzvah was one for the books!! It was a beautiful event. Thank you again for coming!

1+ year ago

The Abington Art Center was the only place we could imagine having our wedding. Small enough to feel intimate, but tons of space for people to walk around and not be in a shoebox. We had about 75 people and it was ideal. They are not flexible at all with their policies, but it is outlined upfront in the contract. We were do it yourselfers, so it was a big undertaking to get everything done the day of the ceremony and then broken down and carried away directly following. Even with that, we would book it at the Art Center all over again.