A. Whitmore Photography

A. Whitmore Photography

4632 N. renshaw dr.
Memphis, TN 38122
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

4.3
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

The Pros: In the beginning, Amelia and Lance were very accommodating. Amelia has a really fun & upbeat personality while Lance is very laid-back & pays close attention to detail.

The Cons: All professionalism A. Whitmore Photography had with us went out the door after our wedding. Their responsiveness to our emails/phone calls/text messages drastically decreased to the point where my husband & I were the only ones maintaining communication. When we met for our Day After session, Amelia told my husband & I that in two weeks from that day, all retouched/edited images from each session would be uploaded onto her website for us to review. Then, we would be able to select our hard copy pictures. After numerous text messages, phone calls & emails, two months went by before we even heard from the photographers. Once we got a response, my husband & I heard every excuse to explain the delay on our photos: they were overwhelmed, they lost their dogs, even a sudden death in the family. My husband & I understand that things happen in life that are out of our control but SIX MONTHS had gone by & we still had no photos. Honestly, we didn’t care about the photographers' personal lives because we had a BUSINESS; not a personal relationship with them. The lack of communication was so bad at one point that the website was shut down (they didn't inform us), which had all of our photos on it, deactivated their email account & changed their phone message so (it appeared) they were no longer in business. Basically we paid, in full, for our photos & had no way of contacting them to ensure they would uphold their end of the contract. In the end, we received our photos six months after the date stated in our contract.

I’ve been told A. Whitmore Photography is “getting out of doing wedding photography” & I can only hope that’s true. Their lack of professionalism & inability to maintain communication with their clients is despicable. PLEASE DO NOT use A. Whitmore Photography!!

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Aimee & Lance are Ah-May-Zing!!!!! We had this dynamic duo come out to us in Honolulu, Hawaii. They were also my sister's photographers in Oklahoma city back in July 2010 too. We love their: creativity, ninja-nuity, mcgyver-like skills, resoucefulness, the list goes on. They were so much help with our wedding. They also had to deal with my speratic bridezilla moments...^_^...I'm sorry you guys! We also did the Day After Session on they beach, tons of fun!! Our pictures were so much more than we ever imagined!!!! Love Love Love them!!!

• Wedding: 05/13/2012
2.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

Me and my husband got married on April 21, 2012. Amy and Lance were great fun on the wedding day and were quick to post sneak peak photos on their website, which was wonderful. I paid the full amount up front for a package including a photo album. 8/15/12: Stated via e-mail that the photos would be ready in one week, after repeated attempts to contact the business. Take note this is 4 months after our wedding. 9/27/12: Asked for my address to send me a CD with the photos. They had not looked at our contract to see that I had ordered the album. 10/08/12: Realized that I had ordered an album and told me to pick photos, which I did not know how to do on the website. 10/25/12: Finally responded to my e-mails asking what the process was to choose photos for album. 11/13/12: Began working on album. Today (12/17/12): Still have not seen a proof of the album. It will have been 8 months by Christmas and I am unable to give any wedding photos as gifts for the holiday. Also, my grandmother passed away last month before she was able to see the pictures, which she had been asking me to see the whole time she was on hospice. Needless to say, if you want your pictures in a timely manner, DO NOT choose this service, regardless of how fun they are or how good the pictures turn out, it doesn't mean much when you don't have them. I have never written a negative review on anyone, but this has gotten out of hand and I want to prevent other newly married couples from going through the same process.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amelia & Lance are amazing! They went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and they are amazing at what they do! They took amazing shots and they have such an artistic eye, it's almost unreal! The teaser shots tok our breath away!

• Wedding: 06/25/2011
*~*June2011*~*
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A. Whitmore exceeded all of our expectations! They were such a pleasure to work with and their creativity will make photos that will take your breath away.

• Wedding: 01/08/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't even begin to explain how much we LOVE A. Whitmore Photography. Amy did our engagement shoot, bridal shoot and our wedding and each time our pictures exceeded our expectations. She is so fun-loving and has the most unique way of capturing the moment in your pictures. Her pictures make you feel beautiful and you have so much fun doing it. Her and Lance are so care free and good natured you forget you are getting your pictures taken and can't stop laughing. If you are looking for a photographer to blow your mind with her amazing eye, A. Whitmore Photography is for you.

• Wedding: 11/06/2010
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Amy and Lance were so incredible! The special events that they shoot can be stressful but they are able to bring a joy and relaxation that leads to wonderful memories you will cherish along with your pictures. Amy's creativity is ahead of the curve! My only critic is that due to her awesomeness, Amy is really busy and can be hard to get ahold of sometimes. She goes above and beyond and her husband Lance that helps her is really cool!

• Wedding: 10/09/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Most amazingly talented photographer! We flew Amelia down to Mexico with us for our destination wedding and Will and I agreed that it was one of our best decisions of the whole planning process. She was able to capture all the most important moments and the editing on these pictures (colors, etc) were out of this world!!

• Wedding: 09/18/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A. Whitmore is a multi-talented photographer who pours herself into each picture. She has a great eye for creativity and can get unimagineable shots. She's not pushy or overbearing. She didn't make us pose and try to create an image. Instead, she allowed us to be ourselves and captured me and my then fiance in our most natural state of existence. Since getting married, we still look back at our pictures and pleasantly reminisce. People who want the best deserve A. Whitmore Photograhy.

• Wedding: 08/07/2010
Dee
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amelia Whitmore Photography did an AMAZING job! She worked around my schedule since I was coming in town for 8 days. They were on time, and very professional. She did everything she said she was going to do and more. My pictures was done a week before the expected time. It was a hot day and they bought me a couple of waters to keep me hydrated. It was very fun, relaxing, and I enjoyed every second of it! I would refer them to anyone and I will only use A. Whitmore Photography for my wedding photographer as well.

• Wedding: 07/01/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

most talented photographer/artist i have ever worked with....and that is saying a lot! i still look at my pics almost everyday i love them so much. i have had complete strangers on facebook message me to ask about my photographer. she is unique and memorable, and her port should totally speak for itself!

• Wedding: 06/12/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amy is not only an incredibly talented photographer, but also an extremely creative individual. She can take a run-of-the mill situation and literally create magic from it. She has a keen eye and the ability to capture moments in a unique way. Just what I was searching for as I am not fond of “normal”. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

• Wedding: 05/31/2010
901-387-7171
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.3