Abington Art Center

Abington Art Center

Favorite
Jenkintown, PA
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

I attended a Bat Mitzvah on Saturday night at the Abington Arts Center, I was impressed on how beautiful it was.

The party was setup with a large tent outside, a pavillion, and the inside rooms too - all very stylish and fun.

I thought the way the dining area was decorated was very tasteful. The food was good! There was a special menu setup on a cart, and a bartender to the side serving guests mixed drinks.

I took a picture of one of the signs at the party, this was a really creative way to show everyone where to go. If I was hunting for an event space, I would definitely consider this venue.

Abington Art Center responded with the following comments:

Thank You so much for the wonderful review. Samantha's Bat Mitzvah was one for the books!! It was a beautiful event. Thank you again for coming!

Recently Married

absolutely beautiful venue and the staff was flexible and made my dreams come true!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our rehearsal dinner and wedding at Abginton Art Center and it was absolutely perfect. The location is beautiful and provides a lot of variety if you're interested in an outdoor wedding with a good rain back up plan. Our guests raved about the space. Kimesha was our wedding coordinator and was very responsive and accommodating. She allowed us to drop off our wedding items a few days before the wedding which made set up so much easier. Kimesha was also helpful in setting up our laid-back rehearsal dinner the night before. We wanted something low key without having to deal with a restaurant. This was perfect and site fee was very affordable to allow us flexibility. The space has a bridal suite and groomsmen lounge. We were able to get our hair/makeup done in the bridal suite which negated the need for a limo. Just perfect. We had a blast

A slight hiccup with some billing issues and I think that may be related to a change in wedding coordinators mid-way through the process. However, Kimesha was eager to get the issue resolved and it turned out to be fine. Overall, I definitely recommend Abington Art Center to couples how want a unique space and are interested in an outdoor ceremony that has some structure to it.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Aimee
10/11/2014

We absolutely loved everything about hosting our wedding reception at Abington Art Center. Their outdoor pavilion is a wonderful space with so much potential to create whatever atmosphere you are looking for. We kept it simple with our décor and used the lighting the center provides, including the bulb lights that are strung from the ceiling, which we loved. It was a little chillier that day (October 11) that we had hoped but the outdoor setting still worked because it has a solid floor and ceiling, and the open windows have curtains that can be pulled over and snapped so light is still let in but your guests are protected from the elements, and they can go back and forth undercover between the pavilion and the manor. The galleries inside the manor are great for your guests to explore, as are the sculptures on the grounds. We LOVED the sculptures as a backdrop for our photos, especially the proscenium arch from an old theater (aka the gold picture frame). The event staff was wonderful to work with and always available and helpful throughout the process. They have several preferred caterers to choose from - we used Curds and Whey and I couldn't recommend them more highly either - amazing food and service! We love being able to return to our venue for different events that they hold throughout the year - not everyone has the opportunity to go back to the place where they shared so many amazing memories. We can't wait to be there for their concerts this summer and reminisce about our perfect day.

Monika
10/04/2014

My wedding turned out amazing at this venue. Nothing short of amazing!!!

Leah
09/13/2014

My wedding at the Abington Art Center was amazing and absolutely perfect! Kimesha answered every one of my many questions quickly. Everyone I met that works there was kind and helpful! I have no complaints about their service. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Thank you for helping to make it so special!

janetrauscher
05/18/2014

Abington Art Center was our last stop on a daylong tour of wedding venues, and it was---in every way---a breath of fresh air! We loved the building and especially the grounds immediately, and the staff's flexibility and friendliness put us at ease. Jody was a pleasure to work with, going out of her way to ensure than everything ran smoothly for us.

We held our wedding ceremony outdoors, with dinner and dancing in the pavilion---while the kids enjoyed lawn games. Our guests are still talking about how gorgeous and special the setting is. This is a wonderful place to get married, and an amazing value.

Cassandra
05/17/2014

It truly was a lovely venue for our wedding. It was perfect. The event coordinator Jody was quick to respond to any of my questions and was very friendly and professional. If I know of any friends or family that are looking for a venue for any occasion, I will definitely recommend AAC.

Allison
05/10/2014

Jody was a pleasure to work with. We were hoping to have use of the grounds, the ceremony was supposed to be outside - unfortunately the rain threw us for a loop & we had to move everything inside. Still beautiful, still an amazing time!

1 person found this review helpful
Elizabeth
11/08/2013

We held our rehearsal dinner at the AAC on November 8, 2013. We absolutely loved the venue and were so happy to kick off our wedding weekend there! Jody Brookman was very helpful and responsive, and she always responded to my 4838474 emails within a few hours. She opened up one of the galleries that isn't usually used for parties to accommodate our many guests. I didn't have to worry about a thing and we are so appreciative. Thank you! We'll be sure to recommend the AAC as a venue to our friends and family.

4.7

My wedding at the Abington Art Center was absolutely beautiful thanks to Jody Brookman and Joshua's Catering! I promise that if you're a bride that wants an original wedding that's not a cookie-cutter carpeted ballroom disaster, then THIS is your place. The art galleries are beautiful and the grounds in and of themself are simply stunning for a spring, summer or fall wedding!!

ajc277
1+ year ago
0.8

We had our wedding at AAC in September 2013.
During a visit to AAC a few months before the weeding we noticed that they installed a large, intrusive banner with their corporate sponsor’s logo on it on the side of the outdoor stage. Who would want this visible during their wedding ceremony or in their wedding photos? We asked and AAC was unwilling to take it down for the wedding. We had to settle for an alternative ceremony site within their campus.
Our next problem was discovered the week before the wedding during an onsite visit with the caterer. We found that a 3' x 40' strip of grass right in the middle of our new ceremony site was missing! Apparently there was a wedding there over a month prior and they laid a runner down to create an aisle way which killed the grass and turned the area into a mud pit. I attempted to contact the Private Events Manager but her office was closed at the time. I was able to reach the Executive Director of AAC and she understood the situation completely and assured me that new sod would be installed before our wedding and that the Private Events Manager would see to it. The next day the Private Events Manager called me and after I offered to help source and install sod, she became very disgruntled and threatened to hang up on me! She also said that until she received our final payment, the problem would not be resolved. How unprofessional! They never even sent us an invoice for this payment! Later that day we went down to AAC and paid our balance in full and met face to face with the Private Events Manager. She never once apologized for the way she spoke to me on the phone but told us that they were attempting to find someone to install sod and if they couldn't get anyone they would remove the banner on the outdoor stage so we could have our ceremony there as we originally planned. If they would have just removed the banner in the first place, the whole mess could have been avoided!

Abington Art Center responded with the following comments:

We are sorry that event this was stressful. For Abington Art Center it was the most difficult client we have worked with to date.

Many of these issues were caused by lack of communication and aggressive behavior on the client's part. We are committed to making every event special and work with each client to achieve their goals.

The banner in question was removed as requested and the sod replaced without problem and in a timely manner.

This client was abrasive to both us as the caterer and refused to pay the balance in a timely manner after repeated invoicing.

We are proud to host weddings and special events every weekend at our facility. We look forward to providing a high level of customer service and client satisfaction.

1+ year ago

The Abington Art Center was the only place we could imagine having our wedding. Small enough to feel intimate, but tons of space for people to walk around and not be in a shoebox. We had about 75 people and it was ideal. They are not flexible at all with their policies, but it is outlined upfront in the contract. We were do it yourselfers, so it was a big undertaking to get everything done the day of the ceremony and then broken down and carried away directly following. Even with that, we would book it at the Art Center all over again.

Maren
08/25/2013
4.3

The space was perfect and exactly what we needed. We were fortunate with the weather, but I think it would have worked out fine in any case.

2+ years ago

The Art Center is simply beautiful, we were ecstatic about having our wedding there and all of our guests agreed! Such a perfect spot for an elegant wedding. Thank you for everything!

2+ years ago

I needed to find a very small venue to fit about 30 to 50 people, I came across the little abington meeting house and instantly fell in love with the place. It's small rustic and romantic and the price was right! Jody was fantastic and even allowed us to come in the day before the wedding to decorate which made our wedding day go by smoother. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a intimate, romantic setting on a small budget.